Page 109 of 150 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DHS wants to expand airport face recognition scans to include US citizens

Homeland Security wants to expand facial recognition checks for travelers arriving to and departing from the U.S. to also include citizens, which had previously been exempt from the mandatory checks.

In
    a filing, the department has proposed that all travelers, and not just foreign nationals or visitors, will have to complete a facial recognition check before they are allowed to enter the U.S., but also to leave the country.

Facial recognition for departing flights has increased in recent years as part of Homeland Security’s efforts to catch visitors and travelers who overstay their visas.

The department, whose responsibility is to protect the border and control immigration, has a deadline of 2021 to roll out facial recognition scanners to the largest 20 airports in the United States, despite facing a rash of
    technical challenges.

But although there may not always be a clear way to opt-out of facial recognition at the airport, U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents — also known as green card holders — have been
    exempt from these checks, the existing rules say.

Now, the proposed rule change to include citizens has drawn ire from one of the largest civil liberties groups in the country.

“Time and again, the government told the public and members of Congress that U.S. citizens would not be required to submit to this intrusive surveillance technology as a condition of traveling,”

https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/02/homeland-security-face-recognition-airport-citizens/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trigger happy cops got a UPS driver and an innocent bystander killed during police chase in Miami.

Last edited by Trill Clinton; 12-06-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A DNA Firm That Caters to Police Just Bought a Genealogy Site

In 2018, GEDmatch played a key role in reopening the 40-year-old Golden State Killer case.

Now a company that serves law enforcement is gobbling it up.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-dna-firm-that-caters-to-police-just-bought-a-genealogy-site/

Information is power, and all power is abused.

The above is accelerating as the police amass massive information and power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 years.
    179 arrests.
    No white defendants.
    DEA tactics face scrutiny in New York.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...559_story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Court Grants Immunity to Guards Who Kept Naked Inmate in Cell Covered with ‘Massive Amounts of Feces’

A federal appeals court on Friday affirmed a lower court’s ruling in favor of several prison guards who

forced an inmate to sleep naked on the floor of a prison cell that

was covered in human waste and raw sewage, reasoning that the

conditions did not violate the inmate’s “clearly established” Eight Amendment rights.

John T. Montford Unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Montford) violated his Eight Amendment rights by forcing him to live for nearly a week in utterly squalid conditions.

According to the complaint, which the officials did not dispute, in September of 2013,

Taylor was stripped naked and

forced to stay in a cell where “almost the entire surface—

including the floor, ceiling, window, walls, and water faucet

was covered with ‘massive amounts’ of feces.”

couldn’t drink any water because feces were “packed inside the water faucet.”

Taylor was moved to a “seclusion cell” that didn’t have a toilet, water fountain, or bed, but did have a drain in the floor where he was told to urinate.

Taylor alleged that the floor drain was clogged, leaving raw sewage on the floor. The drain smelled strongly of ammonia,

THE COURT’S REASONING

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals of course!

granted summary judgment for the guards, finding that while Taylor’s Eight Amendment rights were violated,

the guards were en led to qualified immunity because

the guards didn’t have “fair warning” that “their specific actions were uncons utional.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...unts-of-feces/

Trent Michael Taylor was VERY lucky to have such lenient treatment, he's white!

https://www.texastribune.org/library...aylor/1200611/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kansas Police Chief:

Officer Fabricated Story About McDonald’s Employee Writing ‘ ing Pig’ on Coffee Cup

"McDonald’s have the utmost respect for all members of law enforcement and the military and were troubled by the accusation made.

We thoroughly reviewed our security video from every angle,

which clearly shows the words were not written by one of our employees."

concluded no McDonald’s employees were involved and that

the whole thing was “completely and solely fabricated by a Herington police officer who is no longer employed with our agency.”

“This is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/kansas-police-chief-officer-fabricated-story-about-mcdonalds-employee-writing-fcking-pig-on-coffee-cup/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida Woman Tased by Police Three Times in Her Own Home on 70th Birthday

A sheriff’s deputy in Florida used a stun gun on a woman on her 70th birthday after she refused to let them inside her home to look for her grandson. Barbara Pinkney of Bradenton, in Manatee County, was then arrested for

felony battery on a law enforcement officer and obstructing justice.

Manatee County Sheriff’s Office said they were there to serve an arrest warrant to Tevin Turner.

Pinkney’s grandson was wanted for carrying a concealed firearm. (same sheriff's treatment for white guys )

Pinkney said her grandson didn’t live there and refused to let the officers inside without a search warrant,

but the officers explained they didn’t need one because they had an arrest warrant.

. An officer tased the woman three times,

including twice using the stun gun directly against her body rather than firing probes.

One officer then used his knee to hold the 70-year-old grandmother to the ground.

The confrontation was filmed by Pinkney’s granddaughter-in-law, Elizabeth Francisco.

<font size="3"><span style="font-family: arial">

The sheriff’s office wrote in an affidavit that Turner may have been inside the house but escaped amid the “chaos.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-birthday.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Investigators blow up barista anti-cop conspiracy: it was fabricated by a cop.

Remember the cop who put out an APB on the missing bite of his sandwich? Also McDonald's related:

https://wtkr.com/2019/07/29/officer-...ers-of-eating/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Entire West Virginia Correctional Officer Class Fired Following Investigation Into Nazi Salute Photo

“Hail Byrd!” referring to the trainees’ instructor Karrie Byrd,

who claimed in the investigation that

she was not familiar with the “historical or racial implications of the gesture” and

that it was “simply a greeting.”

after conducting over 50 interviews, investigators determined that

she “encouraged it,

reveled in it, and at times

reciprocated the gesture” and

“assured the cadets the behavior was acceptable.”

One employee said that Byrd claimed the practice came about “because I’m a hard-ass like Hitler.”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/west-virginia-c-o-class-fired-after-nazi-salute-photo.html

Why in SICK and so-called Christian America is all such training, indoctrination, sport team and school hazing, based on power games of brutality, sadism, denigration?

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-31-2019 at 10:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Entire West Virginia Correctional Officer Class Fired Following Investigation Into Nazi Salute Photo

“Hail Byrd!” referring to the trainees’ instructor Karrie Byrd,

who claimed in the investigation that

she was not familiar with the “historical or racial implications of the gesture” and

that it was “simply a greeting.”

after conducting over 50 interviews, investigators determined that

she “encouraged it,

reveled in it, and at times

reciprocated the gesture” and

“assured the cadets the behavior was acceptable.”

One employee said that Byrd claimed the practice came about “because I’m a hard-ass like Hitler.”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/west-virginia-c-o-class-fired-after-nazi-salute-photo.html

Why in SICK and so-called Christian America is all such training, indoctrination, sport team and school hazing, based on power games of brutality, sadism, denigration?

They weren't being racist. They were just playing the Hi game!

Anyways, why blur these cowards faces out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To protect the guilty, as we do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uh...because it's possible that a lot of them didn't know what the they were doing. Even though it's now most associated with Hitler, it's a salute that's been used for centuries.
    And even those that knew the Nazi tie in were likely doing it as a joke. Would be pretty unfair imo to subject them to the harassment that would surely follow if they were exposed.
    Anyway, it's probably not hard to find out who they are if someone really wanted to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LAPD officer accused of fondling dead woman’s breasts is arrested and charged

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-12-12/lapd-officer-accused-of-fondling-dead-womans-breasts-arrested-charged

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traffic stop ends in black man shot in head and killed by Texas police

Michael Dean “did not carry, exhibit, or use a deadly weapon”

Carmen DeCruz, shot Dean in what investigators said was
    the result of a “traffic stop/evading."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/1/2/1909050/-Traffic-stop-ends-in-black-man-shot-in-head-and-killed-by-Texas-police

“traffic stop/evading." is a crime (by blacks, esp young ones) that is punishable by immediate death

the so-called investigation, no witnesses except DeCruz, will drag on for a long time, so everybody but blacks forget about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is offended these days. What a bunch of pussies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is offended these days. What a bunch of pussies.
    Your continual whining about the whining of others makes you just as big a pussy, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A police officer fatally shot a service dog over a bite the department now admits never happened

https://www.washingtonpost.com/newsletter/science/2020/01/11/police-officer-fatally-shot-service-dog-over-bite-department-now-admits-never-happened/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your continual whining about the whining of others makes you just as big a pussy, tbh.
    That's poor, self-serving reasoning. I am not offended by you being a pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^still whining

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAPD fecal sandwich incident recirculates online, with new calls for officer's termination

A 2016 case involving a local police officer allegedly

attempting to give a homeless man a sandwich containing dog feces

has recirculated, sparking new conversations online about the state of policing in San Antonio.

The outrage surrounding bike patrol officer Matthew Luckhurst is that he "got his job back," as U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro tweeted on Sunday, after being fired in October 2016.

"Police unions too often stand by bad officers regardless of how bad they’ve acted. It severely undermines public trust," Castro said

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Conversation-on-SAPD-officer-who-allegedly-served-14971653.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202001 13&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gov't puts non-violent climate activists on list with neo-Nazis

Climate Direct Action members who shut off tar sands pipeline operations in an act of civil disobedience in October 2016, were called "suspected environmental rights extremists" by DHS.

equal treatment of climate campaigners and violent racists was called "highly misleading"

"There is little evidence that environmentalists have engaged in the types of deadly violence that would meet the statutory definition of domestic terrorism, as codified by Congress,"

federal government's apparent effort to "criminalize and suppress dissent."

Foster, who turned a valve in North Dakota, spent six months in jail and is now serving probation.

During his trial, prosecutors
    compared Foster to the Unabomber and the 9/11 attackers.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1911366

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once a sadistic, brutal slave state, always a sadistic, brutal slave state

Mississippi Supreme Court upholds

12-year sentence for father of 3 who had cell phone in jail

convicted of violating a Mississippi statute of illegal possession of contraband while incarcerated.

On Aug. 23, 2018, Mississippi judge Mark Sheldon Duncan sentenced Willie Nash to 12 years in prison.

He said that Nash should “consider himself fortunate,” for not receiving a maximum 15 years in prison …

for possessing a cell phone in jail.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1911259

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once a sadistic, brutal slave state, always a sadistic, brutal slave state

Mississippi Supreme Court upholds

12-year sentence for father of 3 who had cell phone in jail

convicted of violating a Mississippi statute of illegal possession of contraband while incarcerated.

On Aug. 23, 2018, Mississippi judge Mark Sheldon Duncan sentenced Willie Nash to 12 years in prison.

He said that Nash should “consider himself fortunate,” for not receiving a maximum 15 years in prison …

for possessing a cell phone in jail.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1911259

That's incredibly ed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's incredibly ed up.
    the article refers to a 1972 code that mentions cell phones. I will let you figure that one out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the article refers to a 1972 code that mentions cell phones. I will let you figure that one out.
    Are you disputing the article? Why don't you tell me what you're getting at.
    My guess is the code was introduced in 1972 and was amended over time.
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 01-14-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Thread Information