Page 112 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3728
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston police fired 31 rounds in 3 seconds, killing man after wild chase from hospital, lawsuit claims
    Juston Root, a 41-year-old with a long history of mental illness,

had led police on a wild chase to Brookline on Feb. 7

after brandishing a replica semi-automatic gun at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

Officers swarmed the scene at a shopping center on Route 9.

One raised his foot,

kicked Root over and,

in unison with the other officers,

took aim at him and

fired 31 rounds in three seconds,

https://bostonglobe.us11.list-manage...c&e=3ae3948659

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'What did I do?':

Cops surround Black Lives Matter activist on su ion of using megaphone

A Black activist at the forefront of New York’s Black Lives Matter protests was met with police helicopters, police dogs, and banging at the front door of his Manhattan apartment Friday

Protesters had shown up to advocate for Derrick Ingram amid the dozens of responding officers, some in tactical gear, employed to arrest the 28-year-old man.

Police spokeswoman Jessica McRorie told The New York Times the offense Ingram was guilty of was yelling in an officer's ear

with a megaphone,

which police deemed assault.

Ingram turned himself in Saturday on a charge of second-degree assault stemming from a protest on June 14.

The prosecutor, however, agreed to have the charge reduced to misdemeanor assault,

“Our office does not condone the extraordinary tactics employed by police on Friday,”

“These actions were disproportionate to the alleged offense that occurred two months ago, and unjustifiably escalated conflict between law enforcement and

the communities we serve.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1968072

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-10-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The incredible saga of Baltimore's worst gang:

an elite police squad gone bad

Imagine the fall of a major gang in an American city.

A notorious gang,

convicted of robbing drug dealers and then selling their drugs,

along with racketeering,

extortion,

dressing as a mailman to robbing citizens,

stealing tips from strippers minutes after they left the pole and

various other crimes that caused people to die

that gang was the Gun Trace Task Force,

made up of numerous celebrated police officers, including

Evodio Hendrix,
    Maurice Ward,
    Daniel Hersl,
    Marcus Taylor,
    Wayne Jenkins,
    Thomas Allers,
    Jemell Rayam and
    Momodu Gondo.

These guys used their badges to rob and pillage for years,

while receiving praise and rewards from Baltimore City's highest officials.

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/10/the...quad-gone-bad/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the unregulated, unaccountable police state in special needs schools

===============

All Lives Matter crew con uously silent after (WHITE) 8-year-old handcuffed at school

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Boston police union head ordered held on $100,000 bail on multiple charges of assaulting young girl

Patrick M. Rose, a former president of the Boston Police Patrolmen’s Association, is facing charges that

he sexually assaulted a girl when she was 7 to 12 years old,

according to a police report filed in court.

-- Boston Globe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AmeriKKKa's Finest

Cop caught fondling dead woman;

‘some are even sexually victimized after their deaths,’ lawyer says

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/12/1968658/-LAPD-officer-s-own-body-cam-caught-him-fondling-dead-woman-s-body-family-sues?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police officers set dog on black man and say ‘good boy, good boy’ as it bites his leg

The 36-year-old, who was dressed in a white vest and dark trousers, was visibly startled by the officers’ arrival, and one of them shouted at him: “Get on the ground or you’re going to get bit.”

A dog was heard barking as Mr Ryans responded to the officers and told them: “I’m just going to work” while they shone torches into his eyes.

The officers then rushed into Mr Ryans’s back garden, as one of them claimed that he was trying to escape by
    climbing over the fence.

After being asked to get on the floor,

the 36-year-old knelt down and put his hands in the air, but the officers kept threatening to have the dog bite him if he did not comply.

Although the footage showed that Mr Ryans complied with their order,

the officers ordered the dog, named Tuco, to attack him.

They told Tuco to “hit” Mr Ryans and

the dog attacked his leg, as he asked the officers to “stop” and shouted: “I’m on the ground, why are you biting me?”

The officers then appeared to encourage the dog to continue, and

Tuco bit Mr Ryans again, who screamed out in pain.

They praised the dog and said “good boy” repeatedly as Mr Ryans shouted:

“Why are you doing this?” and asked: “What did I do?”

https://news.yahoo.com/police-officers-set-dog-black-170803956.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State Police lost

thousands of e-mails related to trooper overtime fraud case

The lack of evidence could put the prosecution of the high-profile criminal case in jeopardy.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/...ews:newsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Georgia State Trooper Charged With Murder After Fatal Traffic Stop Shooting of Black Man

"Don't I look stupid in this silly hat?"

A Georgia state trooper was fired and charged with murder Friday a week after he shot a 60-year-old man who allegedly tried to flee a rural traffic stop,

the slaying of Julian Edward Roosevelt Lewis

another chilling example of a Black man being killed unlawfully by a white law enforcement officer.

the trooper initiated the traffic stop over a burned-out tail light and

Lewis was shot almost immediately after the trooper forced his car into a ditch.

