Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i thought it was really good. every marvel movie is being held up to the standards of the first avengers flick, which was arguably the most entertaining comic movie ever. dark knight probably the best flick from all comic movies, but avengers a more fun ride

really liked the vision

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just saw it with my boys. Great flick!

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was good
    Ultron was defeated way too easily IMO.
    He basically got his ass handed to him in every fight.

When he called out Thor, I was expecting at least a solid choreographed 3-5 minute fight scene, like Cap and Winter Soldier esque

Also the scenes where Scarlet Witch goes full force coulda been more violent, I mean come on they're just robots show some violence

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It was good
    Ultron was defeated way too easily IMO.
    He basically got his ass handed to him in every fight.

When he called out Thor, I was expecting at least a solid choreographed 3-5 minute fight scene, like Cap and Winter Soldier esque

Also the scenes where Scarlet Witch goes full force coulda been more violent, I mean come on they're just robots show some violence
    Ultron was fun, but he was too "humanized" tbh

I thought he would be more badass

Vision is the only one who can really beat him, and he did weaken him in the movie

I loved SW's first action in the movie, disappearing behind that door after taking down Cap, that was creepy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ultron and vision were both funny

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last edited by Darius McCrary; 05-03-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: double

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    I was expecting at least a solid choreographed 3-5 minute fight scene, like Cap and Winter Soldier esque
    tbh that movie had the best fight scenes in all the marvel movies. imo. tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    The main villain gets whipped in every fight they are in? Hmm, where have I seen that before?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Transformers had some great fight scenes too. What a great popcorn flick. Everyone knows the movies that make the most money are the best. Democracy. America.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    did anyone else notice that falcon got pigeonholed into the movie at the last minute. He only interacted with Cap at the party (i.e. it was filmed at a later date) and if he was in the original draft he prob would have appeared alongside war machine. Also the whole let's introduce a new guy just so when we actually kill somebody, it's the new guy" plot device wasn't really needed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    did anyone else notice that falcon got pigeonholed into the movie at the last minute. He only interacted with Cap at the party (i.e. it was filmed at a later date) and if he was in the original draft he prob would have appeared alongside war machine. Also the whole let's introduce a new guy just so when we actually kill somebody, it's the new guy" plot device wasn't really needed
    They went back and forth on Falcon, then had to take off 1 superhero because they had already added Rhodey, the Twins and Jarvision

It was cool to see him getting red wings in the end though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Whoa whoa whoa with the spoilers!!!! Intron gets defeated??? Thanks guys!

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched this mostly to see what they did with The Vision - it didn't disappoint. He was handled well, I think.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Why was Agent Coulson not in it at all?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Spoiler alert. He died in the first avengers movie.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Spoiler alert. He died in the first avengers movie.
    He was brought back to life and has been the main character of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for 2 years now, which directly ties in to the Avengers movies. Last week's episode ended with him on a video call with Maria Hill and they talked about how they located the scepter, which is why the movie began with the Avengers fighting the Hydra base to retrieve it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    He was brought back to life and has been the main character of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for 2 years now, which directly ties in to the Avengers movies. Last week's episode ended with him on a video call with Maria Hill and they talked about how they located the scepter, which is why the movie began with the Avengers fighting the Hydra base to retrieve it.
    Nope, he died.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    probably has too much to deal with himself.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw it about an hour ago.

Hawkeyes home life...why???

But....the special effects and the ZapBOOMZap.....as good it gets, so....well worth the time/$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Couloson telling Hill to send in the Avengers was pretty cool

And Raina seeing "men of metal destrying the World" was nice too; the actress who plays her is really good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah the only weak part was the Whole Hawkeye cabin family thing.
    Very out of place and unnecessary

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Neccessary to slow the movie down. Can't run at 9-10 the whole time. But I agree, definitely out of place.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I agree

More important stuff didn't make the final cut, but let's used that screen time to show HE's family

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    pretty damn good. Too much humor per the usual, especially in the action scenes. It never feels like anyone's in danger or even has a hard time fighting.

Saw it, a wee disapointing, but in a "not as good as the first, but still better than most" kinda way.
    I liked the action but the first one was better. I'd give it a 7.
    it had so much more going on than the first. Deeper characters, better action, and even though Ultron wasn't as intimidating as he should've been he's better than Loki imo. Loki felt like a Disney villain

i thought it was really good. every marvel movie is being held up to the standards of the first avengers flick, which was arguably the most entertaining comic movie ever. dark knight probably the best flick from all comic movies, but avengers a more fun ride

really liked the vision
    WHAT?! First off, I'd give the best Marvel nod to Iron Man 1, Cap 2, and then Avengers. Second, Dark Knight is in another class of movie than every other comic book movie. Finally, just cause it has brighter colors and more humor than the Dark Knight doesn't make it more entertaining. It's like comparing The Godfather to some average shoot em up with a lighter tone.

Transformers had some great fight scenes too. What a great popcorn flick. Everyone knows the movies that make the most money are the best. Democracy. America.
    They really are in that same category. Better in the characters and cutting down on terrible cliches, but nothing incredible in the end

Neccessary to slow the movie down. Can't run at 9-10 the whole time. But I agree, definitely out of place.
    they could've done a lot more character development without some lame half-ass family. I liked the longer conversations throughout the movie but the family was too much

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    you are en led to your opinion

Thread Information