Page 126 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin social workers would have stopped it.
    Columbus PD didn't even try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is the respect for property, law and public order?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids can't even ride bikes anymore. Notice which the cops direct all the aggression towards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids can't even ride bikes anymore. Notice which the cops direct all the aggression towards

Someone pointed out in the thread that Perth Amboy's 19th century bicycle license law requires the city to provide the teeny tiny license plates to cyclists at their own expense. Universal registration of actually existing bicycles per law could conceivably wreck the city coffers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the begging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone Called the Cops On Their Own Smart Vacuum

According to Sacramento CBS affiliate KOVR-TV, Yana Sydnor called the police to report a possible home invasion. Turns out, it was a robovac that her son turned on before leaving for the weekend.

At 1 a.m., she and her 2-year-old daughter woke up to loud booms coming from her stairs disrupting her meditation music. She texted her friends about the sounds before they quickly responded, urging her to call 911. "I hear someone walking down my stairs, so it's like boom, boom, boom, boom, boom," Sydnor recalls telling the dispatcher. Desperate to exit the house and avoid a run-in with the invader, she ran to the bathroom, put her daughter in the tub, and thought about grabbing a ladder to get them both outside to ground level.

Officers arrived within 10 minutes of Sydnor's call. They rammed the front door wide open only to find a poor robovac, fresh from a tumble down a flight of stairs. "My son turned on the vacuum cleaner because he didn't want to do chores before he left for the weekend," she explained to the reporter after a moment of exasperated silence. The vacuum hadn't been used for 2 years and, even after the fall, it still works. We couldn't make out the make and model of the robovac, so we don't quite know if it could stop itself from going over the ledge much less what exactly happened in this case if it did have the ability.

---

Nothing wrong with the cops here, just having a laugh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Brown, Spotsylvania, VA -- unarmed, shot holding his phone while talking to 911

Andrew Brown, Elizabeth City, NC -- father of ten, unarmed, shot in the back driving away while police were serving a search warrant (for him.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the lightbulb has to want to change"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four drag racing DC cops taken to the hospital --

and two police cruisers totaled

https://www.rawstory.com/dc-police-drag-racing/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virginia deputy mistook cordless house phone for gun in shooting of Black man, attorney says

A Virginia man is in intensive care after a sheriff's deputy shot him ten times outside his home early Wednesday, his family said.

Isaiah Brown, a 32-year-old Black man, was walking down the street away from his house in Spotsylvania County and was on the phone with a 911 dispatcher when the Virginia sheriff's deputy responded to his house following reports of a "domestic incident," according to a police statement, as well as body camera footage and 911 audio.

The footage and audio, which was released late Friday, appeared to show the deputy then yelling “drop the gun,” multiple times and saying over his radio, “he’s got a gun to his head.” The deputy then yells, “stop walking towards me, stop walking towards me” and “stop, stop" before shooting Brown.

The Virginia deputy mistook a cordless house phone Brown was holding for a gun, David Haynes, his attorney, said in a statement provided to USA TODAY. Brown was unarmed at the time of the shooting and "clearly told dispatch that he did not have a weapon more than 90 seconds before the deputy arrived," he said.

"Isaiah is now fighting for his life as a result of these completely avoidable errors by the deputy and dispatch," Haynes said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...un/7376535002/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

to be honest, they were driving on the wrong side of the street

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AG Garland is dropping a "pattern and practice" investigation on Louisville PD

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They only showed the family 20 seconds of the police cam. Disgraceful.

They're definitely hiding now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you even watch that 18-minute video, fake-black poster?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angel Zapata Hernandez Died With a Knee to His Neck Months Before George Floyd

the security officer knelt on his neck for just over six minutes.

Hernandez was subsequently taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly afterward.

"Initial information provided by witnesses and the MTS employees indicate the male was acting erratically and was possibly under the influence. so kill him!

"The witnesses did not see any use of force by the MTS employees other than trying to hold the male down on the ground as he kicked and screamed."

https://www.newsweek.com/angel-zapata-hernandez-died-knee-neck-george-floyd-1586325

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The three area colleges have gone to remote for the rest of the semester.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew Brown Jr.'s family says police 'executed' him, then only showed a 20-second video clip from body-cam

Authorities worked to redact the footage before allowing the family and lawyers to view it.

“We do not feel that we got transparency,'' Benjamin Crump, one of the lawyers representing the family, said at a new conference. "We only saw a snippet of the video. ... And they determined what was pertinent. Why couldn’t the family see all of the video? They only showed one body-cam video, even though we know there were several.’’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ay/7380279002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time understanding -- besides the status conferred by a law enforcement badge -- why this type of crime isn't punished as severely as the victims are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who get caught fixing criminal trials should have to serve the sentences of the people they helped to convict. There aren't many crimes more serious than depriving someone of freedom by lying and cheating in court.

Thread Information