Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland police chief brags to right-wing radio host that cops ‘kicked the butts’ of anti-racist protesters

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/por...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relatives outraged after police use Taser on 87-year-old grandmother

Martha Al-Bishara was held at gunpoint before being stunned.

Martha Al-Bishara was cutting plants with a kitchen knife in Chatsworth, north of Georgia, last Friday, when she went to a wooded area near a Boys and Girls Club.

An employee then called 911 to report an elderly woman walking around with a knife who wouldn’t obey requests to leave the property.

The caller said the woman appeared to be gathering vegetation and that she didn’t seem to be a threat,
    CNN reported.

“There’s a lady walking on the bike trails, she has a knife and she won’t leave,” the caller told 911.

“She told me she doesn’t speak English, and she’s walking up the trail with a knife towards me.”

they drew their guns on her before using a Taser to bring her to the ground.

Al-Bishara is from
    Syria originally, and

like the 911 caller, relatives said she does not speak English.

The 87-year-old was charged with trespass and obstructing and officer, (JeBo/Miller gonna deport this criminal)

it was the lowest use of force we could have used to simply stop that threat at the time. And I know everyone is going to say, ‘An 87-year-old woman? How big a threat can she be?’ She still had a knife.”

https://thinkprogress.org/relatives-...-e08a1adc7656/

police are ing bullies, sadists, chicken s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland police chief brags to right-wing radio host that cops ‘kicked the butts’ of anti-racist protesters

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/por...e+Raw+Story%29

Black female police chief brags about kicking antifa (white rich kids) ass? I love it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law enforcement is one of sickest, perverted, criminal American ins utions, and psychopaths know it, and enlist to satisfy their psychopathic whims.

'Shocked and humiliated': Lawsuits accuse Customs, Border officers of invasive searches of minors, women

From New York to San Diego, government pays thousands to settle allegations of stripping, body cavity probing, forced hospital procedures

“Don’t you think you’re spending too much money traveling?” Lovell, 34, recalls him asking.

What allegedly happened next is outlined in a harrowing civil lawsuit Lovell filled in March in federal court. And the assertions aren’t unique, based on

allegations in similar suits filed not just in New York but also in California, Arizona, Texas, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Inside a secure room, Lovell’s litigation asserts, one of the female officers searched Lovell’s belongings, presumably for illegal drugs, and

asked Lovell if she were using a tampon or sanitary pad.

The question upset her, but she replied “no” and complied when told to remove her shoes, lift her arms and spread her legs.

As the other female officer observed, hand on her firearm, the suit says, the first touched Lovell from “from head to toe,” before ordering her to squat.

The officer squeezed Lovell’s breasts “hard,” and

allegedly “placed her right hand into her [Lovell’s] pants ‘forcibly’ inserting four gloved fingers into plaintiff’s vagina”

before parting Lovell’s buttocks with her hand “for viewing.”

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2018/08/19/21864/shocked-and-humiliated-lawsuits-accuse-customs-border-officers-invasive-searches

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muslim American woman sues US border cops: Gimme back my seized iPhone's data!

Legal action seeks info copied during airport search

An American woman is suing the US government's Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection to get the data border agents copied from her phone.

Rejhane Lazoja said that when she landed at Newark Liberty International Airport on February 26 after a nine-hour transatlantic flight,

she was subjected to a secondary screening by CBP agents who, over the course of the inspection, seized her iPhone 6S Plus.

While the phone was returned to Lazoja in July, her attorneys want to know what data was copied.

Believing the search to have been illegal, she is now suing the CBP to have any copied data from the phone returned to her as personal property.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...border_patrol/

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Black female police chief brags about kicking antifa (white rich kids) ass? I love it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Prison Phone Service Caught Recording Privileged Conversations And Passing Them On To Law Enforcement

another prison phone company has been caught recording privileged conversations and turning them over to law enforcement.

