Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday I watched F. 9/11 for the first time.

I'm no Michael Moore fan. In fact, I find him quite repugnant, but . . .

There were some things in the movie that caught my eye:

1) The fact that most of the time it’s low and middle class individuals the ones who go overseas to fight a war. Funny how only one out of (how many Congressman are there?) . . . lets say many, has one of its kids in Iraq (or was it enlisted in the Army?). Funny also how they ran away when Moore ask them if they could enlist their kids.

2) How the speech about Iraq changed in the course of one year. There was footage of Rumsfeld and Rice, publicly speaking about Iraq in 2000, saying that Saddam did not pose a threat and that he did not have WMDs.

3) Bush's dealings with the Bin Laden family and how they sneaked them out of the country after 9/11.

4) War is humanity's ultimate up. How can people glorify war is beyond my understanding. Seeing those images of dead women and children, the wounded, , it’s so heart breaking.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) The fact that most of the time it’s low and middle class individuals the ones who go overseas to fight a war. Funny how only one out of (how many Congressman are there?) . . . lets say many, has one of its kids in Iraq (or was it enlisted in the Army?). Funny also how they ran away when Moore ask them if they could enlist their kids.
    Well, for one thing, you can't enlist your kid. So the premise was laughable to begin with.

Second, a military made up of low-to-middle class individuals is a function of having voluntary service based on rewards/benefits. The only way to ensure equal "class" representation in the military is to reinstate the Draft. Would you prefer that?

F911 was a nice tool for political discussion, but I would encourage you to read some of the rebuttals before taking it as scripture...

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That congressman enlisting their kids was just stupid. As for low to middle class only being in the armed services. Rich people don't need money.

Lottery Pick
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly what t he young, conservative, and chickenhawk thread was all about....i'll find a link for it, its pretty funny. Those young ass chickenhawks are so adamant in their anti-liberal and pro-bush agendas, yet most of them have no idea what its like to have a family member in that war, its like playing a game to them. sickening.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthre...g+conservative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, and michael moore is full of crap in a sense because he only shows you surface facts....the information like the administration changing its view of iraq in less than a year, the bush family being in league with bin laden family, etc

all of this information can be found in seconds to the common person

But theres stuff deeper than he lets you to believe...what he shows you isnt the whole story

www.infowars.com

Guess Who's Back?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeeze, CBF! Jones is a certified kook...

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can find sources that are a lot more informative and less biased than Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh. I would take anything that Fahrenheit 9/11 has in it with a grain of salt.

Incedentally, I wonder how many people acutally understand the le of that movie... Fahrenheit 451 was a novel by Ray Bradbury depicting a future society bankrupt of any redeeming virtues and marked by the control of information. 451 degrees F was supposed to be the temperature at which printed materials would begin to burn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Jones is my god. Much like Bush is yours. You chose bush. I chose jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's all volunteer. You need a GED or diploma.. I.E. you should be able to ing read where it says you will fight and follow orders of the commander & chief and you ing sign you name. If you don't want to fight DON'T VOLUNTEER FOR THE MILITARY. Michael Moore as far as our military. This is not 1968 this 2005 and we have professional soldiers.

2) How the speech about Iraq changed in the course of one year. There was footage of Rumsfeld and Rice, publicly speaking about Iraq in 2000, saying that Saddam did not pose a threat and that he did not have WMDs.
    Yes we went from Containment to attack mode after 9/11. You ever hear of 9/11? Containment was his fathers and Clintons policy. GW decided not to ing risk Saddams . If people had a problem with Iraq they didn't show it in the election where Bush handed Kerry his ASS ON A PLATE. You guys lost so stfu and let us win the war instead of trying to turn it into Vietname failure.

3) Bush's dealings with the Bin Laden family and how they sneaked them out of the country after 9/11.
    What was he supposed to do put them in Jail? The FBI handled security on there flight out. One of Osama's cousin is in hollywood right now you don't hear hollywood pussies crying about her working there do you?