“Mr. Lewis never got out of the vehicle and the investigation will show that, mere seconds after the crash, he was shot to death, shot in the face and killed,”

the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which arrested 27-year-old Jacob Gordon Thompson on charges of felony murder and aggravated assault Friday.

The agency did not include those details in its own statement on Thompson’s arrest.

https://time.com/5879794/georgia-cop...ing-black-man/

It's Georgia, "the only good knitter is a dead knitter"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Secret Service Paid to Get Americans' Location Data Without a Warrant

A newly released do ent shows the U.S. Secret Service went through a controversial social media surveillance company to purchase the location information on American’s movements, no warrant necessary.

Babel Street is a shadowy organization that offers a product called

Locate X that is reportedly used to gather anonymized location data from a host of popular apps that users have unwittingly installed on their phones.

When we say “unwittingly,” we mean that not everyone is aware that

random innocuous apps are often bundling and anonymizing their data to be sold off to the highest bidder.

Protocol reported that U.S. Customs and Border Protection had a contract to use Locate X and that sources inside the secretive company described the system’s capabilities as

allowing a user “to draw a digital fence around an address or area,

pinpoint mobile devices that were within that area, and

see where else those devices have traveled,

going back months.”

https://gizmodo.com/secret-service-b...ign=2020-08-18

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    birds Of A Feather Flock Together: ICE Signs $274,000 Contract With Clearview

ICE continues to not care what anyone thinks of it.

Its tactics over the past few years have turned it into one of the federal government's most infamous monsters,

thanks to its

separation of families,

caging of children,

unfettered surveillance of undo ented immigrants,

its
    fake university sting created to punish students trying to remain in the country legally,

its sudden rescinding of COVID-related distance learning guidelines solely for the purpose of
    punishing students trying to remain in the country legally… well, you get the picture.

Perhaps it's fitting ICE is buying tech from a company that
    appears unconcerned that most of the public hates it. Clearview -- the facial recognition software that matches uploaded facial images with billions of images scraped from the open web -- is one of the latest additions to ICE's surveillance tech arsenal.

That its new partner is
    being sued in multiple states (including a suit filed by the Vermont Attorney General) doesn't appear to concern ICE

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20200817/09173945127/ birds-feather-flock-together-ice-signs-274000-contract-with-clearview.shtml

Militarized, tech-enabled, snooping police state is unstoppable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defund the police. Oakland sheriff's dept bodycam confirms they LIED. Mind you the chief has seen this footage and still went on with his deputy's lie that Ujiri started the encounter. Cops like this cost their citizens millions of dollars every year but as long as they uphold the values of white supremacy they don't mind paying the price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tyrant cop unlawfully arrests a man for walking down the street

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defund the police. Oakland sheriff's dept bodycam confirms they LIED. Mind you the chief has seen this footage and still went on with his deputy's lie that Ujiri started the encounter. Cops like this cost their citizens millions of dollars every year but as long as they uphold the values of white supremacy they don't mind paying the price.

How did they think this story would work with literally hundreds of video and cell cameras recording every angle?

The deputy already has a conviction for insurance fraud on his record. Stupid hill to die on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virginia state senator, NAACP leaders charged with felony 'injury' to Confederate statue

he arrest of Virginia's Senate president pro tempore is raising su ions from the state's top Democrats.

Louise Lucas, the legislature's top ranking Democrat, who represents Portsmouth, was charged with felony "injury to a monument" and conspiracy Monday, as were the city's NAACP president and vice president, a school board member, and four others. The charges stemmed from a June protest where protesters tore down a statue of a Confederate soldier, though it's unclear if Lucas played a role in taking it down, per local station WAVY.

The timing of the arrest raised questions from Virginia House Rep. Lee Carter (D), given that the state legislature was set to reconvene this week for a special session on criminal justice reform. Virginia's cons ution bars the arrest of General Assembly members during or 15 days before their sessions, except for "treason, felony, or breach of the peace."

If you're wondering why they dug up an obscure crime like "conspiracy to commit injury to a monument," it's because they need a felony to arrest a Senator within 15 days of a session.

It's not supposed to stick. The purpose is to prevent her from voting to rein in the cops. https://t.co/RRNHq4EDIo

— Lee J. Carter (@carterforva) August 17, 2020

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) echoed Carter's su ion.

If you're wondering why they dug up an obscure crime like "conspiracy to commit injury to a monument," it's because they need a felony to arrest a Senator within 15 days of a session.

It's not supposed to stick. The purpose is to prevent her from voting to rein in the cops. https://t.co/RRNHq4EDIo

— Lee J. Carter (@carterforva) August 17, 2020

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) echoed Carter's su ion.

------------------------------------------------------

https://news.yahoo.com/virginia-stat...234716449.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State Police lieutenant, a top earner, retires amid internal probe into paid detail violation

'Did I shortcut the process? I did, but there was nothing unethical intended,' he said

Paid detail shifts are supposed to be assigned first to troopers who have worked the fewest detail hours in the previous five weeks.

The shifts pay $50 per hour.

Lombardi made $297,252 last year,

the fourth-highest pay total in the department,

including $38,885 in overtime pay and

$112,321 in detail and “other” pay.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/18/metro/state-police-lieutenant-top-earner-retires-amid-internal-probe-into-paid-detail-violation/?p1=HP_Feed_ContentQuery

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her Former Colleagues Called In a “Wellness Check.” Then Police Shot Her to Death.

The killing of Sandy Guardiola at the hands of a cop illustrates the limitations of brutal, armed police responding to community needs.

a police officer was sent to their mother’s apartment in Canandaigua, New York, to carry out a wellness check on October 4.

Neither of them had been called, although they were listed as her emergency contacts at work.

All they know is that

Scott Kadien of the Canandaigua Police Department entered Guardiola’s home

without her permission and

shot her three times while she was in her bed.

She died in the hospital that afternoon.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/22/...t%20Newsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TILTING AT WINDMILLS:

THE FBI CHASED IMAGINED ECO-ACTIVIST ENEMIES

At the wind energy industry’s behest,

the FBI and
    DHS gamed out attacks against targets that they acknowledged face no threat.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/24/...t%20Newsletter

DHS has mission-creeped into a Federal police force, armed with all kids of , fully militarized, whose target is Americans, not foreigners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White supremacists and militias have infiltrated police across US, report says

A former FBI agent has do ented

links between serving officers and racist militant activities

in more than a dozen states

White supremacists and militias have infiltrated police across US, report says

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-police-report

"just a couple bad apples"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Loophole the DMV Uses to Sell Your Data to Private Investigators

Some private investigators told Motherboard that the reasons they can give to DMVs to access drivers' personal data are too broad.

As Department of Motor Vehicles (DMVs) around the country sell drivers' personal information to private businesses, including names, addresses, and more, ... leaving open the possibility of abuse.

Private investigators can buy this data because of the

Drivers' Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), a law written in the 1990s

before privacy became the stronger cultural focus that it is today and which governs how DMVs can sell driver data.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ep47na/dmv-dppa-drivers-privacy-protection-act-buy-data-private-investigators

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Law Enforcement’s Warrior Complex Is on Full Display in the Streets—and in Leaked Do ent

Hacked do ents from the early weeks of the ongoing protest movement illustrate one of Black Lives Matter’s central observations:

Policing in the United States functions as a military occupation.

domestic law enforcement agencies, especially those on the federal level, put on display

their zeal for War on Terror–style counterinsurgency,

their propensity to portray themselves as under constant threat by conniving aggressors, and

their willingness—even eagerness—to signal-boost disprovable rumors of dissenters’ violent intentions.

federal agencies, at least in the early days of the protests, were relying on public sources of information to fill the pages of their daily briefs—thus creating a messy feedback loop between federal law enforcement, local police, and the press that was ripe for amplifying misinformation.

https://www.thenation.com/article/so...forcement-blm/

The militarization of law enforcement as warriors against US citizenry will only get much worse, completely irreversible.

America is ed and un able, in so many ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE THIN BLUE LINE BETWEEN VIOLENT PRO-TRUMP MILITIAS AND POLICE

Police in Kenosha told armed vigilantes,

“We appreciate you guys. We really do.”

Then one of them killed two protesters.

In a third video, shot before the killings took place,

the same young gunman is seen interacting with law enforcement in an armored vehicle,

accepting a bottle of water as thanks for the efforts he and others in a group of armed vigilantes were putting in.

An officer in the vehicle says over a loudspeaker:

“We appreciate you guys. We really do.”

Days before the killings in a Wisconsin, a so-called Back the Blue rally in Gilbert, Arizona, saw

armed pro-police demonstrators beating counterprotesters

while law enforcement looked on.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/28/kyle-rittenhouse-violent-pro-trump-militias-police/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-29-2020 at 07:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nOtHiNg WiLL hApPeN tO yOu If yOu fOllOw iNsTruCtIoNs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (in b4 "that's not a drop kick")

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her Former Colleagues Called In a “Wellness Check.” Then Police Shot Her to Death.

The killing of Sandy Guardiola at the hands of a cop illustrates the limitations of brutal, armed police responding to community needs.

a police officer was sent to their mother’s apartment in Canandaigua, New York, to carry out a wellness check on October 4.

Neither of them had been called, although they were listed as her emergency contacts at work.

All they know is that

Scott Kadien of the Canandaigua Police Department entered Guardiola’s home

without her permission and

shot her three times while she was in her bed.

She died in the hospital that afternoon.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/22/...t%20Newsletter

I'm in favor of defunding the police's shooting people in their beds.

Thread Information