Page 107 of 150 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Costco shooting: Family of man killed describes begging officer not to shoot

the parents of a man with schizophrenia who was shot and killed by an off-duty Los Angeles police officer at a Costco in Corona described begging the officer not to open fire after he pulled out his gun and identified himself as police.

Kenneth French, 32, was killed in the shooting on June 14. His parents, Paola and Russell French, were severely injured.

“I was pleading for our son and our lives, but was still shot in the back. What threat did I pose to him?”

The bullet went through her back and exited her stomach, said civil rights attorney Dale K. Galipo, who is representing the family.

The shooting left her in a coma for a prolonged period of time.

She has had seven surgeries and is scheduled for more.

“I said, ‘We have no guns, and my son is sick.’ He still shot. I thought people don’t do that.”

Russell was shot in the abdomen and has also had multiple surgeries, including one to remove his kidney, according to a legal claim filed on behalf of the family.

Both he and his wife now require extensive home healthcare,

When the man identified himself as a police officer, the parents began pleading with him not to shoot.

“Despite their pleas for him not to shoot he fired multiple rounds,

Kenneth French’s schizophrenia left him
    unable to verbally communicate, and his injuries included shots to his back,

The French family posed no threat of serious injury or death to the officer, and he failed to warn them before using deadly force, the claim states.

“I would say there’s evidence to support murder in this case,” Galipo said.

An attorney for Sanchez said that his client was attacked from behind and acted under a

“reasonable belief” that he was being assaulted and that
    his life was at risk.

“It’s just a terrible tragedy that we have two sets of well-meaning, good parents who were trying to help their children,”

Though parts of the incident were captured by Costco security cameras, the videos have not been made public.

After The Times requested a copy of the surveillance footage, prosecutors sought a court order to prevent its release, and
    a judge complied.

Police are now barred from releasing the footage for one year from the date of the shooting.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...1d368-80027601

A ing cops letting loose with multiple shots IN COSTCO on unarmed people. The Cops

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carpentersville family sues after video shows police raiding home, grabbing teen by neck

https://abc7chicago.com/video/embed/?pid=5487234

A family in north suburban Carpentersville is suing police officers, claiming they raided their home without a search warrant while their teenage son was home alone.

In video of the raid, the 16-year-old boy, who wishes to remain anonymous, was knocked off his feet by the officer, who charges through the doorway. The teen ends up on a couch.

the result of a search for a missing girl who is friends with the boy.

As the officer's partner searches upstairs, there's more grabbing and pushing.

Twice the officer grabs the boy's neck, and then he throws him on the couch again.

The missing girl is not at the home, but the officers handcuff and arrest the boy, whose mother is at work.
    "It was an illegal search of this home," said Keenan Saulter, attorney for the family.

"It was an illegal seizure of that minor, and

ultimately it was a false arrest."

Video shows the officer had opened the unlocked door himself.

The family is now suing, alleging police had no warrant and no probable case.

The officer is heard claiming the door has been open.

" o, your door's open," the officer says on a Snapchat video.

"Yeah, sir, I don't feel comfortable opening this door without my parents here, sir," the teen answers.

The family said police had already searched their home a day earlier. The boy's mother, who was at work, said she talked to an officer on the phone.

"I told him to wait for me," Violeta Hernandez said. "You're not to supposed to be in my house. They are minors. I'm not there."

The family said the missing girl was a runaway who did come to the house only to be put in an Uber by the teen.

He said she showed police a record of the ride, but that didn't stop them from returning the next day.

"They said that she was still in here, that people were saying she was still in here," he said.

The family said the missing girl ended up back at her home that very afternoon

https://abc7chicago.com/family-sues-after-video-shows-police-raiding-home-grabbing-teen-by-neck/5487140/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doorbell-camera firm Ring has partnered with 400 police forces, extending surveillance reach

The doorbell-camera company Ring has

quietly forged video-sharing partnerships with more than 400 police forces why quietly?

across the United States, granting them access to homeowners’ camera footage and

a powerful role in what the company calls the nation’s “new neighborhood watch.”

