Born: June 20, 1983
    Height: 6 ft 8 in
    Weight: 210 lb
    College: Stanford
    Years Pro: 8
    Current Club: Brooklyn Nets

Info

If everything dries up, SF depth?

Would work defensively and since he wouldn't have to play big minutes his offensive limitations could be hidden.

Childress and Kawhi on the court at the same time, scare opponents with the Fro/"rows" combo.

Last edited by ace3g; 08-30-2013 at 01:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is good defensively but he can't shoot to save his life. I wouldn't mind him for the min, even though I don't think he fits the team well with his lack of shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is good defensively but he can't shoot to save his life. I wouldn't mind him for the min, even though I don't think he fits the team well with his lack of shooting.
    Actually, he sucks defensively AND can't shoot. He's the opposite of what teams are now looking for: NO-3 NO-D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, he sucks defensively AND can't shoot. He's the opposite of what teams are now looking for: NO-3 NO-D.
    Nah he is a good defender. And he actually has nice tools to be a good defender (great size, athleticism and length).

He has played like since he got that fat contract from PHX , but I don't think he was used properly. He is a slasher that loves to make cuts off the ball. That was not the way he was playing (or trying to play) in Phoenix.

Either way, I don't think he is a good fit. SA needs someone that can shoot 3s and Josh can't, simple as that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Childress Narrows Interest To Three NBA Teams
    Free agent forward Josh Childress is receiving strong interest from three teams on a potential veteran’s minimum deal, a league source told RealGM.

Childress has focused his career on the NBA, and he rejected a lucrative offer from Olympiacos this offseason for an opportunity to stay in the league, a source said.

At 6-foot-8, Childress established himself as an active defender and slasher in four years with the Atlanta Hawks, but he averaged just one point in 14 games for the Brooklyn Nets last season. The Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings are known as firm suitors for wing free agents.

Childress, 30, has averaged 9.2 points and 4.8 rebounds over seven NBA seasons.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...hree-NBA-Teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd rather see the spurs sign thomas than childress. but i don't think childress would be horrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imho, if he could fix his shooting with Chip, he could become a more than decent player in our system...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jorge Sierra: Josh Childress is working out in New Orleans for the Pelicans this week, agent Chris Emens told HoopsHype. po.st/vREYT9 Twitter Hoopshype

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been awful since he returned from Greece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HoopsHype @hoopshype Josh Childress will work out for the Cavaliers and Spurs over the next two weeks, agent Chris Emens told HoopsHype.
    12:38 PM - 27 Aug 2013

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know he was 30. If you are 30 and haven't learned to shoot...yuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While only a workout, this isn't the first time Childress has been linked to the Spurs, so clearly they think he could work in the system despite his shooting deficiency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the advanced metrics love him, tbh... they want to see if those translate to rotation PT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    found this, apparently from late August; for some charity event with kids/local basketball team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    found this, apparently from late August; for some charity event with kids/local basketball team

Was that Bubbles from the Wire? Also, was he really dunking on 8 year old kids?!?! haha!
    Reminds me of this SNL skit: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...ed-way/n12129/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington cut him in order to have roster space to do that 3 for 1 trade yesterday.

Thread Information