An Orange County Sheriff’s Department employee revealed this week during a court hearing that the department improperly recorded more than 1,000 privileged phone calls between county jail inmates and their attorneys over a three-year period.

An employee with Global Tel Link Corp., a contractor that oversees the jail phone system, wrote in a July 27 letter to Sheriff Sandra Hutchens — obtained by the Daily Pilot on Thursday — that

an update in the company’s system in January 2015 caused “a technical error”

that led to 1,079 such phone calls being recorded, in violation of state law.”

In violation of state law. It violates a lot of things, not just state law.

But that's OK, state law enforcement was there to make sure laws were enforced.

Senior Deputy District Atty. Cynthia Nichols, the prosecutor in Waring’s case, became aware of the issue during Boston’s testimony Monday in Orange County Superior Court.

Nichols asked him during the hearing whether the Sheriff’s Department has made any effort to contact the district attorney or defense attorneys whose phone numbers and client communications were compromised.

“Not to my knowledge,” [director of inmate services Greg] Boston responded.

The law was broken and no one on the law enforcement side did anything to fix it.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...orcement.shtml

LE is polluted with lawlessness

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five Arizona police cleared in viral beating of unarmed man

Five Arizona police officers who were shown on camera pummelling an unarmed man last May will not face any charges, authorities have announced.

<video>

The beating of the 33-year-old man by Mesa Police Department officers was legally justified, investigators from another police force determined.

Video shows Mr Johnson being hit repeatedly in the face and body.

"no criminal charges are warranted against the involved officers as the use of force was legally authorised and
    justified under Arizona State Law".

"The video flatly contradicts the self-serving accounts of the police officers involved.

"The use of government violence against co-operating citizens, who have committed no crime and who pose no threat, is a crime without justification or legal authorisation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45323939

Violent American unending, unwinnable wars, special ops overseas mirrored by extreme official state violence at home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas cop gets community service for destroying woman’s eyeballs with pepper spray because she ‘annoyed’ him

A former Texas police officer was sentenced to community service after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge related to the blinding of a woman he arrested for drunken driving.

Enoch “Jeremy” Clark pleaded guilty this month to one count of assault by a public officer, and felony use-of-force charge was dismissed was dismissed as part of a plea agreement,

Hernandez and her family settled the case for $18.5 million in 2014.

Prosecutors said Clark, a Beaumont police officer at the time, became “annoyed” when 32-year-old Monique Hernandez resisted his attempts to place her in handcuffs during a Feb. 21, 2012, arrest.

Clark fired a JPX pepper-spray gun about 10 inches from the woman’s face —

which sliced her right eyeball in half,

fractured her right orbital bone, and

severed the optic nerve in her left eye

— and prosecutors said Hernandez had done nothing to justify the gunpowder-powered device.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/tex...e+Raw+Story%29

https://www.amazon.com/JPX-Pepper-Spray-Standard-holster/dp/B06XVKKTC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535548844&sr=8-1&keywords=jpx+pepper+gun
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-29-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida girl yanked out of class and humiliated after teacher caught glimpse of her sports bra strap

A 12-year-old Florida girl was removed from class and humiliated after school officials determined she violated the dress code by wearing a sports bra.

Christine Barnhill was called Aug. 23 to R. Dan Nolan Middle School in Lakewood Ranch to bring new clothing for her daughter, who was placed in a “holding room” until she arrived, reported the Bradenton Herald.

“I saw a couple of girls walk out of the bathroom with new shirts on and then hand their moms the clothes, and the moms putting them in these plastic bags and leaving,”

Principal Scot Boice explained the dress code prohibits visible bra straps, even for a brief moment.