The partnerships let police automatically request the video recorded by homeowners’ cameras within a specific time and area,

helping officers see footage from the company’s millions of Internet-connected cameras installed nationwide, the company said.

Officers don’t receive ongoing or live-video access, and

homeowners can decline the requests,

which Ring sends via email thanking them for “making your neighborhood a safer place.”

The number of police deals, which has not previously been reported, is

likely to fuel broader questions about privacy, surveillance and the expanding reach of tech giants and local police.

The rapid growth of the program, which began in spring 2018, surprised some civil liberties advocates, who thought that fewer than 300 agencies had signed on.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/08/28/doorbell-camera-firm-ring-has-partnered-with-police-forces-extending-surveillance-reach/?noredirect=on&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

I'm sure if a Ring owner declined, the police would find judge and subpoena. Bezos, being a Capitalist and employee slave driver, is not a democrat.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doorbell-camera firm Ring has partnered with 400 police forces, extending surveillance reach

The doorbell-camera company Ring has

quietly forged video-sharing partnerships with more than 400 police forces why quietly?

across the United States, granting them access to homeowners’ camera footage and

a powerful role in what the company calls the nation’s “new neighborhood watch.”

The partnerships let police automatically request the video recorded by homeowners’ cameras within a specific time and area,

helping officers see footage from the company’s millions of Internet-connected cameras installed nationwide, the company said.

Officers don’t receive ongoing or live-video access, and

homeowners can decline the requests,

which Ring sends via email thanking them for “making your neighborhood a safer place.”

The number of police deals, which has not previously been reported, is

likely to fuel broader questions about privacy, surveillance and the expanding reach of tech giants and local police.

The rapid growth of the program, which began in spring 2018, surprised some civil liberties advocates, who thought that fewer than 300 agencies had signed on.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/08/28/doorbell-camera-firm-ring-has-partnered-with-police-forces-extending-surveillance-reach/?noredirect=on&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

I'm sure if a Ring owner declined, the police would find judge and subpoena. Bezos, being a Capitalist and employee slave driver, is not a democrat.

It's THE by-product of 9/11. Gov't jockeyed right on in there, quietly. & solemnly, stoically, even respectfully while the pile smoked in the six month afterward. "Now is our chance. GO!" Laid a camera on every in' pole sea to shining sea.

Gov't ain't no country preacher, not by a jugful they ain't. While we were in shock & awe, Gov't was busy little bee's, never more active inside nor outside the Congress & the WH. There was nary back biting then, by God. They got along famously, rigidly, religiously, comprehensively.

The mother ers.

ADDENDUM:::& they're doing it to US again as we spar on our Board. Arresting whitey left, I mean right & right for even thinking about doing something against the law. Ain't nary umbrage raised as 30+ lay in Texas & Ohio. Laying that ground work, that foundation, that paper trail. "Well, you didn't say a word when we did it to ya." - F.B.I..

"Well, we was in national mourning, busy adjusting our flat to half mast & taking q's on how to conduct ourselves from the CNN." - Us.

"Solly Cholly, you snooze, you lose." - F.B.I..

They took our liberty & our justice in broad daylight, not once, but, now twice since the century turned.
    Last edited by Thread; 08-28-2019 at 12:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are US border cops secretly secreting GPS trackers on vehicles without a warrant? EFF lawyers want to know

Uncle Sam sued by rights warriors probing claims of silent snooping on su ious rides

find out more about a program where, it is claimed, officers secretly stick GPS trackers on vehicles they are su ious of as they come through the border.

has been stonewalled, with Homeland Security's responses claiming any information would contain “sensitive information” that could lead to “cir vention of the law.”

main concern is that Homeland Security is carrying out its secret tracking without a warrant, or even anything beyond a single officer’s su ion.

