Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to make this deal happen. He's not undersized, he's athletic as , has his ACLs, works hard for everything just needs to learn. He can rebound like a mother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to make this deal happen. He's not undersized, he's athletic as , has his ACLs, works hard for everything just needs to learn. He can rebound like a mother.
    Imagine him and Kawhi on the boards..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoot, and only 22? Sky is the limit, plus you have Tim as a mentor and the coaching staff to help develop his game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is undersized. A little shorter than Patrick Patterson and plays like a small forward. I watch the Rockets a lot. I wouldn't expect much from T-Rob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is undersized. A little shorter than Patrick Patterson and plays like a small forward. I watch the Rockets a lot. I wouldn't expect much from T-Rob.
    He hasn't been on the court with a real team, and when he has been on the court its for low minutes.. The guy can ball and he can get stronger and develop a game. He's much tougher then Tiago Splitter for his size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Follow-up trade rumble: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they take him from Rockets for No. 20 pick

There are rumors that Aldridge wants to go to the Bulls, could be part of that potential trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Will Lose Out In Both Aldridge & Thomas, Per The Usual!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe they can get a top 20 pick from someone for Thomas Robinson. Not only that, but these teams offering a top 20 pick are doing HOU a massive favor knowing they have to trade him to clear cap space and save money!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our only hope is the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are more interested in Thomas Robinson than they let on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets have to also consider that taking a 19 or 20 pick has cap considerations, even if they cut the player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Follow-up trade rumble: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they take him from Rockets for No. 20 pick

There are rumors that Aldridge wants to go to the Bulls, could be part of that potential trade.

Aldridge to the Bulls without giving up Deng or Butler would be the perfect impact move that they would need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand why a team would give up a top 20 pick when they know HOU has to move him and it would save HOU money. That part makes no sense. Even if you like TR, he's on the verge of being traded twice already and HOU has no leverage.

If you say "we know you have to move him and we like him, we will save you the money by absorbing his contract and you can get a Trade Exception, deal"? When they have to move, how could they say no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see what the Bulls have to give the Blazers besides Noah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they would try to make Taj Gibson the centerpiece of a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does offering a top 20 pick for TR make any sense to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they would try to make Taj Gibson the centerpiece of a trade.
    So Gibson, Robinson, Teague and two firsts? Not a terrible deal, really.

EDIT: Ooh, they also have Mirotic's rights, which are probably the most valuable of all international players. They actually do have some really good pieces.
    Last edited by Chinook; 06-26-2013 at 02:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson also has a 2 year deal right that's guaranteed? Team option for 3rd and 4th year? So why would you give up a pick for that? I'd just take on the additional payroll for 1 season to free up the space and keep my pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein: Follow-up trade rumble: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they take him from Rockets for No. 20 pick Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does offering a top 20 pick for TR make any sense to you?
    If the Blazers want him, why not? Getting him would make it easier to match salaries for Aldridge, and even if he'd be getting traded to his FOURTH team in about one year, he's still more valuable than a player picked at 20.

The concern would be if they can't move him. Then, he'd push them deep into the tax, and they'd remain near that even if they amnesty Boozer. At best, Robinson would be the third big, and they really shouldn't pay that much when they have Malcolm Thomas and Mirotic in the pipeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just realized somebody posted that link already my bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda confused on why the Rockets would want a first rounder. Isn't the objective there to shed cap space? First rounder is just another guaranteed contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my point. Take everything else out of it, if a team has to move someone to get critical cap space and you are saving them money, why on Earth would they give you a pick on top of bailing you out financially?

I highly doubt that getting TR would really make trading LA easier considering the level of player. He has not performed like you would hope a top pick would and really has not done enough to say he's worth a top 20 pick considering advance metrics have this draft as reasonably productive. You don't give up first rounders unless you have to and under no cir stance does this qualify IMO (HOU has to move him, you dont really love him, has not performed all that well and not guaranteed to be able to flip him).

If you are the Cavs, why would you offer your 19th? I see at least some logic to CHI doing it (although it's still silly IMO), but CLE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda confused on why the Rockets would want a first rounder. Isn't the objective there to shed cap space? First rounder is just another guaranteed contract.
    You can quite easily draft a stash player and not take any hit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing they could do is stash the pick and not pay the salary until next season. That could be preferable to them, as they will eventually need cheap players to fill out their roster.

I could see them trying for Mirotic's rights instead of a first if they trade with Chicago. That way, they either get no cap hold or a very small one (like $400k).

Thread Information