Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these votes don't hurt corporate profits, nor cost Repugs votes.

The VRA Sec 4 vote was the key that augmented, enabled the all-important Repug voter suppression and election chances.

To y'all's straight on the Big Picture, it's ALWAYS about 1% vs 99%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SCALIA ARRESTED TRYING TO BURN DOWN SUPREME COURT

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a shocking end to an illustrious legal career, police arrested Justice Antonin Scalia today as he attempted to set the Supreme Court building ablaze.

Justice Scalia, who had seemed calm and composed during the announcement of two major rulings this morning, was spotted by police minutes later outside the building, carrying a book of matches and a gallon of kerosene.

After police nabbed Justice Scalia and placed him in handcuffs, the Juror appeared “at peace and resigned to his fate,” a police spokesman said.

“He went quietly,” the spokesman said. “He just muttered something like, ‘I don’t want to live in a world like this.’ ”

Back at the Supreme Court, Justice Scalia’s colleagues said they hoped he would get the help he needed, except for Justice Clarence Thomas, who said nothing.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...rowitz%20(146)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these votes don't hurt corporate profits, nor cost Repugs votes.
    This is just the beginning of an all out 'Pug suck up to get the gay vote in 2016, right?
    It's gonna get real entertaining.

Personally i think not only flamers under the same roof but those who live together for practical or other good reasons should be allowed to allocate their federal benies out.
    One should not have to munch same-carpet or pack to get federal benies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just the beginning of an all out 'Pug suck up to get the gay vote in 2016, right?
    It's gonna get real entertaining.

Personally i think not only flamers under the same roof but those who live together for practical or other good reasons should be allowed to allocate their federal benies out.
    One should not have to munch same-carpet or pack to get federal benies.
    the SCOTUS doesn't run for office, so voters can't vote against SCOTUS political hacks.

Repugs in a couple states have already said they will ignore, violate the law they don't agree with, always pandering to the "Christian" authoritarian bubbas.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    interesting dialogue going on in the nation right now. there are alot of folks saying marriage is an outdated ins ution but will turn around and celebrate LGBT marriage.
    I'm celebrating LGBT equality. The marriage part is purely incidental.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It's only a matter of time before a person can have more than one spouse or even marry their pet, and you libs will be asking yourselves: "What the happened?""

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much more closest gay sex much far right wing leaders engage in to prove how dangerous it is to society?!?!?!?!?!
    Are you drunk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In two days, SCOTUS should have effectively fired up the right and the left bases for the mid terms.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It's only a matter of time before a person can have more than one spouse or even marry their pet, and you libs will be asking yourselves: "What the happened?""
    Hey TeyshaBlue, here's another Republican who can't get the thought of bestiality off his mind

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm setting the over/under on how long it takes before you can marry your pet at next Thursday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much gay sex are you going to have to protect marriage?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'm a patriot!"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hey TeyshaBlue, here's another Republican who can't get the thought of bestiality off his mind
    I see what you did there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    37 states still forbid same-sex marriages. guess which color?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like you sobered up.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    btw...one of the best thread les to date.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Craziest Reactions to Today's Marriage Equality Rulings

1. Rand Paul and Glenn Beck worry about Muslims and animals: In a video captured by Buzzfeed’s Andrew Kaczynski, the purportedly libertarian Senator and popular talk show host worry about a host of bizarre “logical” consequences of the moves toward marriage equality, with Beck asking “who are you to say that, if I’m a devout Muslim, I come over here and I have three wives, who are you to say if I’m an American citizen that I can’t have multiple wives?” Paul nodded, saying “people take it to one extension further — does it have to be humans?…I’m kinda with you…we should not just say ‘oh, we’re punting on it, marriage can be anything.”

2. Mike Huckabee channels Jesus’ tearducts: On Twitter, the former Governor and leading GOP Presidential candidate had two words: “ Jesus wept.” He later elaborated, saying that the Supreme Court declared itself “ bigger than God.”

3. Congressmen declare the apocalypse is imminent: At a press conference ThinkProgress watched after the ruling, Rep. Tim Walberg (R-MI) declared that “society itself is at risk and cannot continue.” At the same presser, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) said that same-sex marriage was “usually tried at the end of a great civilization.” Walberg and Gohmert’s comments echoed House Judiciary Chair Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), who had said earlier that “preserving the ins ution of traditional marriage is crucial to the stability of our society.”

4. Ralph Reed sees “Orwellian” threat to federalism, rule of law, and Western civilization: In a press release emailed to ThinkProgress, the influential evangelical activist falsely claimed that there “has never been any attempt by either party to repeal or modify” DOMA, and that the overturning the act was “an Orwellian act of judicial fiat.” He added that the Prop 8 ruling “endangers federalism as well as the most time-honored tradition in the history of Western civilization,” and that “these twin decisions will undermine the already low respect for the federal courts and the rule of law.

