Because Floyd Mayweather is projected to make $70million and Canelo Alverez $10million, the question is being asked why Jon Jones makes a small fraction of those amounts? Is it his race, because the Iceman certainly made more? Or does Dana White intentionally dilute the sport to depress fighter paydays?

I'm curious to hear solid opinions on this. My thoughts are that MMA is geared toward suburban 25-35 year who happened to be mostly white. Also, Dana White is not dumb. He is way more concerned about protecting the value of the UFC brand than he is with the fighters.

Could it be that MMA, especially the UFC, has tons of appealing fighters while boxing has become more top-heavy than any other sport ever? I don't know about this stuff so that's what I get from it. UFC has to spread that money around more I guess. And Liddell might be the biggest superstar the sports ever had, not by much. Those fights with Wanderlei, Ortiz, and overrated Couture were legendary

Post Count
    what about just simply the age of the sport?

i don't know the figures so i'm truly asking..

did mike tyson make more money in his prime than jon jones does now?

boxing has been around for a long time, and even tho ufc is popular today, it needs to continue to remain relevant for a while and grow.. you can't just go mainstream and expect to compete with boxing salaries

Post Count
    You don't know what he makes the ufc keeps all the bonus ppv money very tight lipped. Gsp is rumored to make 4 to 5 mil a fight jones is not yet that level of a draw. You mentioned Chuck and he was paid well in his era but he never got deals with the likes of Nike and Gatorade like jones has.

Btw Chuck only had one huge ppv which was his rematch with another superstar in o..

Thread Information