And it points to a recent

US Supreme Court decision where it ruled that warrantless GPS tracking was uncons utional under the Fourth Amendment.

customs officers revealed in court filings that they had used GPS trackers without a warrant at the border.

a California court ruled that government officials’ use of GPS devices to track two suspected drug dealers without getting a warrant violated the Supreme Court decision, made in 2012, and was government misconduct.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/08/28/eff_cmp_gps/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Rape Case Unravels, Ex-Detectives Plead Guilty to Lesser Crimes

The two had been accused of assaulting a handcuffed 18-year-old. Now, the plea deal will result in probation.

In 2017, two New York Police Department detectives

faced more than 40 sexual-abuse charges and 25 years in prison

after they were accused of
    handcuffing an 18-year-old woman and raping her in the back of a police van.

Over the course of nearly two years, the case slowly unraveled as lawyers in the case disclosed cellphone records and other evidence that
    punched holes in the woman’s inconsistent timeline and description of events that night, forcing prosecutors to discard her testimony and indict the officers on lesser charges.

On Thursday morning, the two detectives, Edward Martins and Richard Hall,

pleaded guilty to bribery and official misconduct charges in a deal that called for five years probation — and no jail time.

the plea will send a message that

sexual misconduct between officers and people in custody will not be tolerated.

“These defendants engaged in a shocking abuse of power, which they finally acknowledged,” Mr. Gonzalez said.

“They are no longer members of our Police Department and with today’s plea are convicted felons.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/29/nyregion/nypd-rape-guilty.html?emc=rss&partner=rss

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    After Rape Case Unravels, Ex-Detectives Plead Guilty to Lesser Crimes

The two had been accused of assaulting a handcuffed 18-year-old. Now, the plea deal will result in probation.

In 2017, two New York Police Department detectives

faced more than 40 sexual-abuse charges and 25 years in prison

after they were accused of
    handcuffing an 18-year-old woman and raping her in the back of a police van.

Over the course of nearly two years, the case slowly unraveled as lawyers in the case disclosed cellphone records and other evidence that
    punched holes in the woman’s inconsistent timeline and description of events that night, forcing prosecutors to discard her testimony and indict the officers on lesser charges.

On Thursday morning, the two detectives, Edward Martins and Richard Hall,

pleaded guilty to bribery and official misconduct charges in a deal that called for five years probation — and no jail time.

the plea will send a message that

sexual misconduct between officers and people in custody will not be tolerated.

“These defendants engaged in a shocking abuse of power, which they finally acknowledged,” Mr. Gonzalez said.

“They are no longer members of our Police Department and with today’s plea are convicted felons.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/29/nyregion/nypd-rape-guilty.html?emc=rss&partner=rss

Thank Christ, that one perp is black.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are US border cops secretly secreting GPS trackers on vehicles without a warrant? EFF lawyers want to know

Uncle Sam sued by rights warriors probing claims of silent snooping on su ious rides

find out more about a program where, it is claimed, officers secretly stick GPS trackers on vehicles they are su ious of as they come through the border.

has been stonewalled, with Homeland Security's responses claiming any information would contain “sensitive information” that could lead to “cir vention of the law.”

main concern is that Homeland Security is carrying out its secret tracking without a warrant, or even anything beyond a single officer’s su ion.

And it points to a recent

US Supreme Court decision where it ruled that warrantless GPS tracking was uncons utional under the Fourth Amendment.

customs officers revealed in court filings that they had used GPS trackers without a warrant at the border.

a California court ruled that government officials’ use of GPS devices to track two suspected drug dealers without getting a warrant violated the Supreme Court decision, made in 2012, and was government misconduct.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/08/28/eff_cmp_gps/

I'll side ya here, bouts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woman gave birth alone in Colorado jail cell after cries for help were ignored

Diana Sanchez screamed as she writhed on the small bed inside her cell at the Denver County Jail.

Gripping the thin mattress with one hand, she tried to use the other to take off her white cloth pants, only managing to free her left leg.

Her face glistened with sweat. She had been in labor for hours, and now her baby was coming.

At 10:44 a.m. on July 31, 2018,

in a moment captured on surveillance video, Sanchez gave birth to her son alone

in her cell without medical supervision or treatment, despite repeatedly telling the jail's staff that she was having contractions, according to a federal lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court in Colorado on Wednesday.

