Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why I didn't think of that. Of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Cleveland wants their picks. They've drafted enough, and 19 is not that valuable to them. At least 31 and 33 will help them get international players. If they can turn 19 into a player with top-5 talent, they would have done a good job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Cleveland wants their picks. They've drafted enough, and 19 is not that valuable to them. At least 31 and 33 will help them get international players. If they can turn 19 into a player with top-5 talent, they would have done a good job.
    Well, in this case, it appears they would not be doing that in Thomas Robinson or else he would not be bouncing around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if they trade this guy, it would either be today or tomorrow correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's for a pick, yes. If not, then they just need to trade him before they make their pitch to Dwight (July 1st).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, in this case, it appears they would not be doing that in Thomas Robinson or else he would not be bouncing around.
    Sacramento is not known for making good decisions, and Houston is pretty heartless about making deals. If Chicago believes Robinson is the missing piece to get Lamarcus Aldridge that demonstrates Robinson's value around the league.

Wouldn't it be funny if Robinson ultimately ended up coming through the Spurs after being traded to Chicago, then Portland and finally as part of a sign-and-trade for Splitter?

Anyhow, the Rockets don't have to trade Robinson until it comes time to actually sign Howard. That means about the 10th of July. They can certainly recruit Howard and get him to agree to a deal before they officially get the cap space. The moratorium is enough time to work out all the details.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't complain if the Spurs got him, but I think I'd still prefer a combination of Al Farouq Aminu-- whose rebounding skills are similar to Robinson's but who is a large SF rather than a just slightly undersized PF-- and a big like Brandan Wright who doesn't rebound like Robinson, but is a much better shot bocker and jump shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
    Bulls or Spurs have improved offer for Rockets F Thomas Robinson, I'm told. Cavs may be left out at the end.

--

Possibly why they hired Boylen, to work with Robinson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. If its the spurs, I wonder what RC's got up his sleeve...

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner and the 28th Pick.. They could cut Bonner and only be out 1Mil

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs can find a way to acquire Thomas Robinson and keep their first round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they could get Thomas Robinson I'd bet Tiago gets a S&T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs can find a way to acquire Thomas Robinson and keep their first round pick.
    Sign and trade with Portland if they acquire Thomas from Chicago.., trade bonner straight up with cash considerations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lobek's right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't make any sense. Why are people so high on TR? Saying you can let Tiago go because you can get him? Offering up first rounders for a guy HOU has to move? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the Rockets returning the Scola favor and giving the Spurs Robinson for peanuts. That's just my hunch. Houston still owe the Spurs one on that deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't make any sense. Why are people so high on TR? Saying you can let Tiago go because you can get him? Offering up first rounders for a guy HOU has to move? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    He has a high motor, works hard, was in Purgatory in Sacramento, Houston had way too many PF for him to get meaningful minutes and no coaching to learn to play the NBA style game. Tiago is going to cost too much and he's pretty maxed out offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super athletic guy who's not afraid to take advantage of match up and is no slouch under the rim or on the glass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not against Thomas Robinson, but some of the things that have been said..wow.

Also, props to HOU for turning a guy who has not produced yet, that they absolutely have to move, into a guy everyone evidently is clamoring for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson makes little sense for Chicago right now. They are in a very complicate situation luxury tax wise and adding Robinson's salary while they are fine at PF with Boozer and Gibson, would be weird. As Stein tweeted, Robinson could be send to a third team but Bulls could get Robinson for themselves and amnesty Boozer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson makes little sense for Chicago right now. They are in a very complicate situation luxury tax wise and adding Robinson's salary while they are fine at PF with Boozer and Gibson, would be weird. As Stein tweeted, Robinson could be send to a third team but Bulls could get Robinson for themselves and amnesty Boozer.
    The Bulls will end up getting him, nothing to see here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm super high on him, but not so high that I think we should let Tiago walk.

Sacto demonstrated that he can't just walk out onto an NBA court and be effective -- he needs coaching. He should come in here as the 4th or 5th big initially, and have to earn PT as he acclimates. If he comes along really well, I could easily see him taking Boris's spot as the third big man at some point. If he comes along Kawhi Leonard style, I could see him getting starts ahead of Tiago by the end, but we still need a good big man who can bang with most centers and spell Tim, so dumping Tiago would be a big mistake. And, of course, if Robinson spends the year in Pop's doghouse, we still have our 3 best guys from last year.

If, by the end of the 2013-14, Robinson has somehow completely supplanted Tiago, it might make sense to put Tiago on the trade block next summer, but typically the market for centers who can do more than fog up a mirror is fairly robust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson is a stud defender and rebounder. Very athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm super high on him, but not so high that I think we should let Tiago walk.

Sacto demonstrated that he can't just walk out onto an NBA court and be effective -- he needs coaching. He should come in here as the 4th or 5th big initially, and have to earn PT as he acclimates. If he comes along really well, I could easily see him taking Boris's spot as the third big man at some point. If he comes along Kawhi Leonard style, I could see him getting starts ahead of Tiago by the end, but we still need a good big man who can bang with most centers and spell Tim, so dumping Tiago would be a big mistake. And, of course, if Robinson spends the year in Pop's doghouse, we still have our 3 best guys from last year.

If, by the end of the 2013-14, Robinson has somehow completely supplanted Tiago, it might make sense to put Tiago on the trade block next summer, but typically the market for centers who can do more than fog up a mirror is fairly robust.
    Tiago is going to eat up a lot of cap space if they sign him so getting him and paying his remaining deal would be tough.. Biggest problem is if this kid does show promise we're still on the hook for Tiago and next year free agency will be like it was when LeBron was on the market, lots of players will be available and that's why teams are making runs to clear cap space. Plus with the new CBA nobody wants to take on that kind of salary. Tiago is a competent defender with true bigs but if they're athletic they can get around him and his offense is probably peaked.

Thread Information