5. The National Organization for Marriage suggests the Supreme Court is corrupt and smells bad: The leading anti-marriage equality organization’s press release blamed a conspiracy of “ sexual” and “liberal” lower circuit judges for the Court’s rulings. “There is a stench coming from this case that has now stained the Supreme Court,” said Brian Brown, the organization’s President, in a confusingly mixed metaphor. “They’ve allowed corrupt politicians and judges to betray the voters, rewarding them for their betrayal.” The organization vowed to challenge any efforts by marriage advocates to overturn bans in the states, and looks to have an ally in Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-KS), who announced he would introduce a federal cons utional amendment prohibiting same-sex marriage in response to the court rulings.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...uality-rulings

holy , you right wingers got some great players on your side.

yeah, yeah, they're just bad apples, isolated cases!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Family Group Head In Deep Denial Over DOMA Decision

Tony Perkins, President of the anti-marriage equality group Family Research Council, appeared during a Fox News appearance today to be in full denial of the Supreme Court’s broad ruling on the Defense of Marriage Act.

Perkins repeatedly insisted that the debate over marriage equality “is far from settled.”

In fact, Perkins went so far as to suggest that, “there’s still room in this opinion for the federal government — as we’re looking through this for federal purposes only as it pertains to immigration or maybe in the military — to define marriage as between a man and woman.”

He’s wrong on both counts. Just minutes before he went on Fox, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel released a statement specifying that “the Department of Defense intends to make the same benefits available to all military spouses — regardless of sexual orientation — as soon as possible. That is now the law, and it is the right thing to do.” That includes insurance and the ability to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

etc

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/0...-from-settled/

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    According to Repugs, polygamy, bestiality, and destruction of all diff-sex marriages will follow, just like hyper-inflation followed the stimulus and QE, tax cuts create jobs and pay for themselves, etc, etc.

Do the Repugs, conservatives EVER get anything right?

Just like passing the patriot act was going to eviscerate the 4th amendment and we all know that didn't....oh wait.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like passing the patriot act was going to eviscerate the 4th amendment
    Repug created, OWN the Patriot Act and when did they say that it was going to eviscerate the 4th amendment.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Repug created, OWN the Patriot Act and when did they say that it was going to eviscerate the 4th amendment.
    Yeah...Obama is just leasing the rights to it.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    TBH beastiality is way down the list of priorities right now.

Up next on the gay agenda

ending male/female bathrooms.
    http://bimagazine.org/index.php/news...bathroom-bill/

Stopping biphobia (apparently there are a lot of gays who hate bis, go figure)
    http://www.bisexualindex.org.uk/index.php/Biphobia

http://www.midwestbiactivist.org/2/p...ort-finds.html

Intersex Rights
    http://www.intersexinitiative.org/la...imination.html

And of course fighting the hegemonic power structure that enables it all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...Obama is just leasing the rights to it.
    TB

the Repugs created, sold, passed the Patriot Act.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB

and the big concern was about library records

http://truth-out.org/news/item/17099...ibrary-records

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    TB

lol ing simpleton.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/patri...natevote.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...lls_introduced

The first version of the Patriot Act was introduced into the House on October 2, 2001 as the Provide Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (PATRIOT) Act of 2001, and was later passed by the House as the Uniting and Strengthening America (USA) Act (H.R. 2975) on October 12.[17] This was based on the afore-mentioned Anti-Terrorism Act, but had been changed after negotiations and work between Attorney General Ashcroft, Senators Leahy, Paul Sarbanes (D-MD), Bob Graham, Trent Lott (R-MS) and Orrin Hatch. It was introduced into the Senate as the USA Act of 2001 (S. 1510) by Tom Daschle (D-SD)[18] where Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) proposed a number of amendments, none of which were passed. Feingold amended the provision relating to interception of computer trespasser communications,[19] limited the roving wiretap authority under FISA[20] and modified the provisions relating to access to business records under FISA.[21] The USA Act was later vitiated and indefinitely postponed, because the Senate and House bills could not be reconciled in time.[22]

http://www.justice.gov/archive/ll/highlights.htm
    The USA PATRIOT Act: Preserving Life and Liberty
    (Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism)
    Congress enacted the Patriot Act by overwhelming, bipartisan margins, arming law enforcement with new tools to detect and prevent terrorism: The USA Patriot Act was passed nearly unanimously by the Senate 98-1, and 357-66 in the House, with the support of members from across the political spectrum.

Thread Information