Page 119 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manley exonerates Mike Ramos' shooter in report to Ken Paxton filled with false statements

Ramos was standing beside his car with his hands up talking to the officers

when a rookie three months out of the academy fired on him with a shotgun loaded with a bean bag round

while bystanders screamed "don't shoot."

Ramos got into his car and drove away from officers down a dead end to keep from being killed.

It didn't work.

Another officer, who just ten months before had killed a university professor suffering from a mental health crisis in another dubious shooting, shot Ramos multiple times with a rifle.

how does Chief Manley describe the episode in the death in custody report?

Asked what were the reasons for the contact, Manley wrote "Alcohol/drug offense."

No drugs or alcohol were found at the scene, so this is pure victim blaming which frankly is reprehensible.

Whatever the 911 caller said,

Ramos had committed no offense when officers surrounded him with guns drawn and began screaming at him.

Why is the chief still pretending otherwise?

Another question asked, "At any time during the incident and/or entry into the law enforcement facility, did the decedent display or use a weapon?"

Manley replied, "Unknown."

Again, this is a flat-out lie.

Manley admitted at a press conference that Ramos had no weapon, which is also quite clear from the bystander video.

Next, the form asked, "At any time during the incident and/or entry into the law enforcement facility did the decedent attempt to injure others?"

Once again, Manley simply lied, declaring "Unknown."

This is, in fact, known.

Ramos attempted to injure no one, and was driving away from officers when he was shot.

The only "unknown" here is what the the chief is thinking by answering these questions in such a disingenuous way.

Similarly, Manley declared it is "unknown" whether Ramos assaulted a police officer during this incident.

From the video, clearly he didn't, and

if he had, it would have been listed at the top of the report as the most serious charge against him.

https://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.c...hooter-in.html

Charged with murder, a super rare outcome of excessive force cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA County police gangs are murdering Latinos.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anthony...eriff-lawsuit/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'He gonna be sore': Louisiana troopers brag about 'whoopin' inflicted on Black man for running

A Louisiana State Patrol trooper, reportedly caught bragging in text messages about beating a suspect, was arrested with two other troopers on excessive force allegations.

Troopers Dakota DeMoss, Randall erson, and George Harper were arrested on February 8 on criminal charges associated with not only excessive force but allegedly trying to hide their actions, the media site Sound Off Louisiana reported.

The site revealed a telling text thread that was part of the arrest warrant for DeMoss.

In the thread between DeMoss, Harper, and fellow troopers Larry Shappley and Jacob Brown, the men joked about the "ass whoop in" 29-year-old Antonio Harris was subjected to before being taken to jail.

“How was his at ude at the jail?” Brown asked in one text message. “Complete silence,” Harper responded. DeMoss: “lol he was still digesting that ass whoopin”

The exchange happened after Harris, who was identified in
    court do ents, surrendered to authorities following a high-speed chase last May in Franklin Parish.

DeMoss, Harper, and Brown were

accused of deactivating body-cameras and beating Harris after he “immediately surrendered,”

The Associated Press reported.

Brown, who faces allegations in that case and another, resigned Wednesday, while DeMoss and Harper were put on administrative leave.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021129

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA police gangs doing LA police gang things

https://la.streetsblog.org/2021/03/1...ame-on-driver/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 white STL officers on trial for nearly beating black undercover cop to death. As usual, blue lives matter is silent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota Supreme Court Throws Out Rape Conviction Because Victim Chose to Get Drunk

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...tim-drunk.html

... had the victim been a voluntarily drunk guy raped by s? conviction would have been thrown out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No convictions for ex-officers accused of beating colleague at St. Louis protest

Officer Luther Hall, who was mistaken for a protester during the demonstration, described the 2017 attack to jurors as a “free-for-all.”
    No convictions were returned for three white St. Louis police officers accused of beating a Black undercover colleague

so severely during a protest over another officer’s acquittal that

he had to undergo multiple surgeries.

Defense lawyers said that police department chaos and dysfunction meant that officers and supervisors on the street didn’t know undercover officers were working that night.

Defense lawyers also challenged Hall’s ability to identify his attackers.

The verdicts reignited criticisms that an all-white jury was picked to decide the case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...otest-n1262482

Once a slave state always a slave state.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-31-2021 at 06:02 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He died in jail hours after a minor pot arrest.

Now 7 corrections officers have been fired.

Seven Collin County detention officers have been fired for their role in

allegedly restraining Marvin Scott III,

blasting him with pepper spray and

placing a hood over his head

as he suffered through what his family has described as a mental health emergency.

police searched him and allegedly found less than 2 ounces of marijuana.

They arrested him and eventually took him to the local jail.

Hours later, the 26-year-old was dead.

detention officers have been fired for their role in allegedly restraining Scott, blasting him with pepper spray and placing a hood over his head

Scott’s family and local activists

question why he was arrested for such a small amount of marijuana

— a drug
    soon to be fully legal in 16 states and widely decriminalized elsewhere —

and why he was subject to force in jail rather than immediately taken for medical treatment.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04...collin-county/

As always, law enforcement has been fantastically successful in winning the War on (Blacks with) Drugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 white STL officers on trial for nearly beating black undercover cop to death. As usual, blue lives matter is silent.

