My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LASD harasses public officials who criticize them
    So does the FBI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a cost cities are apparently willing to pay, insurance companies somewhat less so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Customs officials have copied Americans’ phone data at massive scale

Contacts, call logs, messages and photos from up to 10,000 travelers’ phones are saved to a government database every year

U.S. government officials are adding data from as many as 10,000 electronic devices each year to a massive database they’ve compiled from cellphones, iPads and computers seized from travelers at the country’s airports, seaports and border crossings, leaders of Customs and Border Protection told congressional staff in a briefing this summer.

The rapid expansion of the database and the ability of

2,700 CBP officers to access it without a warrant —

two details not previously known about the database — have raised alarms in Congress about what use the government has made of

the information, much of which is captured from people not suspected of any crime.

CBP officials told congressional staff the data is maintained for 15 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/09/15/government-surveillance-database-dhs/

DHS, a domestic army created by Repugs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex-cop accused of framing Black man for murder

indicted in sex assault cases

https://www.rawstory.com/kansas-city-cop/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one is a doozy.

KCK detective assaulted dozens of black women over decades and when one refused his advances, he framed her son for a double murder.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nationwide, relentless LE corruption

from LA Times email, about LA county sheriff give CCW to donors quickly

"After months of interviews, records requests and data analysis, our investigation published last week revealed that

among the several thousand people who received permits under Villanueva

were at least 50 donors to his election campaigns and others with special links to him.

They often gave questionable reasons for needing to be armed,

received their permits more quickly than the average wait or

were assisted by two deputies who worked directly for Villanueva.

As we were finishing the story, Alene got another juicy tip that checked out.

Those two deputies, along with others with ties to the sheriff, have since come under su ion of wrongdoing.

Earlier this month, the Sheriff’s Department announced it was conducting a criminal investigation into “irregularities discovered in the CCW application process” that it

described as a “possible long-term scheme to defraud” county residents and “weapon law violations.”

The two deputies, Gisel Del Real and Carrie Robles, were relieved of duty."

================

crazy LE , yet again.

Easter Sunday she tried to bribe a family with $300 to vacate a picnic spot that Vela wanted.

Barrientes Vela barred from leaving Bexar County, attending political events

after Dallas convention skirmish

Judge tells ex-constable she showed ‘poor judgment,’

https://www.ksat.com/news/ksat-investigates/2022/07/21/barrientes-vela-barred-from-leaving-bexar-county-attending-political-events-after-dallas-convention-skirmish/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-19-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Colorado man was shot and killed after asking 911 for help following a car accident

the case revolves around a 22-year-old man who called 911 for roadside assistance.

The family insists that the young man, identified as Christian Glass, was facing a mental health issue when officers shot him dead.

“He was stuck on a small pile of rocks on the side of the road and called 911 for help,"

"It was dark, and he was really worried.

He trusted police to come and help him.

Instead, they attacked and killed him."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9/16/2122851/-A-Colorado-man-was-shot-and-killed-after-asking-911-for-help-following-a-car-accident

Mental health care by trigger happy cops

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prison Telecom Company Forced To Give Back Half The Money It Stole From Families Of Prisoners

Every year, American families spend more than $1.4 billion calling their relatives in prison.

This is indicative both of the incredible number of people we have in prison,

as well as the predatory nature of the telecom companies that make it
    incredibly expensive to call them,

Following the resolution of a class action lawsuit alleging that GTL had unjustly enriched itself by converting the money in "inactive" accounts to revenue,

the company will be required to pay back $67 million of that money in refunds and credits

to plaintiffs who had their accounts deemed inactive after less than 180 days,

many of the people who use the company's services are using them because they stole far less than $121 million.

frequently more than a dollar a minute (and up to $14 a minute before the FCC capped rates in 2015).
    GTL's actions only actually came to light when it tried to pull this scam on an actual lawyer.

https://www.wonkette.com/global-tel-link-lawsuit

I expect a Repug FCC to uncap rates, and roll back any pro-prisoner rules that Dem FCC mades

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revealed: US Military Bought Mass Monitoring Tool That Includes Internet Browsing, Email Data

The “Augury” platform includes highly sensitive network data that Team Cymru, a private company, is selling to the military. “It’s everything. There’s nothing else to capture except the smell of electricity,” one cybersecurity expert said.

Multiple branches of the U.S. military have bought access to a powerful internet monitoring tool that

claims to cover over 90 percent of the world’s internet traffic,

and which in some cases provides access to people’s email data, browsing history, and other information such as their sensitive internet cookies

the U.S. Navy, Army, Cyber Command, and the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency have collectively paid at least $3.5 million to access Augury.

This allows the military to track internet usage using an incredible amount of sensitive information.

PCAP data is “everything,” Zach Edwards, a cybersecurity researcher who has closely followed the data trade, told Motherboard in an online chat.

“It’s everything. There’s nothing else to capture except the smell of electricity.”

a whistleblower has contacted his office concerning the alleged warrantless use and purchase of this data by NCIS, a civilian law enforcement agency that’s part of the Navy,

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3pnkw/us-military-bought-mass-monitoring-augury-team-cymru-browsing-email-data

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EMTs gave him too much Ketamine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For walking home while black.

After they killed McClain, Aurora cops broke up the violin vigil with batons and tear gas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EXCEPTIONL LY BAD America

Fatal police shootings in US are more prevalent and training is more limited than in other nations

Police in the U.S. deal with more diverse, distressed and aggrieved populations and are involved in more incidents involving firearms, but they average only five months of classroom training—the briefest among 18 countries examined

the rate of fatal police shootings in the United States in 2019 (3.1 per million)

was considerably higher than similarly developed nations like France (.14 per million) and Australia (.64 per million).

https://phys.org/news/2022-09-fatal-police-prevalent-limited-nations.html

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SHE WAS COMING STRIGHT AT THEM

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘I hate a black fcuking Democrat,’

white North Carolina sheriff says before

firing Black staff

He likely thought that calling his colleagues “black bas s” or even threatening to fire them for no reason other than their race was nothing out of the ordinary.

“I’m sick of it. I’m sick of these black bas s,” Greene reportedly said to Soles.

“I’m going to clean house and be done with it.

And we’ll start from there.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ng-Black-staff

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    47 California deputies who failed psychological tests stripped of guns

The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office has stripped 47 deputies – 10% of the force – of their guns and arrest powers because they failed psychological exams in the wake of a fatal double shooting allegedly committed by a former deputy.
    It was “horrible’’ to have to relieve the deputies of their duties, sheriff’s spokesman Lt. Ray Kelly

deputies will still receive their pay and benefits.

the Sheriff’s Office conducted an internal audit of deputies’ psychological examinations from

January 2016 to the present.

the deputy had been graded “D. Not Suited” in a psychological evaluation and under state law couldn’t serve as a peace officer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/09/27/california-deputies-suspended-psychological-exams/10443703002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coincidental, surely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who will protect us from the protectors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happened in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happened in SA

Pussy ass cop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his tenure was probationary, he already got fired.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happened in SA

bull ass explanation, kids defense is cop never identified himself, so he had adequate reason to fear for his life

Thread Information