Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, young Dončič has the potential to be a superstar... But that is still far away.... And who knows who else we will be able to put around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, we should've tried a different one. But yeah for the results of the past two years our coaches would've been good enough and probably gotten better results too.
    Isn't the main reason you brought foreign coach the fact you had no results with the domestic ones? Why you choosed Majkovic is a million dollar question,he's pretty much done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the main reason you brought foreign coach the fact you had no results with the domestic ones? Why you choosed Majkovic is a million dollar question,he's pretty much done.
    Well yeah and we didn't get any better results is what I'm saying.

But to be honest the teams of the past two Eurobaskets were probably our weakest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, young Dončič has the potential to be a superstar... But that is still far away.... And who knows who else we will be able to put around him.
    Yeah I'm not sold on him. Thing is, no idea how his compe ion looked like, right now he could just be bigger than everyone else... We'll see in 5 or 6 years. I guess in that time there could be some good new players but they'll be young too. Which makes me think that for about 8 years we won't stand a chance for sure. Unless Z. Dragic and Muric and Blazic and Vidmar take it to another level. Lack of good bigs is another problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big respect for Goran Dragic for never saying no to the national team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm not sold on him. Thing is, no idea how his compe ion looked like, right now he could just be bigger than everyone else... We'll see in 5 or 6 years. I guess in that time there could be some good new players but they'll be young too. Which makes me think that for about 8 years we won't stand a chance for sure. Unless Z. Dragic and Muric and Blazic and Vidmar take it to another level. Lack of good bigs is another problem.
    I was also not sold on him first. But after wathcing this video I became intrigued:

http://basketballplayeradvisor.com/2...-doncic-99-sg/

He sure has a very nice skillset for a 14 year old... Hopefully he keeps improving at the same pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, we're definitely done for the next decade, and given our economic situation, lack of top euro compe ion and our size, most likely even for longer... My guess is as soon as next Eurobasket we don't even make top 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was also not sold on him first. But after wathcing this video I became intrigued:

http://basketballplayeradvisor.com/2...-doncic-99-sg/

He sure has a very nice skillset for a 14 year old... Hopefully he keeps improving at the same pace.
    Right but at the age of 14 he's still a decade away and you can't build a compe ive team with just one player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a country that small (2M people), what Slovenia is doing in basketball is quite remarkable. They also deserves a lot of props for not taking the easy road of giving the Slovenian citizenship to an American player to help their NT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right but at the age of 14 he's still a decade away and you can't build a compe ive team with just one player...
    Yep, that is all true. He could also decide to try to get Spanish citizenship, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a country that small (2M people), what Slovenia is doing in basketball is quite remarkable. They also deserves a lot of props for not taking the easy road of giving the Slovenian citizenship to an American player to help their NT.
    Tried that - didn't work out

Edit: not to mention we were very generous with citizenship to ex-yu players - Golemac, Čapin, Preldzič, Begič to name just a few...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tried that - didn't work out

Edit: not to mention we were very generous with citizenship to ex-yu players - Golemac, Čapin, Preldzič, Begič to name just a few...
    Yeah but none of them had a leading role, unlike the other teams that do that.

Too bad Lebron's already taken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I hope France wins it all now. Or Lithuania.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs had nothing to do with this loss. France was just better.

As for Lakovic, there was no other point guard.
    Refs were ok. Lakovic sucks, we have Joksimovic.

Joksimovič spent most of his career playing point...
    Actually not true, his original position is SG.

I don't think Maljkovic did such a bad job in this eurobasket.You just faced a much better team. With Udrih and Lorbek it would probably be a different situation.
    It is a good job when Lakovic guards Tony? Ok.........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I think this one is on Maljković. He left out Joksimović, he completely forgot Murič (second half), his feeling for subs utions and timeouts was gone and he had no plan how to stop Parker or at least I didn't see one. Also he didn't try to change anything on defense ( Is zone allowed only against Slovenia?) There are a lot of things that can be thrown in Maljkovićs face, but one thing is clear. Slovenia lacks talent for that last step. There is a lot of solid players, but not a single great one that you need to go all the way. All those shortcomings of Goran Dragić were exposed today ( bad shooting, lack of brain) but that man left his heart on the floor. Same goes for every single player that played today.

Kudos for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this loss has one positive side - maybe we'll get rid of Maljkovic after Eurobasket.

Believe.
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I've never seen a 14 YO kid dominate all aspects of the game like him, he's not just a manchild overpowering due to his earlier development like a Musli. Rubio for instance was an incredible talent at that age but he still had quite evident flaws. Although of course that doesn't mean anything, many things could go wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw with that WCF defense tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA @NBA
    Tony Parker leads France to World Cup of Basketball berth (via @johnschuhmann): on.nba.com/18cqCjG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice win by France... now Spain

grats to Slovenia

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice win by France... now Spain

grats to Slovenia
    Well we made it to the World Championship by crushing Serbia today but what were you congratulating us for?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea baby we, gonna fight for 5th place!!!! OMG I am so pumped up!!!.......... them

at least lakovic wont be on this team anymore. Thank .

Thread Information