Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172
Results 4,276 to 4,292 of 4292
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't want him now after his Eurobasket performance but:

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins
    Hedo remains on the roster, but he and the team have agreed that Hedo won't be with the team when it convenes for camp.

I'd rather have Maggette's corpse than Hedo again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pietrus....

Without a contract into the start of training camp, free agent forward Mickael Pietrus will scour the market over the next few weeks in hopes – and expectation – of a full salary guarantee to sign with an NBA team, a league source told RealGM.

Pietrus has worked out with several teams, including the San Antonio Spurs two weeks ago, and the 31-year-old recently rejected a training camp invitation from a team, a source said.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ree-Agent-Deal

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he reject the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he reject the Spurs?
    Wouldn't shock me. They only have one spot left.

Pietrus cracks me up. I'm not sure if there's a player who overplayed his hand or overestimated his worth the last TWO summers like MP has. He thought he was worth more than minimum last year, yet ended up signing for just that. This year, it seems no one is willing to even offer minimum, guaranteed.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like the kabongo invite. hopefully this spells the end for de colo

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'9" Undrafted forward Wesley Witherspoon, and 6' veteran guard Tre Kelley have received camp invites by the Spurs according to Spurs Nation.
    I'll try to post the link.

Kelley, Witherspoon get camp invites

With training camp set to begin next week, the Spurs have added a couple more more warm bodies to the mix: 6-9 rookie forward Wesley Witherspoon and 6-0 veteran guard Tre Kelley.

Not to go all negative, but with the 15-man roster almost set for this season, they both have about as much chance of making the team as I do. That said, they might catch the team’s eye and earn an apprenticeship in Austin. Indeed, that’s where Kelley played in 2010-11, averaging 9.4 points and 3.4 assists in 11 games.

Among other spots, the former South Carolina standout also had a one-week stop with Miami in 2008 and a brief training camp stint with Memphis in 2010.

Witherspoon went undrafted after averaging 7.2 points and 3.7 rebounds last season at Memphis. It was his second straight season of regression after being pegged as a potential first-round pick following a breakout sop re campaign (12.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 43 3-point %).
    Last edited by xmas1997; 09-28-2013 at 12:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh. Witherspoon again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are last year training camp invites.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are last year training camp invites.

Oops, my bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'9" Undrafted forward Wesley Witherspoon, and 6' veteran guard Tre Kelley have received camp invites by the Spurs according to Spurs Nation.
    I'll try to post the link.

Kelley, Witherspoon get camp invites

With training camp set to begin next week, the Spurs have added a couple more more warm bodies to the mix: 6-9 rookie forward Wesley Witherspoon and 6-0 veteran guard Tre Kelley.

Not to go all negative, but with the 15-man roster almost set for this season, they both have about as much chance of making the team as I do. That said, they might catch the team’s eye and earn an apprenticeship in Austin. Indeed, that’s where Kelley played in 2010-11, averaging 9.4 points and 3.4 assists in 11 games.

Among other spots, the former South Carolina standout also had a one-week stop with Miami in 2008 and a brief training camp stint with Memphis in 2010.

Witherspoon went undrafted after averaging 7.2 points and 3.7 rebounds last season at Memphis. It was his second straight season of regression after being pegged as a potential first-round pick following a breakout sop re campaign (12.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 43 3-point %).
    This is from 2012:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-camp-invites/

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it looked familiar. No wonder.
    I should have looked at the date in tiny letters underneath.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Pietrus rejected the Spurs because they didn't offer him some guarantees. He would have been better than either Maggette or Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Pietrus rejected the Spurs because they didn't offer him some guarantees. He would have been better than either Maggette or Young.
    Report said that Pietrus turned down a training camp invite but didn't specify that it was coming from Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kabongo is an interesting invite.
    i like the kabongo invite. hopefully this spells the end for de colo
    According to the Toronto Star he has been invited to camp.
    And after reading about him, I have to change my opinion and agree he seems to have more upside, play making, passing, and defensive ability than Cojo even though he is shorter by at least an inch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA about 28 minutes ago
    Free agent guard E||iot Williams, a 2010 first-round pick, will go to Cleveland's camp on a non-guaranteed deal, league sources tell Yahoo.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the Toronto Star he has been invited to camp.
    And after reading about him, I have to change my opinion and agree he seems to have more upside, play making, passing, and defensive ability than Cojo even though he is shorter by at least an inch.
    I don't agree on that. Cory is taller, the slightly better athlete and most of all, the better shooter. Kabongo might display better playmaking abilities, but we don't know yet, if this translates to NBA level play. but it would be interesting to see both on the team. (something that won't happen considering Spurs don't have a roster spot open and, even if they had, I can't see them go with two pretty green PGs)

Thread Information