Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no one mentions game 7

We were too crushed to win game 7...
    Then we don't deserve anything because we did not react like a championship team.
    2014 we became perhaps the best team the NBA has ever seen. So I'm good.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no one mentions game 7

We were too crushed to win game 7...
    Then we don't deserve anything because we did not react like a championship team.
    2014 we became perhaps the best team the NBA has ever seen. So I'm good.

??? The Spurs were right there to take that game. Battier going 6-7 or whatever it was from the three point line saved their season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ??? The Spurs were right there to take that game. Battier going 6-7 or whatever it was from the three point line saved their season.
    So what.

We missed the easy tap in. On to the 18 th hole.
    We did not react like champions. It's very simple, win game 7, forget game 6, it's over.
    We would have been hailed as one of the most resilient teams off all time, but we wilted.

And the players and coach basically admit we were done.
    We don't deserve anything, life in the NBA is cruel, tough truffles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also believe 2013 led to 2014.

2014 is very understated because we crushed the will of opponents.
    2014 was as sweet as anything I have experienced as a fan of this team.
    I think it is taken as a given after 2013, it's more than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1995 WCF was worse than 6 to me tbh
    Indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very simple, win game 7, forget game 6, it's over.
    We would have been hailed as one of the most resilient teams off all time, but we wilted.
    No, winning a Game 7 on the road against a 67-win team that had the best player in the world at his peak is not "simple"...not even remotely. It was a one point game going into the 4th, and a one possession game within the last minute. That's what you call "wilting"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The city of San Antonio was in morning the next day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, winning a Game 7 on the road against a 67-win team that had the best player in the world at his peak is not "simple"...not even remotely. It was a one point game going into the 4th, and a one possession game within the last minute. That's what you call "wilting"?
    Not sure why we are dredgng this up, ah I get it killing time to "LaDecision."

Your claim that Miami won 67 regular season games that year is outrageous. A quick Google/Wikipedia check will show it was a mere 66 games. Great season no doubt though, and tough opponent.

That the Spurs may not have won 5 like they did if 6 didn't happen is a valid point. After all, the Heat dropped to 54 wins the next season with the same team. They got fat and happy instead of the Spurs, similar to the 2014-2015 Spurs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The city of San Antonio is in morning right now too tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god for 5, that was hard to swallow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough tacos.

You go in there and win. We got beat in the 4th, it was not good enough, we wore down mentally. The players and Popovich have basically indicated as much. Being close at the beginning of the 4th does not give a team a participation award. We were not good enough in game 7, it's quite simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why we are dredgng this up, ah I get it killing time to "LaDecision."

Your claim that Miami won 67 regular season games that year is outrageous. A quick Google/Wikipedia check will show it was a mere 66 games. Great season no doubt though, and tough opponent.

That the Spurs may not have won 5 like they did if 6 didn't happen is a valid point. After all, the Heat dropped to 54 wins the next season with the same team. They got fat and happy instead of the Spurs, similar to the 2014-2015 Spurs.
    ...are you trolling me right now?

Do you know what outrageous means? Overstating a team's win total by 1 win while reciting it off the top of my head is not "outrageous"

I never said a single word about 2014. I completely agree that things might not have went down the same way in 2014 if we hadn't suffered the loss in 2013. I'm arguing with his stance that we "wilted" in Game 7 and didn't show fight. That's bull . They went out there and played a of a game. Just because you lost doesn't mean you didn't play well or show fight or whatever else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough tacos.

You go in there and win. We got beat in the 4th, it was not good enough, we wore down mentally. The players and Popovich have basically indicated as much. Being close at the beginning of the 4th does not give a team a participation award. We were not good enough in game 7, it's quite simple.
    "We weren't good enough" isn't the same as "We wilted and didn't react like champions". I agree with the former; I couldn't disagree more with the latter.

The team suffered one of the most heartbreaking losses in sports history in Game 6. They came back only a couple of days later and played a of a game on the road in Game 7. They didn't "wilt". They didn't shrink under pressure. They just got beat. happens. A loss is a loss - I'm not disputing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EHHH Hakeem killed them and that series was over first 2 games basically, it hurt but losing the le when you had it right there is far worse. 95 hurt me as a young fsn a lot at the time but I still could sleep the nights after spite being down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When LMA signs with PHX, I'm prepared for It Still Hurts, Vol. 2 ©
    Like the copyright symbol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. If LMA signs elsewhere, I'll laugh and start researching Plan B, tbh.
    6 was the lowest of lows you could ever face in sports. It was the equivalent of losing everything to bankruptcy in a quick swoop. Winning 5 was like winning the lottery after you had suffered with no hopes of ever getting your money back. '13 and '14 was super irregular it was like out of a movie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't even compare anything to 6. That hurt 100 times worse than anything else. Dirk Foul and .4 were small potatoes compared to 6.

Thankfully, 5 negated 6. In fact, 5 was made even better by 6. So 6 doesn't hurt at all anymore.
    Indeed! 5 will go down as the greatest redemption story in sports! I'm still in shock!
    Last edited by spurs10; 07-03-2015 at 11:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We weren't good enough" isn't the same as "We wilted and didn't react like champions". I agree with the former; I couldn't disagree more with the latter.

The team suffered one of the most heartbreaking losses in sports history in Game 6. They came back only a couple of days later and played a of a game on the road in Game 7. They didn't "wilt". They didn't shrink under pressure. They just got beat. happens. A loss is a loss - I'm not disputing that.
    Have any of the Spurs indicated that game 6 was too much to overcome?
    Rhetorical question... Yes they did.

And wilted is a fine term as they slowly but surely got beat in the 4 th quarter. They did not fall off a ledge, they wilted. I am far from an English major yet I find the term agreeable.
    Get over it. They were better in the last and final game that was to suppose to determine the series. But no, it's 6... ?
    Sorry, it went 7 games. We lost the 7th game which was my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about ground down?

Ya like that? I agree they kept it close and I was proud of the effort but we did not overcome game 6 apparently.
    We did not deserve the championship. That's it, that's all. Sport can be cruel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing guys I mean nothing will be as bad for Spurfan as 6. Even when LMA signs with LA, 6 will still cause more pain. 6 was so bad, it trumps the glory of 5 for most Spurs fans I talk to. Way to go Popsuckers and Manu s!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 was the worst for me. The Spurs were good enough to win it, had healthy bigs on the bench ... God damn that still bothers me 6 wasn't so bad just because I was so surprised to find the window still open. That playoff run was far deeper than I ever expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The city of San Antonio is in morning every day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The city of San Antonio is in morning every day.
    phone auto-correct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phone auto-correct
    Ugh. I just got an LG G4 and it does that. Drives me nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't even compare anything to 6. That hurt 100 times worse than anything else. Dirk Foul and .4 were small potatoes compared to 6.

Thankfully, 5 negated 6. In fact, 5 was made even better by 6. So 6 doesn't hurt at all anymore.
    This site, and being a Spurs fan, is 1 billion times better when you're around. Hope this isn't just a fly-by appearance tbh

Thread Information