Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, don't forget: Teams with unsigned first round picks can, if all parties want, file do ents with the league agreeing not to sign the player that season, which in return removes their cap hold for the year
    True. If I were Houston though, I'd still want the 2014 pick. It's a pretty weak draft. #28 this year < #whatever next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but they have to shed him. I don't think they hold as much powers as many seem to think.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clock is ticking on them, that's for certain.

And if I'm the Spurs and I can get Robinson for Bonner and a 1st (ignoring spare parts), Houston can take their pick between '13 & '14 as far as I'm concerned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was an effective player through 3 rounds of the playoffs, and a big reason we got past Memphis. He also hasn't hit his ceiling yet, and this was his first year going this deep in the playoffs. In a year or two, he could be a plus member of the rotation all the way to the end. If we replace him with anyone who hasn't played that deep in the playoffs, that player has to go through the process of acclimating to that level of intensity as well.
    Tiago took advantage of LA not having sufficient coaching, GS is not an interior team and Memphis is slow footed in the paint. The biggest problem is that all the teams that we're going to match up against in years to come are getting more athletic and it will be a problem for Tiago to be useful against them. At 28/29 years of age and in the Spurs system Tiago is not going to add weapons in the offseason to his offensive game. I don't see him getting any kind of post moves with a suitable jump hook or a jumper. He's a PnR center and where he gets the ball is going towards the basket, that won't change and I don't see him being successful in the long run. I just don't think he's mentally tough to get better, to get stronger or to get a better post game and if that's the truth he's not worth 10 or 12 Million dollars to basically be a spare part starting center.

It used to be that inexperience in the playoffs would cost you a lot and in some cases that is still true for players who get stymied with adversity but the league is different now, all these players that are in the league, they're young and they're playing against other young guys. It feels like they're still in college because everyone comes out young.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I think Robinson's a pipe dream. Would love for the spurs to land him, but it seems pretty far fetched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago took advantage of LA not having sufficient coaching, GS is not an interior team and Memphis is slow footed in the paint. The biggest problem is that all the teams that we're going to match up against in years to come are getting more athletic and it will be a problem for Tiago to be useful against them. At 28/29 years of age and in the Spurs system Tiago is not going to add weapons in the offseason to his offensive game. I don't see him getting any kind of post moves with a suitable jump hook or a jumper. He's a PnR center and where he gets the ball is going towards the basket, that won't change and I don't see him being successful in the long run. I just don't think he's mentally tough to get better, to get stronger or to get a better post game and if that's the truth he's not worth 10 or 12 Million dollars to basically be a spare part starting center.

It used to be that inexperience in the playoffs would cost you a lot and in some cases that is still true for players who get stymied with adversity but the league is different now, all these players that are in the league, they're young and they're playing against other young guys. It feels like they're still in college because everyone comes out young.
    1. Lots of centers are slow footed in the paint. There aren't that many teams that have really quick centers, which makes Tiago a bonus in that respect.
    2. Some teams will be more athletic, some won't. Golden State was athletic at a bunch of positions, but Tiago was useful against them, because their post players weren't super-athletic. The problem wasn't that Tiago couldn't keep up with other post players, it was that he, like pretty much any center not making max money, wasn't that useful vs. smallball.
    3. Tiago had a jumper in Europe. Pop gave him the red light so that he could concentrate on mastering the NBA pick and roll and have one elite NBA skill instead of having two semi-good ones. Achievement unlocked -- he's one of the best in the league at the P&R now. There's no reason he can't start working to bring that jumper back, and if he does, as Chinook said earlier in the thread, he'll be way harder to defend.
    4. How good can his post game get? Not a clue. But even without improving a ton there, the jumper would be a coup.
    5. Yeah, there's lots of young guys in the league, and they're playing against other young guys. And nearly all of them are watching the games on TV by the conference finals. Guys who are effective deep into the playoffs early on -- Kawhi, Durant and Westbrook, etc. -- are stark exceptions. Everyone else learns how to handle the pressure through experience.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I came up with this idea when it first came out that the Rockets were going to trade Robinson. I said the Spurs shhould go after him and got crushed on here other Spurs fans saying that I was nuts and if Sacramento let him go he must suck. Now the Spurs front office feels the way I do and everyone is in love with Robinson. LMAO

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't know if he sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now Cavs select the Russian kid at 19 who has not intention of being stashed, and Bulls select US player Snell. Does this mean Houston's deals for Thomas with those teams fell apart?

interesting...

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Rockets are going to return the favor and Trade Robinson to the Spurs when the Spurs sent Scola to the Rockets. That is my gut feeling. Remember, this about just slashing salary and the Spurs could trade a future pick, Bonner and 1mil in cash (to cover Bonner's cap hit) to trade for Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if we get T-Rob, would Ledo be the way to go if available?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Rockets are going to return the favor and Trade Robinson to the Spurs when the Spurs sent Scola to the Rockets. That is my gut feeling. Remember, this about just slashing salary and the Spurs could trade a future pick, Bonner and 1mil in cash (to cover Bonner's cap hit) to trade for Robinson.
    I would be happy to get rid of bonner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if we get T-Rob, would Ledo be the way to go if available?
    or allen crabbe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would TR+ Greg Smith for Bonner + 28th work?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    When could we expect to hear about this trade (even if it's not to the Spurs?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't know if he sucks.
    Yeah somehow I picture Robinson as a one inch taller James Anderson. I remember a little about his last college game, not too sure he held up to Anthony Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does TRob have the body and ability to guard the durant...lebron... carmelo... type guys of the league?
    Lebron and carmelo possibly
    Durant no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how does the draft (and the moves made by Spurs, Mavs and Rockets) affect the T Rob to SA scenario? (I'm too tired to figure it out.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how does the draft (and the moves made by Spurs, Mavs and Rockets) affect the T Rob to SA scenario? (I'm too tired to figure it out.)
    Not really.

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    10+ pages on some scrub..

, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds a lot like Rockets failed to built some trade value for Robinson with all these fake leaked rumors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds a lot like Rockets failed to built some trade value for Robinson with all these fake leaked rumors.
    Nobody knows what's going to be out there not till July 1st so why bite the bullet early?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll be able to move him when they need to. Everyone has 10 days to work out their off-seasons. Worst comes to worst, they can just attach their pick for him. Someone will take him, even if it's only Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I came up with this idea when it first came out that the Rockets were going to trade Robinson. I said the Spurs shhould go after him and got crushed on here other Spurs fans saying that I was nuts and if Sacramento let him go he must suck. Now the Spurs front office feels the way I do and everyone is in love with Robinson. LMAO
    Sounds like Spurstalk bro. Lol. You know how people get around here.

Thread Information