Page 117 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3728
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life isn't a basketball game kiddo
    Exactly.

She got killed.

You both lost.

Kiddo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She was a right wing terrorist who got what she deserved. I’ve been triggering re s on twitter about it and their reactions are hilarious.
    Did they put you on ignore?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Did they put you on ignore?
    One of the people I doxxed did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the people I doxxed did
    Lol losers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York City Paid an NBA Star Millions After an NYPD Officer Broke His Leg.

The Officer Paid Little Price.

Five years ago, NBA guard Thabo Sefolosha was standing outside a nightclub when he was tackled by five New York Police Department officers, one of whom broke his leg with a baton.

Sefolosha sued, and

the city paid its largest settlement for alleged police brutality in years, $4.5 million.

After all, Sefolosha had to have surgery and couldn’t play basketball for a year.

And a jury had acquitted Sefolosha of the charges against him for allegedly resisting arrest. The whole incident had been caught on tape.

New York City has paid more than $1 billion over the past five years to settle lawsuits against the NYPD

Again and again, the officers faced minimal or no discipline.

https://www.propublica.org/article/n...d-little-price

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Qualified Immunity For Cops Who Made Stuff Up To Justify Seizing A Man's Phone For Twelve Days

cops can possibly hassle people for filming them if they can find almost any reason at all to justify it. On the other hand, it says they definitely cannot take people's property (cameras, phones) just because their nearly unjustified hassling gave them the opportunity to seize it.

Here's the setup for the multiple rights violations, courtesy of the Appeals Court:

Daniel Robbins was recording illegally parked vehicles from a public sidewalk adjacent to the Des Moines Police Station

when officers approached him and asked him what he was doing.

Robbins was uncooperative, and the officers temporarily seized him and his camera and cell phone.

as officers should be painfully aware -- anything they do on public property is observable by the public. The presence of recording equipment shouldn't change a thing.

Robbins refused to identify himself or respond to law enforcement inquiries, explaining “I’m taking pictures because it’s perfectly legal for me to do so.” Lieutenant Leo initiated physical contact when he lifted the back of Robbins’s shirt, grabbed his forearm and placed it above his head, and patted him down.

Robbins repeatedly asked what about his conduct was illegal, and the officers responded that while he was not doing anything illegal, he was su ious.

Detective Youngblut suggested that the officers “just make a su ious activity case . . . [and] confiscate the camera until we have a reason for what we’re doing.”

Swell. If you don't have a REAL reason for doing something, just find ANY reason.

According to the court, Robbins' filming of police was su ious enough to justify this interaction.

But it was not su ious enough to justify the seizing of his recording equipment.

And definitely not enough to justify holding onto it for 12 days.

Under the facts of this case, the governmental interest, presumably to dispel whatever su ion the officers had about Robbins, does not outweigh the intrusion to Robbins. The seizure was unreasonable in the absence of arguable probable cause.

The defendants alternatively argue that Robbins’s uncooperativeness gave them probable cause to seize his property. This argument fails for the reasons stated above.

The defendant officers violated Robbins’s clearly established right to be free of unreasonable seizures of his property, see id., and are not en led to qualified immunity.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20210106/18521446009/no​-qualified-immunity-cops-who-made-stuff-up-to-justify-seizing-mans-phone-twelve-days.shtml

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intelligence Analysts Use U.S. Smartphone Location Data Without Warrants, Memo Says

The disclosure comes amid growing legislative scrutiny of how the government uses commercially available location records.

A military arm of the intelligence community buys commercially available databases containing location data from smartphone apps and searches it for Americans’ past movements without a warrant,

Defense Intelligence Agency analysts have searched for the movements of Americans within a commercial database in five investigations over the past two and a half years,

The disclosure sheds light on an emerging loophole in privacy law during the digital age:

In a landmark 2018 ruling known as the Carpenter decision,

the Supreme Court
    held that

the Cons ution requires
    the government to obtain a warrant to compel phone companies to turn over location data about their customers.

But the government can instead buy similar data from a broker

and does not believe it needs a warrant to do so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/u...ance-data.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "exonerative tense"

TW on the Tacoma vid, it's gnarly.

?s=20

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao, healthcare and a living wage... what does he think this is, a first world country?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do any of Elon Musk's businesses make money?

Not rhetorical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do any of Elon Musk's businesses make money?

Not rhetorical.
    When Will Tesla Make A Profit?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/woodmackenzie/2020/01/20/when-will-tesla-make-a-profit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defund the police. Tyrant costs the city $200K.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video shows New York officer pepper-spraying handcuffed nine-year-old girl

Video released by police showed the girl being restrained after officers were summoned to a family disturbance on Friday.

Crying and shouting “I want my dad”,

the girl was led to a police car and was sitting in the back seat when a male officer told his colleague:

“Just spray her at this point.”

Police proceed to pepper-spray the nine-year-old,

who screams and shouts: “Wipe my eyes, please.”

An office then closes the door to the car.

The video shows at least seven officers were present.

