Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tomorrow is the start of the Eurobasket that will feature 4 Spurs players: Belinelli with Italy, Parker, Diaw and De Colo with France.

Official website:
    http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any specific player worth looking at for possibly signing next year or the year after potential wise?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they sell a live internet stream for the games? I don't see anything on the site.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they sell a live internet stream for the games? I don't see anything on the site.
    You can subscribe to all FIBA compe ion streams here: https://secure.livebasketball.tv/buy?ICID_HOM_SB1

(But there are usually some streams for free to be found if you can live with the lower quality.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tomorrow is the start of the Eurobasket that will feature 4 Spurs players: Belinelli with Italy, Parker, Diaw and De Colo with France.

Official website:
    http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/
    And a prospect, Sanikidze is there with Georgia. Hungary didn't make it so Hanga isn't there. Richards didn't make the GB squad. Latvia made it, but Bertrans is injured, and the story is the same with Livio Jean-Charles and France (and both of them are young to make the senior national squad anyways).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or just google "lshunter". Free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone wants to guess the top 3 teams?

My wish:
    1) Slovenia
    2) France
    3) Lithuania

Reality
    1 & 2) France and Spain
    3) Could be a tough one between Slovenia, Lithuania, Turkey, Greece, Serbia...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry for triple post, but I found some good pics from today's practice that I need to post.

Tomorrow both Italy (vs. Russia) and France (vs. Germany) play at the same time, 9pm in Europe, 3pm et, if I calculated correctly. Links will be available on the site I mentioned in a previous post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richards didn't make the GB squad.
    He actually quit the British national team a year ago and decided to play for Jamaica. Strangely enough I don't think that he has played a single game for them yet since then. He is definitely missing from the FIBA Americas tournament roster and wasn't with the team during their preparation.

I wouldn't count out Macedonia as a darkhouse medal contender. Opposing teams will probably be better prepared for them after their strong showing the last time so they won't be able to sneak up on anyone but if McCalleb is on top his game they could get in the semi finals again. They beat Greece and played Spain close in friendly games.
    I am really looking forward to that juicy France-Spain finals matchup though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone wants to guess the top 3 teams?

My wish:
    1) Slovenia
    2) France
    3) Lithuania

Reality
    1 & 2) France and Spain
    3) Could be a tough one between Slovenia, Lithuania, Turkey, Greece, Serbia...
    I see:
    1) Spain
    2) France
    3) Greece
    Than, we have Slovenia, Lithuania and Turkey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And a prospect, Sanikidze is there with Georgia. Hungary didn't make it so Hanga isn't there. Richards didn't make the GB squad. Latvia made it, but Bertrans is injured, and the story is the same with Livio Jean-Charles and France (and both of them are young to make the senior national squad anyways).
    You can add Javtokas with Lithuania. Lorbek won't play for Slovenia because of a knee surgery. Bertans, despite his age, would have definitively played for Latvia and be a key piece for them without his injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hedo is someone else to watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can add Javtokas with Lithuania. Lorbek won't play for Slovenia because of a knee surgery. Bertans, despite his age, would have definitively played for Latvia and be a key piece for them without his injury.
    I did know about Javtokas with Lithuania and how Lorbek did not make it, I just figure that neither of them will ever figure in the Spurs future... They are too old. I think that this offseason is pretty much Sanikidze's last shot too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Janis Berzins from Latvia is very interesting prospect too. I watched him play in U20 European championship this year (Latvia won silver) and he is a real talent with great athleticism, rebounding ability etc. 20 years old, 6ft 8. Interesting player with a lot of potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France looks good, Spain should be there, Italy could be a nice surprise, after that all the usual suspects (Russia, Greece, ex-Yu, Lithuania). I think Slovenia will not make top 8, i think we will have enough troubles even advancing to the next round...

My prediction: 1. France, 2. Spain, 3. Russia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia won't be nearly as good as you predict, imo. They play without Khryapa, Vorontsevich, AK47, Kaun...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EuroBasket 2013 will reach a bigger audience than ever before, with FIBA announcing a record-breaking distribution for the event throughout Europe and the rest of the world.

A strong group of broadcast partners will provide FIBA Europe's flagship event with quan y and quality coverage across 167 countries around the globe.

Long-standing and valued FIBA partners, such as Canal+ in France, RAI in Italy, NTV in Turkey, RTR in Russia and Viasat in the Baltic region, will continue to give extensive space in their schedules for EuroBasket 2013.

New FIBA partners include prestigious broadcasters such as Mediaset in Spain, Antenna and OTE in Greece, Polsat in Poland, BT Sport in the UK and the combination of ARD and Spox in Germany.

Coverage is now virtually complete across Europe with the addition of some European countries, through partners such as Sport1 (Netherlands) and RTS (Switzerland).

Outside of Europe, there is extensive coverage across Asia (including CCTV in China, Fuji TV in Japan, Solar in the Philippines, Starhub in Singapore), the Americas (including ESPN, Direct TV, Fox Sports) and Africa (including Al Jazeera, SuperSport, Sport+).

Last but not least, all games will also be available on the LiveBasketball.TV digital platform.

It is predicted that the gold medal game will result in a record television audience for a EuroBasket final.

For a full list of broadcast partners please click here.

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/coi...leMode_on.html

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Spain
    2) France
    3) Lithuania
    4) Greece

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imho russia doesn't stand a chance, but they will play with shved, karasev, monia and ponkrashov so they should at least be interesting to watch. turkey's frontcourt is great, but i don't know anybody of their guards, greece should win the group imho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strong first half for Sanikdze against Poland, 11 pts on 4/5 shooting and 3 rebs. Meanwhile Hedo is stinking it up going scoreless (0/3) midway through the second quarter.

Really good a performance by Sankidze in the second half too, finishing with 23 pts and 6 rebounds. He really showed his whole offensive repertoire: Driving to the basket against big men/going into the post against guards, spotting up for 3s and finishing on the fast break.

Aaand Hedo just bricked away Turkey's chance to beat Finland.
    Last edited by jyra; 09-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final Results
    Georgia-Poland 84-67
    13 V. Sanikidze 23pts 6rebs

Latvia-Bosnia 86-75

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finland defeats Turkey 61:55, Isreael and GB are playing in overtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ready for the start. The beard is off!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finland defeats Turkey 61:55, Isreael and GB are playing in overtime.
    First upset of the championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel was defeated by Great Britain, 61-56.

So far I think all games were won by the underdogs, according to betting pages. Interesting.

Thread Information