Page 105 of 150 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION ALIGNMENT WITH FAR-RIGHT GROUPS UNDERMINES PUBLIC SAFETY

ing 19th century dimestore cowboys lost in a Macho Man fantasy world

heightening concerns regarding law enforcement’s targeting of minority communities.

But the troubling alignment between far-right movements and the NSA may pose a more endemic threat to racial and ethnic minorities in the U.S. today.

Nearly a quarter of the leadership of the NSA have ties to the far-right

Cons utional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA).

A right-wing network of sheriffs founded by Richard Mack in 2011,

CSPOA’s ideology is rooted in a reading of the U.S. Cons ution which

prohibits almost the entire structure of the current U.S. federal government,

especially its regulatory bodies.

CSPOA sheriffs tend to

endorse
    the transfer of federally-owned lands to county level government,

harsher anti-immigrant enforcement, duh

collaboration with militia,

and nullification, the notion that federal laws can be ignored by local governments at either the county or state level.

seven of NSA’s 30 Board of Directors and Executive Committee leadership

were designated as so-called “Cons utional sheriffs” by the far-right Patriot movement group,

https://www.politicalresearch.org/2019/06/14/the-national-sheriffs-association-alignment-with-far-right-groups-undermines-public-safety/

Deluded fringe assholes like these are one of the many reasons America is ed and un able

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Guats,’ ‘Tonks’ and ‘Subhuman ’: The Shocking Texts of a Border Patrol Agent

How an Arizona officer accused of hitting a migrant with his truck could put his agency’s toxic culture on trial

Bowen railed against unauthorized migrants who’d thrown rocks at a colleague as “mindless murdering savages” and

“disgusting subhuman unworthy of being kindling for a fire.”

The text message also includes a plea to the president:

“PLEASE let us take the gloves off trump!”

Bowen, now 39, was indicted in May 2018, on two counts — one, a civil rights crime, for what prosecutors call Bowen’s choice to use “deadly force against a person who was running away from him and posed no threat,” and the other, an obstruction charge, for his alleged effort to “cover up his crime.”

the case is already shining a spotlight on a troubled culture at Border Patrol,

the law enforcement arm of Customs and Border Protection,

at a moment when both agencies have been grappling with a surge in migrants, and

faced allegations of widespread wrongdoing, ranging from

physical and sexual abuse of minors to

housing migrants in substandard shelters, including one likened to
    “a human dog pound.”

a work environment in which demeaning epithets, ranging from “guat” to “ ing s,” are common, and in which violence against undo ented border crossers is treated as a joke.

illegal border crossers are referred to as “tonks.”

“tonk” as “the sound heard when a ‘ ’ is hit over the head with a flashlight.”

of undo ented migrants in relation to Border Patrol agents.

“They’re hittable people.”

Bowen’s story changed quickly after he realized the incident could result in serious consequences, the government alleges.

Prosecutors quote a text sent roughly a week later in which Bowen tells another agent:

“I submitted a supplemental report that do ents how it was unintentional, accidental and

I was not familiar with how responsive the acceleration was on those new F-150s etc.”

a colleague appears to joke with Bowen about using oil to intensify the effect of an electrical shock from a Taser:

“Did you… use regular peanut oil while tazing??” the agent asks Bowen.

“For a frying effect.”

Bowen replies: “Guats are best made crispy with an olive oil from their native pais.”

“The men and women of CBP perform their duties professionally and treat everyone equally with dignity and respect.”

Interviews with 1,000 recently deported migrants revealed that

11 percent claimed physical mistreatment at the hands of U.S. authorities — and that

two thirds of the time (67 percent) that alleged abuse was perpetrated by Border Patrol.

“abuse of migrants while in U.S. custody is a systematic problem relating to an ongoing ins utional culture.”

the example of a boy who was observed with a head laceration, closed with three staples, who claimed to have been hit over the head with a flashlight.

“Other children reported being punched, shocked with Tasers, and denied food and medicine. Many described being bludgeoned with flashlights.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-trial-847878/

"a systematic problem relating to an ongoing ins utional culture" ?

LE has systematic problem as an expression ongoing AmeriKKKan white male supremacy culture

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, there are Capitalist corporate cops, pimps, corrupters, spies, infiltrators

600 people on Monsanto 'watch lists' in Germany, France: Bayer

US seeds and pesticides maker Monsanto kept lists of around 600 key pro- and anti-pesticides figures in Germany and France alone, its German parent company Bayer said Monday amid a widening probe.

