Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    and have to move New Mexico State as the Asst WR Coach?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Sumlin isn't leaving for USC. Period.
    You still don't realize your still a second rate fringe top 25 school. USC is one of the top programs in the country, historically it is the best in the country at producing NFL talent. They recruit nationally like Notre Dame except they are hollywood. They own LA, your school barely owns Bryant College station. And your coach knows this.

Only a complete moron in denial would think he would pick collieville over Los Angeles. Where would you rather live, East Texas or Malibu?

The only reason, and I mean this, the only reason he picks aggsy over USC is if USC gives him a disrespectful offer, but more than likely they will go with an NFL guy or Steve Sarkasian.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Mack Brown to SC would be fun.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Not everyone prefers to live in Hollywood.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Not everyone prefers to live in Hollywood.
    Almost no one prefers to live in College Station.

Remember when Manziel said he couldn't wait to get out? That's on-record recruiting fodder against TAMU.

Sumlin knows he's on borrowed time. With Manziel he set the bar to an unattainable level. He isn't reaching this level of success with A&M again in another decade or more.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Almost no one prefers to live in College Station.

Remember when Manziel said he couldn't wait to get out? That's on-record recruiting fodder against TAMU.

Sumlin knows he's on borrowed time. With Manziel he set the bar to an unattainable level. He isn't reaching this level of success with A&M again in another decade or more.
    Because he's the biggest celebrity in town and he got a ticket for parking the wrong direction on a road. You're really reaching here. Remember that time when A&M pulled the best player in the state of Arizona to come play for us? Guess he likes college station.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Because he's the biggest celebrity in town and he got a ticket for parking the wrong direction on a road. You're really reaching here. Remember that time when A&M pulled the best player in the state of Arizona to come play for us? Guess he likes college station.
    Remember the last time you had a truly great coach? I think his name was Bear Bryant, what happened to him? Do you think anything has changed for anyone to believe that a$m is nothing more than a stepping stone university for the truly big named coaches.

Remember what happened to Tennessee when USC came calling? And believe me, they have more skins on their wall than aggsy could only dream of having. My dad was alive when they won their last MNC. The last time a$m won a legit conference le, none of us as yet had heard of Osama Bin Lauden.

Don't kid yourself, most sane people would rather live in SoCal over colleyville.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Everybody pulls the best talent out of Arizona. Most want to escape.

Don't get me wrong, A&M is a quality program. But USC is on the Mount Rushmore of college programs.

He may not go, but like VC says, it'll most like be because USC went in a different direction.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Remember the last time you had a truly great coach? I think his name was Bear Bryant, what happened to him? Do you think anything has changed for anyone to believe that a$m is nothing more than a stepping stone university for the truly big named coaches.

Remember what happened to Tennessee when USC came calling? And believe me, they have more skins on their wall than aggsy could only dream of having. My dad was alive when they won their last MNC. The last time a$m won a legit conference le, none of us as yet had heard of Osama Bin Lauden.

Don't kid yourself, most sane people would rather live in SoCal over colleyville.
    This post speaks for itself.

Everybody pulls the best talent out of Arizona. Most want to escape.

Don't get me wrong, A&M is a quality program. But USC is on the Mount Rushmore of college programs.

He may not go, but like VC says, it'll most like be because USC went in a different direction.
    Why would Kyle Allen choose to live in College Station when he could go almost anywhere else in the country?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sisk, I bet the sky is Maroon in your world. But your biggest weakness, this is Earth. And on Earth, your university is a fringe top 25 program of all-time. USC is one of the top 3 programs of all time. They have more recruiting advantages than Texas does, the only thing they don't have more of is money, but then again neither do you.

If both schools were in prison, they would own the cell block and aggsy would be bending over grabbing ankles.

Now, Sumlin might want to stay in aggsyville and call a$m home for the rest of his life, but don't count on it. Your school is no different than USCe, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, or Tennessee. When a big dog comes calling, your coach would be stupid to stay.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    In USC's defense at least they didn't wait to get rid of an under-performing Kiffin. Unlike say Texas and Mack Brown.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sisk, I bet the sky is Maroon in your world. But your biggest weakness, this is Earth. And on Earth, your university is a fringe top 25 program of all-time. USC is one of the top 3 programs of all time. They have more recruiting advantages than Texas does, the only thing they don't have more of is money, but then again neither do you.

