Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even when ignorant cops don't know the laws they are enforce, or make up aws, they are protected, and right-wing SCOTUS says " the 4th Amendment"

Supreme Court Upholds Auto Stop With No Traffic Violation

http://truth-out.org/news/item/28652...ffic-violation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turn it around

If the police chief had been white and shot 4 times by a black guy, would the black guy have walked free? no.
    the truth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DEA cameras tracking hundreds of millions of car journeys across the US

A U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration program to keep tabs on cars close to the U.S.-Mexican border has been gradually expanded nationwide and is regularly used by other law enforcement agencies in their hunt for suspects.

The extent of the system, which is said to contain hundreds of millions of records on motorists and their journeys, was disclosed in do ents obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union as part of a Freedom of Information Act request. Much of the information disclosed to the ACLU was undated, making it difficult to understand the growth of the network, which is different from the cameras used to collect traffic tolls on expressways.

One of the undated do ents said more than 100 cameras had been deployed in at least California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, Georgia, and New Jersey. The cameras snap each vehicle that passes, recording its license plate, the direction of travel and the time. Some cameras also snap a picture of the driver and passengers.

It was set up in 2008 and was opened to other law enforcement agencies in May 2009. Two years after it was launched, the system helped the DEA seize 98 kilograms of cocaine, 8,336 kilograms of marijuana and collect US$866,380. Its use was also expanded to the hunt for cars being driven by suspects in child abductions, rapes and other crimes.

But it’s unclear if there is any court oversight of the network. The ACLU said thatany federal, state or local law enforcement agent that had been vetted by the DEA could conduct queries on the database.

http://www.itworld.com/article/28759...day_2015-01-27

"
    98 kilograms of cocaine, 8,336 kilograms of marijuana and collect US$866,380." iow, ALMOST NOTHING compared to the size of the market, but it gives the cops an invasive tool to play with,and I figure corrupt cops do illegal searches when paid enough by PIs, divorce lawyers, companies, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No jail for former CHP officer who shared explicit photos of suspects

A former California Highway Patrol officer was sentenced to probation Tuesday for sharing racy photographs he took from the cellphones of women who were in custody.

Sean D. Harrington, 35, pleaded no contest to two felony counts of unauthorized access to a computer and copying of data.

Harrington was sentenced to three years of probation and six months of jail time, but Contra Costa County Superior Court Judge Terri Mockler suspended his incarceration term. Harrington must also complete 27 hours of violence prevention training.

On Aug. 29, Harrington searched another woman’s phone while she was in jail for a DUI arrest and sent revealing photos to his phone. After reviewing her iPad, which was linked to her iPhone, she found out about the breach.

Harrington forwarded the photos to two colleagues, prosecutors said.

Harrington's sharing of explicit photos rocked the state agency, especially after he told prosecutors that such unauthorized access of suspects' phones was widespread.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...127-story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unarmed 17 year old mentally ill GIRL, shot dead. hi def video

Surveillance Video Raises Questions About 17-Year-Old Girl Fatally Shot By Cops At Police Station

Derr fired at Coignard three times and Bagley, who had been on the scene less than five seconds, fired twice.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...oignard-video/

... and the NRA/GOA went wild!

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-29-2015 at 09:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unarmed 17 year old mentally ill GIRL, shot dead. hi def video

Surveillance Video Raises Questions About 17-Year-Old Girl Fatally Shot By Cops At Police Station

Derr fired at Coignard three times and Bagley, who had been on the scene less than five seconds, fired twice.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/iceman-gervin-i-dont-feel-klay-broke-my-record?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

... and the NRA/GOA went wild!

why did you link the George Gervin/Klay Thompson article

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chief sorry cops unleashed police dogs to maul woman’s leg while officers held her down

olice chief in Virginia said on Thursday that his officers had used “unreasonable” force when they allowed police dogs to attack an Army reservist who attends Norfolk State University.
    Whitney Dunn told Potomac Local that her cousin, 21-year-old Private London Colvin, was attending an off-campus party on Sunday morning when a fight occurred at around 2:15 a.m.
    “She was at a party off campus. She said that a fight broke out, and she had nothing to do with the fight. She did say she was at the party, and her and her friends were leaving,” Dunn explained. “She was definitely being loud – she did admit to that.”

“The two other police officers approached her – asked her to stop. Whatever the case may be, they had her down on the ground when the dog came. Two of the police officers restrained her on the ground, and then they allowed the dogs to attack her.”

so the canine officer deployed the dog to restrain the woman so nobody would get hurt,” Cops ALWAYS worried about people getting hurt!

uncensored photos to Potomac Local which showed
    at least one large piece of flesh missing from her leg.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/c...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch: Seattle Cop Pepper-Sprays Teacher Directly in Face For Walking Too Close

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...er1031124&t=12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch: Seattle Cop Pepper-Sprays Teacher Directly in Face For Walking Too Close

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...er1031124&t=12
    can we get Eric Holder on this case? its a racially motivated crime, going after an Armenian teacher and all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYPD Commissioner Invokes #BlackLivesMatter Protests to Justify New "Anti-Terrorism" Unit

New York Police Department commissioner Bill Bratton on Thursday unveiled plans for a new "anti-terrorism strike force" that would designate 350 officers to respond to special emergencies—including public protests—with a new wave of machine guns, long rifles, advanced technology, and "extra protective gear."

