Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praising Trout for sitting out games because of a sore hamstring is just over the top. Let me reference a recent Trout article by some guy on yahoo who is once again sparking a Trout for MVP debate with Miguel Cabrera:

That's Trout fan logic. That pretty much sums up how a lot of Trout fans are. They think he's great and... he's handsome as all heck. It's not unlike you praising him for being smart enough to sit when he's injured. You know what it's like? Let me draw a few comparisons.

-What do you think of Laker fans when they brag about how Kobe gets a lot of pussy?

-Back in 2009 in the National championship game, Thom Brennaman said, “If you’re fortunate enough to spend five minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it.”

That's what it's like. As if talking about Mike Trout's baseball abilities is not enough. Your ball polishing has to extend to him being "such a smart player" for sitting through an injury. It's ridiculous. It's not even so much about Mike Trout as it is trying to figure out how far you and other Trout slappies will go to deify him. I half expect your next post of Trout to be about how amazing he is for wiping his ass after he s or for eating a sandwich without mayonnaise. Next, on the Mike Trout is god watch, Trout parallel parks his car without hitting the curb...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty hard to be better than Miggy when you aren't even an active player.... Trout goes down with a hamstring injury..
    Miggy the last two games?

Trouty Trout today:
    Double
    Triple
    Single
    and when he went for the cycle instead of getting a chance to launch a bomb the Brewers intentionally walked him.
    League leading 82nd walk of the year.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Praising Trout for sitting out games because of a sore hamstring is just over the top. Let me reference a recent Trout article by some guy on yahoo who is once again sparking a Trout for MVP debate with Miguel Cabrera:

That's Trout fan logic. That pretty much sums up how a lot of Trout fans are. They think he's great and... he's handsome as all heck. It's not unlike you praising him for being smart enough to sit when he's injured. You know what it's like? Let me draw a few comparisons.

-What do you think of Laker fans when they brag about how Kobe gets a lot of pussy?

-Back in 2009 in the National championship game, Thom Brennaman said, “If you’re fortunate enough to spend five minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it.”

That's what it's like. As if talking about Mike Trout's baseball abilities is not enough. Your ball polishing has to extend to him being "such a smart player" for sitting through an injury. It's ridiculous. It's not even so much about Mike Trout as it is trying to figure out how far you and other Trout slappies will go to deify him. I half expect your next post of Trout to be about how amazing he is for wiping his ass after he s or for eating a sandwich without mayonnaise. Next, on the Mike Trout is god watch, Trout parallel parks his car without hitting the curb...

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Well well well.....
    Miguel Cabrera out of lineup
    General manager Dave Dombrowski said doctors and trainer Kevin Rand have assured them that Cabrera could not make the injury worse by playing. Dombrowski said Cabrera probably could play on Saturday but the decision was to give him the day off. Detroit began the day with 7½-game lead over second-place Cleveland in the AL Central.
    Incredible.

Miggy wants to play. Leyland and the front office is making him sit. Miggy's being forced to sit. That's the difference. Miggy isn't concerned about saving his body. The management is, which they should be. And this is after about a month of him playing through not just one minor injury, but an abdominal strain, a sore hip flexor, and a bruised up shin. He's been playing through a bunch of injuries and he still wants to be out there playing. There's a pretty big difference from a guy being cleared to play but the manager wants to sit him anyway and a guy who sits himself down because he doesn't want to risk making a minor injury worse. That was my criticism, and as I made it even more clear, my criticism was directed more towards you and the author of the article praising him for his "smarts" to sit down. Where are the articles or the fans who are sucking down Miggy for sitting?

