Page 133 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A dear friend of mine once insisted Charles Manson was a political prisoner. I believe he still would.
    Repugs calling the 1/6 prisoners, indicted criminals "political prisoners", implying quite clearly that Repugs, and their Capitalist financers, fully intend to replace USA's Potemkin democracy with one-party fascism.

Feckless Pelosi ed up, yet again, by seating the House Repugs who SIGNED to annul the 2020 election. They were not held accountable, and will go further next time.

If Dems can't pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, then Capitalist/Repug fascism is inevitable, and SCOTUS6 grease the skids.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-23-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A ‘cons utional’ sheriff’s fiefdom: COVID amok, guns aplenty, and hunting cougars with hounds​Klickitat

Klickitat County Sheriff Bob Songer strikes a statuesque pose for his official portraitCounty Sheriff Bob Songer strikes a statuesque pose for his official portrait

deferring to no other governing body and

accountable to no one.
    Songer adamantly refuse to enforce Gov. Jay Inslee’s COVID-19 masking and other health restrictions

when
    he recently came down with the illness himself,

Songer’s impact as a rogue sheriff has proven to be far-reaching, particularly as a result of perhaps his most notorious activity:

hunting down and eradicating mountain lions in his county using posses with hound packs,

a practice banned by the state in 1996 and a law Songer claims sheriffs like himself are exempt from.

refused to enforce the state’s new restrictive gun laws, which were approved by over 60% of voters in 2018.

new law “is uncons utional on several grounds. I’ve taken the position that as an elected official, I am not going to enforce that law.”

Songer led a group of fellow “cons utional” sheriffs in a revolt against enforcing the shutdown of businesses and masking requirements in his county.

“cons utionalists” believe conspiracist far-right theories that the sheriff of each county is the supreme law of the land,

capable of overruling federal and state laws as well as the judiciary itself in determining which laws are “cons utional.”

ex-sheriff Richard Mack’s nationwide organization that promotes these groundless theories,

which extremists like Cliven and Bundy have leveraged to create armed standoffs with federal officers.

“No Governor’s proclamations or orders can override your liberties without violating your Cons utional Rights even during a crisis.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2047181

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former BCSO deputy arrested after allegedly assaulting an inmate

https://www.expressnews.com/news/art...y-16407650.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shooting your dog just for the of it

Postal carriers, in contrast, face dogs on a regular basis yet do not resort to lethal force. Instead, the Postal Service trains its employees how to avoid bites. Using live dogs, handlers and trainers put postal workers through scenarios to teach them how to read a dog’s behavior and calm a dog, or fend it off, if necessary. Meter readers also have benefited from the same training, drastically reducing incidents of dog bites. Is it unreasonable to ask that law enforcement officers display the same courage facing possible hostile dogs that the public asks of postal workers and meter readers? If cops cannot muster the courage to do so, they cannot be trusted to put the public’s safety before their own, Balko says.
    https://www.criminallegalnews.org/ne...come-epidemic/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas police officers placed on leave over

alleged involvement in pyramid scheme

https://link.dallasnews.com/lt.php?i...9407A50A854672

Law enforcement are primary law violators

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dallas police officers placed on leave over

alleged involvement in pyramid scheme

https://link.dallasnews.com/lt.php?i...9407A50A854672

Law enforcement are primary law violators
    Cept that wad cop who shot that unarmed woman to death in the Capitol, right, bouts?

tee, hee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Police Officer Killed Jacob Harris,

But His Unarmed Friends Were Charged With His Murder

A little-known legal theory

allows prosecutors to file murder charges against people who are unarmed or not even at the scene when police officers kill somebody.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...er-third-party

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeBlasio's NYC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYPD's criteria "allow the NYPD to designate someone a gang member if they are hanging out in front of a bodega or NYCHA building... and are wearing the colors black, gold, yellow, red, purple, green, blue, white, brown, khaki, gray, orange, or lime green"

https://ccrjustice.org/sites/default/files/attach/2021/02/Written%20Comment%20on%20NYPD%27s%20Draft%20and%20 Use%20Policies%20for%20the%20Gang%20Database%20and %20Social%20Network%20Analysis%20Tools_BXD_CCR_LAS _LDF.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden's DOJ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Obvious case of racial profiling':

Chicago cop accused of attacking Black woman for walking her dog

https://www.rawstory.com/chicago-cop-black-woman-video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden's DOJ

Next case: “the fact that the dog did not alert at all is legal basis for a search bc it suggests the drugs we all already know must be there are well-camouflaged.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fired S.A. detective, accused of punching women, said he was trying to keep a 'crazy chick' away

officials said he broke into a woman’s apartment in the middle of the night and punched her in the face

McManus fired Pue, an 11-year veteran, six months later, citing violations of departmental rules related to truthfulness of members, responsibility to serve the public, use of intoxicants while off-duty and use of city equipment.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...n-16426758.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elijah McClain's mother says she is 'grateful' for the charges against officers, paramedics involved in her son's death

Three police officers and two paramedics have each been charged with one count of manslaughter and one count of criminally negligent homicide

in the death of Elijah McClain, who died following a police encounter in Aurora, Colorado in 2019,

Aurora police stopped McClain as he walked home from a convenience store.

McClain had committed no crime, but a teenager in the area reported him to the cops for looking "su ious."

After approaching,

officers placed the unarmed, 23-year-old McClain in a
    neck hold and

injected him with ketamine. W T F F

He suffered cardiac arrest and then died in the hospital about six days later,

https://theweek.com/us/1004418/elijah-mcclains-mother-says-she-is-grateful-for-the-charges-against-officers-paramedics

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Elijah McClain's mother says she is 'grateful' for the charges against officers, paramedics involved in her son's death

Three police officers and two paramedics have each been charged with one count of manslaughter and one count of criminally negligent homicide

in the death of Elijah McClain, who died following a police encounter in Aurora, Colorado in 2019,

Aurora police stopped McClain as he walked home from a convenience store.

McClain had committed no crime, but a teenager in the area reported him to the cops for looking "su ious."

After approaching,

officers placed the unarmed, 23-year-old McClain in a
    neck hold and

injected him with ketamine. W T F F

He suffered cardiac arrest and then died in the hospital about six days later,

https://theweek.com/us/1004418/elijah-mcclains-mother-says-she-is-grateful-for-the-charges-against-officers-paramedics
    He was a massage therapist who his mother said: "Gave great joy to many and happy endings as well."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat Is On

99 percent of people arrested by Beverly Hills 'safe streets' police task force were Black

https://www.rawstory.com/beverly-hills-police-racism

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i heard of this case because derrick white had McClain's name on his shoes, glad they have at least been charged, unfortunately doubt convictions will follow..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cops harass a construction worker who knows his rights and end up costing the taxpayers thousands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cops harass a construction worker who knows his rights and end up costing the taxpayers thousands
    "video available"

is this the Keller, TX case?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "video available"

is this the Keller, TX case?
    You have to click the watch on YouTube link. I think it's florida.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You have to click the watch on YouTube link. I think it's florida.
    & it's terribly boring. I believe the fellow baited the cops into it in order to get a check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & it's terribly boring. I believe the fellow baited the cops into it in order to get a check.
    Lol!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they do this because they're trained to be the biggest pussies on earth, to fear old women and puppies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like, it the officer was scared of this little old woman, couldn't he have called for backup and waited?

Thread Information