Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Cabreroids still gonna choke in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trout is a good outfielder. But he's not as great as what some people talk him to be. And he's not having a great defensive season.
    And Cabrera is a better fielder then Trout.

Bee aner friendly YouTube provided.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    lol and people just keep pitching to him. 2 run shot on first pitch of game for Miggy. 85 mph fastball down the middle. wth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cabrera is obviously better, 1 ring gots, etc etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ He could be better then Bonds, huh?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It's pretty hard to be better than Miggy when you aren't even an active player.... Trout goes down with a hamstring injury..

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's pretty hard to be better than Miggy when you aren't even an active player.... Trout goes down with a hamstring injury..
    lol david carradine
    lol dying in an intricate masturbation device

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    lol david carradine
    lol dying in an intricate masturbation device

As the Thai media would have you believe. You know abso inglutely nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only is Trouty Trout a non-cheating non-steroid eater who thus prevents and heals from injuries fairly, he's smart too.

Article:
    We’ve seen it all too many times in sports: The overly exuberant young player hustles himself into a crippling injury or exposes himself to long-term wear and tear. The adoration of fans is intoxicating, and thus it is no surprise that young, phenom athletes can fatally push themselves past their bodily limits (i.e. Jeremy Lin). In baseball especially, it is the base-stealing specimen who tend to experience more of these injuries.

Make no mistake Los Angeles Angels fans, Mike Trout hustles. He gives it 100% every time he’s in the field, and he loves stealing bases. But he appears to have maturity well beyond what his 22 years would lead one to believe.

The Los Angeles Times quoted Trout saying, “If it’s sore, I’m not going to push it. I’m a speed guy. I’ve got to take care of my legs.”

If Trout maintains this at ude, it could have huge implications for his career. Given the value he brings to every facet of the game, it would be foolish to risk his health in order to maximize only one area of his game: his speed on the base paths.

Perhaps witnessing the wreckage that fellow outfielder Peter Bourjos made of his body caused Trout to be extra cautious when evaluating his hamstring soreness. Albert Pujols‘ plantar fascia tear, allegedly the result of years of playing through pain, must have also loomed large in Trout’s consciousness.

Finally, his reduced base-stealing numbers this year show that Trout can dial it down when he senses he can. After setting a blistering pace of 49 stolen bases through 139 games last year, Trout has slowed down to 28 bases through 122 games, a more than respectable total.

For all his prowess on the field, Mike Trout’s precocious maturity might give him a “sixth tool” that makes him an even more dangerous player.

Tony Baker is a Los Angeles Angels writer for Rant Sports.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    This is what it's come to for Trout slappies and Angels fans who have nothing else to cheer for. They praise Trout for being a pussy.

Incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real men refuse to temporarily rest so an injury can heal and they are thus able to play more games in the long run. Or just take more steroids to cover up the pain.
    Woops!

Miguel Cabrera injured vs. Twins
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95...-hurt-end-game

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    In the line-up today. Been dealing with an abdominal strain, bad hip flexor, and bruised shin. The games he's missed, they basically had to force him to sit. He's playing through a bunch of injuries.

There are some injuries players simply can't play through. Trout is out with a sore hamstring because he wants to make sure he doesn't make it worse. But then again, he and the Angels don't really have anything to play for this season, now do they?

I have less of an issue with his decision to sit than with an article sucking on his for that decision.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Miggy has been sore for almost 2 months, he just had a streak of 7 or 8 homers in 11 or 12 games. He's a one legged, one hipped crippled monster.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is what it's come to for Trout slappies and Angels fans who have nothing else to cheer for. They praise Trout for being a pussy.

Incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have less of an issue with his decision to sit than with an article sucking on his for that decision.
    So you do or do not view Trout as a pussy for sitting out with a hamstring injury that could be relatively temporary vs continuing to play while risking much more serious injury for those sub .500 bound Skosha Angels?

