Page 78 of 150 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is just SHOCKING Boo!

A store that caters to a lower socioeconomic group experiences more crime than those that don't?

SHOCKING!
    Walmart should spend THEIR $Bs on THEIR store security, not require taxpayers' law enforcement, who already spend $Bs subsidizing Walmart's poverty wage earners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should we post random stories of black crime and then sarcastically say black lives matter at the end with a smiley from ecoli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should we post random stories of black crime and then sarcastically say black lives matter at the end with a smiley from ecoli
    Darrin and the Klan Kabal do that all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, darrins and others do it. there is a warrior criminals thread just for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False equivalence of brain-dead logic.

(black) criminals are supposed to commit crimes.

cops are not supposed to commit crimes.

#AllCopCrimesMatter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FOP to city: Pay us to wear body cameras

Cincinnati's police union told city officials last week if they want officers to wear body cameras they'll have to pay them extra.

City leaders announced at a press conference last Wednesday that the first group of police would start wearing the body cameras a move that itself came just days after the city's latest police-involved shooting.

A lawyer for Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #69, Stephen Lazarus, sent the city a "cease and desist" letter, saying until pay for wearing the equipment has been decided, officers shouldn't wear them. He asked that the city cease the program by Wednesday at the latest, pending the bargaining process.

"Requiring employees to wear BWCs will change several aspects of their job and regularly assigned duties," Lazarus wrote in a letter dated Aug. 11.

"The adoption of of new BWC policies will also have a significant impact on the employees' wages, hours, or other terms and conditions of employment. Accordingly such changes are mandatory subjects that must be bargained to impasse with the union before they are implemented."

City Manager Harry Black fired back Monday, writing in a memo to council that as the manager of the police department he can order cameras be worn without a contract change, though he added he's hopeful the FOP will wear the cameras.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...eras/88763906/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio cops demand higher pay in return for more police accountability

There’s been a movement to make police officers more accountable for misconduct — but like everything, it apparently comes with a price.

The San Antonio Express-News reports that the San Antonio police union demanded higher pay in exchange for accepting changes to their collective bargaining agreement that would have delivered stricter discipline for officer misconduct.

The Express-News notes that right now “the contract limits how far back a chief can invoke prior misconduct in punishing an officer — no more than two years in most instances — and automatically reduces suspensions of three days or less to a reprimand after two years.”

The city of San Antonio, meanwhile, wanted to change the contract so that “an entire officer’s discipline record should be allowable” and “suspensions need to remain on the record to accurately report an officer’s history and show progressive discipline.”

However, it seems that the police union won’t budge on these changes without an increase in salaries.

San Antonio City Councilman Rey Saldaña ripped the police union’s request in a message sent to the Express News.

“The mayor and I are appalled that the union would ask for payment in exchange for them to do the right thing,” he told the paper.

“Also, the argument that we can somehow handle discipline language outside of the contract is legally untrue. We either bind the language through the contract or we live with the status quo for five years.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/san-...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woman Sues After Police Destroy Her Home During 10-Hour Standoff With The Family Dog

When the only thing standing between law enforcement and a suspect they're seeking is a person's home, well… the home's got to go.
    As seen previously here at Techdirt, police officers pretty much razed a residence to the ground searching for a shoplifting suspect.

In another case, law enforcement spent nineteen hoursengaged in a tense standoff with an empty residence before deciding to send in a battering ram.

Another standoff -- currently the center of a federal lawsuit -- stands somewhere in between these two cases. The house wasn't completely empty or completely destroyed. But that still doesn't make the Caldwell (ID) police look any more heroic… or any less destructive.

The lawsuit's [PDF] opening paragraph lays it all out.

On August 11, 2014, after registering her child for first grade, Ms. West returned to her home to find multiple City of Caldwell police officers in her yard searching for a Fabian Salinas. Wanting to cooperate, and uncertain whether Salinas was in her house, Ms. West gave the police a key to her house and gave them permission to use it to enter her house to arrest him.

During a ten hour long standoff, police repeatedly exceeded the authority Ms. West had given them,

breaking windows,

crashing through ceilings, and

riddling the home with holes from shooting canisters of tear gas

destroying most of Ms. West and her children’s personal belongings.

The only occupant of the house was Ms. West’s dog. Ms. West’s home remained uninhabitable for two months.

Here's one photo of the home, taken by officers and provided to the Idaho Statesman in response to a public records request. (More photos can be found at the link.)

If you'd like to see some pictures of the standoff with the family pet that include the Caldwell Police's impressive armored personnel carrier (presumably able to withstand even the nastiest of dog bites), those can be found here.

According to Courthouse News Service's interview with Shariz West's lawyer, the do entation he's viewed gives no explanation why it took a small army of SWAT officers 10 hours to discover the suspect wasn't in the home.

"I have no idea," he said. "I've read the police reports and debriefing, and it's my recollection that someone heard a deadbolt activate, which was impossible, and saw the curtains move, which is possible because there was a pit bull in the house at the time.

Basically, they had a standoff with a dog."

And that some remedial attic-traversing training might be in order.

Fisher said some of the damage to the house was caused when an officer slipped off a truss while crawling in the attic and fell through the ceiling.

So, when given a key and consent from the occupant, officers instead chose to grab an armored vehicle and go through several windows and the attic. Even if they believed the suspect might be dangerous, there has to be some middle ground between full-scale assault and simply unlocking the door and stepping inside.

This happened back in 2014 but there's been no coverage of the Caldwell cops' 10-hour, one-dog standoff until now. Thomas Johnson of Fault Lines suggests that might have something to do with the local paper of record.

If you’re wondering why it took a couple of years for this event to make news outside of Idaho, it’s because the local paper apparently only checks court records or their exclusive police source, resulting in some very incomplete reporting.