Bayer has admitted the lists covered politicians, journalists and others across seven European countries and in Brussels.

Bayer's admission adds to the company's woes that have piled up since it acquired Monsanto for $63 billion in 2018—one of the largest in German corporate history—

which has also lumbered it with a massive burden of health-related lawsuits.

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-people-monsanto-germany-france-bayer.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All because the 4 year old daughter carried a doll out of a Dollar store?

You've got to keep the board up to date on what happens to these two pricks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video shows deputies firing 34 shots at car in killing of unarmed man, prompting questions

The unarmed driver, Ryan Twyman, 24, was hit multiple times and would later die at a hospital. A passenger in the car was not struck.

Department policy says deputies should not fire at a moving vehicle, or its occupants,

unless a person in the automobile is “imminently threatening a department member or another person present with deadly force by means other than the moving vehicle.”

The policy states that the vehicle itself “shall not presumptively cons ute a threat that justifies the use of deadly force.”

https://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-sheriff-shooting-ryan-twyman-video-20190620-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

"policies? we don't need no steenkin policies"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.facebook.com/washingtond...8112022793863/

The sadist pig is charged, but will he be punished?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that's sickening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope street justice finds his ass tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI, ICE find state driver’s license photos are a gold mine for facial-recognition searches

A cache of records shared with The Washington Post reveals that agents are scanning millions of Americans’ faces without their knowledge or consent.

federal investigators have turned state departments of motor vehicles databases into the bedrock of an unprecedented surveillance infrastructure.

Police have long had access to fingerprints, DNA and other “biometric data” taken from criminal suspects.

But the DMV records contain the photos of a vast majority of a state’s residents, most of whom have never been charged with a crime.

federal investigators have turned facial recognition into a routine investigative tool. Since 2011, the FBI has logged more than 390,000 facial-recognition searches of federal and local databases, including state DMV databases,

The records show the technology already is tightly woven into the fabric of modern law enforcement. They detailed the regular use of facial recognition to track down suspects in low-level crimes, including cashing a stolen check and petty theft. And searches are often executed with nothing more formal than an email from a federal agent to a local contact

“It’s really a surveillance-first, ask-permission-later system,”

“People think this is something coming way off in the future, but these [facial-recognition] searches are happening very frequently today. The FBI alone does 4,000 searches every month, and a lot of them go through state DMVs.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/07/07/fbi-ice-find-state-drivers-license-photos-are-gold-mine-facial-recognition-searches/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f41a7341f6d6

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Digital Jail: How Electronic Monitoring Drives Defendants Into Debt

For as long as he would wear it,

he would be required to pay $10 a day to a private company, Eastern Missouri Alternative Sentencing Services, or EMASS.

Just to get the monitor attached,

he would have to report to EMASS and

pay $300 up front —

enough to cover the first 25 days,

plus a $50 installation fee.

Over the past half-century, the number of people behind bars in the United States jumped by more than 500%, to 2.2 million.

This extraordinary rise, often attributed to decades of “tough on crime” policies and harsh sentencing laws,

has ensured that even as crime rates have dropped since the 1990s,

the number of people locked up and the average length of their stay have increased.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics,

the cost of keeping people in jails and prisons soared to $87 billion in 2015 from $19 billion in 1980, in current dollars.

politicians on both sides of the aisle have joined criminal-justice reformers in recognizing

mass incarceration as both a moral outrage and a fiscal sinkhole. duh

More than 125,000 people in the criminal-justice system were supervised with monitors in 2015, compared with just 53,000 people in 2005,

Many local judges, including in St. Louis, do not conduct hearings on a defendant’s ability to pay for private supervision before assigning them to it

Without judicial oversight, defendants are vulnerable to private-supervision companies that set their own rates and charge interest when someone can’t pay up front.

can be punished for breaking the lifestyle rules that come with the devices.

A
    survey in California found that juveniles awaiting trial or on probation face especially difficult rules;

in one county, juveniles on monitors were asked to follow more than 50 restrictions,

including not participating “in any social activity.”

For this reason, many advocates describe electronic monitoring as a “net-widener":

Far from serving as an alternative to incarceration, it ends up sweeping more people into the system.

When cities cover the cost of monitoring, they often pay private contractors $2 to $3 a day for the same equipment and services for which EMASS charges defendants $10 a day.

