Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on board. Bill Self being RC's best friend makes me confident that if the Spurs think Robinson is worth his contract, he probably is.

It reminds me of the Antonio Daniels trade. AD was drafted fourth overall but landed in a bad situation. The Spurs then traded a late first rounder and salary filler after one subpar season.

Robinson went 5th last year but there were strong rumors he could go as high as number two. He's a pretty damn good prospect who has a chance to flourish in a structured environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone always complaining about being undersized and then there is a 9 page topic about a 6'8" power forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Rob would be an awesome pickup tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really am warming up to the idea of obtaining T-Rob.

But I get the feeling we are just getting our hopes up over nothing again. Hope not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, for TRob, what teams with cap space do we think could facilitate? It seems like CLE wants him, so they appear to be out. Who else? I don't see the Spurs doing it straight up unless they agree to do a trade where they get back more than one player where HOU could save the amount of money needed (Bonner leaves them 1M short of what they want to clear. Spurs and HOU would have to add another player(s) to make up that difference).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now this is sort of exciting. While I believe he'll always be a better college senior than an NBA player. He'd be a great building block as a rotation PF. Essentially gives you more athletism than Blair and fills a spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone always complaining about being undersized and then there is a 9 page topic about a 6'8" power forward.
    It's one thing to be undersized in your postion, but if your undersized and not athletic(blair) there's room to complain. T-Rob may be a little undersized but he makes up for it with major athleticism and aggressiveness..something the Spurs have not had at the PF position.

Sex Panther user- 60% of the time, it works every time. Sausage's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could the deal be? Only thing I can come up with is CoJo and Nando and our first round pick for Thomas Robinson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could the deal be? Only thing I can come up with is CoJo and Nando and our first round pick for Thomas Robinson?
    They don't want any salary back. They just want to rid his contract so they can offer max deal for Dwight. So picks, cash, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't want any salary back. They just want to rid his contract so they can offer max deal for Dwight. So picks, cash, etc.
    Well, they could do a trade like Bonner/Nando/28th Pick for Thomas Robinson/Aaron Brooks.

In the Bonner for TR trade, that leaves HOU with 1M too much in salary. If you do the Nando for Brooks part, that shaves that 1M for HOU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. I'd say go for it. As long as we're not giving up the next 3 or 4 first round draft picks. I'll go 2 at the most + cash. But if he's as good as I've heard then it might be worth the gamble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Rob is listed at 6'10 237. I don't think he's that size, but he's probably the size of your average PF. In reality he's probably 6'9 245. And he's built like a brick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is about the size of Carl Landry who I've seen called undersized around here. You are right though, he has a bigger frame on him.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, they could do a trade like Bonner/Nando/28th Pick for Thomas Robinson/Aaron Brooks.

In the Bonner for TR trade, that leaves HOU with 1M too much in salary. If you do the Nando for Brooks part, that shaves that 1M for HOU.
    Brooks's got a fully unguaranteed contract, so they'll probably waive him in the next 2 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson's got the longer wingspan though. And he's lighter on his feet at a lower body fat %. Carl Landry had a slightly better vert coming out of college, but T-Rob's no step is a good bit better.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks's got a fully unguaranteed contract, so they'll probably waive him in the next 2 days.
    Not to mention if Houston's going to want a 1st round draft pick, they'd probably want a 2014 draft pick that doesn't eat into their 2013 cap room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call - missed that on Brooks. Principle remains though. They could do something like Bonner/Baynes/28th for TR/Royce White. As long as the other players add up to 1M+ in savings for Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention if Houston's going to want a 1st round draft pick, they'd probably want a 2014 draft pick that doesn't eat into their 2013 cap room.
    This very likely won't or it will be so little that it won't matter (draft and stash player..). All early reports are them wanting a pick this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's one thing to be undersized in your postion, but if your undersized and not athletic(blair) there's room to complain. T-Rob may be a little undersized but he makes up for it with major athleticism and aggressiveness..something the Spurs have not had at the PF position.
    Robinson is also 6'8 3/4" not the 6'6 1/2" blair is. that is a big difference.

robinson
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Robinson-5496/

blair
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeJuan-Blair-5049/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, for TRob, what teams with cap space do we think could facilitate? It seems like CLE wants him, so they appear to be out. Who else? I don't see the Spurs doing it straight up unless they agree to do a trade where they get back more than one player where HOU could save the amount of money needed (Bonner leaves them 1M short of what they want to clear. Spurs and HOU would have to add another player(s) to make up that difference).
    I haven't thought out a trade, but I know the Jazz have tons of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does TRob have the body and ability to guard the durant...lebron... carmelo... type guys of the league?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call - missed that on Brooks. Principle remains though. They could do something like Bonner/Baynes/28th for TR/Royce White. As long as the other players add up to 1M+ in savings for Rockets.
    I see what you did there...we have enough meltdown up here without you instigating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you did there...we have enough meltdown up here without you instigating.
    lol - just trying to paint the picture on how SA could do the trade with HOU straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, don't forget: Teams with unsigned first round picks can, if all parties want, file do ents with the league agreeing not to sign the player that season, which in return removes their cap hold for the year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be great. Spurs getting Thomas Robinson and being able to keep their pick this year and getting an Erick Green or somebody of that nature. I'm all for it.

Thread Information