Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Sanikidze might play in Spain with Zaragoza this season. We will see if more sources confirms it in the following hours/days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weeeeeell that sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else wish Italy would not have advanced so Marco can get some rest before the season??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else wish Italy would not have advanced so Marco can get some rest before the season??
    Same could be said for France

--

Last edited by ace3g; 09-16-2013 at 02:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear you.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finland is in a zone!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Eurobasket formula is just so bad. There are days like today with meaningless games and teams tanking to get a better bracket. It's also too long with 11 games in 19 days for the winning team.

To me, the good Eurobasket will start this Wednesday and last 5 days until the final on Sunday. The single elimination format will make it way more interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to hear your predicitons for QF.

Pairs are:
    Slovenia - France
    Spain - Serbia
    Lithuania - Italy
    Ukraine - Croatia

I bolded my predicted winners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Spain, Lithuania and Croatia are favorites of their QF and should advance.

For Slovenia/France, I don't know. Slovenia has played better and is at home but France has more talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NT success can make wonders in player's confidence. Manu played out of his mind after 2004 gold in 04-05 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Spain, Lithuania and Croatia are favorites of their QF and should advance.

For Slovenia/France, I don't know. Slovenia has played better and is at home but France has more talent.

Slovenia France is really hard to predict. Slovenia plays at home and has played some strange games - they play bad against weaker teams, and way better against great teams. Interesting. On the other hand, France... It's strange. They haven't won any games agains the best teams, but as a fan of Slovenian NT I am afraid they might show the best basketball so far in the next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbia (E1) vs. Spain (F4), Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. ET (NBA TV)
    Serbia – OffRtg: 107.6 (4), DefRtg: 104.8 (15), NetRtg: +2.8 (8)
    Spain – OffRtg: 106.7 (5), DefRtg: 86.3 (1), NetRtg: +20.4 (1)

Slovenia (F2) vs. France (E3), Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET (NBA TV)

Slovenia – OffRtg: 103.8 (11), DefRtg: 105.2 (16), NetRtg: -1.4 (9)
    France – OffRtg: 112.6 (1), DefRtg: 104.0 (11), NetRtg: +8.6 (3)

Croatia (F1) vs. Ukraine (E4), Thursday, 11:45 a.m. ET

Croatia – OffRtg: 102.4 (14), DefRtg: 97.6 (4), NetRtg: +4.9 (7)
    Ukraine – OffRtg: 103.4 (13), DefRtg: 107.3 (19), NetRtg: -3.9 (15)

Lithuania (E2) vs. Italy (F3), Thursday, 3 p.m. ET
    Lithuania – OffRtg: 104.5 (10), DefRtg: 94.6 (3), NetRtg: +9.9 (2)
    Italy – OffRtg: 109.5 (3), DefRtg: 102.2 (9), NetRtg: +7.4 (4)

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...-quarters-set/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today's newspaper, Boris on why he has been more aggressive this summer with FNT:

"As athletes, winning is what makes us tick. The NBA finals, even 3 month after it, is still fresh in my mind. To be so close of a le and not being able to get it, it's hard to live. It creates a thirst of les. I still had it before but... We will do everything to not let it slide this time.
    hey Boris, it still pisses most of us off too. Pop is not even going to have to say a word to anyone in training camp, he's not going to have to show any video of last season's playoffs either. No motivation is going to be needed at all.

btw Belinelli doesn't seem to have developed into the shooter I thought he would be when he first entered the league. I really hope he is better than Gary Neal, at this point it seems like he might be a bit of an average shooting percentage chucker. He's going to have to play better defense and drive to the rim more than Neal did to make up for his shooting. Hopefully, Chip can help him get more consistent shooting the ball. He seems to be all over the place and very inconsistent when it comes to shooting. Does he have any potential to play a little bit of PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey Boris, it still pisses most of us off too. Pop is not even going to have to say a word to anyone in training camp, he's not going to have to show any video of last season's playoffs either. No motivation is going to be needed at all.

btw Belinelli doesn't seem to have developed into the shooter I thought he would be when he first entered the league. I really hope he is better than Gary Neal, at this point it seems like he might be a bit of an average shooting percentage chucker. He's going to have to play better defense and drive to the rim more than Neal did to make up for his shooting. Hopefully Chip can help him get more consistent shooting the ball. Does he have any potential to play a little bit of PG?
    Belinelli has more of a set shot (reminds me of Brent Barry in that regard) and in the Italy offense, seems like most of the players have to be set up to score; they take a lot of difficult shots off screens. He will get better looks with the Spurs but he isn't as explosive as Neal in terms of scoring. I would however consider Belinelli more consistent than Neal because he doesn't rely on his jumper and won't take as many bad shots as Neal.

Belinelli is definitely a better ball handler than Neal and with more size he is able to get to the basket; which opens up things for the offense: score, draw a foul, pass to open shooter, etc.

Defense TBD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to hear your predicitons for QF.

Pairs are:
    Slovenia - France
    Spain - Serbia
    Lithuania - Italy
    Ukraine - Croatia

I bolded my predicted winners
    I'm going with Serbia, Lithuania, Ukraine and Slovenia. Last one is more of a desire than a prediction though, could go either way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spain

But they're already qualified for the 2014 World Cup so who cares

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope TP doesn't go berserk on us....

GO SLOVENIA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The things going for us are that France doesn't really have much of an outside shoot aside from perhaps deColo, and our biggest strength so far has been the rim protection, the other one is obviously the home court. Refs will need to allow us to play physical D if we are to be compe ive. Nachbar's play should be the key, Lakovič will also need to suck as least as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things you read on Slovenian forums... Now people are saying how Parker is overrated.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just love to read our forums. I like how 99% people think Dragic is better than Parker. Even some analysts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Hahaha, I just wanted to mention that common opinion how Dragic>Parker, and that Dragic brothers could be like two Parkers. And they want to put Muric on "Datum" And they say how De Colo is the best shooter in French NT. Goin' be a lot of fun reading those comments today and tomorrow.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Eurobasket formula is just so bad. There are days like today with meaningless games and teams tanking to get a better bracket. It's also too long with 11 games in 19 days for the winning team.

To me, the good Eurobasket will start this Wednesday and last 5 days until the final on Sunday. The single elimination format will make it way more interesting.
    so true.
    the formula they played till 2005 was so much better:
    16 teams, 4 groups, 3 games.
    the winner of each group qualifies directly for the QF.
    the 2nd place teams plays an elimination game vs. the 3rd of another group. the winner goes to the QF.
    that modus was pretty good.
    first the teams tried much harder to win their group.
    and the elimination games were absolut heart breaker.
    (I remember in 2003 the elimination games produced some of the best moments of the whole championship.)
    now they have like 20 more games, but all games before the QF are so much less exciting, many are meaningless and the overall quality went down significantely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, Parker has the best 2pt fg % - 63,2%. Ajinca is third with 60,7%, Diaw fourth with 56,6%.

These are some crazy stats... Dragic is the best in Slovenian NT with 45,7%.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Krstic pushing that in Ajinca

If Slovenia even just had a decent front court they should go all out on France's front court because they have none

Thread Information