Why bother getting out there and talking to the homeowner or neighbors when you can sit on your chunk?

The "coverage" Johnson points to opens with some severe law enforcement spin:

A man who escaped a police standoff last August in Caldwell, only to be captured in Meridian about a week later, pleaded guilty in 3rd District Court to felony eluding and felony rioting.

That's a pretty generous depiction of what actually happened.

From all appearances, the suspect was never in the home during the 10-hour standoff.

And when someone's not actually where you think they are, it's a huge stretch to refer to their non-presence as an "escape." If that's the spin the PD's using, they can just claim any person with an outstanding warrant not found at Shariz West's home on that long day in August 2014 also "escaped" the same standoff.

In any event, the city and PD are now facing a lawsuit. The police did give her a three-week stay in a hotel. Too bad it took more than two months for her to be able to return to her residence.

This raid on a house containing nothing more than a dog is the natural side effect of police militarization, which encourages law enforcement to escalate in questionable situations,

rather than use more measured tactics to ensure occupants aren't deprived of a place to live simply because a suspect might be hiding somewhere behind closed doors.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...%28Techdirt%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False equivalence of brain-dead logic.

(black) criminals are supposed to commit crimes.

cops are not supposed to commit crimes.

#AllCopCrimesMatter
    Cops commit crimes just like other civilians. They aren't saints

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin and the Klan Kabal do that all the time.
    sure, darrins and others do it. there is a warrior criminals thread just for that.
    Oh so it's ok then. Got it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just wow. The go "devil" way too much on unarmed blacks, but that's ok, cops are saints.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just wow. The go "devil" way too much on unarmed blacks, but that's ok, cops are saints.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-21-2016 at 04:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh so it's ok then. Got it
    Given that the entire blue lives matter was in response to BLM, I think you are missing the point.

For someone who intends to be a defense attorney you sure do defend popo a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is that is almost impossible to convict much less fire a bad cop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is that is almost impossible to convict much less fire a bad cop.
    complicity between bad cops and bad prosecutors, DAs is unbeatable. See the Angela Corey article above.

Most professions, doctors, nurses, lawyers, will hide or sometimes lie to defend their professional colleagues. Guess who gets ed?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure the point is to make fun of the mouth breathers that say black lives matter activists only care about black lives, as if saying "black lives matter too" would really change the way they feel about it.

It's ing stupid. When the NFL does breast cancer month i don't see those same idiots crying about it asking "well what about lung cancer???"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that the entire blue lives matter was in response to BLM, I think you are missing the point.

For someone who intends to be a defense attorney you sure do defend popo a lot.
    how am i defending popo here? i literally said they commit crimes just like anybody else. didn't put them on a higher pedestal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open your mouth, ask your roommate if they can see all the s in your throat.
    You're pretty foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open your mouth, ask your roommate if they can see all the s in your throat.
    your arsenal is full of jokes, gay jokes, and re jokes.

impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the militarized, authoritarian police-state gears up, funded by billionaires wanting to protect themselves

Since January, police have been testing an aerial surveillance system adapted from the surge in Iraq. And they neglected to tell the public.

Since the beginning of the year, the Baltimore Police Department had been using the plane to investigate all sorts of crimes, from property thefts to shootings. The Cessna sometimes flew above the city for as many as 10 hours a day, and the public had no idea it was there.
    A company called Persistent Surveillance Systems, based in Dayton, Ohio, provided the service to the police, and the funding came from a private donor. No public disclosure of the program had ever been made.

A single, long-term contract with an American police department would be worth about $2 million a year, he says. By 2012, McNutt was approaching the police departments of the 20 most crime-ridden jurisdictions in the country, marketing his services. He floated several of them an offer: Let us fly over your city to show you what we can do, and then you can decide if you want to hire us.

McNutt got an e-mail on behalf of Texas-based philanthropists Laura and John Arnold.

John is a former Enron trader whose hedge fund, Centaurus Advisors, made billions before he retired in 2012.

Since then, the Arnolds have funded a variety of hot-button causes, including advocating for public pension rollbacks and charter schools.

The Arnolds told McNutt that if he could find a city that would allow the company to fly for several months, they would donate the money to keep the plane in the air. McNutt had met the lieutenant in charge of Baltimore’s ground-based camera system on the trade-show circuit, and they’d become friendly.

“We settled in on Baltimore because it was ready, it was willing, and it was just post-Freddie Gray,” McNutt says. The Arnolds donated the money to the Baltimore Community Foundation, a nonprofit that administers donations to a wide range of local civic causes.

Almost everything about the surveillance program feels hush-hush; the city hasn’t yet acknowledged its existence, and the police department declined requests for interviews about the program.

On Aug. 10 the U.S. Department of Justice released a163-page report that detailed systemic abuses within the Baltimore Police Department, including unlawful stops and the use of excessive force, that disproportionately targeted poor and minority communities and led to “unnecessary, adversarial interactions with community members.”

Within a week, civil rights groups filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission claiming that the department’s warrantless use of cell phone tower simulators known by the trade name StingRay—an activity the police acknowledged last year in court—violated federal law and targeted minorities. “The problem of radicalized surveillance is particularly pronounced in Baltimore,” the complaint stated. The city was already on the defensive, even as the aerial surveillance program was shielded from the public eye.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/20...-surveillance/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this needs to stop. we call for decent police and then its the race soldiers who show up and shoot us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this needs to stop. we call for decent police and then its the race soldiers who show up and shoot us.
    Man, I don't know about "race soldiers". Every case is different but I think most of them are the results of poor training and dumb cops.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Sounds awful if true, but the story is coming from proven liar Fraud King. Will wait for a legit source.

Thread Information