Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's difficult to answer right now. For Maggette, it's obviously depend on what he has left in the tank and for Young his ability to hit corner 3's. We will what will happen in preseason games.

And I easily take Nando over both Young and Maggette right now. De Colo has had a relatively good rookie season and has a way better chance to turn into something good than an aging, declining Maggette and a flawed, limited Young.
    So you would go with a PG, when we are clearly log jammed in that position over Young who is a SF and is a position we need to fill? I understand the whole Nando has plenty of time to improve, but when Spurs Org. is clearly in a "win now" state, you go with Young who will bring defense, intensity, and hustle every night. More importantly, he'd be able to spell Kawhi 10-12 minutes a night to keep his knees at ease That 3 point shot will be there come playoff time.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 3 point shot will be there come playoff time.
    If they're in win-now mode, Young needs to show he can hit that shot in the preseason games. PATFO can't gamble that he might figure it out by the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're in win-now mode, Young needs to show he can hit that shot in the preseason games. PATFO can't gamble that he might figure it out by the playoffs.
    I get you. The point i'm trying to make is he has all season to develop the corner 3. With our coaching staff, that's not a tall order. He can make every 3 during the season (Bonner), but it's going to really matter in the Playoffs. No one is going to care for a game when you hit 10 3's in December, if you can't make one in June!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get you. The point i'm trying to make is he has all season to develop the corner 3. With our coaching staff, that's not a tall order. He can make every 3 during the season (Bonner), but it's going to really matter in the Playoffs. No one is going to care for a game when you hit 10 3's in December, if you can't make one in June!
    I think the key for Young is to prove that he can hit that shot at all. If he just needs a little tweak then there's a good chance he'll flourish in that role but it is a tall order for Chip to fix something that never worked in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you would go with a PG, when we are clearly log jammed in that position over Young who is a SF and is a position we need to fill? I understand the whole Nando has plenty of time to improve, but when Spurs Org. is clearly in a "win now" state, you go with Young who will bring defense, intensity, and hustle every night. More importantly, he'd be able to spell Kawhi 10-12 minutes a night to keep his knees at ease That 3 point shot will be there come playoff time.
    Young and Maggette likely won't be able to play these 12 minutes behind Kahwi because they aren't good enough to do so. These minutes will be played by Ginobili.

I have no issue to keep one of Young or Maggette with the 15th spot. Maggette or Young will be useful in case of injuries, in some specific matchups or for small ball lineups. Keeping both and cutting De Colo would be stupid. De Colo is better right now, has a bigger upside and can play both PG and SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young and Maggette likely won't be able to play these 12 minutes behind Kahwi because they aren't good enough to do so. These minutes will be played by Ginobili.

I have no issue to keep one of Young or Maggette with the 15th spot. Maggette or Young will be useful in case of injuries, in some specific matchups or for small ball lineups. Keeping both and cutting De Colo would be stupid. De Colo is better right now, has a bigger upside and can play both PG and SG.
    I Guess we can agree to disagree that Young is good enough to backup Kawhi on a nightly basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Practice: Marco Belinelli
    10.8.13 |
    3m21s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping both and cutting De Colo would be stupid. De Colo is better right now, has a bigger upside and can play both PG and SG.
    I agree that De Colo has upside but will Pop play him? Last year, Pop's leash just about strangled him. If he doesn't get playing time, his spot on the roster is wasted.

I think he'll get the chance to develop his game somewhere but I don't feel like he'll get the chance here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that De Colo has upside but will Pop play him? Last year, Pop's leash just about strangled him. If he doesn't get playing time, his spot on the roster is wasted.

I think he'll get the chance to develop his game somewhere but I don't feel like he'll get the chance here.
    If we could, I hope the Spurs just buy him out, and let him go play overseas. There, he can gripe about playing time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bruno you had mentioned before Nando was a complainer in France or Spain. He already gave that infamous interview to the French press during last season. Is he considered a huge headache/ about things, or is it more typical whining about playing time? I like Nando, I think he's got incredible court vision and would like to see him given more minutes, but wondering if he's going to be a cancer or the type to never excel over here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando De Culo will never be an integral part of this team.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yes, Nando CAN play both PG and SG. The problem with him is that he can't shoot and teams don't respect his shot enough to cover him on offense which causes defenders to sag off him and clog the lanes. The other problem is his atrocious assist/turnover ratio. It's not that it's just bad... it's not sustainable at the NBA level. If he doesn't develop more consistency on both sides of the ball and learns how to run the team more efficiently, then he will be buried on the end of the bench for the entire season with a 0% chance of the Spurs picking up his option for next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando De Culo will never be an integral part of this team.
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Beli coming signals the end of De Colos chance with this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep, it won't be easy for him to get some playing time. His best hope is that some players got injured and/or Pop really reduce again Ginobili playing time.

Bruno you had mentioned before Nando was a complainer in France or Spain. He already gave that infamous interview to the French press during last season. Is he considered a huge headache/ about things, or is it more typical whining about playing time? I like Nando, I think he's got incredible court vision and would like to see him given more minutes, but wondering if he's going to be a cancer or the type to never excel over here.
    Calling that interview infamous is quite an exaggeration. While De Colo has sometimes whined in the press on how he was misused or not used enough, he has never done something that could hurt his team and he has always remained a good teammate.

If he doesn't play this season, I can see him asking to be traded or released but I really doubt it would escalate into him being in the pain in the ass for the team. It should remain a Blair scenario and not go as far as it went with Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, it won't be easy for him to get some playing time. His best hope is that some players got injured and/or Pop really reduce again Ginobili playing time.

Calling that interview infamous is quite an exaggeration. While De Colo has sometimes whined in the press on how he was misused or not used enough, he has never done something that could hurt his team and he has always remained a good teammate.

If he doesn't play this season, I can see him asking to be traded or released but I really doubt it would escalate into him being in the pain in the ass for the team. It should remain a Blair scenario and not go as far as it went with Jackson.
    By infamous, I mean in ST standards. Of course we over exaggerate everything here. But it's good to hear he's never been a huge . I can't even see him being as bad as Blair, lol at least not borrowing 30,000 for jewelry and not paying it back.

I have to wonder what his long term future is with Spurs or even the NBA. I read that recent interview with him, and he seemed to miss out on the Spanish lifestyle. Having spent some brief time there, I understand his feelings, especially about the need to drive everywhere here. I wonder if he goes back to Europe or determined to play at the highest level. Hopefully Pop can give him some more opportunities this year, because I still think he's got some unique skills.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Hopefully Pop can give him some more opportunities this year, because I still think he's got some unique skills.
    He'd better flat out bust it in the preseason because at this point, the only way De Colo sees minutes during the regular season is if somebody drops an anvil on CoJo's head because he isn't running Ginobili or Belinelli out of the gym anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm a bit late to the party, but a big thanks for taking the time to post all the pics. awesome job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Anthony Bennett really shoots three or it's because preseason that's why he's shooting 3's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Practice: Matt Bonner
    10.8.13 |
    4m36s

Practice: Manu Ginobili
    10.8.13 |
    6m31s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't here the name they said, who was Manu speaking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ettore Messina, the head coach of CSKA Moscow.

You can find an article here:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...hibition-game/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boxscore doesn't show blown defensive assignments.

Thread Information