The suit alleges that instead of "ensuring that Ms. Sanchez was able to give birth in a safe and sanitary medical setting,"

nurses and deputies "callously made her labor alone for hours," forcing her to endure a "horrific experience."

"That's just emblematic of how broken the system really is," Newman told The Washington Post.

"They claim to have done a review and their conclusion is that

nothing was wrong with the fact that a woman was never taken to the hospital and

ended up giving birth in a dirty, cold, hard jail cell.

It's really unfathomable."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Woman-gave-birth-alone-in-Colorado-jail-cell-14396998.php#photo-14900133

The American gulag is run by sadists, in the tradition of slaveowners and US military.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA has a secret police force, it's very own STASI

Police avoid requests for their records by simply not keeping any

The futility of open-records requests makes it difficult, if not impossible, for journalists to report on aspects of the criminal justice system.

“I’m calling from the Sheriff’s Association of Texas,” the strong Western drawl on the other end said, “now, I’m tryina figure out why you’re harassing my sheriffs.”

I told him that I was a journalist investigating how the departments work and their relationships with local jails.

With strange confidence, he informed me that I was breaking the law.

I laughed.

Government agencies, big and small, love to reject records requests.

There’s

no universal method of record keeping,

no standard practice, and

no required IT training for the officers or clerks
    expected to manage these records every single day.

On top of that,

police aren’t required

to record or report the vast majority of their operations internally or

to any federal agency;

things like the deployment of weapons,
    use of fatal force, or
    arrest totals go virtually uncounted.

many law enforcement and corrections departments use outdated software that they have no idea how to operate.

From Wichita to Reno, police chiefs and sheriffs have called me personally to say that they don’t record the kind of information I’m asking for.

the last person to be able to access their online filing system quit years ago.

Frederick, a small town in Maryland, quoted me $3,910 in fees in order to find, compile, and release their traffic tickets database.

Not knowing how to use technology,
    using outdated technology, or
    blatantly choosing to misuse technology

means that even when records are located and released, they could be unusable.

In one jurisdiction, “marijuana” was misspelled so many times,

When the Justice Department asked the jail
    to hand over records of the more serious incidents, like instances in which force was used,
    they found that the jail simply wasn’t keeping track.

“Jail policy does not require correctional officers to report every use of force, and staff interviews confirmed that written reports are not regularly generated,”

“Either the Jail has intentionally ignored the multiple instances we found of excessive force contained in its own incident reports, or has failed adequately to review, monitor, track, supervise, and/or investigate [them].”

we only get an inkling of what’s actually going on.

racial bias,
    excessive force, and
    even cruel and unusual torture

are taking place at the behest of America’s uniformed.

https://theoutline.com/post/7901/the-police-avoid-requests-for-their-records-by-simply-not-keeping-any?utm_source=NL&zr=cnegbb57&zd=1&zi=wfs2bsud

Even the funds and modern systems were available, I have no doubt that LE was not use them, misuse them, or abuse them to coverup their crimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's naked. Notice he didn't reach for his cell phone or wallet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida prison trying to cover up guards’ beating of inmate that broke her neck

In August, four guards at the Lowell Correctional Facility in Marion County, Florida were

accused of beating Cheryl Weimar, a disabled inmate,

so savagely that they broke her neck and rendered her quadriplegic. !
    the old Freddie Gray "corrections" treatmen

tthe attorney representing Weimar in a federal civil rights lawsuit has sought an emergency order from a judge,

alleging that the Florida Department of Corrections is refusing to allow Weimar to be photographed as evidence in the case.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/florida-prison-trying-to-cover-up-guards-beating-of-inmate-that-broke-her-neck-lawsuit/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

4 sadists beating up a woman in jail and breaking her neck? we are shocked beyond belief

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-03-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 'code of silence' killing US police officers

The death of nine New York police officers this year has left family members, law enforcement and politicians pointing fingers and placing blame.

But suicide is a more profound problem, deeply entrenched in police culture.

hundreds of officers across the US who have taken their own lives and left behind a trail of questions.

more law enforcement officers died by suicide than in the line of duty.

