Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    Post Count
    Didn't see this one live, but DAMMMN! That's the end for Silva, he had a of a run.

Meh she is not really bigger than her opponents. Liz was too small but Tate is her size as is Cat and Sara Mcmann her next foe is too.. It's not like Ronda is 5'10 fighting all these 5'3 girls.. All these 135ers are thick and well muscled..
    haha, man she once fought at 145. haha. what do u mean she's not too big. i'm not talking about height. i'm talking in body mass. she's drying out to the max. just like gina carano. have u ever seen carano when she's not in training? she looked as if she was borderline 175 pounds. cuts weight to the max and by the time she gets in the ring, who knows how much she weighs. it's not illegal or anything, but unlike boxing, ufc doesn't post what fighters are weighing on the night of the fight. i used to do it to in my amatuer boxing days, but we didn't get a full day to rehydrate. they'd weigh us in during the morning and i'd have some hours to eat and drink a lot before it was my turn the fight and i could easily put on 6 or 7 pounds while fighting out of my natural weight class. just like adrien broner. he was cutting all of that weight beating up on lightweights, but when he fights someone his size, he was looking average. rousey is the best in the world right now. nobody at 135 is gonna beat her. simple as that, but i'd like to see what she can do with someone her own size.

Post Count
    haha, man she once fought at 145. haha. what do u mean she's not too big. i'm not talking about height. i'm talking in body mass. she's drying out to the max. just like gina carano. have u ever seen carano when she's not in training? she looked as if she was borderline 175 pounds. cuts weight to the max and by the time she gets in the ring, who knows how much she weighs. it's not illegal or anything, but unlike boxing, ufc doesn't post what fighters are weighing on the night of the fight. i used to do it to in my amatuer boxing days, but we didn't get a full day to rehydrate. they'd weigh us in during the morning and i'd have some hours to eat and drink a lot before it was my turn the fight and i could easily put on 6 or 7 pounds while fighting out of my natural weight class. just like adrien broner. he was cutting all of that weight beating up on lightweights, but when he fights someone his size, he was looking average. rousey is the best in the world right now. nobody at 135 is gonna beat her. simple as that, but i'd like to see what she can do with someone her own size.
    I know what you are talking about did you ready my reply? I said all the girls are thick and well muscled in this weight class have you seen Sara Mcmann she is 5'5 and built like a little linebacker you don't think she is cutting serious weight for 135?

Weight cutting is an extreme part of MMA today now more than ever BUT as long as you make the weight that is your weight class. People say the same about Jones being too big for LHW but he has never missed weight or as far as I know even had trouble making the weight. On average the men are putting on 15-20 pounds once they rehydrate back up Ronda is probably doing about the same as are most of her peers.. It's just the way the game is played today..

unfortunately yes. and the amazing thing about mayweather(and i'm not a delusional fan. no way), he shows up fight night barely at the limit. that stuff is never healthy though. it will catch up with them eventually. but no, i don't feel mcmann has the skill level to compete anyway. she loses regardless.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    unfortunately yes. and the amazing thing about mayweather(and i'm not a delusional fan. no way), he shows up fight night barely at the limit. that stuff is never healthy though. it will catch up with them eventually. but no, i don't feel mcmann has the skill level to compete anyway. she loses regardless.
    wtf are you talking about?
    You talking about weight cutting like it's something new in the sport and only few doing it to get an advantage

Post Count
    Some of the extreme weight cutters I do think are bad for the sport. I don't think someone who weighs 190 without much body fat should be trying to make 155 but there is nothing in the rules that says they can't try. And once you get past a certain point you are hindering your performance anyway..

Some of the extreme weight cutters I do think are bad for the sport. I don't think someone who weighs 190 without much body fat should be trying to make 155 but there is nothing in the rules that says they can't try. And once you get past a certain point you are hindering your performance anyway..
    Joe "Diesel" Riggs use to cut from 215 to 170.

Post Count
    I'm not sold on Weidman. I don't think he can beat Vitor, and I really don't think he can beat Mousasi or Machida (especially Machida)
    Weidman is going to absolutely smash Belfort. I see a 4-1 UD or KO around the late third round.

You're telling me this guy can handle Silva's speed and variety of strikes but will have problems with Vitor? Come on now, that dog don't hunt. Weidman is a complete package. It's not like he's only had two UFC fights. This guy absolutely dominated Munoz, and has taken both rounds that weren't knockouts from Silva. A UD over maia is also nothing to dismiss out of hand.