================

Rochester police were already under scrutiny over the death of a mentally ill black man in March 2020. mental health care by cop

Daniel Prude, 41,
    died of asphyxiation after officers put a hood over his head and pressed his head to the pavement for two minutes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...video-incident

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video shows New York officer pepper-spraying handcuffed nine-year-old girl

Video released by police showed the girl being restrained after officers were summoned to a family disturbance on Friday.

Crying and shouting “I want my dad”,

the girl was led to a police car and was sitting in the back seat when a male officer told his colleague:

“Just spray her at this point.”

Police proceed to pepper-spray the nine-year-old,

who screams and shouts: “Wipe my eyes, please.”

An office then closes the door to the car.

The video shows at least seven officers were present.

================

Rochester police were already under scrutiny over the death of a mentally ill black man in March 2020. mental health care by cop

Daniel Prude, 41,
    died of asphyxiation after officers put a hood over his head and pressed his head to the pavement for two minutes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...video-incident
    Demonic...only way to describe it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demonic...only way to describe it.
    Blacks are subhuman dogmeat to the cops, just like browns are to CBP/ICE, and both are governmental/societal expression of White Male Supremacy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOW THE LAPD AND PALANTIR USE DATA TO JUSTIFY RACIST POLICING

In a new book ... details how data-driven policing techwashes bias.

software vendors routinely show up at the department to peddle their wares,

police used an automated license plate reader mounted outside an emergency room to build out networks of victims’ associates.

A sergeant explained that family or friends would often drop off an injured person and then speed away.

With the automated license plate reader, he said, police could use plate numbers to determine who else was connected to the victim, even if there was no other evidence linking them to a crime.

They often increased that to 80 to 90 flyovers for good measure, meaning that many residents’ days were regularly interrupted by the noise of buzzing choppers.

They dubbed the copters “ghetto birds.”

“Surveillance is basically the tip of the policing knife,”

it’s not about public safety when it comes to nonwhite folks. It’s about the content? intent? to cause harm.”

Big data, he added, simply gives police more ways to do that.

The union opposed officers being tracked, he explained. While predictive policing systems had caught average citizens in an opaque dragnet, police grew squeamish when the technology was turned back on them.

The militarization of police accelerated during the 1960s and has continued to the present day,

to the point where even departments in placid American suburbs now have
    armored vehicles, night vision viewers, and bayonets.

“That’s a very visible manifestation of the militarization of policing,” said Brayne. “

But something that’s more invisible is this creep of surveillance software into the daily operations of policing.”

individuals in overpoliced neighborhoods can easily get caught up in a vicious cycle where they are, as Brayne writes,

“more likely to be stopped, thus increasing their point value, justifying their increased surveillance, and

making it more likely that they will be stopped again in the future.”

The goal, one captain told her, was simply to get people “in the system”:

to capture larger and larger amounts of data on seemingly harmless individuals

in the hope that the data would help solve a crime later on.

Once an officer had a person in the system, they could set an alert to automatically track changes in that person’s profile.

cops run the plates of law-abiding drivers stopped at traffic lights, just in case the numbers turned up a record.

Palantir’s technology came in for special praise.

When management was out of the room, police were honest about their doubts. “Looks ing, but it’s worthless,” one sergeant told Brayne of the LAPD’s data analysis infrastructure,

A captain told Brayne that person-based predictive policing was “a civil liberties nightmare” and that he would never adopt it. (His division adopted it after he left.)

https://theintercept.com/2021/01/30/...riven-policing

Palantir, Amazon, Microsoft in the law enforcement business, "big tech a threat to are country"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'What the f--k is wrong with you':

Onlookers shocked when Florida deputy slams student on concrete

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...o-the-concrete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Warrior

Before deputy Clyde Kerr III took his own life Monday outside the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office, he left haunting final words in a series of social media videos.

Kerr, a father and military veteran, was 43 years old.

In Kerr’s videos, he talked directly to the camera on a range of issues, from police brutality against Black people and mental health needs in policing, to division in society and children’s exposure to murder, violence and other negative or traumatic influences. He also describes his struggle to reconcile his iden y as a Black man with his profession while hinting at his impending suicide.

He then went on to call for an end to the drug war, lambasting the fact that police will kidnap, cage, and kill people “for a plant.”

“The countless people who are doing time for [the war on drugs]… how do you make amends for that?” Clyde said rhetorically. “You can’t. You can’t.”

“If this feels right to you as a person, then something is wrong with you,” he said. “Y’all are radicalizing people and then when they get upset and end up going against the system, you come down on them with a hammer.”
    Clyde then goes on to describe how the job of policing needs to change — specifically in regards to mental health. His death is a chilling reminder of this dire need.

“You have one psychological eval as a cop, and that is when they hire you. That is not enough,” he said. “We need at least an annual, every six months, or maybe even quarterly. The stigma on this needs to stop.”

For the second half of the video, just hours before he would end his own life, Clyde lists a number of solutions that he says could fix so many of the problems. He started out by saying police need better training in regards to dealing with the public. Just because this job is difficult, he says, doesn’t mean you get to be a monster.

