Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm over it. On to the season, where the spurs will win 60 games and be a top 3 seed in the west.
    Just make the playoffs and win the last game you play. Everything else is irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the cruelest loss I can remember in any sport. It took me months to wear my Spurs gear and check out updates on the team. The good thing is the Spurs have another shot this year, and they look hungrier and perhaps a little better. Looking back at that game, I'm still proud of the team reaching that far and going that close to a ring. It was the Heat's turn really, and we happen to be at the receiving end of a huge kick to the balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I locked myself in my bedroom, following game 6...just starting to get out n about now. It's been a long 4 months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can relate to you. I was sitting in a hospital recently with a sick family member, and even THEN I thought about the Spurs loss.

The only way to look at it is as cold hard statistics. The odds of losing Game 6 at that point were about 1% I'm told. Then you throw in the fact that we also could have won Game 7 and the odds of losing the entire series when were were up with 28 seconds in 6, were about 1 in 200.

But, if I recall, we were the first playoff team to ever come back from such a deficit in so little time in Game 1 of the Warriors series. The odds on that were between 1 in 300 and 1 in 1000 depending on who you ask.

So, during the Spurs playoff run, the Spurs themselves had one statistically miraculous comeback go their way (against the Warriors) and one go against them (the Heat). It happened both ways. We were neither lucky nor unlucky. It's just the random outliers of probability.

It doesn't really help much, I know. But if you bemoan the Heat loss, then we should remember how damn lucky we got against Goldenstate Game 1.

That said, I'll remember that loss forever, just like you, and many of us on this board.

Look forward to a great season!
    The odds were less than 1%. We had every statistic in our favor by getting the 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 leads. As close as game 6 was and even our 10 point lead I think the series was lost in game 4 when Spoelstra was smart enough to realize he couldn't score against our starting 5 and then went with Mike Miller.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it hurt, especially after game 6.
    By game 7, I expected what happened, so I was prepared for it.
    I healed quickly, within a couple of days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me whatever you want but I still think it is just silly that a game affect you so much especially if you are a grown up man with a family. It sucked during a couple of hours but then you realize that your team made you proud to be a fan, that it has been a great fun season, you have a great life and that's just a freaking sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ING MANU!!!

sitting in that ing bar in Seattle, waiting to explode in jubilation, only to be thwarted by something I didnt think could happen....

ing painful. Hard to lose that way, would have rather those ing assholes have beat the Spurs by 30 that night.
    I can only imagine being in a bar that night! I would have drank that last beer and sat there and paid the tab and went back to where I was staying and literally go to bed.. There was nothing else to do that night after that but sleep. I hate that finals series and hate the way it ended, thats all I am going to say there.

I am not over it being I still talk about it at work and even think about is almost everyday and think I have it handled and then picture Manu getting fouled to PUT US UP 5 and then the rebounds we were missing just praying one went to us and we get the rebound and then celebrating! Unfortunately that rebound did not happen and nobody left to go to the line to ice it and put it again just a big three and then another one I was ready to explode that night and party, then boom. I won't forget that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll get another chance, let's go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the fact that we were in the position to win the championship barring some bull luck means a lot.

Miami was extremely lucky to beat us. Do people realize this? They were ing incredibly lucky. That in itself is a huge success. We truly deserved that le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome back.

Yeah, it still hurt a lot. Now, I've decided that I was done talking about it on ST. If there are always people talking about it here, it certainly doesn't help to get his mind off it.

And as a french the joy to see France winning the Eurobasket with a great game against Spain, surely help to ease the pain. Whenever I think at the NBA finals, I then think at the Eurobasket win.
    I wish that Eurobasket win was a sign of things to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to see you guys are back

forum wasn't the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think about it on that long ride home from school or when my heat fan friend ( been there pre Lbj I might add) rubs it in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 6

silverblk mystix
    Lol - this is what a few of us have been sayin' and all you ladies got your panties twisted in knots....

LJ says the same thing - and all you ladies are having a little emo -fest. FOUR in' months later...

Losers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's always darkest before it goes pitch black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol - this is what a few of us have been sayin' and all you ladies got your panties twisted in knots....

LJ says the same thing - and all you ladies are having a little emo -fest. FOUR in' months later...

