Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason my iPad wont let me type after the link, so adding more in a reply...

Simmons and Zach Lowe go over our offseason (briefly) and then rehash the Finals. Simmons gives the Spurs a lot of respect imo

Skip to 56 minutes.

Warning: they go over the losses in detail. If you do not want to relive game 6 and 7 do not listen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons said he's still tramautized and thinks about Game 6, and he isn't even a freaking Spurs fan. ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons made a good point about using Kawhi more when we couldn't use TP or Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horror, it's the only word to describe game 6, nahh even that not enough strong word to match... there is no single horror movie who can come close in his film and script to the story of game 6... it was the most painfull and devastating thing god could ever invented... and belive it or not it's not only somthing that i would never recover from, never get over of, also with each day pass i'm understand more and more how much terrible this thing is, i'm only getting worst and more hurt with each day,,, i'm truly in situation that i don't know how i could and should carry on living with that feeling...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not going to go anywhere near that podcast. don't need to relive that nightmare, it's too soon. in fact, i don't think there will ever not be a "too soon"

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horror, it's the only word to describe game 6, nahh even that not enough strong word to match... there is no single horror movie who can come close in his film and script to the story of game 6... it was the most painfull and devastating thing god could ever invented... and belive it or not it's not only somthing that i would never recover from, never get over of, also with each day pass i'm understand more and more how much terrible this thing is, i'm only getting worst and more hurt with each day,,, i'm truly in situation that i don't know how i could and should carry on living with that feeling...
    It is only a game, do not take it so seriously.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just logic vs emotion here. Logically, the season the Spurs just had was the best possible outcome short of winning a le. Emotionally it was wrenching to be so close.

People like to act like they would have felt better if the Spurs had been swept in the Finals. Really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys need to snap out of it. Be proud of your team and stop being such babies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just logic vs emotion here. Logically, the season the Spurs just had was the best possible outcome short of winning a le. Emotionally it was wrenching to be so close.

People like to act like they would have felt better if the Spurs had been swept in the Finals. Really?
    Psychology's a , ain't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lot of therapy needed here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a big difference between no chance of winning and being up and letting it slip away.

For example, being up 2-0 against okc and losing 4 straight = okc clearly the better team.

and

being up 5 or so, 28 secs left, and just need to rebound and play the fouling game.

Yes its traumatizing.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu said it best, had the Spurs lost Games 6 & 7 by 20+ points, it would have been a much easier pill to swallow as oppose to having the biggest choke in NBA Finals history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons lived through the Red Sox game 6 and it was eerily similar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons made a good point about using Kawhi more when we couldn't use TP or Manu.
    Um, a lot of us said this, I repeated it every page in the game threads, tbh..

Parker and Pop's refusal to go to Leonard when Lebron was guarding Tony was pathetic, tbh..

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu said it best, had the Spurs lost Games 6 & 7 by 20+ points, it would have been a much easier pill to swallow as oppose to having the biggest choke in NBA Finals history.
    The "biggest choke" is being swept. Taking one of the greatest teams of all time to seven games is not a choke. It's an even matchup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "biggest choke" is being swept. Taking one of the greatest teams of all time to seven games is not a choke. It's an even matchup.
    They're not one of the greatest tea of all time...

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a 98% chance to win a le with the trophy being rolled out is an EPIC choke. I can't think of a single sporting event in recent history where a trophy was being brought out and the team gave the game away. Thousands of Heat fans had left the game thinking the series was over and NBA TV was even running championship commercials.

It was a choke and it sucked. No way to sugarcoat it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, as someone who's gone through this twice (2011 WS with the Rangers), I can tell you that everything is ok. Go have some fun; this'll become a simple memory before you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the biggest CHOKE would have to happen to our team as well lol. No other team has .4 on them or some 13 in 35 crap, as lucky as we have been as fans and enjoyed great runs they have the oddest most shake your head losses of any team that I have seen in recent memory! I know the Kings with the Horry shot and Portland has to sting worse though since they never won it all, so we fans are still blessed in knowing they win every year to get that far to have these losses as opposed to being in the lottery every year or falling off after the painful loss and never winning a le.

Spurs have had longevity, if you are that good this long something bad is going to happen here and there, period.
    Having a 98% chance to win a le with the trophy being rolled out is an EPIC choke. I can't think of a single sporting event in recent history where a trophy was being brought out and the team gave the game away. Thousands of Heat fans had left the game thinking the series was over and NBA TV was even running championship commercials.

A choke would to me be turning it over or doing dumb stuff! Some crazy off the wall crap happened two times and every set of events went right for the other team in 28 seconds, yes it was a choke if you think of it that way, but honestly it was some crazy luck too on that shot from Ray and other events that lead to it. Play the small lineup again and be up 5 with 28 seconds left you win 9 times out of ten, no other way to say it but that one time you lose had to be the one they did.
    Last edited by Sean Cagney; 07-09-2013 at 01:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs werent even supposed to be in the Finals, according to "experts." They were a huge underdog. If Miami lost the series it would've been considered a choke...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs werent even supposed to be in the Finals, according to "experts." They were a huge underdog. If Miami lost the series it would've been considered a choke...
    Experts don't know . Spurs were 12-2 in the Western Conference Playoffs. They deserved to be there. Yeah, Heat were the favorites but they weren't overwhelmingly favored.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just fundamentally disagree with that definition of choke. The Heat wanted to win game 6; they took it. The spurs didn't passively surrender it — there were many moments of clutch in the last few minutes for BOTH teams. The Parker layup comes to mind.

Unfortunately, Lebron and Ray Allen were able to hit tough, tough shots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the biggest CHOKE would have to happen to our team as well lol. No other team has .4 on them or some 13 in 35 crap, as lucky as we have been as fans and enjoyed great runs they have the oddest most shake your head losses of any team that I have seen in recent memory! I know the Kings with the Horry shot and Portland has to sting worse though since they never won it all, so we fans are still blessed in knowing they win every year to get that far to have these losses as opposed to being in the lottery every year or falling off after the painful loss and never winning a le.

Spurs have had longevity, if you are that good this long something bad is going to happen here and there, period.

A choke would to me be turning it over or doing dumb stuff! Some crazy off the wall crap happened two times and every set of events went right for the other team in 28 seconds, yes it was a choke if you think of it that way, but honestly it was some crazy luck too on that shot from Ray and other events that lead to it. Play the small lineup again and be up 5 with 28 seconds left you win 9 times out of ten, no other way to say it but that one time you lose had to be the one they did.
    To me that's another reason why PJ's better than Pop. He's much better at winning the close games where luck can go against you. In fact it seems the luck always seems to favor him. There's no way PJ is losing a championship up 5 with 28 sec left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just fundamentally disagree with that definition of choke. The Heat wanted to win game 6; they took it. The spurs didn't passively surrender it — there were many moments of clutch in the last few minutes for BOTH teams. The Parker layup comes to mind.

Unfortunately, Lebron and Ray Allen were able to hit tough, tough shots.
    Pop spotted the Heat with some pretty bad lineups at the at the start of the 4th.

Thread Information