Was Babe Ruth a pussy in 1922?
    http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/babe-ruth25.htm

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    So you do or do not view Trout as a pussy for sitting out with a hamstring injury that could be relatively temporary vs continuing to play while risking much more serious injury for those sub .500 bound Skosha Angels?

Was Babe Ruth a pussy in 1922?
    http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/babe-ruth25.htm
    I do think Trout is being a pussy because he's sitting himself out for a sore hamstring. If the team forced him to sit out, I wouldn't think anything of it. But nothing in the story on the previous page states the team is forcing him to sit out. In fact, it implies that it's Trout's decision. Yes, a pussy decision. However, I understand why he's being a pussy because the Angels have absolutely nothing to play for right now. Put it to you this way, if the Angels were in the thick of a division race with a chance to make the playoffs, would anyone be writing articles pontificating the virtues of Trout sitting out and possibly costing them a chance for the post season for being "careful" about an injury he can play through? The article was ridiculous to begin with, praising him for sitting out as if he's even a greater player because he's sitting out. It's just dumb.

As for Babe Ruth in 1922, I have no idea why you posted it. 1922 Babe Ruth has exactly zero parallels to Mike Trout sitting out with a sore hamstring. The story says he was suspended at the beginning of the season for barnstorming. I looked it up. Barnstorming was when players went around the country recreating the World Series in small towns to make money. At the time, the league banned that. That's why Ruth was suspended. Babe Ruth didn't take himself out of the line-up. He was suspended by the league, and that's why he went to the box seats before every game while he was suspended. He wasn't taking himself out for a minor injury or for his tonsils. He was suspended, dumbass. The rest of the story talks about how he had problems with umpires and the fans booing and how he couldn't hit the curve ball. What the does that have anything to do with Mike Trout being a pussy with a sore hamstring? Wow, you did all that gravedigging to find a story from 90 years ago that isn't even relevant. Sounds like Babe Ruth was a in 1922. But why on earth did you even post that as if it relates in any kind of way???? You're a ing dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think Trout is being a pussy because he's sitting himself out for a sore hamstring. If the team forced him to sit out, I wouldn't think anything of it. But nothing in the story on the previous page states the team is forcing him to sit out. In fact, it implies that it's Trout's decision. Yes, a pussy decision.
    You've had a hamstring injury yourself?
    And/or you are all knowing about hamstring injuries?

As for Babe Ruth in 1922, I have no idea why you posted it.
    Babe had his tonsils taken out.
    What a pussy.
    You would have never missed games for having your tonsils taken out.

Care to go over the number of stars in MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL who have sat for a hamsting injury?
    You don't know whether it was the team or not who told Trout to sit. You just proclaim Trout did. Spouter.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yes, I have had a hamstring injury before. No, I do not know everything about hamstring injuries.

Babe Ruth got his tonsils taken out WHILE HE WAS SUSPENDED. Again, what does that have anything to do with Trout and his hamstring?? You were a dumbass for linking the article in the first place. You're an even bigger dumbass trying to make it like it's still relevant.

No, I don't care to go over the number athletes who have sat for a hamstring injury.

You and I don't know if it was the team or Trout who decided for him to sit. Yet, you posted yourself about how Trout was being smart, implying even you thought it was Trout's decision to make. The article itself quotes Trout saying, "if it's sore, I'm not going to push it," suggesting it's his call. Even if it was the team's decision, both you and the author of the article are -sucking es for trying to give praise to Trout for sitting on a sore hamstring.

Care to go over the number of fans and sports writers who would suck athlete's s for sitting down with a hamstring problem as if that virtuous decision came down from the heavens proving that athlete was even greater than previous believed?

Oh Kevin Durant just jammed his pinky and he's going to miss a couple games. He's such a smart player.

Andrew Luck just got a charlie horse on his thigh and is sitting the season opener. What an intelligent young man.