Researchers say that police officers are at a higher risk of suicide than in any other profession due to a combination of the intense stress, pressure to conceal emotional distress and easy access to deadly weapons.

In fact, 13 out of every 100,000 people die by suicide in the general population. But that number climbs to 17 out of 100,000 for police officers

Last year 167 police officers took their own lives while 130 have done so this year, with four months left on the calendar,

current estimates could be higher as some families choose not to report the cause of death or instead describe it as accidental.

"We need to change the culture," he told reporters in June.

"We need to make sure that our police officers have access to mental healthcare.

Earlier this year, the Chicago Police Department, the nation's second largest force with 13,000 officers, was forced to confront its own spate of police suicides.

A similar trend is cropping up in other countries where officers are armed with a gun.

nature of the job as part of the equation that leads to suicide.

"They see abused kids,

they see dead bodies,

they see horrible traffic accidents.

And what that means is that the traumatic events and stressful events kind of build on one another."

"We have political conflict.

We have societal conflict.

We have groups at each other's throat all the time.

And the cops get stuck in the middle of all of this stuff," he says.

"So sometimes they're pulled in different directions and they really don't know what their role is."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49503972

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disabled woman now paralyzed after being beaten close to death by prison guards—inmate speaks out

Weimer, 51, is now suing the ins ution. The lawsuit claims:

“One or more of the John Doe Defendants slammed Plaintiff Cheryl Weimar to the ground … while down,

they brutally beat her with blows to her head, neck, and back,” it continued.

“At least one John Doe Defendant elbowed Plaintiff Cheryl Weimar in the back of her neck,

causing her to suffer a broken neck.”

“Under
    FDC policy and procedure, prison officials should have called medical personnel to intervene once Plaintiff Cheryl Weimar declared an inmate medical emergency,” the lawsuit read.

“The more Plaintiff Cheryl Weimar complained of her physical condition, the more angry, aggressive, and violent the John Doe Defendants became.“

Cheryl Weimer, who was already
    physically and mentally disabled before the beating, is still in the hospital under guard supervision.

Andrews believes his client will need round-the-clock care for the remainder of her life and added,

“It was one of the most sad meetings with a client I ever had – she couldn’t talk… I had to write the alphabet out so she could nod and wink and tell me what to do,” he added. “It’s the worst case of prison abuse in Florida I’ve ever seen.”

reports from this incident are concerning, the department’s statement read.

“We’re committed to examing all the details regarding this situation and ensuring appropriate action is taken.”

“Lowell Correctional family, friends and formerly incarcerated have sat silent long enough while our daughters, sisters, mothers, aunts, grandmothers and other women incarcerated in Lowell Correctional Ins ution have been harmed in one way or another.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/8/1884266/-Disabled-woman-nearly-beaten-to-death-by-prison-guards-now-paralyzed-inmates-speak-out?detail=emaildkre

Murderers, sadists, psychopaths from all over must be rushing to sign up as prison guards and get in on safe jobs and the fun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Cops Are Seizing Cash from People Who Smell Like Weed Before They Fly to California

Smelling like cannabis and

buying your ticket right before your flight from this Florida airport

are apparently great reasons for cops to take your stuff.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...ampaign_777491

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUSTED: Philly police commissioner caught wearing T-shirt promoting racist ‘Rodney King’ violence by cops

“The shirt Coulter wore says, ‘L.A.P.D. — We Treat You Like A King.’

The shirt references Rodney King, a black man, who was severely beaten by four white police Los Angeles officers,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/busted-philly-police-commissioner-caught-wearing-t-shirt-promoting-racist-rodney-king-violence-by-cops/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Officers Said They Smelled Pot. The Judge Called Them Liars.

Courts in New York have long ruled that if a car smells like pot, the police can search it. But now, a backlash is mounting.

Police officers can often justify a search with six words:

“I smelled an odor of marijuana.”

Courts in New York have long ruled if a car smells like marijuana smoke, the police can search it — and, according to some judges, even the occupants — without a warrant.