“He started rattling off these examples of

reaching for something in the lunchroom,

bending down to get a book,

slinging a backpack over their shoulders, and

then if an undergarment shows, that’s a violation,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/flo...rts-bra-strap/

American schools thinking that K-12 should be run like military or prisons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an error of youth

A South Carolina cop set his ex-girlfriend’s house on fire — with her kids inside of it

Dylan Ellis, 22, was charged with four counts of attempted murder and arson.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/sou...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    five of nine Llano,Texas officers indicted for abuse of power and misconduct:

Asked if there was a climate of corruption within the department, City Manager Scott Edmonson replied, "Uh, no."
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/08/28/l...abuse-of-power

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch D.L. Hughley talk about being stopped by cops at age 8 — they called him the N-word and threatened to kill him

“I’m coming from school, getting a free lunch in the summer, and

the police pull up and they pull to me and my friend and they’re asking us questions about a cat that lived in my neighborhood and they’re like ‘Where is he?’ and we’re like ‘We don’t know.’

And they’re like ‘Put your hands on the car,’ and I’m like ‘sir this car is hot.’

And he said ‘N*gger, if you take your hands off this car I’m goin to blow your heard off.’

Now, eight years old.

Flash to, you know, a couple weeks ago, when a young kid in Chicago is handcuffed and peeing on himself.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/wat...reatened-kill/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three months later, the killing of Claudia Gómez by Border Patrol remains shrouded in secrecy

Border Patrol leadership at first claimed that Gómez González and a group others ambushed a lone agent with “blunt objects” in the Rio Bravo area of Texas last May.

But, this was a lie.

Marta Martinez, a resident who live streamed the arrests of men who were with the young woman,
    disputed Border Patrol’s claims from start, saying that she believed the young woman was hiding from Border Patrol, not attacking.

The agency not only ended up dropping any mention of her attacking the agent with “blunt objects” from a follow-up statement,

it also cancelled a planned press conference on her killing. Gómez González was just 20 years old.

Other unpublished footage shot by Martinez and turned over to the FBI seems to back up her claims that it was Gómez González who was the victim.

“For one, several agents are visible, though whether they arrived before or after the shooting isn’t apparent,”
    Buzzfeed, which got to view the footage, reported.

“For another, Claudia’s body is in the bushes near the fence that separates the empty lot from Martínez’s. Martínez thinks Claudia probably was hiding.”

The Guardian reported this past May that the government has, over a decade,

paid out more than $60m in legal settlements where border agents were involved in deaths, driving injuries, alleged assaults and wrongful detention.”

In fact, the U.S. has paid more than $9 million to the families of at least 20 people who died at the hands of border agents since 2003.

We know about those incidents because of paper trails, but a shroud of secrecy continues to hang over Gómez González’s death.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1792425

less white men murdering unarmed young brown women, yep, what's the problem?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-04-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Court Shuts Down Feds' Attempt To Expand The 'Border Search' Exception To Cover Inland GPS Monitoring

At the heart of it is a GPS tracking device.

The government installed it on a truck driven by suspected drug smugglers when it crossed the Canadian border into the US.

It then used that device to track the truck as it traveled down to California.

The resulting bust only uncovered some bags of sugar, but a previous stop of the same truck had turned up 194 kilos of cocaine.

The government argued it didn't need a warrant because it placed the device on the truck at the Canadian border. This would be the "border exception" to the Fourth Amendment -- one carved out by the courts which allows all kinds of warrantless searches to be performed in the name of border security.

But the judge doesn't buy this attempt to salvage ill-gotten evidence. The government cites a number of cases involving searches of vehicles performed at the border -- some more invasive than others -- where warrants weren't needed. The court finds these citations unavailing because they don't actually address what happened here: the placement of a GPS device at the border which was subsequently used to track a vehicle as it traveled far beyond the Canadian border.

The Court doubts that an analysis dependent on the physical aspects of the search is appropriate here where the search extends beyond the initial installation of the device.

And, having taken the Jones decision into account, the court definitely isn't going to allow the government to effectively expand the border search exception to cover searches performed well within the nation's borders.