Mike Trout is great. He's an amazing baseball player. However, you and some Trout fans are sucking buckets when it comes to Trout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    A guy who tried to make a comparison between Trout sitting himself with a hamstring issue and Babe Ruth getting his tonsils taken out while suspended and trying to introduce an argument about me having hamstring issues calling me a straw man? Do you know the definition of a straw man argument? Do you even know what it is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a pretty big difference from a guy being cleared to play but the manager wants to sit him anyway and a guy who sits himself down because he doesn't want to risk making a minor injury worse. That was my criticism,..
    Please link me to where Sciosca and Angels management wanted to play Trout but it was Trout and Trout alone who chose to sit.
    Which, even if he did:

Now please list your qualifications of sports injury science Dr. JamStone. Qualifications which allow you to declare Trouts hamstring injury as so minor as to he could and should play, thus being a pussy. Cabreras strained abdomen however as being even worse then Babe Ruths tonsils. All ears.

Detroit, which is 44-27 at home, rested Miguel Cabrera for a second straight game because of a strained abdomen. Leyland said he doesn't know when the banged-up star will be back in the lineup.
    "According to the medical people, that thing can heal while playing," Leyland said.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?id=330901106

and
    Tigers manager Jim Leyland said that Cabrera (abdomen) is absent from Wednesday's lineup because the slugger is feeling "a little sore,"
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 09-05-2013 at 10:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Jamstone delivering his sermon as to how Mike Trout is a pussy for sitting 3 games with a bad hamstring but Miggy is as big and bad as Babe Ruth and Barry Bonds combined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if I were to start a team today I would pick the Detroit guy over trout any day of the week
    trout has no pressure to play well their team stinks and has no chance at playoffs
    can trout perform when it counts in a playoff race time will tell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryce Harper has been playing hurt since April

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/9/5...hurt-nationals

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if I were to start a team today I would pick the Detroit guy over trout any day of the week
    trout has no pressure to play well their team stinks and has no chance at playoffs
    can trout perform when it counts in a playoff race time will tell
    Miggy be hot and cold in his playoff history.
    .276 with 10 HRs and 30 RBIs in 137 at bats is well below his reg season stats.
    Of course he is still a better fielder then Trout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    miggy all all baseball players face the best pitchers in the postseason
    the pitchers do not make as many mistakes in the playoffs therefore all the players batting average dip in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at who is batting behind Cabrera, Fielder, and although Fielder is semi struggling right now with a guy like Fielder behind Cabrera obviously he is going to see a lot more good pitches to hit because Fielder is no slouch. And Cabrera can hit non strikes out of the park as well. He's just that good. If it comes out that hes juicing I will leave Spurstalk forever.
    100% concurage.
    Josh Hamilton behind Trout is definitely costing Trout numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cabrera ting all over Trout, AGAIN.
    Really?

On base %
    .443 to .438 is how close Trout has made it.
    Miggy is currently .179 batting ave for September.

Walks
    99 Tout 1st in AL
    84 Miggy

Runs
    103 Trout 1st in AL
    98 Miggy

HRs
    43 Miggy no contest here
    23 Trout

RBIs
    133 Miggy 1st in AL
    86 Trout gee i wonder who has had more opportunites.

Stolen bases
    32 Trout
    3 Butterball

Then we have fielding. Do you suscribe to Coach Jamstones proclaimation that Miggy is the better fielder?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trout 2013
    5 of 6 main offensive categories he is in the top 10

.323 ave 3rd
    .432 on base 2nd
    27 HRs tied for 14th. Wanted him to hit 30.
    97 RBIs 9th
    109 runs 1st
    33 stolen bases 8th

Needs to improve on strikeouts. A ghastly 136.

Some drop offs from 2012, some increases. All in all one of the best rookie and year 2 seasons ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone is pretty clutch hit a homerun to score first runs in game 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he's stuck playing in the Ron Washington era. Maybe if he didn't play with a stacked lineup and pitchers could go around him he would be batting under .280 with a turrible on base percentage. Just shows to go ya.
    He still ain't got on Cabrera...
    JamStone ting all over the thread
    Cabrera ting all over Trout, AGAIN.
    Cabrera is obviously better, 1 ring gots, etc etc.
    This is what it's come to for Trout slappies and Angels fans who have nothing else to cheer for. They praise Trout for being a pussy.

Incredible.

Congrats to Miggy on his 500th.
    Congrats to ST re s on their assessment of Trout.

Thread Information