Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol detroit fans butthurt that Davis will win MVP over miggy.
    Miggy is a vegas 2-1 favorite right now, son

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Miggy is a lot more likely to keep up his pace than Davis is with his. I fully expect Davis to hit around or more than 60 HRs though. But I also expect his BA to dip down to like .290 by the end of the season as well. I don't think Miggy will catch him in HRs, but I think Miggy will end up with something like 45-50 HR, 150 RBI, and a .350 average. And that will probably be enough for him to win back-to-back MVPs.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    uh nope... Cabrera didn't suddenly explode and became the best hitter in the league
    He's from Latin America. The majority of elite hitters from that part of the world have juiced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks for baseball players nowadays that we all just assume a good season equals cheating.
    Fool me once....

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The key is moderation. And also to have fun with it. Life is too short to be serious all the time. I call it the "fun juice."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So MLB was *considering* giving ARod 50+50.
    50 for juicing
    50 for obstucting info.

Of which Braun did both in spades.
    Yet he gets only the last 65 games in playoffless Brewer season.

Barroid Bonds and Roger Lemons both skate in court.

joke.

Gotta feel bad for the 5% (or less?) who do not juice. Practice your whole life to be good at your craft only to be cheated out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the break hitting .205 with 20 strikeouts and no homers

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's always had this potential, apparently the Rangers' hitting coaches just all suck ass.
    There's nothing in the advanced statistics to indicate that Davis is suddenly benefitting from increased power as a result of steroids. He's just playing more and making contact more.
    I actually think he's clean and he's just having some crazy year where everything is working for him. His average has already started to slide over the past month, so he'll start coming back down to earth as far as BA goes. And his strikeouts are still very high as you'd expect. He's just hitting the crap out of the ball when he does make contact. And it doesn't hurt where he plays. Cambden and at least 3 of the other 4 AL East stadiums are pretty homerun friendly, especially for a power lefty bat. He has well over 100 games in those 4 ballparks. Robbie Cano has had the same fortune over his career. Same with Papi. Davis has naturally tremendous power, and he's in a good situation and on a team and in a home ballpark that really helps. I just think it's one of those years for the guy, and perhaps the type of season he'll never come close to again in his career.

But to suggest there are no advanced stats that suggest something funky is going on is ridiculous. Pretty much everything about his stats suggest something su ious. 200 points higher slugging percentage than his career average. Nearly 300 points higher OPS than his career average. The homerun rate nearly doubling his career average. As of the all stra break, he's hitting a HR every 9.3 ABs. The only guys in the history of baseball to have a better homerun rate for a season are Babe Ruth, Jim Thome, and accused and/or alleged dopers Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa. His homerun per fly ball ratio about 2/3 higher than his career average (but that is what I pointed to when I talked about the ballparks in the AL East). But more interesting than those numbers is that his BABIP and line drive rate are right in line with the rest of his career, which suggests he's not just getting lucky. It's not like he's getting way more lucky bounces or he's hitting way more line drives fielders can't get to. It's not luck. If it's not luck based on what he's done in his career, it looks even more su ious.

So even though I personally have a hunch that he's clean, there's no way you can look at his numbers (standard or advanced) and say there doesn't at least "appear" to be something fishy going on.
    lol irishock
    lol heath ledger
    lol detroit fans butthurt that Davis will win MVP over miggy.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Give Miggy his ing b2b triple crowns

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Amphetamines aren't steroids.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Give Miggy his ing b2b triple crowns
    Triple Crown
    Judging players on batting average, home runs and RBIs in 2014

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Adderall is also used as a performance and cognitive enhancer" P-E-D.

Chris Davis is a cheater and a hypocrite and a pussy and an assholePERIOD
    Last edited by AlexJones; 09-12-2014 at 11:19 AM.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adderall for fking what?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Better focus and concentration at the plate.

Thread Information