To come up with the money, EMASS clients told me,

they had to find second jobs,

take their children out of day care and

cut into disability checks.

Others hurried to plead guilty for no better reason than that

being on probation was cheaper than paying for a monitor.

With all of the restrictions and rules, keeping a job on a monitor can be as difficult as finding one.

The hours for weekly check-ins at the downtown EMASS office — 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. on Mondays — are inconvenient for those who work.

In 2011, the National Ins ute of Justice surveyed 5,000 people on electronic monitors and found that

22% said they had been fired or asked to leave a job because of the device.

https://www.propublica.org/article/digital-jail-how-electronic-monitoring-drives-defendants-into-debt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida deputy busted for planting drugs on drivers

Wester, who was fired last September, was arrested Wednesday and

charged with 52 counts of racketeering,
    false imprisonment,
    official misconduct,
    fabricating evidence and
    possession of controlled substances,
    among other charges.

He’s accused of indiscriminately targeting innocent drivers and hauling them off to jail after planting meth or marijuana in their vehicles while feigning a “search."

“There is no question that Wester’s crimes were deliberate and that his actions put innocent people in jail,”
    This whole imbroglio started with a prosecutor who remembered that

his duty is not to punish the guilty,

but protect the innocent.

He noticed that Wester, who had been on the force since 2016, had a bad habit of keeping his body camera off.

When he turned it on, the footage often didn’t match what he wrote in his reports.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/7/11/1871051/-Florida-deputy-busted-for-planting-drugs-on-drivers?detail=emaildkre

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    slim Trim lively 60Mg capsule allows to prevent the absorption of a number of the fats that we devour by way of the frame. commonly prescribed for weight reduction or to maintain off the already misplaced pounds from getting again, narrow Trim energetic 60Mg capsule should be coupled with a healthful low calorie diet for most efficient advantages. additionally, the usage of this drug is restrained to adults handiest.visit more information our website: https://www.safetymedpharmacy.com

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undercover Cop Runs Stop Sign And Causes Crash — And Then Arrests The Other Driver

http://digg.com/video/detroit-crash-cop-stop-sign

trashed two cars, plus medical, taxpayers pay

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deputy gangs have survived decades of lawsuits and probes. Can the FBI stop them?

For decades, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has been under pressure to break up tattooed gangs of deputies accused of misconduct.

But senior department officials, county leaders and prosecutors have failed to root out a subculture of inked clubs that pervades the nation’s largest sheriff’s agency.

Now, the FBI has opened an investigation of these secret societies that

seeks to accomplish what high-powered sheriffs, blue-ribbon commissions and millions of dollars in lawsuits over the last 50 years have not:

identify deputies who brand themselves with the matching tattoos and determine whether the groups they belong to encourage or commit criminal behavior.

The FBI probe into deputy gangs spotlights the shortcomings of local efforts, which have mostly been piecemeal, often resulting in investigations that focus on isolated acts of wrongdoing.

The FBI may have the means to discourage participation in the

clandestine gangs that commonly sport ink featuring imagery of skulls and weapons

Each deputy’s design often
    includes a unique number denoting his place in the lineage of lawmen chosen as members.

The groups are said to extract taxes, disguised as fundraisers for good causes, from other deputies.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sheriff-gangs-fbi-inaction-20190714-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Racist Police Officer’ Stereotype May Become A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy

may become a self-fulfilling prophecy for law enforcement officers and lead to increased support for forceful or threatening policing tactics

“Officers who were highly concerned about appearing racist reported lower confidence in their moral authority, and that

led to them reporting more support for using coercive policing while on the job,”

both white and non-white officers were equally likely to be concerned about appearing racist.

The potential negative influence of stereotype threats such as the ‘racist police officer’ should be a concern to all officers and communities.”

“Police are typically trained to use their moral authority

as peace officers to resolve conflicts, but

if that moral authority is called into question,

they may feel they have limited tools to gain compliance,

leading to more harmful actions with potentially disastrous results,”

https://scienceblog.com/508937/racist-police-officer-stereotype-may-become-a-self-fulfilling-prophecy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+scienceblogrssfeed+%28ScienceBlog.com%2 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cops, a little one, choked a big, non-violent, non-threatening knitter to death with an illegal choke hold.

For the cops and Repug DoJ, just another dead knitter whose Life Didn't Matter. Get over it.

