Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for getting T Rob..He has been traded to the Trailblazers for two Euro Scrubs and a couple Second Rd Picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This does affect the Splitter situation, however. Either this deal eliminates some of Portland's cap space, making it significantly harder for them to outbid the Spurs, or it gives the team an asset that they can deal in a sign-and-trade for Splitter. Honestly, Portland was about the best team that could have acquired Robinson.
    Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing. Could be the Blazers anticipating that Spurs want Robinson in such a trade. Would they still have the space to bid, say, 10m on Splitter? Iirc, they too were way under cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was being sarcastic.

It's not even about Robinson (who I really liked) but the fact we'll probably hold on to Bonner for dear life over some other guys.
    It's actually pretty depressing to be honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a waste. He'll be stuck in Portland now. Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you likely won't even get that (in regards to the excitement of a search for a backup for Leonard), as they'll most likely sign Casspi, who's basically the Joseph of SF's, which is to say, very little in the way of actual, discernible skill . . . but hey, he tries hard. You'd think more would be required for a rotation player on an NBA team and particularly one of the elite variety, but apparently not.

I'm not particularly high on Robinson and for next season, Diaw and Bonner may well be better fits, but it would be nice if they could actually get someone they're supposedly pursuing for once.

More importantly, the big rotation still doesn't really work. The starters are both centers, the backups are both power forwards (neither of whom have the length, rebounding or shot blocking, to get away with credibly playing center), there's not a surefire second big to close games and there's not an above average athlete in the bunch.
    At this point, I would be happy if Pop at least gives Baynes a chance. I don't think he is our savior or anything, but It would be nice to have an option if Splitter goes vagina once again in the playoffs.
    We can only hope that Kawhi improves his offensive game and that Cojo or Nando take their game to the next level in order to lead the 2nd unit with Manu. It's pretty clear now that Manu can't do everything alone like he could in the past.

Anyway, boring off-season per usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry. Next trade will be a six pack of Bud Lite for Robinson. How many teams have to dump him before you figure out he's a bust?
    If he doesn't do anything this next year then I think people will pretty much get the idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you Blazers for closing up this thread..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This takes some dry powder away from one of the serious suitors for Splitter. By my math, this pushes them within $10 million of the salary cap. We should be ecstatic about this trade going down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This takes some dry powder away from one of the serious suitors for Splitter. By my math, this pushes them within $10 million of the salary cap. We should be ecstatic about this trade going down.
    Agree..Good point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you likely won't even get that (in regards to the excitement of a search for a backup for Leonard), as they'll most likely sign Casspi, who's basically the Joseph of SF's, which is to say, very little in the way of actual, discernible skill . . . but hey, he tries hard. You'd think more would be required for a rotation player on an NBA team and particularly one of the elite variety, but apparently not.

I'm not particularly high on Robinson and for next season, Diaw and Bonner may well be better fits, but it would be nice if they could actually get someone they're supposedly pursuing for once.

More importantly, the big rotation still doesn't really work. The starters are both centers, the backups are both power forwards (neither of whom have the length, rebounding or shot blocking, to get away with credibly playing center), there's not a surefire second big to close games and there's not an above average athlete in the bunch.
    He would have been the perfect Blair replacement...you know doing what Blair wishes he could do...rebound and play defense.

Too bad they couldn't pick him up IMO.Sad to say, but it looks like its gonna be manu, splitter, neal and a middle of the road player with the exception.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I would be happy if Pop at least gives Baynes a chance. I don't think he is our savior or anything, but It would be nice to have an option if Splitter goes vagina once again in the playoffs.
    We can only hope that Kawhi improves his offensive game and that Cojo or Nando take their game to the next level in order to lead the 2nd unit with Manu. It's pretty clear now that Manu can't do everything alone like he could in the past.

Anyway, boring off-season per usual.
    Baynes has virtually no shot at cracking the rotation, but I do think he'll have a stretch or two of games where he takes Bonner's spot in the rotation. If they do that and he plays the games they sit Duncan, they should get an idea of whether he's someone who can be the long term answer at backup center or not.

As for backup PG, I have no faith in either. By next season, Joseph might be a suitable backup for a run of the mill team, but probably not for a legit contender, while De Colo is most likely no more than a fifth guard period.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustrating when you think what the blazers gave Houston for him.. and yet we don't get rid of Bonner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustrating when you think what the blazers gave Houston for him.. and yet we don't get rid of Bonner?

Matty is staying no matter what

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew it wouldn't happen. The spurs were never really players in the T-Rob game.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew it wouldn't happen. The spurs were never really players in the T-Rob game.
    They probably offered a draft pick and Portland said, give us matty and 2 picks and the Spurs said, " no, Bonner is a Spur 4 Life"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rocket get a good deal for Robinson given the cir stances. It is nowhere near as good that getting #19 or #20 as "leaked" but Papanikolaou is a nice little player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs already have their T-Rob for next season.........Baynes.

Thread Information