[T]his Court is hesitant to mechanically apply the border search doctrine where the search stretches far beyond the conduct at the border to create a "precise comprehensive record of a person's movements." [...] Ultimately, the Court concludes the placement of a GPS device on a vehicle at the border, combined with the subsequent tracking of data over a prolonged period away from it, cannot be justified by the border search exception.

Wait, says the government, what about the extended border search doctrine, where we can perform warrantless searches so long as someone or something came across the border recently and we think something criminal is going on?

The court says continuous monitoring isn't the same thing as a search dependent on two separate, but linked, predicates.

This was a search that began at the border and never stopped.

While the initial placement of the GPS devices on Defendants' truck occurred at the border, the subsequent monitoring of the data over the almost 48 hours cons utes a continuous search…

[I[t is this unceasing search over that period that precludes application of the extended border search doctrine.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...nitoring.shtml

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    members of Baltimore PD's Gun Trace Task Force were ordered to keep throw down guns:

Last week, the beginning of an explosive corruption trial involving eight members of Baltimore's elite Gun Trace Task Force revealed that a handful of Baltimore cops allegedly kept fake guns in their patrol cars to plant on innocent people—a failsafe they could use if they happened to shoot an unarmed suspect, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Detective Maurice Ward, who's already pleaded guilty to corruption charges, testified that he and his partners were told to carry the replicas and BB guns "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them." The directive allegedly came from the team's sergeant, Wayne Jenkins, the Washington Post reports.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...-reveals-vgtrn

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California police uphold few complaints of officer misconduct and investigations stay secret

Angry that she had been falsely accused of a drug crime, Tatiana Lopez filed a complaint against a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy who had arrested her on su ion of possessing methamphetamine.

But when Lopez met with a sheriff’s lieutenant to discuss her accusation, he urged her to drop her complaint, she said.

After a preliminary investigation, the Sheriff’s Department ruled the deputy had done nothing wrong, without giving her any explanation.

It would take years of legal battles before a judge exonerated Lopez and a new

internal investigation led the department to fire the deputy for lying about her arrest.

Lopez is one of nearly 200,000 members of the public who filed a complaint against California law enforcement officers in the last decade. Her initial complaint ended the way most did — with police rejecting it without saying why.

California Department of Justice shows law enforcement agencies across

the state upheld 8.4% of complaints filed by members of the public from 2008 to 2017.

In a state with some of the strictest police privacy laws in the country,

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...s=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hole Oklahoma News

US: Devastating Impact of Jailing Mothers

Even Short Stays in Jail Can Cause Permanent Harm to Families

Mothers in jail are being torn from their families and losing contact with their children even before they have been convicted of a crime,

jailing mothers even for short periods of time can result in overwhelming debt and loss of child custody.

the harms experienced by women with minor children jailed pretrial in Oklahoma – which incarcerates more women per capita than any other state.

“Every day they are jailed, they are missing out on their children’s lives, and many have limited means of remaining in contact.

This creates enormous pressure to plead guilty, even if they are wrongly charged.”

An estimated 80 percent of women in jails in the
    United States are mothers with minor children and

are more likely to be single parents or provide primary care to their children than jailed fathers.

When moms are incarcerated, their children are more likely to end up in foster care.

“Jail stays can snowball into long-term family separation as moms struggle to overcome obstacles to regain custody of their children and get back on their feet.”

Women are the fastest growing correctional population nationwide.

Local jails are a major driver of that growth. The number of women in jail has increased from approximately 8,000 in 1970 to 110,000 in 2014.

And over the past 15 years, 99 percent of jail growth has been a product of pretrial incarceration.

Women may have more trouble affording bail than men because of higher poverty levels and the gender pay gap.

Oklahoma also imposes significant costs on criminal defendants and upon conviction, often

including a bill for time spent in jail,

any medical expenses incurred during that time,

fines,

fees, and

court costs,

supervision fees and

other costs associated with probation or rehabilitation, and

significant costs to reinstate drivers’ licenses if their license is suspended or revoked.