4) War is humanity's ultimate up. How can people glorify war is beyond my understanding. Seeing those images of dead women and children, the wounded, , it’s so heart breaking.
    War is like fire on earth.. it's been around a long time. We waiting to get into WWII because of No wanting to go to "war" and it cost us and 7 million Jews, 40 million Russians a LOT of lifes. Just look at D-day.. If we didn't sit on our ass we could of went in LONG before France fell. God knows how many lifes you save. What do you want to do hide under a rock? We go to war for freedom. It's been that way for a long time and it's not going away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We go to war for freedom.[/B]
    no
    THIS WAR
    we went to
    disarm Saddam,
    no
    liberate Iraq
    no
    set up a foothold of democracy in the middle east
    no
    fight terror
    there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah first iraq was a member of the axis of evil...we had to disarm them and secure our freedom

then all of a sudden we're there to HELP iraqis and muslims who lived under the tyrrany of hussein....

i dont even know what their current reasoning for the war is

but once they serve it out so many people are quick to slurp it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly what t he young, conservative, and chickenhawk thread was all about....i'll find a link for it, its pretty funny. Those young ass chickenhawks are so adamant in their anti-liberal and pro-bush agendas, yet most of them have no idea what its like to have a family member in that war, its like playing a game to them. sickening.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthre...g+conservative
    No you are sickening! The liberal bias you have shown is what it is all
    about. We are in a war, we have been attacked and you want to sit up
    and shout agendas. What stupidity! We lost more people in 9/11 than
    in Pearl Harbor and still have people want to kill YOU and you want to
    blame everyone but them......damn....and I wonder how you live with
    yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you are sickening! The liberal bias you have shown is what it is all
    about. We are in a war, we have been attacked and you want to sit up
    and shout agendas. What stupidity! We lost more people in 9/11 than
    in Pearl Harbor and still have people want to kill YOU and you want to
    blame everyone but them......damn....and I wonder how you live with
    yourself.

we've been attacked by iraq? i thought it was al qaeda...i thought they were working out of afghanistan...

no they don't want to kill me and youre sickeningly stupid for believing that

they dont grow up being anti american

those people in iraq and in the middle east are people
    people like you and i

they arent ing re s, they're not genetically inferior, they're not animals
    theyre people

and they did not grow up being brainwashed to hate us, but when they see a country interfering in their countries affairs

occupying their cities
    raping their women
    plundering their valuables

then they probably would retaliate with violence towards those who ed with them

those terrorists did not bomb the trade center towers to hurt the common american man....what kind of sense would that have made? plus most workers there even got information telling them not to go to work that day, this is do ented

they have their own agendas and their own enemies higher up the ladder...

Futhermore you're proving me right that youre just a stupid chickenhawk, because the second someone points out your pro-gayness pro-bush pro-conservative ways, you automatically assume i'm liberal

you see life in black and white, theres no inbetween or blurred boundaries to you..to you everything is safely tucked into well defined boundaries..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we've been attacked by iraq? i thought it was al qaeda...i thought they were working out of afghanistan...

no they don't want to kill me and youre sickeningly stupid for believing that

they dont grow up being anti american

those people in iraq and in the middle east are people
    people like you and i

they arent ing re s, they're not genetically inferior, they're not animals
    theyre people

and they did not grow up being brainwashed to hate us, but when they see a country interfering in their countries affairs

occupying their cities
    raping their women
    plundering their valuables

then they probably would retaliate with violence towards those who ed with them

those terrorists did not bomb the trade center towers to hurt the common american man....what kind of sense would that have made? plus most workers there even got information telling them not to go to work that day, this is do ented

they have their own agendas and their own enemies higher up the ladder...
    You prove me point! With your reply. You have no idea of what is going
    on in this world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah ok

"i prove you point"

re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sit up and shout agendas????
    usually you have a good reason for going to war
    not change them midwar over and over when you fall on your face to help yourself politically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sit up and shout agendas????
    usually you have a good reason for going to war
    not change them midwar over and over when you fall on your face to help yourself politically
    What in the world are you talking about? 3000 people are not reason enough? Get a life. God help you if you talk this way in their world.

I am an American, I have served my Country and will continue to do so
    and I am damn tired of people who have no idea what this country is about
    putting it down. I will not let you go unchallenged. Enjoy what we have,
    and hope and pray we will always have it. But God help us if you have you
    way, because people like me will have no say......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iraq didnt ing attack us face!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just because youre a vet doesnt mean you have to blindly support any bull war
    i want the troops to come home
    not keep dying for their president

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just because youre a vet doesnt mean you have to blindly support any bull war
    i want the troops to come home
    not keep dying for their president
    Which President are you talking about? You have a lot of sex on your mind
    don't you. I support any President who we have in this country, like I
    support our country. Do you do the same or do you support those who
    would destroy our country? Just wondering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i could not support bush less
    that has nothing to do with being on the terrorist side

A VERY BAD man
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs