Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    at people on their high horse "not reducing themselves to this"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This, tbh. If anything Kap should be classified as adopted rather than black
    Don't ruin it for them tbh. It'd be like introducing drug testing to collect a welfare check.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    @kaepernick doesn't belong. man i remember a year ago y'all were laughing at his ass and now y'all on his , go figure. too bad!!!

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    This, tbh. If anything Kap should be classified as adopted rather than black
    Yup...given a proper upbringing by the white man.

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Lets be real, we won't see the real rg3 for a few weeks as he still tries to get confidence and shake off the rust. Even AP said he wasn't himself until week 6 last year as we only saw one 100 yard game from him in the first half of the season.

What I did like was griffin playing much better in the 4th going 15-21 and lost in this abortion was he set a career high in passing IIRC. He isn't built to throw 49 times a game tho. 0-2 next week after GB I'm afraid

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    shanahan should have let RG3 get no more than 10 snaps a game during the pre-season so he could shake some of that rust out.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    RGIII will be fine. As already mentioned he just needs to shake the rust off. It was probably the right move to keep him out for all of preseason, but they might lose a couple more games because of that.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    @kaepernick doesn't belong. man i remember a year ago y'all were laughing at his ass and now y'all on his , go figure. too bad!!!

lol Remember when they were calling Kap a n***er last season? Now he's not one after a good week.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol Remember when they were calling Kap a n***er last season? Now he's not one after a good week.
    yup, i sure do remember that. funny part is a couple 49er fans didn't even want to claim him i also remember how they said he choked in the superbowl and teams would figure him out. well he didn't even have to use the read option to beat the packers

its so good to watch them eat crow and jump on his like a trampoline now.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    First off Kaepernick is black.

Second of all the NCAA is loaded with the next wave of black NFL QB's.

For those who don't get it.....

A mobile QB simply adds another weapon to your offense. They have that ability to extend a play, wear the big guys down chasing. The days of the pocket passer is being weeded out.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    First off Kaepernick is black.

Second of all the NCAA is loaded with the next wave of black NFL QB's.

For those who don't get it.....

A mobile QB simply adds another weapon to your offense. They have that ability to extend a play, wear the big guys down chasing. The days of the pocket passer is being weeded out.
    that has been the case for a long time. vast majority of these running qb's haven't panned out. last year was insane because RG3, Wilson, Kaep all broke out. This year could be similar with Manuel and Pryor though

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    that has been the case for a long time. vast majority of these running qb's haven't panned out. last year was insane because RG3, Wilson, Kaep all broke out. This year could be similar with Manuel and Pryor though
    Who didn't pan out that was given a shot at the QB position? Russell wasn't a mobile QB.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Who didn't pan out that was given a shot at the QB position? Russell wasn't a mobile QB.
    troy smith, aaron brooks (Brooks DID have some good years with the Saints though), quincy carter. some dude named Tee Martin actually started a game for the Raiders before. then flameouts like Pat White, Marcus Vick. Joe Webb. there are plenty of guys, but they were so ineffective in the NFL that they didn't play long enough to get noticed

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    troy smith, aaron brooks (Brooks DID have some good years with the Saints though), quincy carter. some dude named Tee Martin actually started a game for the Raiders before. then flameouts like Pat White, Marcus Vick. Joe Webb. there are plenty of guys, but they were so ineffective in the NFL that they didn't play long enough to get noticed
    Not to mention Seneca Wallace, Tavaris Jackson, Colt McCoy, Stephen McGee, Josh Johnson and Dennis Dixon. The first three are barely hanging on as backups, and the others aren't even that lucky. I'm sure the flameout rate for running quarterbacks in general isn't really that much lower than it is for drop-back quarterbacks, but the number of running busts certainly feels higher. I think that's because the college system overhypes them as "dual-threats" when they're usually just the most athletic players on their teams that don't get properly developed due to lack of skill or motivation on their coaches' parts.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Not to mention Seneca Wallace, Tavaris Jackson, Colt McCoy, Stephen McGee, Josh Johnson and Dennis Dixon. The first three are barely hanging on as backups, and the others aren't even that lucky. I'm sure the flameout rate for running quarterbacks in general isn't really that much lower than it is for drop-back quarterbacks, but the number of running busts certainly feels higher. I think that's because the college system overhypes them as "dual-threats" when they're usually just the most athletic players on their teams that don't get properly developed due to lack of skill or motivation on their coaches' parts.
    colt McCoy is black?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    colt McCoy is black?
    Nope. Neither is McGee. Didn't know "running" was a race.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    There have been plenty of notable successes over the last 2 decades or so. Cunningman, McNair, McNabb, Culpepper. Although McNair started winning when he ran less and became "air mncair." culpepper was advertised as a dual threat but his deep ball was his bread and butter. Vick is an aberration tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Nope. Neither is McGee. Didn't know "running" was a race.
    well, we're in the "black quarterback thread" so I naturally assumed