He then calls for society to come together and put aside their political differences.

“So many people in this country are so caught up in whether they are a Republican or a Democrat that they forgot how to be a decent human being.”
    In a follow up video, Clyde assured people that he is not “crazy” or “on drugs” and that he feels like this act of self-immolation is necessary to change the paradigm within the system. He took his own life to attempt to change the system which drove him to this point.

“I know what people will say but I am in my right state of mind. I need to do this to protest this broken system. If I don’t do this, who will?” he said.

Being a Black man in law enforcement can be difficult, said Lafayette City Marshal Reggie Thomas, the first Black person elected to a citywide position in Lafayette.

Thomas said he watched some of the videos Kerr posted and could tell the man was deeply concerned about the way police work is going. One video that particularly resonated was of Kerr relating a conversation he had with his son in the aftermath of George Floyd's death at the hands of police.

"He had to talk to his son about how you have to react with a police officer," Thomas said. "Nobody should have to have that conversation."

Kerr’s videos have garnered thousands of views since his death and are catalyzing conversation online and in the community about addressing mental health needs and the current state of policing.

Kerr said he was done serving a system that doesn't care about people like him.

"You have no idea how hard it is to put a uniform on in this day and age with everything that's going on," he said.

"My entire life has been in the service of other people ... y'all entrust me to safeguard your little ones, your small ones, the thing that's most precious to you, and I did that well. I passed security clearance in the military ... but that has allowed me to see the inner workings of things."

The videos show a man who professed he was upset by the state of society: “I’ve had enough.”

While Kerr’s videos focused on the outside world, he made small statements referencing personal turmoil. He spoke on the trauma of working the night of Lafayette Police Cpl. Michael Middlebrook’s death and persevering through struggles in his life. According to court records, Kerr and his wife divorced in 2016, reconciled and again divorced in 2020.

But in his videos Kerr insisted, repeatedly, that his decision to kill himself was a conscious choice made in his right mind as a “protest.” He also said the need for “dramatic and bold” action was made clear to him a week before his death and intimated it was part of a higher calling. He said he would “pass this baton to the next guy” if he could, but this was his mission.

Will Sutton: Lafayette deputy Clyde Kerr's 2020 heartbreak, racist 'justice' and our pain

He cited the deaths of Black people at the hands of police: Botham Jean, shot in his own apartment in Dallas in 2018; George Floyd in Minneapolis; Breonna Taylor in Louisville, Kentucky; and Trayford Pellerin, who was killed by Lafayette Police Department officers in August.

"If this feels right to you as a person, then something is wrong with you," he said.

"I understand we have a tough job, but we signed up for this. We need help. Because when you deal with the bottom rung of society, that does not give us an excuse to just do whatever you want, and that's what we're doing and we're not being held accountable."

Last edited: Today at 5:49 PM
    Dap+ QuoteReply

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drunken Cop Crashes Into Home At 70 MPH Killing Dog And Leaving Woman With Broken Legs

https://jalopnik.com/drunken-cop-cra...and-1846230009

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ICE THREATENED TO EXPOSE ASYLUM-SEEKERS TO COVID-19 IF THEY DID NOT ACCEPT DEPORTATION

Amid a rush of deportations, four detainees at two different ICE detention centers said that

guards threatened to put them in Covid-19 wards.

https://theintercept.com/2021/02/06/...um-deportation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.abc15.com/news/local-new...uring-protests

After shooting a protester in the groin, a special team of Phoenix Police officers celebrated the shot with commemorative coins to sell and share.

The “challenge coins” clearly depict the man being shot on the front and have the date of the protest on the back, according to images and photos obtained by ABC15.

This story is part of an ABC15 investigation series led "Politically Charged"

The coins also have the following two phrases: “GOOD NIGHT LEFT NUT” and “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN ONE NUT AT A TIME.”

the good night left nut is also based on a neo nazi logo that says "good night left side"

and PHX is not the only PD in arizona confirmed to have challenge coins rewarding violence either...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Part-time cop, Part-time ST poster

https://gothamist.com/news/nypd-fires-high-ranking-officer-accused-posting-bigoted-comments-online

Deputy Inspector James Kobel, who was responsible for overseeing harassment claims within the NYPD as head of the Office of Equal Employment, was fired Wednesday following an investigation that he repeatedly posted racist, phobic, and misogynistic comments to an anonymous online message board.

Kobel’s firing was first reported by The New York Times.

According to the City Council report released in November, investigators found that Kobel, under the name Clouseau, had described two female police officers of color as "f—cking animals” and a Palestinian-American Muslim lieutenant as a “goat-f**king Palestinian s bag.”

Posts by Clouseau also denigrated Eric Garner as “a morbidly obese, diabetes havin’, high blood pressure ignorin’, asthma havin’, chicken wing eatin’, grape soda drinkin’, loosie sellin’ fat bas ,” according to the City Council investigation. The racist posts also targeted President Barack Obama, Representative Ilhan Omar, and even Mayor Bill de Blasio’s son, Dante, calling him a “brillohead.”

Thread Information