Fans and media don't praise players for sitting out with injuries, minor or serious. But Trout fans do. No, sports fans praise players for being tough. They laud Donovon McNabb for playing in a playoff game with a broken foot. They write legends about Michael Jordan and the flu game. Historic sports highlight reels show Kirk Gibson on one leg and Willis Reed re-entering the game.

But Trout fans? Mark Trout fans? They suck his for sitting out a regular season game...

What the is wrong with you?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jamstone going balls deep no vaseline on gs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I don't care to go over the number athletes who have sat for a hamstring injury.
    Next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I have had a hamstring injury before. No, I do not know everything about hamstring injuries.
    Tell us about your legendary toughness while having your hamstring injury.
    Oh this should be good....

"Mono wanted to go down on me, but my hamstring was very sore. Rather then deny him....."

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Praising Trout for sitting out games because of a sore hamstring is just over the top. Let me reference a recent Trout article by some guy on yahoo who is once again sparking a Trout for MVP debate with Miguel Cabrera:

If you were designing the perfect baseball player, Mike Trout is exactly whom you'd come up with. Last year he got a late start on the season and easily took home the Rookie of the Year Award. And this year there is absolutely no sign of any "sop re jinx." Home runs, stolen bases, doubles, walks, great catches and handsome as all heck.
    That's Trout fan logic. That pretty much sums up how a lot of Trout fans are. They think he's great and... he's handsome as all heck. It's not unlike you praising him for being smart enough to sit when he's injured. You know what it's like? Let me draw a few comparisons.

-What do you think of Laker fans when they brag about how Kobe gets a lot of pussy?

-Back in 2009 in the National championship game, Thom Brennaman said, “If you’re fortunate enough to spend five minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it.”

That's what it's like. As if talking about Mike Trout's baseball abilities is not enough. Your ball polishing has to extend to him being "such a smart player" for sitting through an injury. It's ridiculous. It's not even so much about Mike Trout as it is trying to figure out how far you and other Trout slappies will go to deify him. I half expect your next post of Trout to be about how amazing he is for wiping his ass after he s or for eating a sandwich without mayonnaise. Next, on the Mike Trout is god watch, Trout parallel parks his car without hitting the curb...

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Stone Cold JamStone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're mostly strawmanning off.
    However to the point you do make:

Fans and media don't praise players for sitting out with injuries, minor or serious. But Trout fans do. No, sports fans praise players for being tough. They laud Donovon McNabb for playing in a playoff game with a broken foot. They write legends about Michael Jordan and the flu game. Historic sports highlight reels show Kirk Gibson on one leg and Willis Reed re-entering the game.
    Playing thru minor injuries such as above which will not do further damage to said players is one thing. And yes the over drama that the highlight reels regurgitate is gagging.
    Completely different is playing at risk of further injury. Have you seen the studies of how ex NFL players are doing healthwise? Destroying yourself to feed the pockets of some greedy owner or play to some fanboi fantacy of *toughness* is phony bull that should have never come about. Yes the sterotype coach barking like a drill sargent, demeaning everything and everyone goes back to who knows when. It's utter bull .

You've only sited one article about Trout. Yeah even i thought it was a bit over the top but i stand by it's better to sit in his situation then risk blowing much much more.
    As to Cabrera Bonds, i don't think there is much doubt as to whether or not he PEDs. Victor Conte, Bonds ex pusher claims at least 50% of all current MLB players are juicing. FWIW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some injuries players simply can't play through. Trout is out with a sore hamstring because he wants to make sure he doesn't make it worse. But then again, he and the Angels don't really have anything to play for this season, now do they?
    Well well well.....
    Miguel Cabrera out of lineup
    General manager Dave Dombrowski said doctors and trainer Kevin Rand have assured them that Cabrera could not make the injury worse by playing. Dombrowski said Cabrera probably could play on Saturday but the decision was to give him the day off. Detroit began the day with 7½-game lead over second-place Cleveland in the AL Central.

Thread Information