Post Count
    Mine has to be 07.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '99
    Followed closely by '03.
    The other two '05 & '07 were just icing on the cake.
    Besides, DRob and Sean had retired by then, so it didn't have the impact the first two did.
    The '99 championship was phenomenal.
    The whole city was super infected, and there we're Go Spurs Go signs everywhere, on practically every building, every business, every car!
    And when we won, the whole city closed down, no rioting at all, but even the expressways downtown had to close because fans were getting out of their cars cheering, honking horns, and happy mayhem.
    There has been nothing even remotely like it ever since.
    '03 wasn't even half of what '99 was.
    '05 even less.
    And '07 barely a celebration, hardly any signs, and not much of a celebration at all, rather hohum.
    I guess we were spoiled by then.
    Last edited by xmas1997; 09-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say 07. I'd never been as confident as I was entering those playoffs that we would win it all. I remember when Cleveland won the East I started celebrating early and told everyone I saw that we would sweep them.

We played DEFENCE in 07, and we had CLUTCH shooters around the Big 3. Micheal Finley instead of Danny Green. Robert Horry instead of Gary Neal. Bruce Bowen instead of Kawhi Leonard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk about favorite, but he spurs team I detested was the 09-10 team, for a number o reasons:

1. He who must not be named
    2. 7th seed
    3. The centerpiece
    4. Blair providing us with false hopes
    5. Sweep by the suns

To be fair though, that hate was mitigated by the upset of the 2nd seeded mavs.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would've thought you'd pick the 2005 teams since that was Manu's best NBA Finals.
    '99
    Followed closely by '03.
    The other two '05 & '07 were just icing on the cake.
    Besides, DRob and Sean had retired by then, so it didn't have the impact the first two did.
    The '99 championship was phenomenal.
    The whole city was super infected, and there we're Go Spurs Go signs everywhere, on practically every building, every business, every car!
    And when we won, the whole city closed down, no rioting at all, but even the expressways downtown had to close because fans were getting out of their cars cheering, honking horns, and happy mayhem.
    There has been nothing even remotely like it ever since.
    '03 wasn't even half of what '99 was.
    '05 even less.
    And '07 barely a celebration, hardly any signs, and not much of a celebration at all, rather hohum.
    I guess we were spoiled by then.
    For the first time ever I actually agree with your order. I would debate between 99 and 03 though because both teams played terrific defense. We had the twin towers to protect the rim. We had an excellent perimeter defender in Sean Eliot and Bruce Bowen. Those were Tim Duncan's best years. Yeah, I wish I can go back and relive those times. Just got a little nostalgic here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would've thought you'd pick the 2005 teams since that was Manu's best NBA Finals.
    For the first time ever I actually agree with your order. I would debate between 99 and 03 though because both teams played terrific defense. We had the twin towers to protect the rim. We had an excellent perimeter defender in Sean Eliot and Bruce Bowen. Those were Tim Duncan's best years. Yeah, I wish I can go back and relive those times. Just got a little nostalgic here.
    I was sitting in class today watching the 07 series against the Nuggets when Big Shot Rob drained that three to stop Melo and Iverson's comeback. Great, great times.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The '99 year was a truly amazing one that I will never forget because it was so long in coming. It was a fantastic time to be a long time Spurs fan. All the years of disappointment that preceded it finally came to a head.
    The only down side was when that ignorant jerk off Phil Jackson said it should have an asterisk because of the strike shortened season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 was the most FUN IMO! We went through LA and our Rivals Dallas that year, dethroned the 3 time champ and D Rob went out on Top! That year was just crazy, Tim at his best and a bunch of youngins and skilled vets around him.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 was the most FUN IMO! We went through LA and our Rivals Dallas that year, dethroned the 3 time champ and D Rob went out on Top! That year was just crazy, Tim at his best and a bunch of youngins and skilled vets around him.
    I have to agree. Eliminating the Lakers was such a wonderful feeling since they were our nemesis for three straight years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say 07. I'd never been as confident as I was entering those playoffs that we would win it all. I remember when Cleveland won the East I started celebrating early and told everyone I saw that we would sweep them.

We played DEFENCE in 07, and we had CLUTCH shooters around the Big 3. Micheal Finley instead of Danny Green. Robert Horry instead of Gary Neal. Bruce Bowen instead of Kawhi Leonard.
    I was confident against Cleveland, but that Phoenix series could have gone either way. That was the true finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013. While that heart breaking defeat in the finals still hurts that team overachieved beyond what anyone thought was possible. Here's a hopeful fan wishing they make it happen this year finally.