When attempting to regain custody of children in the state’s care,

costs can also ac ulate for psychological evaluations,

mandated drug testing, and

child support,

placing poor parents at a significant disadvantage when attempting to reunite with their children.

Many told us the obstacles seemed insurmountable.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/09/26/us-devastating-impact-jailing-mothers

AmeriKKKa The ing Ugly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ten Years After Not One High-Level Banker Sent to Jail for Tanking Global Economy,

This Man Gets 20 Years in Prison for Stealing Cigarettes

This is America.

Ten years after the behavior of over-leveraged and

fraudulent banks created a global financial disaster that resulted in hundreds of billions of dollars in losses;

a multi-trillion bailout using public money;

and millions of people losing their homes to foreclosure,

but saw not one high-level financial executive go to jail,

a man in Florida has been sentenced to a 20-year prison term for stealing $600 worth of cigarettes from a local convenience store.

"Robert Spellman, 48, received the lengthy sentence after a jury in Pensacola convicted him of burglary and grand theft last month."

He went into the Circle K in the 200 block of West Cervantes Street and took 10 cartons of cigarettes from a locked manager's office in the stock room.

He was found nearby, matched a description of the suspect, was wearing the same clothing and had the cigarettes, according to the State Attorney's Office.

Spellman had 14 felony and 31 misdemeanor convictions prior to this charge, so his 20-year sentence qualifies him as a habitual felony offender.

While the average carton contains 200 cigarettes, that means Spellman will now serve approximately 3.65 days in prison for each of the 2,000 cigarettes he allegedly stole.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...onomy-man-gets

$6M to confine him for 20 years, and we know the Fed won't print money to pay for it. Hard taxpayer $ will pay using $6M from safety net.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deputies Made Jokes About a Veteran Thrashing in His Cell Before He Died

Two years ago, a man died of an apparent drug overdose after being held at the Clackamas County Jail in Oregon City, Ore.

This week, video emerged in which sheriff’s deputies could be heard laughing as the man thrashed uncontrollably

in a padded cell before he died. They joked that he could be used as a cautionary example to warn students about the dangers of drugs.

“Should we just take him and put him in front of the classroom?” asked one of the officials.

“If you could just wheel him in a cage and wheel him back out,” said another.

“Look what I brought for show and tell today,” one deputy said while laughing.

The one holding the cellphone could be heard saying: “I wish we could show this to his girlfriend like, ‘You love this?’”

He was then taken to a high-security padded cell.

The video was recorded by one of

several deputies who, at one point, stood outside of the cell looking in as

Mr. Perry moaned, yelled, flailed his limbs and somersaulted off his padded bed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/06/us/bryan-perry-army-veteran-overdose.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PFjlPNdI0A

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    L.A. County watchdog investigating team of deputies that stopped thousands of innocent Latinos on 5 Freeway

The move comes after The Times reported that nearly 70% of drivers stopped from 2012 through last year were Latino and that two-thirds of them had their vehicles searched — a rate far higher than motorists of other racial and ethnic groups.

Sheriff Jim McDonnell said he was proud of the team’s work, which includes confiscating 3,500 pounds of drugs and rescuing six victims of human trafficking.

The Times analyzed data from every traffic stop recorded by the team from 2012 through the end of last year — more than 9,000 stops in all — and found that Latino drivers accounted for 69% of the deputies’ stops.

Though two-thirds of Latino drivers who were pulled over had their vehicles searched, cars belonging to all other drivers were searched less than half the time.

Deputies found drugs or other illegal items in the vehicles of Latino motorists at a rate that was not significantly higher than that of black or white drivers,

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...s=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AmeriKKKa is one, bit stinkin asshole

Screened at U.S. border, Canadians who are honest about using marijuana could be banned from the U.S.

Bill Powers flipped through the sworn statement he gave to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the printed pages taking him back to that August afternoon — back to the border checkpoint into Washington state where agents asked if he had ever smoked marijuana.