Bratton said the Strategic Response Group would handle "disorder control and counterterrorism protection capabilities" and is "designed for dealing with events like our recent protests, or incidents like Mumbai or what just happened in Paris."

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...terrorism-unit

so in militarized police think, freedom to assemble, civic demonstrations are to be militarily policed, better yet, crushed violently, as terrorism

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops Arrest Public Defender For Attempting To Do Her Job

from the you-have-too-many-rights,-brother.-let-me-ease-your-burden-by-taking-a-few.dept

Due process? In this "justice" system? It is to LOL.

A San Francisco deputy public defender was handcuffed and arrested at the Hall of Justice after she objected to city police officers questioning her client outside a courtroom…

They wanted to take pictures and ask questions without the "interference" of someone who knew how the system works. So, they arrested her for resisting arrest -- which, as the video shows, she was very clearly NOT DOINGBEFORE, AFTER OR DURING THE ARREST.

Tillotson objected to the arrest, but she placed her hands behind her back and allowed police to cuff her. She never struggled or otherwise impeded the officers in their duty -- which was [WARNING: circular reasoning ahead] TO ARREST HER FOR RESISTING ARREST.

It's a mindbending, oxymoronic, ugly display of force, where might = right and anyone standing in the way of an investigation needs to GTFO. With cuffs.

Here's how Gideon at A Public Defender sums up this incident:
    It’s one thing for officers to get their way by removing civilians from the scene who object to their searches and seizures, but it takes quite another level of totalitarianism and disregard for the law to arrest and make absent an officer of the court.

Even the law prof [Is it impossible to get quotes from actual lawyers with "in the trenches" experience? Are there really that few of them?] quoted by SFGate -- who believes Tillotson erred by inserting herself between police and their "person of interest" -- had this to say about the PD's actions.
    [Hadar Aviram] added, “Regardless of where the cons utional disposition is, the attorney was in no way being violent or resisting arrest or being disruptive in any way. It’s extreme and it’s bad press for (the police). I’m surprised.”https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-her-job.shtml

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Mexico prosecutor refuses to indict cops after grand jury calls shooting ‘unjustified’

According to dash cam video, Mendez can be seen putting the stolen SUV into reverse, hitting the officer’s cruiser, before speeding away.

As the SUV pulls away, Fonte can be seen shooting at the car’s tires as DeBaca shoots at the driver.

Mendez and his passengers, including a 4-year-old child, were taken into custody in a parking lot a short distance away.

Police authorities stated that Mendez has a criminal history and was believed to be armed, but no weapon was found in the vehicle.

Hicks, who was appointed to handle the case by District Attorney Angela “Spence” Pacheco,
    dismissed the grand jury’s finding saying,

“A reasonable person in the same cir stances would be in fear of death or great bodily harm to himself or others and might use deadly force.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/n...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^and that was a special prosecutor, not a local one who works with the cops. the police will probably lose in the civil court though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/27991792/...fairfax-police

"Newly released investigative records show a man who was fatally shot by a Fairfax County police officer in the doorway of his home in 2013 had his hands up and was unarmed.
    Fairfax County released more than 11,000 pages of do ents on the shooting Friday night under court order. The records reveal John Greer told police that he didn't want anyone to be shot and that he didn't want to die.

According to the records, one officer was trying to ease Greer through the standoff when Officer Adam D. Torres shot and killed Greer from 17 feet away.

Torres told investigators he saw Greer move his hands to his waist and thought he might be reaching for a weapon. But three other officers and a lieutenant contradicted that account."

Shot an unarmed man from almost 20 feet with his hands raised, then lied about it. Only to be contradicted by 4 other cops. A well deserved payed vacation in that cops future, for his bravery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/27991792/...fairfax-police

"Newly released investigative records show a man who was fatally shot by a Fairfax County police officer in the doorway of his home in 2013 had his hands up and was unarmed.
    Fairfax County released more than 11,000 pages of do ents on the shooting Friday night under court order. The records reveal John Greer told police that he didn't want anyone to be shot and that he didn't want to die.

According to the records, one officer was trying to ease Greer through the standoff when Officer Adam D. Torres shot and killed Greer from 17 feet away.

Torres told investigators he saw Greer move his hands to his waist and thought he might be reaching for a weapon. But three other officers and a lieutenant contradicted that account."

