Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    canned!!!!

Holy crap what an embarrassing demise. Removed from team bus? Dumped to find own way back home from airport? Fired five weeks in? Hahaha...

I worked with Phil Fumler's daughter, Brittany, for over a year. It was always hilarious to here her sweet, southern vocabulary and accent call Kiffin a . Fumler's are celebrating today, that's for sure.

Couldn't have happened to a bigger tl...

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Dumbass reportedly recently borrowed $500,000 from USC (or got an advance) so he could buy a Manhattan Beach mansion. Whoops! USC can demand advance back immediately.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Yeah it'll be a long time before he gets a head coaching job again. Wonder if he'll even be able to go back to being an OC.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Rumblings are that the players sort of celebrated upon hearing the news. These are all his recruits. When the kindest response is an anonymous "we aren't upset he's gone," holy crap you've failed.

But he failed at Tennessee and landed USC.
    And he failed at Oakland and landed Tennessee.

Crazy how some people fail upward. He and Alford.

Something 'bout LA mentality, I guess.

"Sucked in his last role, but he's perfect for my vision!"

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Lots of talk of Fischer and Del Rio, but a name that makes a ton of sense is Kevin Sumlin. Basically leverage Manziel into USC gig. His style would get boosters back .

Post Count
    Dumbass reportedly recently borrowed $500,000 from USC (or got an advance) so he could buy a Manhattan Beach mansion. Whoops! USC can demand advance back immediately.
    Well, he has good taste because Manhattan Beach is a beautiful and great place to live, but a "7,308-square-foot contemporary Craftsman [with] six bedrooms and seven bathrooms" is a bit excessive.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul...tprop-20120715

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    lol johngateswhiteley

lol lol if he somehow ends up with the cowboys
    Last edited by Blake; 09-29-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Post Count
    It gets better.

"Now here's the rub: Under the terms of the loan, if Lane gets fired or quits, USC can demand the $500k back, STAT. And Lane has to pay interest to boot."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/23/usc-to...#ixzz2gIlqYk40

Post Count
    He can probably afford it somehow though.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'd imagine Steve Sarkisian might top there list a long with Sumlin.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He bought that house last summer. Not very recent.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    And LOL USC

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Makes sense to do it now. They know UT is going to be looking as well. This way they get a head start

lololololololololoololololololol

Lots of people saw this coming, not sure how USC didn't and hired him in the first place

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My money is they get Sarkisian, Del Rio, or Fisher, but I will never let you live it down if they hire Sumlin from you aggsy

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    We wont let USC outbid us for Sumlin. He may get a raise out of the whole thing, but if he leaves it will be for something other than cash. He's also just completing a new house in CS.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    USC can spend whatever. GTF out if the SEC which will be impossible to win without Manziel, head to Cali and freaking own the town, and, likely, the conference and always be in discussion for NC.

Sumlin thought about picking Arizona over A&M. USC should be a no-brainer unless he's angling for Texas.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    USC can spend whatever. GTF out if the SEC which will be impossible to win without Manziel, head to Cali and freaking own the town, and, likely, the conference and always be in discussion for NC.

Sumlin thought about picking Arizona over A&M. USC should be a no-brainer unless he's angling for Texas.
    You think A&M will be outbid by USC? A&M wont match or better USC's offer? Sumlin would never pick Arizona over A&M, get your head out of your ass.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You think A&M will be outbid by USC? A&M wont match or better USC's offer? Sumlin would never pick Arizona over A&M, get your head out of your ass.
    It's not just about money, a$m has money, more than anyone in the SEC, but you are again in a no win situation. He is in the shadow of Saban and Miles at a program that might be one of the top 25 in the country but no where near the top 10. USC is in the top 5 maybe top 3 programs in the country. They are the only program to have more advantages than Texas. They recruit the nation like Texas recruits the state of Texas. They are hollywood. If he goes to USC he will always be in the national le hunt, if he stays at a$m he will barely be in the SEC West division hunt.

USC is to the Pac 12 what Texas is to the Big 12 and Alabama is to the SEC. It wasn't long ago that USC was the premier program in the nation, most recruits haven't forgotten that.

To be honest, Sumlin would be an idiot to pick aggsy over USC, I don't care what kind of house he is building.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    I experienced something you will never experience. I watched the team I have followed since I was 8 years old win a national championship. I was a fan back in 1983 when we lost to Georgia. I was a fan back when the wheels fell off the program back in 1984. I was a fan and had to endure losing to Miami back in 1990 cotton bowl. I endured McWilliams, Machovic and Mack having blowout losses to OU.

Fact is it was all worth it see us win the MNC. You can say what you want, but Mack is a better coach than anything you have ever had at Tech and if he were at Tech win or lose he would be a legend just like he is at Texas. When your school wins something, anything then you can judge Mack but until then you don't know what you are talking about.

He needs to be replaced, there is no doubt about it, but he goes out with dignity and respect he has earned.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I experienced something you will never experience. I watched the team I have followed since I was 8 years old win a national championship. I was a fan back in 1983 when we lost to Georgia. I was a fan back when the wheels fell off the program back in 1984. I was a fan and had to endure losing to Miami back in 1990 cotton bowl. I endured McWilliams, Machovic and Mack having blowout losses to OU.

Fact is it was all worth it see us win the MNC. You can say what you want, but Mack is a better coach than anything you have ever had at Tech and if he were at Tech win or lose he would be a legend just like he is at Texas. When your school wins something, anything then you can judge Mack but until then you don't know what you are talking about.

He needs to be replaced, there is no doubt about it, but he goes out with dignity and respect he has earned.
    Fantastic, sing my song, young . I had no idea I was in your heart and mind as well. I need to copyright that quote, make a little money every time you sing it.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Sumlin strongly considered Arizona, then opted to stay in Texas and net more money from A&M.

Had money been near equal, who knows?

And that's the point. If he really liked the idea of coaching the the PAC enough to strongly consider a middle-tier team like Arizona, then, having likely coached for the last time, the most talented player he'll ever get at A&M, why wouldn't he opt for USC at year' send with near equal money, prestige, and the lure of LA to recruit nationally?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sumlin strongly considered Arizona, then opted to stay in Texas and net more money from A&M.

Had money been near equal, who knows?

And that's the point. If he really liked the idea of coaching the the PAC enough to strongly consider a middle-tier team like Arizona, then, having likely coached for the last time, the most talented player he'll ever get at A&M, why wouldn't he opt for USC at year' send with near equal money, prestige, and the lure of LA to recruit nationally?
    Had money been more from Arizona he would have chosen A&M still. The ceiling for A&M is much higher than at Arizona. This isn't basketball.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Given how much money USC threw at someone like Kiffin, I can't imagine how much money they'd throw at someone like Sumlin who's actually a good coach

The fact USC kept Kiffin and then fired him after 5 games makes even less sense than when Arizona kept Stoops for the 2011 season and fired him after 6 games. Both coaches, the season before, had extremely disappointing 7-5 seasons with horrible finishes and were despised by the fans. There was absolutely no chance Kiffin was going to resurrect any kind of career at USC after last season just like there was no chance Stoops would bounce back at UofA after the 2010 season. All it does is kill recruiting and make it so the inevitable rebuilding phase lasts a year longer when you keep a coach like Kiffin or Stoops who's as good as gone.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The money will not be an issue. If USC comes calling then Sumlin is gone. Only a dumbass would think otherwise.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Are there actual rumblings of USC being interested in Sumlin or just speculation by posters ?

What the led to kiffin getting kicked out the team bus too.

Thread Information