Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has joined French National team and given a press conference . Even if the majority of it is about FNT and isn't interesting, I find that some extracts are worth being shared with you.

How are you physically before the start of the training for the Euro?
    I'm happy to be with the FNT. I'm ready to start. I'm feeling well physically even if I had a lot of off the court work to do lately. I'm not feeling too tired.

It seems that your workload will be lighten at first?
    We will try to get better alongside the training. I've talked with the coach and he said that he will give me a little rest regarding the friendly games and practices but I am ready to start.

Were you the one asking for that light schedule or is it what the coaching staff want?
    It's coming more from the staff. They want to do like Pop does with Spurs where I only play 10 minutes per game in preseason. The most important is for me to be ready for the Euro and not the friendly games before.

You have been for 12 years with FNT. Have you ever hesitated to come this summer after the NBA Finals?
    I haven't. It was damn sure I would come. I've always loved that. As I've already said, I will take some rest once my career is over. I will then have time to take some holidays and see the family. And it's either being with the FNT or being on the tracks with Spurs physical trainer so I rather be with FNT.

FNT captain, Boris Diaw, told that the goal was to get the gold medal?

Boris is unaware. That's why he said that. He, he is eating and enjoying life. Me, I'm watching games and I'm realistic (laughs). More seriously, everything is possible in an Euro. We have the talent to be a surprise team.

With the Euro coming, is the NBA finals over in your head?
    It will never be over. It's the biggest loss of my career. When I will be 90, I will die saying "argh, game 6". That's how it is. It's the beauty of sports. Sometimes, it's wonderful, sometimes it's cruel. This time, it was cruel for us. I will never be able to get over this loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Argh, game 6.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sentiments exactly, game 6. I knew the handwriting was on the wall when the WHOLE team pissed away game 6, but that is life, and as a fan, I'm quite sure I'll get over it a lot faster than the team members will, I've experienced worse with the Spurs over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris is unaware. That's why he said that. He, he is eating and enjoying life. Me, I'm watching games and I'm realistic (laughs). More seriously, everything is possible in an Euro. We have the talent to be a surprise team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and myself are going to suffer til the end of our life because of that game 6, we can't even describe to you how cruel and big of a suffer that is, there will not gonna be a single day without suffer...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP like kobyz and a few of us is honest about the Finals, having little to no filter is one of his best qualities imo, he only goes full PC when potential fines are involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious to know if TP and Tim still trust Pop after that game tbh, don't think we'll ever get the answer to that one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im so en glad...cause im still not over it....every day i think about ...no bull

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and myself are going to suffer til the end of our life because of that game 6, we can't even describe to you how cruel and big of a suffer that is, there will not gonna be a single day without suffer...
    Jesus, dude, get over it, tbh.

Yeah, it sucks, but you have to move on. You're acting like your wife died or something.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious to know if TP and Tim still trust Pop after that game tbh, don't think we'll ever get the answer to that one...
    Why wouldn't he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he benched them, especially Tim...

He didn't let a top 10 player in his career defining Finals decide his own fate... Tim at the end of the Golden State series when he was benched said something along the lines of "we won so it's fine, had we lost it'd be another story" so yeah imo there's a real possibility that they don't trust him anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, TP is unique person, all soul, love him so much and that makes me even more sad... what a magnificent season it was by him, how he carry us in the playoff, unbelievable player! he is not deserved for this kind curse situation, not only game 6 but also that miserable injury caused by getting late to the game thanks to traffic, how is that not a curse? who know how it all ends up if not...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw's fat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, dude, get over it, tbh.

Yeah, it sucks, but you have to move on. You're acting like your wife died or something.
    How in do you soppose to move on from this??!?? It's the biggest missing feeling in the history of mankind... there is not one day without me hurting this loss, collapse and tormented... Sometimes to miss something so wonderfull, biggest happiness and heaven in my case, in a most cruelly and cursing way is not less hurting than to lose someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in do you soppose to move on from this??!?? It's the biggest missing feeling in the history of mankind... there is not one day without me hurting this loss, collapse and tormented... Sometimes to miss something so wonderfull, biggest happiness and heaven in my case, in a most cruelly and cursing way is not less hurting than to lose someone.
    Dear god... Chill and relax

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh 'ca mon, give me a break, you need to go back to school and learn something useful.
    Whine, whine, whine!
    Grow up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im so en glad...cause im still not over it....every day i think about ...no bull
    Me too. I'm not letting it ruin my personal life or anything but I've thought about it every day. Keep replaying it over and over. It would have been SO much easier to swallow if LeBron hadn't had those TOs that led to us getting that lead. The reason it's so painful is that we actually started celebrating and then let it slip away. If the Heat had just stayed in control at the end and put it away it would not have been so hard to just say they executed better down the stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been pretty much over it for awhile now but I dont think I'll ever forgive Pop for benching Timmy at the end.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I have been pretty much over it for awhile now but I dont think I'll ever forgive Pop for benching Timmy at the end.
    This. The loss doesn't hurt as much but I will never understand Pop's decision to take Timmy out of the game. I can point out a lot of mistakes but this one just takes the cake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never probably get over that loss, but I'll die in solace knowing that we were good enough to beat the Heat. We weren't winning the series because we were lucky, it was because we were a good team. One of our best players played like crap, the other was hobbled and the other was old and we still put the Heat on the ropes. That's a pretty darn good team right there. No matter what, I'll always be proud of my Spurs.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never probably get over that loss, but I'll die in solace knowing that we were good enough to beat the Heat. We weren't winning the series because we were lucky, it was because we were a good team. One of our best players played like crap, the other was hobbled and the other was old and we still put the Heat on the ropes. That's a pretty darn good team right there. No matter what, I'll always be proud of my Spurs.
    I completely agree. Well put.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shows you never had in your life, looking to a game for happiness you don't even play. Good lord you need some hobbies or a girl or a job or some .
    Your damn right.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread feels like a therapy session tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to his suicide thread?

Thread Information