GO SPURS GO

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing about Leonard in the Finals? Did you even watch Game 7? When Leonard kept hitting big shots to keep the Spurs in it every time Miami was about to blow the game open. He missed a free throw, but even an 80% FT shooter is going to miss 1 of 2 every 3rd time or so. Ungrateful ing Spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1999. The 1st le was the greatest feeling for me as a fan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing about Leonard in the Finals? Did you even watch Game 7? When Leonard kept hitting big shots to keep the Spurs in it every time Miami was about to blow the game open. He missed a free throw, but even an 80% FT shooter is going to miss 1 of 2 every 3rd time or so. Ungrateful ing Spurs fans.
    I can never forgive Leonard for being unable to secure a crucial rebound late in game 6, missing that Finals-clenching free-throw late in game 6, and taking an extremely ill-advised 3 in game 7 when we were down 2 with almost a full shot clock. Also, he allowed Lebron to take every outside shot he wanted, and it was Leonard who was guarding Lebron when he hit the shot in game 7 that put the Heat up 4 late and sealed it.

The reality is, Leonard deserves a lot of the blame. Ginobili had terrible turnovers, but Leonard's mistakes cost us more in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favorite team and favorite championship are different, but loved Tim/ Big Shot Bob/ Bruce/ Obewon Ginobili/ and TP. Loved DRob and Sean too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can never forgive Leonard for being unable to secure a crucial rebound late in game 6, missing that Finals-clenching free-throw late in game 6, and taking an extremely ill-advised 3 in game 7 when we were down 2 with almost a full shot clock. Also, he allowed Lebron to take every outside shot he wanted, and it was Leonard who was guarding Lebron when he hit the shot in game 7 that put the Heat up 4 late and sealed it.

The reality is, Leonard deserves a lot of the blame. Ginobili had terrible turnovers, but Leonard's mistakes cost us more in the end.
    You blame Leonard for executing the gameplan? The plan that got them the 3-2 lead in the first place? As if he's going to be able to stop LeBron on the drive if he's closing out on his jumpshot, which had been suspect for a lot of the series? Kawhi got beat by the guy who is at worst the second greatest player since Jordan and who will likely retire the #2 player in the history of the NBA. Leonard was the only thing keeping the Spurs in game 7 and to claim he was the problem is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on spurstalk. LOL claiming Leonard's mistakes were worse than Ginobili's too. You forgot that Manu missed a le clinching free throw too? Or that he turned the ball over twice in the last minute to minute and a half of the game when the Spurs could have taken the lead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    03 - Admiral's final year, le in a supposedly rebuild year, Duncan cementing his status as the greatest PF of all time, Jackson's coming out party, Manu showing glimpses of greatness, Parker starting his road to greatness, that Game 6 vs. the Mavs, that Game 6 vs. the Lakers, Duncan's near quad-double, Robinson's 13/17 game.

99 - First championship.

90- Robinson's rookie year, starting more than two decades of success (other than 96-97)

13 - Overachieved and will likely be forgotten and underrated for years to come.

05 - Manu's epic performance

07 - It's a championship team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    03. dethroning the 3peat lakers. tim outplaying shaq one on one in that series. kobe crying. duncan with one of the most dominant seasons in memory. reg season mvp, finals mvp, etc. near quadruple double to clinch the finals. Robinson retiring... a champ. Manu's rookie year. Kerr's heroics. Jackson's heroics. validated 99.

07 was the "worst" of the les because it had the least impact and was least memorable. denver wasn't scary that year. phoenix series wasn't as entertaining as 05, jazz were the jazz, and cleveland series was a joke. plus parker got finals mvp so w/e

i actually think i enjoyed '13 more than '07. thats how spoiled we were at the time
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-03-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You blame Leonard for executing the gameplan? The plan that got them the 3-2 lead in the first place? As if he's going to be able to stop LeBron on the drive if he's closing out on his jumpshot, which had been suspect for a lot of the series? Kawhi got beat by the guy who is at worst the second greatest player since Jordan and who will likely retire the #2 player in the history of the NBA. Leonard was the only thing keeping the Spurs in game 7 and to claim he was the problem is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on spurstalk. LOL claiming Leonard's mistakes were worse than Ginobili's too. You forgot that Manu missed a le clinching free throw too? Or that he turned the ball over twice in the last minute to minute and a half of the game when the Spurs could have taken the lead?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a flipping troll. Leonard is the only reason we even had a chance. Without him we lose 4-1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13 and it's not even close. It speaks volumes to how much I loved this team that I picked them over 4 teams that won championships. The narratives of this season personally were so great, from telling all of my friends that the spurs definitely had one more run to seeing Tim absolutely dominate. Fantastic season despite the obviously disappointing result

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is going with 2007 because a bit before he was still a foetus.

I'd go with 2003

Thread Information