Shot an unarmed man from almost 20 feet with his hands raised, then lied about it. Only to be contradicted by 4 other cops. A well deserved payed vacation in that cops future, for his bravery.
    Good to see those other cops had integrity though. We always hear about "pigs always back up pigs" but they did the right thing.

This shooting was surely racially motivated though. Hispanic officer Torres shooting the white Greer. Sickening racism tbh, I hope Holder gets on the case

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "pigs always back up pigs"

blind squirrel event in Virginia.

I expect the Blue Wall/prosecutor will give him a few weeks of paid vacation (administrative leave) and he'll be back, locked and loaded, primed to murder again.

What's different here is the police negotiator was negotiating a white man, who, had he been black, would have seen a SWAT invasion, flash-bang grenades, and shot 100 times, no questions asked, just another ho-hum, "faith-based" murder of an unarmed black man.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-01-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas school suspends 9-year-old for making ‘terroristic threats’ with magic ‘Hobbit’ ring

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/texas-school-suspends-9-year-old-for-making-terroristic-threats-with-a-magic-hobbit-ring/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

better safe than sorry!

zero tolerance means nobody has to think or judge, everybody's safely a CYA zero tolerance automaton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    checc out this badass. cop draws gun on kids having a snowball fight. yes, a cop pointed his weapon at children who were playin in the snow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    checc out this badass. cop draws gun on kids having a snowball fight. yes, a cop pointed his weapon at children who were playin in the snow.

Kid had the hands up don't shoot sign. Stunned he wasn't shot in the back of the head and then labeled a thug

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see those other cops had integrity though. We always hear about "pigs always back up pigs" but they did the right thing.

This shooting was surely racially motivated though. Hispanic officer Torres shooting the white Greer. Sickening racism tbh, I hope Holder gets on the case
    I'll give the 4 other cops that, but this is ridiculous. As far as I can tell, Torres is roaming free 18 months after the shooting and has yet to be indicted on murder charges.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida cops hold 11-year-old girl at gunpoint while responding to burglary call at her home

Two Florida police officers are accused of forcing an 11-year-old girl to the ground at gunpoint after responding to a burglary call at her home.

The child was watching television in bed when the officers let themselves into her family’s Groveland home with their weapons drawn after the burglary alarm was accidentally activated, reported WFTV-TV.

She said one of the officers pushed her to the ground and held here there with his knee while the other officer pointed his gun at her.

“I was very scared and didn’t know what to do,” she said.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/florida-cops-hold-11-year-old-girl-at-gunpoint-while-responding-to-burglary-call-at-her-home/

It's seems like if you want to be/are a cop, you're self-defined as a bullying, less, murderous, trigger-happy sicko.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago-area cop acquitted in beanbag gun death of World War Two vet

A Chicago-area police officer was acquitted on Wednesday of charges of reckless conduct stemming from the fatal beanbag gun shooting of a 95-year-old World War Two veteran in a nursing home,

had not used excessive force

Wrana was shot with five beanbag rounds at a distance of five to six feet, and he died shortly afterward,

leaving him alone to cool down was not an option.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...e=domesticNews

old people, vets, kids, mentally ill, esp blacks, cops IMMEDIATELY escalate to shooting them dead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago-area cop acquitted in beanbag gun death of World War Two vet

A Chicago-area police officer was acquitted on Wednesday of charges of reckless conduct stemming from the fatal beanbag gun shooting of a 95-year-old World War Two veteran in a nursing home,

had not used excessive force

Wrana was shot with five beanbag rounds at a distance of five to six feet, and he died shortly afterward,

leaving him alone to cool down was not an option.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...e=domesticNews

old people, vets, kids, mentally ill, esp blacks, cops IMMEDIATELY escalate to shooting them dead

so you mean this cop was racist? i mean it's possible. it was a black cop shooting a white WW2 vet.

brb emailing eric holder to get on the case

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    criminalizing Cons utionally protected dissent and freedom of assembly

Anti-oil sands activists in the U.S. are getting visits from the FBI

Unexpected visitors have been dropping in on anti-oil activists in the United States — knocking on doors, calling, texting, contacting family members.
    The visitors are federal agents.

Opponents of Canadian oil say they’ve been contacted by FBI investigators in several states following their involvement in protests that delayed northbound shipments of equipment to Canada’s oilsands.

A lawyer working with the protesters says he’s personally aware of a dozen people having been contacted in the northwestern U.S. and says the actual number is probably higher.

Larry Hildes says it’s been happening the last few months in Washington State, Oregon and Idaho. He says one person got a visit at work, after having already refused to answer questions.

“They appear to be interested in actions around the tarsands and the Keystone XL pipeline,” Hildes said in an interview.

“It’s always the same line:
    ‘We’re not doing criminal investigations, you’re not accused of any crime. But we’re trying to learn more about the movement.“’

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle22851903/

"We FBI dudes are INTIMIDATING your hippy asses"

Thread Information