Justice Dept. will not charge police in connection with Eric Garner’s death

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-will-not-charge-police-in-connection-with-eric-garners-death/2019/07/16/f5188d84-a761-11e9-86dd-d7f0e60391e9_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0d 61baf32e0e&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    cops, a little one, choked a big, non-violent, non-threatening knitter to death with an illegal choke hold.

For the cops and Repug DoJ, just another dead knitter whose Life Didn't Matter. Get over it.

Justice Dept. will not charge police in connection with Eric Garner’s death

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-will-not-charge-police-in-connection-with-eric-garners-death/2019/07/16/f5188d84-a761-11e9-86dd-d7f0e60391e9_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0d 61baf32e0e&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

& this one is on your Hussein. He was President & his AG refused to file federal charges.

Your regrets are you own, bouts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash president, not Obama

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Lynch authorized the department to move forward with the case, but made that decision so late in her tenure that lawyers and investigators could not take all the necessary steps to procure an indictment. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/loretta-lynch-will-leave-office-without-eric-garner-case-being-resolved/2017/01/13/ee362f4a-d9db-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.806cdfba99be

This was after the NY grand jury didn't do it.

btw, both dubya's and Trash's AGs destroyed their Civil Rights Divisions. Repugs, the Party of Racists, now more than ever.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Lynch authorized the department to move forward with the case, but made that decision so late in her tenure that lawyers and investigators could not take all the necessary steps to procure an indictment. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/loretta-lynch-will-leave-office-without-eric-garner-case-being-resolved/2017/01/13/ee362f4a-d9db-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.806cdfba99be

This was after the NY grand jury didn't do it.

btw, both dubya's and Trash's AGs destroyed their Civil Rights Divisions. Repugs, the Party of Racists, now more than ever.

Like I said:::this one is on your President Hussein & his AG.

Your regrets are your own. I've no sympathy for you.

ADDENDUM:::& I was waiting on you, bouts, all day, to step into this pile.

tee, hee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a single rotten apple, of course

Women in jail endured group strip searches.

L.A. County to pay $53 million to settle suit

During her brief incarceration several years ago, Jessica Almaraz said she was ushered into a dirty bus garage with 60 or so other inmates at a women’s jail in Lynwood.

The inmates, some of whom were menstruating,
    were told to remove their clothes and lift and spread their body parts, in full view of one another.

Deputies yelled degrading comments and profanities as they made their orders. Some laughed.

A judge found the invasiveness of the strip searches —

that the women had to expose their genitals in large groups, without any privacy

violated their 4th Amendment rights.

Now thousands of former inmates, including Almaraz, are eligible to collect a share of a $53-million settlement as part of an agreement filed Tuesday in a class-action lawsuit.

The county does not admit wrongdoing and said in the settlement that the agreement was to avoid the cost of further litigation.

the strip searches are reflective of a rampant culture of abuse that has persisted in the jail for years.

the at ude of deputies is that inmates really aren’t human,”

“If you don’t transform the culture, the problem pops up again.”

tens of thousands of women were strip-searched with intrusive methods and inadequate privacy.

jail officials told the attorneys that installing curtains was “not feasible,”

the jail’s inmate sewing group to make the par ions — at a cost of $4,000

inmates were ordered to bend over and spread their genitalia with their hands — in full view of other inmates — so deputies could inspect their bodies.

Those who were menstruating were told to remove their tampons, which left them bleeding on themselves and the ground.

“What stands out in most of their minds is the really dehumanizing language that the deputies used to them during the strip searches,”

Deputies called skinny women “crackheads” and

heavier women “two tons of fun,” the filing said.

They criticized women for their pubic hair or body odor.

When deputies thought a woman smelled bad ,

they sometimes sprayed Lysol or air freshener on her body.

One inmate ... lost control of her bowels during a search, according to the plaintiffs’ filing. She tried to tell deputies that she carried hepa is, but they did not make an effort to clean up the feces.

hundreds of inmates described the lot as dirty, with trash strewn across the ground, overflowing garbage bins and piles of leaking trash bags. Some saw urine, vomit and feces on the concrete.

ttps://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lasd-womens-jail-settlement-20190716-story.html?utm_source=Essential+California&utm_cam paign=1289613959-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_12_12_COPY_01&utm_medium=email &utm_term=0_6e35f7f85b-1289613959-80115881

Have all the sheriff's deputies have been fired?

American LE is out of control, staffed by sadists, racists, murderers. but it's a expression of American civilization, paid for by US taxpayers.

Thread Information