UFC Fight Night 29: Maia vs. Shields

Date: October 9, 2013
    Venue: Jose Correa Arena
    Broadcast: FOX Sports 1, Facebook
    MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET)

Last edited by ace3g; 10-08-2013 at 11:18 AM.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm sorry for Hamill. He will get a beating again and he was suppose to retire ...

Good in-mid fight card

Post Count
    I admire Hammill for trying to come back but he is done. He had a nice little run for a man coming into MMA so late in life and with his disability..

Shields looks like a ing re in that promo. I don't like him but in a brazil vs USA card brazil every time...unless jon jones is involved

Demian Maia v. Jake Shields - Maia has just been on a tear since he dropped to 170

Erick Silva v. Dong Hyun Kim - Kim is nasty - he'll KO Silva with a knee

Thiago Silva v. Matt Hamill - Sorry, Matt, you're comeback isn't going to work out...

Raphael Assuncao v. TJ Dillashaw

John Howard v. Siyar Bahadurzada

Post Count
    Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields
    maia is now a mma fighter - he got better in all aspects. Both guys are strong at wrestling and JJ. That's why it's so interesting to see where the fight goes as I think Maia is a better striker and faster one. Jake looks really motivated but IMO Maia takes this and is next in line for a le or at least one more win away after this one.

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Erick Silva
    Both dynamic fighters but DHK can make it an awful fight. We will see.

Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva
    I just wish that Matt will not to absorb big damage. The guy loves to fight but lately he got beat up pretty bad. Why coming back from retirement?

Joey Beltran vs. Fabio Maldonado
    Prob a slug fest. I want Jo to win but prob Fabio will take it by intensity. /no prediction/

Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce
    Pierce is worthless. I hate Palhares but I cannot see MIke winning this.

Raphael Assuncao vs. T.J. Dillashaw
    Big chance for a boy.

Post Count
    Demian Maia v. Jake Shields - Maia has just been on a tear since he dropped to 170

Erick Silva v. Dong Hyun Kim - Kim is nasty - he'll KO Silva with a knee

Thiago Silva v. Matt Hamill - Sorry, Matt, you're comeback isn't going to work out...

Raphael Assuncao v. TJ Dillashaw

John Howard v. Siyar Bahadurzada
    Where did you took Howard from?
    I'll not count this to a prediction.

Post Count
    Maia and Kim are going to win big. I actually think Hamill will give Silva a run for his money.

Where did you took Howard from?
    I'll not count this to a prediction.
    Weird, when I was looking at the card on Sherdog yesterday it listed that fight on the undercard, but it's not there anymore...

As a replacement pick I'll take Fabio Maldonado over Joey Beltran

Post Count
    So many cards and changes all the time. It's hard to keep the tack on it.

Hamill can make a hug in a mud kinda fight and if Silva is not in good shape I can see matt having a bit of a chance in the 3rd.

MMAFighting.com @MMAFighting
    My gosh. Palhares submits Pierce via leg lock in about 30 seconds. He also held onto the sub way too long. It was like Royce at UFC 1.

what a punch KO and slip by Stun gun

Post Count
    yea 3-2 with two split loses of mine

it

Palhaes again hold too long ing dip

Good, self control is a part of it. If fighters can stop hitting a guy when told after they rocked him then they can most definitely let go of a damn leg.

Hamill and Thiago looking like a couple of flabby exhausted neighbors settling a feud in the street. I don't know what's worse, Hamill looking like he couldn't lift his arms before the end of round 2 or Thiago not being able to finish him

I'm usually annoyed as when fans start booing fights but that Shields/Maia "fight"

and Dillashaw was robbed by a home crowd decision

Post Count
    Good
    Something had to be done.

This is his thing. He do not let go in time. Never.
    He injured Tomasz Drwal in the same way. Back then he was suspended.

Time to let him go.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    At first I was like, "Son of a , I forgot to record the fights!"

Then I watched them on MMAshare and was like, "Son of a , that card sucked dbreiden's baby- !"

If Fitch can be cut for being a boring bag of , why in the green ing earth does Jake Shields still have a job? I loathe him with a special kind of hate.

Toquinho has mental problems.

Look at what Murilo Bustamente said about him

BTT coach:
    OCTOBER 12TH 2013
    Rousimar Palhares’ former coach Murilo Bustamante, head of the Brazilian Top Team, says he is not surprised about Palhares’ latest controversial incident in the UFC Octagon, nor that he has now been cut by the organization and banned for life.

Speaking to Fighters Only, the esteemed trainer and former UFC champion said that Palhares’ tendency to hurt his training partners was a large factor in their parting ways last year. Palhares is now with Team Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro.

“I wouldn’t normally say anything because usually what happens inside Brazilian Top Team stays inside Brazilian Top Team. But Rousimar has been talking a lot of bulls--t about my team so I feel I am free to say what I think as well,” Bustamante tells us.

“I can say this - nobody ever defended him as much as I did every time he made a mistake like this. In the beginning I thought it was because he was naive or had too much nervous energy during the fights.

“But then he caused a lot of incidents inside my academy during his camps and I changed my mind.

“I got tired of seeing how he hurts people so often when he is sparring, especially when he has a fight coming up. We used to every time it happened, so we argued a lot.

“That was a reason - together with his nonsense excuses every time he lost a fight - that our relationship started to get bitter.

“I actually hired a psychologist to help me with him but, as we have seen, it didn't work.”

Post Count
    Even beyond the legal liability, the UFC is still trying to establish itself as a legitimate sport with staying power. You can't afford to have guys around that cause this sort of thing to happen.

Good decision by Dana White. Sad to see a promising fighter get cut.

Thread Information