adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So a few years ago Pats fans and Cowboys fans here mocked the other side over these two guys. Pats fans mocked the way Cowboy fans jerked themselved bloody after one day of Dez practicing in UnderArmour during OTA's, Cowboys fans mocked Pats fans for not jerking it to Dez.

Now three years later, who is currently ahead?

-Actually both these guys have very similar receiving numbers. Dez has slightly more career catches and yards, Gronk has 11 more career TD's. i give the very slight edge to GRONK here.

-Both guys have injury history, but Gronk's injuries are more severe and serious, edge here to DEZ.

-Both have QB's who don't pass to them enough, due to their reliance on security blankets that, truthfully, are overrated and usually don't make impact plays in clutch situations (Brady/Welker, Romo/Witten). Pats got rid of Welker tho so advantage GRONK.

-Both deal with really ty offensive playcallers who think they're geniuses (Garrett and McDaniels). Garrett at least has some playcalling duties taken away, so advantage DEZ.

-Gronk is an elite red zone target, but Dez is a superior home run play guy while still being great in the red zone. Advantage DEZ.

-Gronk is a dominant blocking TE. Dez can be a good blocking receiver but rarely gives a crap. Advantage GRONK.

-Both have off-field issues. Gronk is stupid to dance on a sprained ankle and wrestle with his re ed brothers right after having surgery, but at least he doesn't get arrested for sagging at the mall or slapping his own mother. Advantage GRONK.

Overall i give the slight edge to Gronk, although his injury proneness could eventually give the edge to Dez.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gronk wont play week 1. Dez will.

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    so far gronks peak has been a lot higher than dez' but who knows if gronk can continue playing with all these injuries? he is a beast though but health is definitely a question mark.

dez has been inconsistent in his time here in dallas, showing flashes here and there but the last 10 games or whatever of last season he went HAM. lets see if he can continue that level of play. there are re s here tho epsecially the radio media that actually think dez will put up a 2000 yard season

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Gronk wont play week 1. Dez will.
    yeah because starting week 1 guarantees a great season! just look at the cowboys last season!

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Gronk has never been ejected from a mall, so advantage GRONK.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Gronk's just too dominant when he's on the field. Dez is good, but when they're both healthy, is he really that much better than Miles Austin? I have to go with Gronk here. Even with his issues, he could easily be a Hall-of-Famer.

Dez never hurt himself blocking for an extra point Advantage: Dez

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Gronk is the biggest difference maker of any position in the game, if it wasn't for the injuries the pats would have two more sb. Dez is good but he can easily be replaced.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gronk is probably ahead....currently. That will change within the next season or 2.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Gronk is the biggest difference maker of any position in the game, if it wasn't for the injuries the pats would have two more sb. Dez is good but he can easily be replaced.
    No. Gronk wasn't going to stop Elite Manning on that final drive, nor was he going to stop that Giants pass rush. at Gronk being a bigger difference maker than an elite QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gronk is probably ahead....currently. That will change within the next season or 2.
    Yeah I think dez could close that gap considerably this season

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah I think dez could close that gap considerably this season
    I believe he will...he looks determined, faster, and seems better focused.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Touchdown dance: Advantage GRONK

You could say without Injuries some other teams would have superbowls as well. It is a part of the game. Dez is very good, he can get alot better too which is scary.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    No. Gronk wasn't going to stop Elite Manning on that final drive, nor was he going to stop that Giants pass rush. at Gronk being a bigger difference maker than an elite QB.
    that's not what i said, what i meant is that the advantage he has against the second best at his position is unique in this league.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You could say without Injuries some other teams would have superbowls as well. It is a part of the game. Dez is very good, he can get alot better too which is scary.
    a torn acl is part of the game, gronks injuries are just weird.. not cryin though, it is what it is but anyone can see the player gronkowski is.

a torn acl is part of the game, gronks injuries are just weird.. not cryin though, it is what it is but anyone can see the player gronkowski is.
    Gronk is a damn beast! I said if he was healthy in that Superbowl he catches that pass in the endzone at the end if he could have gotten to it faster! I still think he would have caught it! I will not make you think of it any further as a fan but I saw him near it, if he WAS 100% he catches the most important pass in superbowl history to catch it IMO, but thats heresay from me and water under the bridge.

Post Count
    Gronk's just too dominant when he's on the field. Dez is good, but when they're both healthy, is he really that much better than Miles Austin? I have to go with Gronk here. Even with his issues, he could easily be a Hall-of-Famer.
    NSIS

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Gronk has never been ejected from a mall, so advantage GRONK.
    /thread

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    has to be Gronk. is literally unguardable with his frame/athleticism/hands

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Both are borderline re ed.

Thread Information