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    yup, i sure do remember that. funny part is a couple 49er fans didn't even want to claim him i also remember how they said he choked in the superbowl and teams would figure him out. well he didn't even have to use the read option to beat the packers

its so good to watch them eat crow and jump on his like a trampoline now.

You ain't talking about me. You can search my history, I've supported Kap since we drafted him, I was a fan of us getting him and think he'll bring the goods. He might have some down moments but overall I feel that he will deliver on his potential.

If anything, your boy Avante called him a gimmick player from the beginning.

It's just ridiculous to claim him as a black QB, but whatever makes you feel better. Good use of the Beverly Hills Cop 2 gif though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not to mention Seneca Wallace, Tavaris Jackson, Josh Johnson and Dennis Dixon. The first three are barely hanging on as backups, and the others aren't even that lucky. I'm sure the flameout rate for running quarterbacks in general isn't really that much lower than it is for drop-back quarterbacks, but the number of running busts certainly feels higher. I think that's because the college system overhypes them as "dual-threats" when they're usually just the most athletic players on their teams that don't get properly developed due to lack of skill or motivation on their coaches' parts.
    bingo.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You ain't talking about me. You can search my history, I've supported Kap since we drafted him, I was a fan of us getting him and think he'll bring the goods. He might have some down moments but overall I feel that he will deliver on his potential.

If anything, your boy Avante called him a gimmick player from the beginning.

It's just ridiculous to claim him as a black QB, but whatever makes you feel better. Good use of the Beverly Hills Cop 2 gif though.
    why not? barak obama has been deemed the first black president when he has a white mother. society has made it to where if one of your parents are black, then dammit your black. it is what it is.

anyways, he considerns himself black and is a member of a black fraternity, kappa alpha psi. true story.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Pryor is a perfect example of this. College coaches nearly ruined his life and career trying to turn him into a dual-threat when he went to college as a pocket passer. His numbers dropped. He got lucky somebody in the NFL saw past that.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Seriously. People don't understand how big of an issue it is. Colleges don't properly develop offensive players anymore. They instead resort to gimmicks that takes advantage of a major dilution of defensive talent and experience. It's not just running quarterbacks. Spread quarterbacks like Landry Jones, Colt Brennan and Graham Harrell suffer too. Spread backs don't have to learn to read the front seven properly to gain massive yards. Receivers don't have to deal with being covered. It's much easier to just gadget your way to victory.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Pryor is a perfect example of this. College coaches nearly ruined his life and career trying to turn him into a dual-threat when he went to college as a pocket passer. His numbers dropped. He got lucky somebody in the NFL saw past that.
    Yeah, he and Newton could have been developed a lot better in college. They both have to size and passing potential to be in the Rodgers-baller category (pocket-passers who can burn defenses with the run but don't run unless it makes sense). But why would you worry about doing that when they can just NCAA Football their way to conference les?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    why not? barak obama has been deemed the first black president when he has a white mother. society has made it to where if one of your parents are black, then dammit your black. it is what it is.

anyways, he considerns himself black and is a member of a black fraternity, kappa alpha psi. true story.
    Obama is a politician and uses whatever side works in his favor. When he wants to sound intelligent and regal, he uses the white person/Carlton voice. When he's campaigning and trying to appeal to lower classes, he uses the black voice.

If Kap considers himself black, then that's fine with me. I just think he belongs in a hybrid class unlike the others, especially since raised by an all white family from ing Wisconsin/Northern Cali. Either way, I've been a fan of Kap from the start and don't consider him a monkeyballer. He's the real deal.

Thread Information