But in late July, a judge in the Bronx said in a scathing opinion that officers claim to smell marijuana so often that it strains credulity, and she called on judges across the state to stop letting police officers get away with lying about it.

“The time has come to reject the canard of marijuana emanating from nearly every vehicle subject to a traffic stop,” Judge April Newbauer wrote in a decision in a case involving a gun the police discovered in car they had searched after claiming to have smelled marijuana.

She added,

“So ubiquitous has police testimony about odors from cars become that

it should be subject to a heightened level of scrutiny if it is to supply the grounds for a search.”

It is exceedingly rare for a New York City judge to accuse police officers of routinely lying to cover up illegal searches,

but Judge Newbauer’s decision does exactly that. Her decision also shows how

marijuana’s status as contraband remains deeply embedded in the criminal justice system

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/n...marijuana.html

another magic cop catch-all magic phrase: "I feared for my life" (so I immediately escalated to shoot 'im dead)

It helps if the driver is black or brown. Put an arrest on record to screw them out of jobs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corpus Christi fat, skin-head white cop de-escalates by shooting unarmed mentally ill black guy in the back

https://www.facebook.com/washingtond...41353660006660

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-16-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUSTED: Trump-loving sheriff tried to murder deputy who caught him on tape making racist remarks

reportedly plotted to murder a man who had a tape of him making racially offensive remarks,

Granville County Sheriff Brindell Wilkins was indicted Monday, based on a recording of Brindell advising a man on how to kill a former deputy who accused him of racist language.

According to court records, the

sheriff told another person to “take care of it” and

“the only way you gonna stop him is kill him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/busted-trump-loving-sheriff-tried-to-murder-deputy-who-caught-him-on-tape-making-racist-remarks/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida police handcuff and arrest 6-year-old because she threw a 'tantrum' at school

the child had been arrested.

Six-year-old Kaia Rolle was

handcuffed,

fingerprinted,

had a mug shot taken, and

was charged with battery.

No, that’s not a typo. Rolle is six years old.

Officer Dennis Turner had been on duty as the school resource officer when he arrested the 6-year-old.

That same day, in an unrelated incident, Turner also arrested an 8-year-old on the same charges.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

just a bad apple cop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Journalist says a CBP officer withheld his passport until he agreed he writes ‘propaganda’

t took a moment for Ben Watson to realize the officer was not joking.

Watson had just told the Customs and Border Protection staffer reviewing his passport that he works in journalism.

Then the seemingly routine Thursday encounter at the Washington Dulles International Airport got tense.

“So you write propaganda, right?” Watson, the news editor at the national security site Defense One, recalled the CBP officer asking.

“No,” Watson says he replied. He affirmed again that he was a journalist.

The officer repeated his propaganda question, said Watson, who was returning from a reporting trip in Denmark.

“With his tone, and he’s looking me in the eye — I very much realized this is not a joke,” Watson told The Washington Post on Friday.

Watson said he got his passport back only after agreeing with the “propaganda” charge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/10/04/journalist-says-cbp-officer-withheld-his-passport-until-he-agreed-he-writes-propaganda/

Like Trash, CBP hires only The Best People

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LAPD searches blacks and Latinos more.

But they’re less likely to have contraband than whites

The analysis, the first in a decade to calculate racial breakdowns of searches and other actions by LAPD officers after they pull over vehicles,comes amid growing nationwide scrutiny over racial disparities in policing.

The Times analysis found that across the city,

24% of black drivers and passengers were searched, compared with

16% of Latinos and

5% of whites, during a recent 10-month period.

That means a black person in a vehicle was more than four times as likely to be searched by police as a white person, and a Latino was three times as likely.

Yet whites were found with drugs, weapons or other contraband in 20% of searches,

compared with 17% for blacks and 16% for Latinos.

The totals include both searches of the vehicles and pat-down searches of the occupants.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-lapd-searches-20190605-story.html?utm_source=Today%27s+Headlines&utm_camp aign=24f4ec90bd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_12_12_COPY_01&utm_medium=email &utm_term=0_b04355194f-24f4ec90bd-80027601

Thread Information