Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So am I the only one who wants the people who yell stupid right after a shot to die in a fiery inferno?

Apparently not http://deadspin.com/ian-poulter-curr...how-1102091685

Ian Poulter had a rough go of it at the PGA Championship—not as rough as Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson did, but bad enough that he was well out of contention on Sunday. This has allowed him ample time to air out fans who yell things at golf tournaments, and get a response from Howard Stern.
    RT @Gibbons_89 @IanJamesPoulter do people who shout things like "mashed potato" irritate pros? >> yes they are bell ends.
    — Ian Poulter (@IanJamesPoulter) August 10, 2013
    RT @StevenBarrett05 Whats with all this "Babba Booey" people are shouting? >> It makes up for there inadequacy in other areas.
    — Ian Poulter (@IanJamesPoulter) August 10, 2013
    We should be allowed to take 10'000 volt tazers onto the course and tazer ever muppet who shouts out something stupid. I would laugh then.
    — Ian Poulter (@IanJamesPoulter) August 11, 2013
    RT @spendyal @IanJamesPoulter What’s next for you, professionally? >> Winding people up.
    RT @elkpga There called Patrons @IanJamesPoulter ... Not Muppets. >> Elk go crawl back under that rock of yours with all your mates.
    This baba boo & mash potato crap shouting wouldn't happen at Augusta, The Open, nor would it happen at Wimbledon. Tazer the thrushes.
    That last one was popular enough for this to happen.
    it's spelled Baba Booey rt @IanJamesPoulter This baba boo wouldn't happen at Augusta, The Open, nor Wimbledon. Tazer the thrushes.
    — Howard Stern (@HowardStern) August 11, 2013
    But Twitter is more Poulter's milieu.
    RT @HowardStern it's spelled Baba Booey >> How have you only just got more followers than me. I thought you was big time. Hahahaha
    Follower check: As of this writing, Poulter is at 1.528 million, and Stern at 1.469. The man with the loud pants is improbably one up on the King Of All Media.
    Ian Poulter's twitter account is well worth the follow https://twitter.com/IanJamesPoulter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Furyk gave somebody a death glare around hole # 15 or 16 (IIRC), and it mostly stopped. Rochester bags showing their class, tbh

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Most of those morons are Eldrick stans (the type who know little about golf), they pull that at non-majors too.... "YOU'RE NOT TIGER!" is another common "chant" when a non-Eldrick golfer is teeing off....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of those morons are Eldrick stans (the type who know little about golf), they pull that at non-majors too.... "YOU'RE NOT TIGER!" is another common "chant" when a non-Eldrick golfer is teeing off....
    I heard that last week when Stenson teed off at Bridgestone, and i wanted to just ing rip the guy to shreds. I really hope i can go to an event soon and yell "SHUT THE UP" after someone does it. I bet i'd get a standing O.

And yeah, you're right, it's all Tiger's fault. He definitely always encourages the mashed potato yelling and never gives anyone really cold death stares after they do it. It definitely isn't on the course marshals and PGA officials to keep this crap out of the events.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard that last week when Stenson teed off at Bridgestone, and i wanted to just ing rip the guy to shreds. I really hope i can go to an event soon and yell "SHUT THE UP" after someone does it. I bet i'd get a standing O.

And yeah, you're right, it's all Tiger's fault. He definitely always encourages the mashed potato yelling and never gives anyone really cold death stares after they do it. It definitely isn't on the course marshals and PGA officials to keep this crap out of the events.
    May be better to just ignore it on Tiger's part, they would prob go nonstop if he did acknowledge

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Didn't say it was his fault, tbh....

The dumbasses who scream that have clearly never picked up a golf club in their lives, because they don't seem to get that golf is supposed to be a game of quiet concentration, tbh.....

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Didn't say it was his fault, tbh....

The dumbasses who scream that have clearly never picked up a golf club in their lives, because they don't seem to get that golf is supposed to be a game of quiet concentration, tbh.....
    These guys pay hundreds of dollars to get in to these matches just so they can go home and turn their DVR on and hear themselves scream....Fricken losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys pay hundreds of dollars to get in to these matches just so they can go home and turn their DVR on and hear themselves scream....Fricken losers.
    Thats exactly what it is. They think that they are being funny and cute, but none of what they say is original and they are literally acting like some 12 yr old who just can't control themselves and have no manners. The PGA/USGA could definitely fix this with a strict policy where they kick people out of the event and don't refund the ticket prices for being s, but they're more concerned with making players MORE nervous by putting them on the clock and handing out penalty strokes for slow play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats exactly what it is. They think that they are being funny and cute, but none of what they say is original and they are literally acting like some 12 yr old who just can't control themselves and have no manners. The PGA/USGA could definitely fix this with a strict policy where they kick people out of the event and don't refund the ticket prices for being s, but they're more concerned with making players MORE nervous by putting them on the clock and handing out penalty strokes for slow play.
    Way too late tbh, they shoulda stopped it at Crooked Stick w/Daly when it started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^just like the upcoming anchored putter ban. I think most agree that every guy should be doing it the same basic way, and that the anchored putter is just not real putting, but the time to ban it was when it first appeared, not now when there are guys that have been using it their whole careers just because a few long putters won some majors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too late tbh, they shoulda stopped it at Crooked Stick w/Daly when it started.
    Phoenix Open is the other tourny where it gained traction. Only compe ion on tour where the gallery more closely resembles a frat party. got ASU bags make it almost unwatchable

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure there's a rule against using a pool cue on the greens, so I'm not even going to ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure there's a rule against using a pool cue on the greens, so I'm not even going to ask.
    doesn't work quite the same on a dimpled ball anyway tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. At the Valero Texas Open back in April McIlroy was having a great tournament (I think he got second) and some jerkoff started yelling "Good shot Tiger!" and "Go Tiger!" at Rory on the 16th or 17th green on Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duf Daddy on Howard Stern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duf Daddy on Howard Stern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So smooth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i won that thing the first thing I'd do is take it into the clubhouse and fill it with my favorite brew.

Thread Information