Losers.
    True I been over that on an EMO LEVEL, sure as not on a cruise now thinking of that (I would be trying to get a girl there etc.). I curse when It talk about it and get mad and say we ing blew it, then my day proceeds and I am fine. I had a friend die last week and got real going on, real life stuff so this Sports stuff is secondary to me as far as thoughts go all day long and it won't effect my personal life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty much over it, but some of the pain will be back when the Spurs play Miami and we're reminded again and again how close they came to a fifth le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before game 6 started, I pregamed with my research group. Got drunk as before the game. During the game, I was on such a crazy vibe having an even keel feel and all. Going up double digits late in the third quarter was awesome but I knew Miami would make a run. They did, and they actually took the lead due to Pop's questionable coaching. I remember when Manu got the rebound and was fouled to stop the time. I scram "finish that boy". Damn, the rest sucked.

After the game, I was so hammered that I didn't even give a about postgame stuff. I just knocked out. Waking up early the next day, the first thing that came to mind was the game. I didn't want anything to do with b-ball after. It was a gruesome feeling tbh. Worse than a break-up...I remember dreading coming to the site on the day after. I didn't want to be reminded about Game 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before game 6 started, I pregamed with my research group. Got drunk as before the game. During the game, I was on such a crazy vibe having an even keel feel and all. Going up double digits late in the third quarter was awesome but I knew Miami would make a run. They did, and they actually took the lead due to Pop's questionable coaching. I remember when Manu got the rebound and was fouled to stop the time. I scram "finish that boy". Damn, the rest sucked.

After the game, I was so hammered that I didn't even give a about postgame stuff. I just knocked out. Waking up early the next day, the first thing that came to mind was the game. I didn't want anything to do with b-ball after. It was a gruesome feeling tbh. Worse than a break-up...I remember dreading coming to the site on the day after. I didn't want to be reminded about Game 6.
    I was drunk as well and went through all you just said there, ready to party all night after that spite work the next day and then boom..... I had to just go to sleep and turn that off. I knew that was it and we would not game 7 after that, most of us knew that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol last time i got hammered during a game was game 7 of the 2005 NBA Finals. I was so nervous at halftime of that game i drank myself silly. Didn't enjoy the Championship celebration that much as i was in bed spewing my guts up. Great stuff I was more numb then anything after this years loss, i try not to think about it as it makes me feel sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Normally I like the freedom and independence of this site, some moderation is needed, but after that game, I was hoping some trolls would get banned. I just wasn't in the mood, but oddly I think it sort of brought some of us together, defending the site from various heads and losers.

For me, I think the turning point in the series was that infamous Lebron block on Tiago. I just remember thinking "oh ......" when that happened. I can't quantify that moment or give a value to it, but it was a moment when you realized Lebron is the best player on the planet and that team is probably juiced to the max. I also think it made Tiago's balls shrink, which in turn made Ginobili even more wild and panicky, which led to Pop really not knowing what to do and ting the bed at key moments.

It's possible that the infamous block didn't have a domino effect like I suggested, but it definitely shook my confidence.

Truth is that despite Tiago disappearing and Ginobili ting the bed, that Heat team was a defensive juggernaut. Only thing I appreciate is that we lost to them on their third trip to the Finals, and not the first or second, because I think/hope that their journey is going to get even more difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me whatever you want but I still think it is just silly that a game affect you so much especially if you are a grown up man with a family. It sucked during a couple of hours but then you realize that your team made you proud to be a fan, that it has been a great fun season, you have a great life and that's just a freaking sport.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJ going kobyz on us guys

Good to see you back brah, the upstairs has been severely lacking without your insight
    If you call to being real "going kobyz" so be it... Honestly timvp was understatment his feelings here, the pain is much larger and deeper than what he describe... Too bad too many people here are hypocrites or living in denial, they have problem to admit that this dissepointment is somthing else than all dissepointments this world could offer, the biggest and most cruel dissepointment ever!! Dissepointment that keep you torn and agonized until your last day(and maybe even after)...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ing timeout after Manu hit the free throw was when I started to allow myself to believe that the Spurs were going to win. I'd managed to push that feeling away throughout the entire run. Once it hit, it flooded me. I know it's just sports and has nothing to do with real life, but I simply never thought the Spurs would be in this position again. Then Pop put in Diaw and my blood just ran cold. The dog was out on the freeway again, and I had to keep watching, knowing the outcome. I try really hard to put it out of my mind or to go Jerry Jones and "moral victory" it. Not working so far. Hoping the Spurs have one more season of health in them with a little anger on top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Yes. This exactly.

Thread Information