Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    One of my prized possesions is his near mint (one corner a bit soft) 1958 rookie card, it cost me 200 bucks. Don't know the value of it now because I'd never sell it.

What took Cleveland so long to put his name up? He remains the greatest running back of all time (actually a fullback, as were most the great backs back then) He averaged over 100 yards a game for his career, he averaged over 5 yards a carry for his career. Nobody dominated their era like he did and keep in mind defenses were all geared up to stop him and still couldn't do it.

At 6-2 230 pounds with sub 10.0 yards speed he was a freak of nature in his day, he was as big as defensive linemen and faster than cornerbacks (lot of white ones back then). , as a rookie he returned kickoffs, a 230 pounder running back kicks...whoa! He should have won the Heisman his senior year at Syracuse, but times being as they were back then he stood no chance.

The closest thing we see today to Jim Brown is Adrian Peterson, he also has that size with speed combo and while not as powerful as Brown he does run hard.

With his size and speed/power Jim Brown could (obviously talking about in his prime) play today. He is as physically imposing as any back in the league.

Last edited by Avante; 10-04-2013 at 05:03 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    One of my prized possesions is his near mint (one corner a bit soft) 1958 rookie card, it cost me 200 bucks. Don't know the value of it now because I'd never sell it.

What took Cleveland so long to put his name up? He remains the greatest running back of all time (actually a fullback, as were most the great backs back then) He averaged over 100 yards a game for his career, he averaged over 5 yards a carry for his career. Nobody dominated their era like he did and keep in mind defenses were all geared up to stop him and still couldn't do it.

At 6-2 230 pounds with sub 10.0 yards speed he was a freak of nature in his day, he was as big as defensive linemen and faster than cornerbacks (lot of white ones back then). , as a rookie he returned kickoffs, a 230 pounder running back kicks...whoa! He should have won the Heisman his senior year at Syracuse, but times being as they were back then he stood no chance.

The closest thing we see today to Jim Brown is Adrian Peterson, he also has that size with speed combo and while not as powerful as Brown he does run hard.

With his size and speed/power Jim Brown could (obviously talking about in his prime) play today. He is as physically imposing as any back in the league.

quick, give me your list of top 5 rbs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    1.Jim Brown...Syracuse/Browns
    2.Barry Sanders...Oklahoma St/Lions
    3.Gale Sayers...Kansas/Bears
    4.Walter Payton...Jackson State/Bears
    5.Marion Motley...Reno/Browns
    6.Emmitt Smith...Florida/Cowboys
    7.Eric erson...SMU/Rams
    8.O.J.Simpson...USC/Bills
    9.LaDainian Tomlinson...TCU/Chargers
    10.Marshall Faulk...SDS/Rams
    11.Adrian Peterson...Oklahoma/Vikes
    12.Earl Campbell...Texas/Oilers
    13.Tony Dorsett...Pitt/Cowboys
    14.Marcus Allen..USC/Raiders
    15.Jerome Bettis....ND/Steelers
    16.Curtis Martin...Pitt/Jets
    17.Thurman Thomas...Oklahoma St/Bills
    18.Roger Craig...Nebraska/Niners
    19.Bo Jackson...Auburn/Raiders
    20.Joe "The Jet" Perry..Compton JC/Niners
    21,Edgerrin James...Miami/Colts
    22.Franco Harris...Penn State/Steelers
    23.John Riggins...Kansas/Redskins
    24.Jim Taylor...LSU/Packers
    25.Fred Taylor...Florida/Jags
    Last edited by Avante; 10-04-2013 at 06:49 AM.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Jim Brown is the greatest football player of all time. Not just the greatest running back.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    tough to have a top 25 RB list without Csonka

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    5.Marion Motley...Reno/Browns
    6.Emmitt Smith...Florida/Cowboys
    No

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cowboy fan thinks cowboy player ranked too low

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    cowboy fan thinks cowboy player ranked too low
    Avante shield trying to read between lines that aren't there.

Or you can prove that Motley is better than Smith.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I actually never made the assertion that motley > smith. Found it predictable that a cowboy fan would pout about a cowboy being too low in his ranking

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I actually never made the assertion that motley > smith. Found it predictable that a cowboy fan would pout about a cowboy being too low in his ranking
    so you don't agree or disagree, you just want to be a and make an idiotic assumption about me.

Got it.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Avante must be thrilled he found an NFL forum semen should since prison guard doesn't post in this forum.

Banned
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Avante must be thrilled he found an NFL forum semen should since prison guard doesn't post in this forum.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    so you don't agree or disagree, you just want to be a and make an idiotic assumption about me.

Got it.
    i didn't make any assumption. Is it an assumption that you are a cowboys fan?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Funny how making a comment that doesn't mention, and has nothing to do with Avante makes me a shield, especially when I criticized the list on the thread

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    tough to have a top 25 RB list without Csonka
    Who does he replace?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    #25 for starters

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Motley had a 5.7 career average, if he'd played in 16 games seasons instead of 11-14 he'd been the all time leading rusher for awhile. He totally dominated his era much like Brown did. A 240 pound train was what he was. He had six seasons where he averaged over 5 yards a carry. He;s in the Hall of Fame.

Emmitt had so many runs where he's 4 yards down the field before he had to do anything thanks to that gigantic line and Aikman to Irvin and Novachek.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Fred Taylor scored more td's, had more yards and a better career average per carry.

He had seven seasons where he gained over 1100 yards, Csonka had...one.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-05-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why not do what I try to do which is talk football.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    i didn't make any assumption. Is it an assumption that you are a cowboys fan?
    your idiotic assumption is that I think Smith is ranked too low. And that I'm pouting.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    No it's not an assumption. You quotes his list with motley above smith, as your comment just said "no." It's not an assumption to say you thought smith should be ranked higher

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    No it's not an assumption. You quotes his list with motley above smith, as your comment just said "no." It's not an assumption to say you thought smith should be ranked higher
    you don't know what an assumption is.

And yours is wrong.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I have a fantastic magazine put out by THE SPORTING NEWS. They totally tear into the history of the running back. They go back to the days of the "Galloping Ghost" Red Grange.

Their top 10

1.Jim Brown
    2.Barry Sanders
    3.Walter Payton
    4.Gale Sayers
    5.Earl Campbell
    6.O.J.Simpson
    7.Marion Mottley
    8.Emmitt Smith
    9.Eric erson
    10.Bronko Nagurski

They rank the top 50, and go into depth about the reason someone is ranked where they are.

Thread Information