Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care about the excuses, he came back before playoffs began and was in shape, just couldn't win without Rodman's rebounding. When they had Rodman next year they spanked Orlando.
    The point was, he was obviously not in shape.

It was the only year out of 11 straight years he did not lead the league in scoring.
    His per minute scoring was the lowest in any one of his other seasons with the Bulls.
    It was the only year out of 9 straight years he did not lead the league in win shares per 48 minutes
    He had by far the year he had his lowest PER in any Bulls years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kool aid le is somewhat right if, you go by one on one matchup.
    That is cherry picking to the extreme.

Why pick only 86 to 88? They were not Bird's best years, as he won his three straight MVP years from 84 to 86. In fact, Bird played 4 out of 6 possible games in 87 to 88.

Let's look at all the numbers.

In 84 to 85, Jordan averaged 32.5 ppg, 7.2 reb and 5.5 assists vs. Bird, who had 23/6.2/2.8. And that was Bird's MVP season and Jordan's rookie season.
    85 to 86, Jordan had 20/2/1 vs. 32/6/8. Jordan only played one game in the year where he broke his foot.
    86 to 87, Jordan had 29.7/5.5/4.8, Bird had 33.8/7.8/7.5
    87-88, Jordan had 39.3/4/7.5, Bird had 33.5/9/6.3
    88-89, Jordan had 52/3/2 (and 9 steals), while Bird had 18/10/6. This is the year where Bird was really hampered by injuries, and was never the same since.
    89-90, Jordan had 32/7.3/7.7, Bird 29.3/8.3/7.7
    90-91, Jordan had 37.5/7/7.8, Bird 23/10.3/4.8
    91-92, Jordan had 30/8/4.7, Bird 16/4.7/6.3

Overall, Jordan 33.5/6.1/5.8, Bird 26.9/7.7/5.8

Sure Bird was hampered by injuries in most of those games, but even when we look at the 3 years where both of the players were healthy, Jordan bettered Bird in 2 out of the 3 years, and that is taking into account that one of the year was Jordan's rookie year.

In terms of records, it's no secret Bird had McHale, Parish, DJ and Ainge, while Jordan had Oakley (good player), Dave Corzine and Orlando Woolridge. I mean, give me a break.

I have always thought that Bird was underrated, and still maintained so. Bird, in his three MVP years, was every bit as dominant as Jordan and Shaq was in their peaks, with all three more dominant than Lebron is now. That said, Jordan simply had a much longer peak due to luck (as in less injury issues).

In H2H during healthy years, I would say they were tied, with a slight advantage going to Jordan.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Larry Bird gets underrated a lot in all time discussions.

Bird > Magic without question imo, and anyone who says Bird isnt top 5 all times is a moron. He is top 3 in my book, behind only MJ and Kareem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bird > Magic without question imo, and anyone who says Bird isnt top 5 all times is a moron. He is top 3 in my book, behind only MJ and Kareem.
    For once, I actually agree with you

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's kinda hard for me to compare Bird and Magic. I mean, Magic's stats are nice and he won 5 rings, then again he had Kareem while Bird also had HOFs like McHale. Honestly I think Magic and Bird are equal in terms of all-time rank, they both dominated the 80s.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's kinda hard for me to compare Bird and Magic. I mean, Magic's stats are nice and he won 5 rings, then again he had Kareem while Bird also had HOFs like McHale. Honestly I think Magic and Bird are equal in terms of all-time rank, they both dominated the 80s.
    If I was building a team, I would build around Bird before building around Magic, every time.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What up nigras?

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you played 1 vs 1 with your draft pick already? Did he let you win?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dear God, look at all the massive anal hemoraging I have caused.
    lol

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    I swept Jordan twice. And if it weren't for my back and my Pippens dying (Len Bias / Reggie Lewis), I would've kept kicking his ass all through the 90's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth nukes

Jorbum is a fraud, needed the diluted 90s, the referees and MVPippen to be successful

Pathetic

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I swept Jordan twice. And if it weren't for my back and my Pippens dying (Len Bias / Reggie Lewis), I would've kept kicking his ass all through the 90's.
    one of the best trolls here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabbar > Bird >> Jordan that about ends argument

Thread Information