Page 120 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boston globe email

"Monday’s game between the Red Sox and Twins in Minneapolis was postponed “out of respect for the tragic events that occurred yesterday in Brooklyn Center.”

Daunte Wright, a 20-year-old Black man, died Sunday when he was fatally shot during a traffic stop in a Minneapolis suburb by a police officer who apparently intended to fire a Taser, not a handgun, the city’s police chief said Monday."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn Center PD is apparently standing behind the mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you watch the video it was clearly an accident

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you watch the video it was clearly an accident
    did you misread the tweet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killing kids for having air fresheners in the rear view? Tyrants do have else better to do?
    just to update, it was driving with expired tags while having a warrant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by releasing the police cam footage today Brooklyn Center PD is basically copping to manslaughter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boston globe email

"Monday’s game between the Red Sox and Twins in Minneapolis was postponed “out of respect for the tragic events that occurred yesterday in Brooklyn Center.”

Daunte Wright, a 20-year-old Black man, died Sunday when he was fatally shot during a traffic stop in a Minneapolis suburb by a police officer who apparently intended to fire a Taser, not a handgun, the city’s police chief said Monday."

This some bull , ain't got nothing to do with someone getting clapped, they don't want 10000 people gathering together right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by releasing the police cam footage today Brooklyn Center PD is basically copping to manslaughter.
    that's cool, but he was driving with expired tags while having a warrant the air fresher narrative was booty. Also the left ran into the issue of it being a woman, who the good ol boys happily threw under the bus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's cool, but he was driving with expired tags while having a warrant the air fresher narrative was booty. Also the left ran into the issue of it being a woman, who the good ol boys happily threw under the bus.
    last I checked, having a warrant for unpaid tickets doesn't warrant a summary execution, and believe it or not, neither does trying to flee the cops.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    capital crimes, so they executed the knitter

Y'all always blaming the victim, never the perps. as in "she asked for it, looking so rape-able"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last I checked, having a warrant for unpaid tickets doesn't warrant a summary execution, and believe it or not, neither does trying to flee the cops.
    didn't say it did, but to say that he got pulled over for "air fresheners" when he actually got pulled over for being a dumbass is disingenuous.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    > Minnesota few days ago

We need to help them keep Father in the house and this is cultural. We need to raise them like the successful brothers in Europe. Culture change.

The reason they run is conspiracies about the system/authority and our civilization

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    capital crimes, so they executed the knitter

Y'all always blaming the victim, never the perps. as in "she asked for it, looking so rape-able"
    did i say he deserved to die? did i say he deserved to get shot? I don't recall saying that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't say it did, but to say that he got pulled over for "air fresheners" when he actually got pulled over for being a dumbass is disingenuous.
    quoting the mother, I believe.

the story is a little bit more fleshed out now, but still doesn't look very good for Brooklyn Center PD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didnt get shot because of unpaid tickets, air fresheners or because of his skin color...
    he got shot because an officer panicked and tried to tase him with a gun instead of a taser and she will rightfully pay the price...

and i don’think he deserved to get shot - to be clear

but - HE DID RESIST ARREST and tried to flee a lawful arrest- however petty the charges may or may not have been
    he resisted arrest, jumped into his car and tried to flee

in fact he fled after getting shot

so HIS actions contributed to his demise. Just being honest. He didnt deserve to die - but he could have acted differently and lived to see another day.

Same with Floyd. Floyd did not deserve it either but same as above - HIS actions CONTRIBUTED to his demise. (Although there is zero excuse for the fact that the cops bungled his arrest so badly that 4 of them could not make a simple arrest and place floyd on his side within 1 minute and get him transported to jail safely)

The black military dude that got pepper sprayed

ALSO Contributed to his getting pepper sprayed.

When the cops ordered him to pull over- he continued to drive until HE DECIDED WHERE HE WANTED to pull over....

then when the cops got full of adrenaline and jumped out of their car- he continued to resist their commands and answering cops commands with stupid questions like “why” “can you calm down”

instead of following the cops directives

he also contributed to his fate - why is everyone afraid to state this fact: your actions CONTRIBUTE to the incident.

When will the media begin to advise viewers, “whenever you get pulled over- DO EXACTLY AS THE COPS TELL YOU TO DO!”

Then if you get abused you can sue the cops afterward!

Why do we never hear ANYONE SAY THIS?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, all these are the cops' fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didnt get shot because of unpaid tickets, air fresheners or because of his skin color...
    he got shot because an officer panicked and tried to tase him with a gun instead of a taser and she will rightfully pay the price...

and i don’think he deserved to get shot - to be clear

but - HE DID RESIST ARREST and tried to flee a lawful arrest- however petty the charges may or may not have been
    he resisted arrest, jumped into his car and tried to flee

in fact he fled after getting shot

so HIS actions contributed to his demise. Just being honest. He didnt deserve to die - but he could have acted differently and lived to see another day.

Same with Floyd. Floyd did not deserve it either but same as above - HIS actions CONTRIBUTED to his demise. (Although there is zero excuse for the fact that the cops bungled his arrest so badly that 4 of them could not make a simple arrest and place floyd on his side within 1 minute and get him transported to jail safely)

The black military dude that got pepper sprayed

ALSO Contributed to his getting pepper sprayed.

When the cops ordered him to pull over- he continued to drive until HE DECIDED WHERE HE WANTED to pull over....

then when the cops got full of adrenaline and jumped out of their car- he continued to resist their commands and answering cops commands with stupid questions like “why” “can you calm down”

instead of following the cops directives

he also contributed to his fate - why is everyone afraid to state this fact: your actions CONTRIBUTE to the incident.

When will the media begin to advise viewers, “whenever you get pulled over- DO EXACTLY AS THE COPS TELL YOU TO DO!”

Then if you get abused you can sue the cops afterward!

Why do we never hear ANYONE SAY THIS?
    Cops can just stop killing unarmed people and violating our cons utional rights. Seems easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, resisting arrest needs to stop being a defcon 1 level crisis for officers. Like is the dude a suspected serial killer? If so, yeah, you don't let him get away. If he just has some misdemenor warrants out, you follow him or just arrest him at his home. What this should've been is them adding on resisting arrest to his record, probably bumping up his warrant enough to where they'd actually go up to his house and arrest him soon after. Like, I think there's definitely a point where it's fine for an officer to feel threatened and use deadly force to protect themselves. But somehow despite the overabundance of militarized training, cops keep coming out as whiny, trigger-happy es who immediately escalate whenever the slightest bit of adversity comes into the picture.

Yes, it was an accident and probably should just be manslaughter. Yes, dude could've probably saved his life by not fleeing. Both made mistakes, but like almost every ing time, the cop's the one who gets to live with their mistake while the civilian is the one who dies for theirs. The police should be the one who take the greater risk and face the harsher consequences for their actions. That they don't is basically at the heart of every problem with law enforcement nowadays.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops can just stop killing unarmed people and violating our cons utional rights. Seems easy.
    I agree.

And...

civilians can save their own life by just complying with cops directives and if the cops violate their rights —they can hire a good lawyer and get paid

instead of resisting arrest and winding up dead.

Thread Information