Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dipsticks talking about his epic rookie year as if it were a one and done thing.
    Jumping up and down after he got off to a slow start in 2013 when Dipstick Scioscia forced him into left field after his Gold Glove performance in center.

Well lookie now Trout haters.
    .316 13HR 51 ribs and he keeps going up in the steals dept from 8th to 7th to 6th to....oh lookie 3rd.
    If he doesn't catch Ellsbury that's cool cause Ellsbury is a cool dude too.

Have another cup Trout haters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad his team in blows and he's probably gonna bolt ASAP.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    never doubted Trout, tbh. But guy was clearly not the MVP last year ESPN

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    As of today in 326 AB: .316/.392/.546/.938, 13 HR, 52 RBI, 57 runs, 20 SB

Last year through July in 329 AB: .353/.411/.608/1.019, 18 HR, 55 RBI, 80 runs, 31 SB

I don't think it's so much about hating on Trout. He's obviously a great talent and has a great career to look forward to. I think criticisms and doubts are geared more towards the fact that he'd be unlikely to repeat the type of year he had as a rookie. It was pretty incredible. If he's one of the top 10-15 players in all of MLB, there's nothing wrong with that. Last year, he was one of the top 1-3 players in all of baseball. Those were pretty lofty standards to sustain for the kid. He's come on as of late, but even if he sustains his current pace, it won't measure up to last season. He had a season for the history books. Doubtful he comes close to it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those were pretty lofty standards to sustain for the kid. He's come on as of late, but even if he sustains his current pace, it won't measure up to last season. He had a season for the history books. Doubtful he comes close to it again.
    If he keeps up the pace he will come close. But agree, no way can he match last year. A big "if" to even keep up his June pace, which mirrored last seasons dynamo for much longer this season. If he does finish the year on the current pace, he makes the all time list even at only two years.
    The Angles suck ass team with the Hamilton disaster and Skoshas staple screw ups is also costing him a lot of stats. Things like Runs Scored and RBIs are pretty dependant on help from teamates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't talk bad about my Trouty-Trout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't talk bad about my Trouty-Trout
    Trout with another bomb today, his 15th.
    On pace:
    .300+ 30HRs 100+RBIs 30 stolen bases.
    An off year for Trout.
    He better retire and have you teach him your interweb skillz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he's stuck playing in the Ron Washington era. Maybe if he didn't play with a stacked lineup and pitchers could go around him he would be batting under .280 with a turrible on base percentage. Just shows to go ya.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    He still ain't got on Cabrera...

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    As of today in 326 AB: .316/.392/.546/.938, 13 HR, 52 RBI, 57 runs, 20 SB

Last year through July in 329 AB: .353/.411/.608/1.019, 18 HR, 55 RBI, 80 runs, 31 SB

I don't think it's so much about hating on Trout. He's obviously a great talent and has a great career to look forward to. I think criticisms and doubts are geared more towards the fact that he'd be unlikely to repeat the type of year he had as a rookie. It was pretty incredible. If he's one of the top 10-15 players in all of MLB, there's nothing wrong with that. Last year, he was one of the top 1-3 players in all of baseball. Those were pretty lofty standards to sustain for the kid. He's come on as of late, but even if he sustains his current pace, it won't measure up to last season. He had a season for the history books. Doubtful he comes close to it again.
    Yup it's called a scouting report. They had a whole season of data on him which obviously affects the way opposing pitchers pitch to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still ain't got on Cabrera...
    How does he leap a 30% increase across the board beggining in his 9th and now 10th seasons? Yes he was good before. But the increase is Bondslike.
    An *adjustment* like Oriole Chris?
    or
    Barry Cabrera?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup it's called a scouting report. They had a whole season of data on him which obviously affects the way opposing pitchers pitch to him.
    It's called dumbass Mike Skosha moving him over to left field after his Gold Glove* Center performance his rookie year.
    .261 April his worst month by far. Has since came smokin back.

*I don't know nor care if media re s voted Trout the *official* Gold Glove or not. He won it skill and performance wise.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    How does he leap a 30% increase across the board beggining in his 9th and now 10th seasons? Yes he was good before. But the increase is Bondslike.
    An *adjustment* like Oriole Chris?
    or
    Barry Cabrera?
    Cabrera's numbers haven't jumped as much as you suggest the last two years.