Yes, he answered, not initially thinking much of the question.

The 57-year-old Canadian has a license for medical marijuana, and pot had been legal in Washington for six years.

Like that, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents turned him away with an extreme decree:

He had been banned from the United States.

With Canada set to legalize recreational marijuana nationwide on Wednesday — only the second country to do so, following Uruguay — many Canadians, especially those who live near the border, face growing anxiety over what to say if U.S. customs agents ask them if they’ve ever consumed marijuana.

Lying to a border agent can result in a person being denied entry. But so too can being honest about past marijuana use.

While nearly every state along the U.S.-Canada border has legalized marijuana, at least for medical use,

ports of entry fall under federal jurisdiction, meaning cannabis is still viewed as a Schedule I drug — just like heroin.

U.S. border agents — who have broad discretion in what questions they ask people seeking entry — can

turn away noncitizens who acknowledge having used a controlled substance, ever.

“Business is booming as Canadians are being turned away for simply admitting to taking a drag of a joint 20 years ago. It’s that silly,” Saunders said.

“They’re being penalized for honesty. No one wants to lie to a border agent.”

His clients often face a pricey workaround, Saunders said.

They can apply for a waiver — about $600 in addition to legal fees

— that grants entry into the U.S. for up to five years.

The individual must carry the waiver at all times when in America.

The process must be repeated when it’s time to renew.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-c...s=mcnewsletter

Repug AmeriKKKa is such hole

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over 100 drug warrants served by Little Rock Police Department were illegal

According to the Washington Post, since 2016 the police department has raided homes with illegal warrants

Roderick Talley was awakened at 6:30 a.m. to a giant boom and his door flying toward him.

The LRPD had set an explosive on his door to serve a no-knock warrant claiming he had drugs.

He was confused, and the door had landed on him when it was blown off of its hinges.

It took him several seconds to understand what was happening.

The police didn’t find much.

They claimed the officers discovered a “green leafy substance” on his living room floor and in his car.

Officers claimed they found enough marijuana to charge Talley with a misdemeanor.

However, the so-called informant said he purchased cocaine from Talley.

They said that they found three digital scales, but Talley said he only owned one and it was broken.

Having a digital scale isn’t illegal unless they find it with drugs.

For owning the broken scale, Talley was charged with possessing an “instrument of a crime.”

They also claimed that they found plastic bags.

Talley said he uses them to pack his lunch, but the police claim it’s about drugs.

They finally claimed “paperwork” was found, which Talley said he has no idea what they mean.

When officers discovered Talley had security cameras, one ordered the video footage be played up so they could watch it.

While Talley was handcuffed,

the cops laughed at the video showing the raid and remarked about what they’d just put Talley through.

“That was worth coming to work for,” one officer said.

When they said they found enough pot to charge him with a crime, he asked if he could come to the station later.

“I can’t let you do that,” one said. “We have to take you to county in cuffs.”

“I got the impression that since they had just done this big raid and scared all of my neighbors, they felt like they had to bring out someone in handcuffs to make it all worthwhile,”

“According to policing and Fourth Amendment experts,

these interviews and warrants show that the LRPD narcotics cops and SWAT teams are

routinely violating the Fourth Amendment rights of Little Rock residents.

They’re also putting people at unnecessary risk.

And there’s strong evidence that, in some cases, officers have made demonstrably false statements under oath.”

Most don’t turn up anything or what they find is a small amount of pot or a few prescription drugs that may not be legal.

Most aren’t charged with a crime, but they’re left with “shattered doors, broken windows, floors scorched by flash grenades, and plenty of trauma.”

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/15/ove...legal_partner/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Prison, Discipline Comes Down Hardest On Women

Cosby was playing Scrabble in her cell once when a guard asked what she was doing.

She responded sarcastically: "What does it look like I'm doing?" He wrote her up for "contraband" (the Scrabble set) and for "insolence."

