Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Also, surprised but not shocked they lost to the Colts. Kaep isn't close to an elite QB and they were missing some key players. The D has been absolutely pitiful though nonetheless.

Just finished a great pound off sesh after watching thatgame. Looks like the WHINERS couldn't get a hold of the stadium lights this time

:Lmao look at these hilarious generic insults I modified to express my hate for the WHINERS

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You can always tell the rookies.

Last season Arizona started off 4-0 ended up...5-11

Denver started off....2-3 and ended up...13-3.

Green Bay started off....2-3 and ended up....11-5.

Eagles started off...3-1 and ended up...4-12

Chargers started off...3-1 and ended up...7-9

Niners started off 2-1, just like they did the year before, wow 1-2.

Redskins started off 2-3 and won the NFC East.

Rookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    You can always tell the rookies.
    shut up got

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    don't you know last season the

chiefs started 1-2
    dolphins strted 1-2
    ans started 1-2
    lions started 1-2
    rams started 1-2
    raiders started 1-2
    panthers started 1-2
    buccaneers started 1-2

and they all went on to do stuff, right?

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    the jags will demolish them at wembley

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    it's amazing that with all those picks they have an offense so much worse than last year. They picked a good safety at least, but the rest have basically been a no-show, at least to my knowledge.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No Vernon Davis, no Michael Crabtree no Mario Mannigham, so what does the defense do?

Niners are 28-11-1 over the last two seasons what team has won more?

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    Post Count
    superbowl loser curse tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I've dealt with almost 10 straight years of mediocrity/ tiness thanks to Dr. York, so if this year is a bummer, I'll be ready. Most important thing is to figure out how or if Kaepernick improves.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah, today was awful

All teams have to do is key on Boldin and there are no other weapons for Kap (who was garbage again) to utilize until people get healthy, which will probably be too late.

I didn't think they'd win the SB, too much history against em', but it's still possible they could get in the playoffs. Of course, another loss is surely possible on a short week against the Rams who always play SF tough

thunderup still mad

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Teams don't even have to key on Boldin. They just have to actually cover him. He's good for contested catches, but that's really hard to make a living on for a passing attack. The Ravens had Smith and Jones to take the load off him. There was no way that the 49ers can give Boldin favorable match-ups with Davis out.

In general, the team seems really overrated. I don't see a lot of room for improvement like I do with the Ravens and Patriots. We'll see how that team handles a losing streak.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Facts totally ya over don't they idiot?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No Vernon Davis, no Michael Crabtree no Mario Mannigham, so what does the defense do?

Niners are 28-11-1 over the last two seasons what team has won more?
    The Ravens.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Teams don't even have to key on Boldin. They just have to actually cover him. He's good for contested catches, but that's really hard to make a living on for a passing attack. The Ravens had Smith and Jones to take the load off him. There was no way that the 49ers can give Boldin favorable match-ups with Davis out.

In general, the team seems really overrated. I don't see a lot of room for improvement like I do with the Ravens and Patriots. We'll see how that team handles a losing streak.
    Both are in the AFC so it doesn't really matter. 49ers are gonna get much better if they can get healthy. Good enough to challenge Seattle and whoever else inevitably rises to contend? We'll see.

Holy the irony in this

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Both are in the AFC so it doesn't really matter. 49ers are gonna get much better if they can get healthy. Good enough to challenge Seattle and whoever else inevitably rises to contend? We'll see.
    I compared the 9ers to the Ravens and Patriots because each of those teams is struggling in some very obvious ways. In the the case of the latter two, there's hope that after injured players return and young players get experience, they'll be fine. But for San Francisco, what do they have to look forward to? To me, it just seems like they're a team that just isn't as good as they were last season. They don't even look like a playoff team. There's no real excuse for it besides the fact that they don't have any receivers who can get open. That doesn't explain why their lines look weak and their secondary looks bad.

As I said a few months back, I don't know that Harbaugh is going to be able keep control of his team is there's a losing streak. While the team could definitely still make the post-season and even get back to the Super Bowl, they could also be the 2011 Jets.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I compared the 9ers to the Ravens and Patriots because each of those teams is struggling in some very obvious ways. In the the case of the latter two, there's hope that after injured players return and young players get experience, they'll be fine. But for San Francisco, what do they have to look forward to? To me, it just seems like they're a team that just isn't as good as they were last season. They don't even look like a playoff team. There's no real excuse for it besides the fact that they don't have any receivers who can get open. That doesn't explain why their lines look weak and their secondary looks bad.

As I said a few months back, I don't know that Harbaugh is going to be able keep control of his team is there's a losing streak. While the team could definitely still make the post-season and even get back to the Super Bowl, they could also be the 2011 Jets.
    They're a pretty young team, so we'll see.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

This whole post equates to "no , sherlock." And I'm not sure what the Ravens and the Pats have to do with anything here unless you're just taking a shot across the bow for the of it

Colts had safety help on Boldin the whole game. That's "keying" in my book. And no, I'm not getting into a semantic debate with you.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

The offensive line has been okay, but I agree with you on the secondary and defensive lines.

Roman has been running a very different offense so far and it just doesn't look like last year. I also think he got a bit of a hard on after that Green Bay performance, thinking he could continue to replicate it. Not happening. He needs to just go back to the power running/zone read game and set up the pass off that. It would use more clock and keep the seriously depleted SF defense off the field. Look for a scaled back playbook against the Rams on Thursday, with Kap operating a lot more out of the gun.

As for what SF has to look forward to, they still have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Even if they miss the playoffs this year, I'm still optimistic for the long term.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The offensive line has been okay, but I agree with you on the secondary and defensive lines.

Roman has been running a very different offense so far and it just doesn't look like last year. I also think he got a bit of a hard on after that Green Bay performance, thinking he could continue to replicate it. Not happening. He needs to just go back to the power running/zone read game and set up the pass off that. It would use more clock and keep the seriously depleted SF defense off the field. Look for a scaled back playbook against the Rams on Thursday, with Kap operating a lot more out of the gun.

As for what SF has to look forward to, they still have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Even if they miss the playoffs this year, I'm still optimistic for the long term.
    The O-line hasn't been bad, but compared to last year, they definitely seemed to have declined. I don't think we can expect them to win the battle of the trenches each week. I don't get why the secondary looks so bad; it has good players and continuity. But with the front seven being depleted and still in a funk, it's going to be hard for the 49ers to stop any above-average quarterback from scoring on them. I like Luck, but he's not as good as he looked yesterday.

My concern with running the read-option again is that Kaep's already getting hit dropping back. He's going to be at an even greater risk now that teams have figured out how to adjust to it. The good thing is that it may force defenses to play more zone, which should open Boldin up.

San Francisco is still a young team, but how many of those young guys are starting? I don't mean that the 49ers have no long-term prospects. I mean that they don't really show much room for growth this season. The only thing I see is Crabtree and Manningham coming back. Is Carradine expected to play any time this season?
    Last edited by Chinook; 09-23-2013 at 09:34 AM.

abandoning the run game
    frank gore 4 touches in the second half

that'll win you a lot of games right there.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Defense??? What the happened to it!!! LOL!!!

Thread Information