St Louis related: "residents" wait up to five years for court dates.

Burris said his latest review shows that out of the 1,003 St. Louis County Justice Center residents:

• 319 have been waiting more than one year for their trial
    • 127 have been waiting more than two years
    • 1 resident has been waiting for more than five years
    https://fox2now.com/news/fox-files/j...e-than-a-year/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYPD “GOON SQUAD” MANUAL TEACHES OFFICERS TO VIOLATE PROTESTERS’ RIGHTS

Exclusive:

Internal NYPD do ents shed new light on the Strategic Response Group, or SRG,

the heavily militarized police unit behind the crackdown on George Floyd protesters.

https://theintercept.com/2021/04/07/...floyd-protests

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cop's favorite saying "what are you so nervous for?"

umm because y'all kill innocent people, give confusing instructions that can get us killed, pull us over for no reason, violate our cons utional rights...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyrants arrest innocent black man while searching for a white suspect

LAPD video shows arrests of the wrong people in racial profiling lawsuit

A federal judge has unsealed Los Angeles Police Department body camera video showing an incident where a Black man who alleges he was racially profiled by officers was arrested in Hollywood, according to do ents obtained Wednesday.

LOS ANGELES - A federal judge ordered the release of police body camera video that shows two Los Angeles Police Department officers arresting a Black man near his home in Hollywood even though they were looking for a white domestic violence suspect.

The 11-minute video was disclosed as part of an ongoing lawsuit accusing the LAPD of racial profiling and civil rights violations.

The video shows the chaotic arrest of music producer Antone Austin, known as Tone Stackz, and his girlfriend.

The incident happened in May 2019 in Hollywood. Austin, 42, was taking out his trash outside his apartment when two LAPD officers suddenly pulled up and ordered him to turn around.

Get your top stories delivered daily! Sign up for FOX 11’s Fast 5 newsletter. And, get breaking news alerts in the FOX 11 News app. Download for iOS or Android.

Without explanation, the officers immediately attempted to handcuff a struggling Austin and became upset with him when he didn't comply, according to a federal lawsuit filed against the city of Los Angeles one year ago.

As Austin was being detained, his girlfriend came running out of the apartment and was also arrested without cause, the pair alleges in the legal claim. Both Austin and the woman were held in jail for hours, paying a total of $57,000 in bail, according to the suit.

Prior to — and during — the arrest, the officers are heard saying they don't know who they were looking for.

As the patrol car passes Austin and then turns back, one officer asks, "This dude?" and his partner responds, "Probably."

They didn't even have a description of the domestic violence suspect.

It turned out that the real domestic violence suspect was the white ex-boyfriend of Austin's neighbor.

The couple's media representative said Austin was initially charged with resisting arrest and assault on a police officer, but the assault charge was eventually dropped.

His 30-year-old girlfriend, Mic e Michlewicz, was charged with interfering in the arrest, a charge carrying a prison sentence of up to four years.

The status of the charges was not immediately available Wednesday. An LAPD spokesman said that according to policy, the department does not comment on pending litigation.

In court filings, the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office argues that the couple's claim is without merit and should be dismissed, and that Austin and his girlfriend are to blame for the incident. Attorneys for the city also allege that the two LAPD officers are immune from liability.

The lawsuit is set for jury trial in October in downtown Los Angeles.

The couple's attorney, Faisal Gill, said the officers didn't know who they were looking for when they arrived at the scene in response to a domestic disturbance call involving the white neighbor.

"It was racial profiling,'' Gill alleged. "No question about it and to add injury to insult they arrest my clients, put them in jail ... Even the woman who called 911 tried to tell the officers that they had the wrong person."

Cannick said that "just because someone didn't die, it's still serious. Here we voted for body cameras, and they're fighting to keep them secret."

CNS contributed to this report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they didn't see see an Army LT going home, they just saw a black man in a new Tahoe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small blind transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human. These fish care more about this than I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a caringly crafted "I don't care"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the blue wall of silence protects criminals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mom demands answers after Minnesota cop shoots her son — pulled over for air-fresheners on his mirror

Another Minnesota man is dead after another police shooting of an unarmed civilian in Brooklyn Center.

Twenty-year-old Daunte Wright called his mother at approximately 1:40 p.m. telling her that he was being pulled over.

He had an outstanding warrant but police didn't know that when they pulled him over. they said it was for a "traffic violation,"

The violation was that he had air fresheners hanging from his mirror.

Police-ese euphemism alert with grammar error of number disagreement!

"One officer discharged their firearm, striking the driver," cop shot that knitter dead, executed for entering car, following protocol

https://www.rawstory.com/minnesota-police-shoot-another-man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killing kids for having air fresheners in the rear view? Tyrants do have else better to do?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killing kids for having air fresheners in the rear view? Tyrants do have else better to do?
    More precisely, he committed the capital crime of being black while getting back into his car.

No arrest, no charges, no trial, immediately executed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More precisely, he committed the capital crime of being black while getting back into his car.

No arrest, no charges, no trial, immediately executed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston Globe email

"Police in a Minneapolis suburb where a Black man was fatally shot during a traffic stop say

the officer who fired intended to use a Taser, not a handgun.

Police Chief Tim Gannon described the shooting as “an accidental discharge.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information