Williams got written up once when her cellmate, who had diabetes, passed out and Williams cursed at the officer she thought was too slow to help.

Colon got a disciplinary ticket for "reckless eye-balling." She had made a face when a corrections officer gave her an order. She says she ended up in solitary confinement as a result.

"You could get a ticket for anything," Colon said.

Especially, it turns out, if you're a woman.

Across the country,

women in prison are disciplined at higher rates than men — often two to three times more often,

and sometimes more — for smaller infractions of prison rules.

In 13 of the 15 states we analyzed, women get in trouble at higher rates than men.

The discrepancies are highest for more minor infractions of prison rules.

In California, according to our data analysis, women get more than twice the disciplinary tickets for what's called "disrespect."

In Vermont, women are more than three times as likely as men to get in trouble for "derogatory comments" about a corrections officer or another inmate.

In Rhode Island, women get more than three times the tickets for "disobedience."

And in Iowa, female prisoners were nearly three times as likely as men to get in trouble for the violation of being "disruptive."

In Idaho and Rhode Island, for instance, women are more likely than men to end up in solitary confinement for violations like disobedience.

Women can lose "good conduct credits" that would shorten an inmate's sentence, causing them to spend more time behind bars. In California, between January 2016 and February 2018,

women had the equivalent of 1,483 years added to their sentences through good-credit revocations,

and at a higher rate than for male prisoners, according to the data we collected.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/15/64787...on-women?sc=tw

More evidence that American LE attracts sickos, maybe converts originally healthy, good-faith people into sickos, wife beaters, sadists, murderers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How This Red State's Cruel Meth Laws Are Putting Women Behind Bars in Record Numbers

In South Dakota, testing positive for drugs is a felony.

South Dakota has a methamphetamine problem. But it's becoming increasingly evident that South Dakota also has a problem with the way it deals with meth.

Because of its strict drug laws, the state is seeing a dramatic e in women being sent to prison for meth.

According to a
    new report[3] from the non-profit news organization South Dakota News Watch,

the number of women in prison in the state has jumped 35 percent since 2013,

while the male prison population has increased at only one-quarter of that rate.

Nearly two-thirds of all women prisoners in the state are there for non-violent drug offenses.

The state now has the fourth-highest incarceration rate for women in the country, trailing only

Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Kentucky. Misogynist, racist Repug states!

Overall, about one-third of all inmates in the state are doing time for drug-related offenses, the majority of them for simple drug possession.

The state has not moved toward the defelonization of drug possession, as at least 16 other states[4] have. Instead, it has moved in the opposite direction.

South Dakota has mandatory sentencing laws that include prison not only for the manufacture and distribution of meth but also for simple possession.

Criminalizing addiction, especially among women who are mothers, Kraemingk said, creates

a situation where the children are more likely to end up in prison themselves.

He pointed to national studies showing that

up to 80 percent of children who have parents behind bars will end up there themselves.

https://www.alternet.org/print/drugs/how-red-state-south-dakota-cruel-meth-laws-women-behind-bars-record

By race White Black AIAN* Asian NHPI*
    2000 (total population) 90.36% 0.90% 9.06% 0.80% 0.07%
    2000 (Hispanic only) 1.21% 0.04% 0.24% 0.02% 0.01%
    2005 (total population) 89.64% 1.17% 9.43% 0.92% 0.06%
    2005 (Hispanic only) 1.83% 0.07% 0.23% 0.02% 0.00%
    Growth 2000–05 (total population) 1.98% 33.36% 7.02% 17.99% -9.87%
    Growth 2000–05 (non-Hispanic only) 1.25% 31.10% 7.20% 18.58% -5.69%
    Growth 2000–05 (Hispanic only) 55.60% 78.64% 0.17% -6.21% -41.54%
    * AIAN is American Indian or Alaskan Native; NHPI is Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...f_South_Dakota

Thread Information