If both schools were in prison, they would own the cell block and aggsy would be bending over grabbing ankles.

Now, Sumlin might want to stay in aggsyville and call a$m home for the rest of his life, but don't count on it. Your school is no different than USCe, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, or Tennessee. When a big dog comes calling, your coach would be stupid to stay.
    I love that you really believe that we are a "fringe" top 25 program.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    It's also funny he accuses you of thinking the sky is maroon.

I'm pretty sure he thinks the sky is orange and that Mack Brown can cause rain by crying.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's also funny he accuses you of thinking the sky is maroon.

I'm pretty sure he thinks the sky is orange and that Mack Brown can cause rain by crying.
    I also think he wrote one of the most unintentionally funny homer posts I've read here.

"but but I hate aggsy! let's talk about anything other than how much Texas sucks right now!"

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Also, the nickname "a$m" might even be less funny than when johngateswhitley thought he was being clever by reversing the letters and saying "t.u."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In no order...

Alabama
    Florida
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Miami
    Texas
    LSU
    Auburn
    Ohio St.
    Notre Dame
    USC
    Florida St.
    Oregon
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Wisconsin
    Oklahoma
    Penn State
    Wisconsin
    Michigan State
    UCLA
    Arkansas
    Ole Miss
    Tennessee

Texas A&M

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    a&m gets PUF funding bro. I gotta admit aggy is a lot better than a lot of those schools.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Yeah I think UCLA is a huge stretch. Once Jim Mora bolts for the NFL they'll be back to irrelevance.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    In no order...

Alabama
    Florida
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Miami
    Texas
    LSU
    Auburn
    Ohio St.
    Notre Dame
    USC
    Florida St.
    Oregon
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Wisconsin
    Oklahoma
    Penn State
    Wisconsin
    Michigan State
    UCLA
    Arkansas
    Ole Miss
    Tennessee

Texas A&M
    What is the point of a list if there is no order?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    a&m gets PUF funding bro. I gotta admit aggy is a lot better than a lot of those schools.
    Not historically...which is the context that was given. They have only won 6 bowl games since 1986. UCLA isn't that much better historically but they still are...due to a streak of 8 bowl wins in a row between '83 and '91. I'd say at least 15 of those are significantly ahead of Aggie...and the other 9 can be debated ahead. So saying they are historically a fringe top 25 team is not unreasonable.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Not historically...which is the context that was given. They have only won 6 bowl games since 1986. UCLA isn't that much better historically but they still are...due to a streak of 8 bowl wins in a row between '83 and '91. I'd say at least 15 of those are significantly ahead of Aggie...and the other 9 can be debated ahead. So saying they are historically a fringe top 25 team is a reasonable statement.
    What's more relevant in determining the value of a coaching job?

A. Current direction of a program, quality of facilities, fan support, conference the school is in
    OR
    B. How good a team was in the 1980s

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What's more relevant in determining the value of a coaching job?

A. Current direction of a program, quality of facilities, fan support, conference the school is in
    OR
    B. How good a team was in the 1980s
    Stop deflecting, Fkla.

The statement was made that USC is a top 3 program of all time. This is probably not true, but they are certainly top 10.

The statement was made that A&M is a fringe top 25 program of all time. This might or might not be true depending on what angle you argue from, but it is certainly plausible.

You want to talk current? USC s on A&M as a program both currently and historically and always will. If they go after Sumlin he is gone. If you would like to ELE bet on that I will gladly oblige you.

Post Count
    Would Mack Brown take the USC job??? I kid... I kid...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Stop deflecting, Fkla.

The statement was made that USC is a top 3 program of all time. This is probably not true, but they are certainly top 10.

The statement was made that A&M is a fringe top 25 program of all time. This might or might not be true depending on what angle you argue from, but it is certainly plausible.

You want to talk current? USC s on A&M as a program both currently and historically and always will. If they go after Sumlin he is gone. If you would like to ELE bet on that I will gladly oblige you.
    You can't answer a direct question yet I'm deflecting? If you want to rank schools, rank them. Don't pussy foot around the issue and list a bunch of schools for the of it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What the does it matter what order they are in? The statement was made and I listed 24 programs that are arguably historically better than Aggie. Rank them yourself if you want it done your way.

Thread Information