Post Count
    A bit of over exaggeration but if I'm in MMA, I'm only using push/front kicks and that side kick technique bones uses to the knee/thigh area from now on.
    That's silly. Silva was basically throwing haymakers with his feet. Even as fast as he is it takes time to throw the foot out there. Weidman timed it and countered the blow just like you would a roundhouse punch. Silva was y and thought he could get the kick off without setting it up with punches or with Weidman coming forward. Weidman was sitting on that kick because he knows it's Silva's go to for early damage.

If Silva properly mixed his stand up game with kicks and punches to keep Weidman honest, that kick lands flush or at least doesn't snap his leg. But his own corner confirmed he got caught the first time and did it again. Silva is used to being able to simply over match with speed and he couldn't conceive of a fighter being ready for his offensive game. Dumb kick and he paid the price.

Post Count
    Joe "Diesel" Riggs use to cut from 215 to 170.
    You can make a case of Anthony Johnson cutting similar amount of weight and Hendricks is coming down from 210

Weidman is going to absolutely smash Belfort. I see a 4-1 UD or KO around the late third round.

You're telling me this guy can handle Silva's speed and variety of strikes but will have problems with Vitor? Come on now, that dog don't hunt. Weidman is a complete package. It's not like he's only had two UFC fights. This guy absolutely dominated Munoz, and has taken both rounds that weren't knockouts from Silva. A UD over maia is also nothing to dismiss out of hand.
    Silva is on the decline and doesn't have his heart in it like he used to.

Belfort, on the other hand, is looking the best he has in years, and has TRT as his back-up. I'm thinking Belfort TKO's him before Weidman gets him down. I think Belfort is right up there in speed with Anderson.

Post Count
    Hindsight is so conveniently 20/20. He was the favorite in Vegas prior for the fight. And he certainly didn't look slow, Weidman just has exceptional timing.

Belfort, on the other hand, is looking the best he has in years, and has TRT as his back-up. I'm thinking Belfort TKO's him before Weidman gets him down. I think Belfort is right up there in speed with Anderson.
    Youth > TRT. Weidman isn't a slouch standing up by any means. Did you see his counter elbow against Munoz? That was incredibly nasty, and it landed so fast that the ref didn't even see how badly Mark was hurt or the fight would have been ended a lot sooner.

Also, if Belfort is "only" as fast as Silva, that just means he's going to get countered readily by Weidman. Then you'll say, "Well, Belfort is 36 and out of his prime." :P

Post Count
    You can make a case of Anthony Johnson cutting similar amount of weight and Hendricks is coming down from 210
    Hendricks pigs out when not in camp though. He is short if his diet was in check he should be coming down from the low 190's..

Hindsight is so conveniently 20/20. He was the favorite in Vegas prior for the fight. And he certainly didn't look slow, Weidman just has exceptional timing.
    Anderson's peak was about two, maybe three years ago. Weidman didn't look overly impressive. He did good in the first, but if it weren't for that check (yes, hypotheticals), I think it would have been interesting. It looked as if Anderson was getting the better of the stand-up.

Youth > TRT. Weidman isn't a slouch standing up by any means. Did you see his counter elbow against Munoz? That was incredibly nasty, and it landed so fast that the ref didn't even see how badly Mark was hurt or the fight would have been ended a lot sooner.
    That was Munoz. Munoz was overrated from his fight before. He has never been a top fighter, and I'd struggle to say he's above average.

Also, if Belfort is "only" as fast as Silva, that just means he's going to get countered readily by Weidman. Then you'll say, "Well, Belfort is 36 and out of his prime." :P
    Belfort peaked in the Bisping fight, after he fought Anderson. He looked great in his last couple. Rockhold, "Hendo" are no jokes.

Weidman could take him down.. "Rumble" did.. but I haven't seen Vitor this dedicated and motivated in a long time.. it's something he's lacked since he was labeled "The Phenom" way back in the day.

Post Count
    Belfort peaked in the Bisping fight, after he fought Anderson. He looked great in his last couple. Rockhold, "Hendo" are no jokes.
    Just to be clear here... you're saying Silva is obviously past his prime and thus the win shouldn't be considered impressive, but Belfort's win over Hendo is legit? I didn't know a guy that lost two in a row beforehand with his last win coming two years prior was considered a prime fighter at 43 years of age, vs a Champion with 12 defenses in a row and mostly unscathed to boot.