First of all, he's obviously always been a great hitter. He was a career .317 hitter before the last two seasons. He had already hit over .320 in a season 6 times before the last two seasons. He hit .339 as a 23 year old in his third full season. So while hitting .360 is ridiculous, it's not like he went from a career .275 hitter who had never hit over .300 to suddenly hitting .360. And you can look at BABIP to give you some perspective. His BABIP is .375 right now, compared to his career .347. Just as the other seasons he hit for a very high average, he's getting some lucky breaks to help his average.

His strikeout rate is close to his career average, as are his HR/FB ratio and his extra base rate. What does that tell you along with his higher than average BABIP? It tells you that he's hitting the ball about the same as he always has but getting lucky and he's hitting more line drives and flyballs. But the percentage of flyballs/line drives that turn into homeruns is only slightly above his career average. He's just hitting more of them. But he's actually putting the ball in play less than his career average.

His BA and SLG are out of control right now. But it would be way more su ious if his BABIP weren't so high and his HR/FB ratio made a bigger jump. He's putting the ball in play about the same as he always has. He's striking out about the same as he always has. When you go deeper into his numbers, making a Barry Bonds comparison is actually silly. In 2001 when Barry hit 73 HRs, his BABIP was actually lower than his career average so he wasn't getting any lucky hits, his HR rate and his HR/FB ratio were both about twice as high as his career averages up to that point in his career. He went from a 5.5% HR rate to 11%. Basically, he went from a career average of hitting a HR once every 16-17 ABs to once every 6.5 ABs in 2001. His HR/FB ratio went from about 15.5% to 29.7%. So he nearly doubled the amount of HRs he hit when he hit a flyball. Those are fishy numbers. Cabrera's advanced stats don't jump like that.

If Cabrera is juicing, he started juicing at like 21 years of age because while his last two seasons have been unbelievable, his career resume and the advance stats indicate it didn't come out of nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ I did not mean to infer that Cabreras jumped as much as Bonds, but rather the main comparison to me is why all of a sudden after about 10 years did they both have a sizeable increase? I know Bonds may have been more then 10 yrs before his 73 scam. Bear in mind Barroid Bonds hit over .300 like 7 times and smacked 40+ HRs about 5 times before his mega steroid 73 homer year. Otherwise Cabreras increase not as sizeable as Bonds, correct.

Cabraras hits simply finding the gap more often? I'm not buying that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Cabrera is juicing, he started juicing at like 21 years of age because while his last two seasons have been unbelievable, his career resume and the advance stats indicate it didn't come out of nowhere.
    Would not surprise me if 80%+ of all pro athletes as using PEDs.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Look at who is batting behind Cabrera, Fielder, and although Fielder is semi struggling right now with a guy like Fielder behind Cabrera obviously he is going to see a lot more good pitches to hit because Fielder is no slouch. And Cabrera can hit non strikes out of the park as well. He's just that good. If it comes out that hes juicing I will leave Spurstalk forever.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Baseball Tonight@BBTN28 Jul
    Notable players associated with Biogenesis:M.CabreraB.ColonN.CruzJ. PeraltaA.Rodriguez #STLvsATL on ESPN pic.twitter.com/fM4Bhz9bnt

Melky not Miguel

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Ryan Braun was great from Day one. In the minors and even once he got to the majors. He was a beast at every level.

I don't know if Miggy has juiced. No evidence. Wouldn't surprise me due to the history of Latin American stars, but I won't accuse him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    July
    .393 .485 OB%
    4 Bombs
    14 RBIs
    3-1 stolen bases (unbelieveable a few of the situations where numb nutts Skosha has not sent him.)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    July
    .393 .485 OB%
    4 Bombs
    14 RBIs
    3-1 stolen bases (unbelieveable a few of the situations where numb nutts Skosha has not sent him.)
    Quit sucking his , you didn't even get his name right in your last thread, got calling your TroutDoll "Mark Trout"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trouty Trout continuing his pace, blistering August so far with:
    .575 on base
    3 bombs
    14 walks (league leader)
    3rd in batting ave as Steroids Ortiz just jumped ahead into 2nd behind Steroids Cabrera.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trouty Trout continuing his pace, blistering August so far with:
    .575 on base
    3 bombs
    14 walks (league leader)
    3rd in batting ave as Steroids Ortiz just jumped ahead into 2nd behind Steroids Cabrera.
    It's like this that makes people hate Trout and his fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Are you butthurt over this too?

Mike Trout: Ban PED users for life
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95...ped-users-life

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    tbh how do other fans in the LA area view MultiScioscia?

Have the hot seat talks begun yet?

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tbh how do other fans in the LA area view MultiScioscia?

Have the hot seat talks begun yet?
    read the Angels thread and you'll see what we've been saying since the first two weeks. lol

Thread Information