Anderson's peak was about two, maybe three years ago. Weidman didn't look overly impressive. He did good in the first, but if it weren't for that check (yes, hypotheticals), I think it would have been interesting. It looked as if Anderson was getting the better of the stand-up.
    What are you talking about? The reason Weidman won round #1 was because he smashed Silva with a huge right. The fight almost ended then and there. If you think Silva was going to be the same afterward, well, I don't understand how you can say he's out of his prime but could get clocked like that and recover to have any kind of edge going forward. Silva was in trouble in the first fight before he got decked, too.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 12-30-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Post Count
    Weidman was the first guy that was not intimidated with Silva stand up and clowning.
    Seriously - Chael Sonnen had some success standing up and clipped Silva as well, Demian Maia had some as well in the 4th and 5th round.
    Chris had a great gameplan and he has the reach to keep needed distance. In the 2nd fight it looked like Silvas chance was that brutal leg kicks and he just desperately wanted to land them and thought he can do it with impunity.
    Chris had that in check and Silva could not surprise him with anything.

Anderson lost 1st round 10-8 in my card - Weidman could do more then Sonnen on the ground just because he is stronger and has better JJ but both guys could take Silva down and hold him there. Chael though was unable to take him down later in the fight cause he had no set ups standing up and that frustrated him.
    Weidman can stand with anybody but it would be not smart to stand and bang with Vitor who is vicious as his last few fights.

Silva will comeback for one more fight......SILVA VS GSB. Way too much money out there to be made on this fight. You'll see one more fight from both of these guys for a massive payday. I'm calling it now.

Post Count
    Silva will comeback for one more fight......SILVA VS GSB. Way too much money out there to be made on this fight. You'll see one more fight from both of these guys for a massive payday. I'm calling it now.
    No way, this fight already lost it's hype

That year was a good year to me as a fan.
    Pettis became champion
    Cain remained dominant and put JDS away
    Silva lost - twice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GSP still winning
    And overall many superb fight

I wished maybe that Jones, Aldo, Barrao lost but you can't have everything

Is normal

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I've always been a big Silva fan. I understand why people werent/arent, but I'm pulling for him. With that said, I think we've seen the last of Anderson as a champion. If he loses this fight, I suspect we will have seen the last of him in the octagon.
    Preach on, brother.

Hopefully Weidman can now end Vitor's career - I'm tired of that roided up POS.
    Holy , this.

little bit premature to say that don't ya think? anderson wasn't doing bad until that point.. and imo was winning the second. he busted up weidman and landed some nice knees...

regardless i have vitor winning the rematch
    Are you ing stupid? Had it not been Anderson Silva getting his ass kicked, Herb would have stopped that fight in the first round. Weidman essentially had the flash knockout and added several more for good measure. If getting completely dominated and almost getting knocked out is "not doing bad until that point"... then I don't know what to tell you.

Couture/Sylvia
    Evans/Liddell
    Franklin/Liddell
    Hughes/GSP II
    Edgar/Penn II
    BWAHAHAHA, who the is this guy? Go back to the Laker's forum, ass wipe.

At this point, it's not worth responding, but I seriously do want you to consider getting a chromosome audit.

Preach on, brother.

Holy , this.

Are you ing stupid? Had it not been Anderson Silva getting his ass kicked, Herb would have stopped that fight in the first round. Weidman essentially had the flash knockout and added several more for good measure. If getting completely dominated and almost getting knocked out is "not doing bad until that point"... then I don't know what to tell you.

BWAHAHAHA, who the is this guy? Go back to the Laker's forum, ass wipe.

At this point, it's not worth responding, but I seriously do want you to consider getting a chromosome audit.
    this dude right here is a in tool ^ he literally just talked this entire post, without refuting anything.

he mad b/c i actually know something about MMA... and anderson was not out in the first round. that's why the fight wasn't stopped. it's called being rocked

Trout with the truth bombs

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    this dude right here is a in tool ^ he literally just talked this entire post, without refuting anything.

he mad b/c i actually know something about MMA... and anderson was not out in the first round. that's why the fight wasn't stopped. it's called being rocked
    There's no dispute that I'm a tool, and it's not talking if the fool it's being said to actually is the ing moron that is being shat upon. You, sir, fit that bill.

As far as being "mad b/c" you "actually know something about MMA", sure, whatever you say boss. You have made it clear, in this very thread, that you couldn't fill a mouse's ass hole with everything you "know about MMA". Knowing, having an opinion, and being totally ing wrong and/or stupid are light years apart; maybe take a deep breath and realize that you're pretty damn dumb.

Two words for you: Laker's Forum

Post Count

Trout has his uh problems.. But he loves him some MMA..

Thread Information