Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me whatever you want but I still think it is just silly that a game affect you so much especially if you are a grown up man with a family. It sucked during a couple of hours but then you realize that your team made you proud to be a fan, that it has been a great fun season, you have a great life and that's just a freaking sport.
    No .

Get over it, guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you call to being real "going kobyz" so be it... Honestly timvp was understatment his feelings here, the pain is much larger and deeper than what he describe... Too bad too many people here are hypocrites or living in denial, they have problem to admit that this dissepointment is somthing else than all dissepointments this world could offer, the biggest and most cruel dissepointment ever!! Dissepointment that keep you torn and agonized until your last day(and maybe even after)...
    I thought you already killed yourself, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *squaaaawk* I'm so depressed the Spurs lost

*squaaaawk* Life isn't worth living

*squaaaawk* Won't someone pay attention to me?

*whistle*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may be pink because of all the manu hate i posted after the loss, but, what can i do?

Im a die hard spurs fan and i never wanted more anything than to get that number five

Fans of other teams will never get it.

I still remember those 28 seconds like it happened just a few minutes ago.

Every miami ring celebration, every lebron back to back champion ad and commercial

All of those sting.

Because That couldve/shouldve been the spurs.

The only thing thats saving me is the fact that, as a spurs fan, weve been through this

The manu foul, .4, all those hurt

but those had a lot of what ifs

who knew if we were going to beat the pistons in the finals? Could we have beaten miami that time? (although i really thought we could)

But this, we were so close..

In fact, it was ours. All we needed to do was what pop dont the press a couple of years ago.

"dont screw it up"

and we did.

Im still happy for the spurs and what they achieved last season and im excited to see them play..

But lets admit it, it still hurts. Bad.

Sorry for venting out.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

great job e-gang! summer would have been so quiet without you.

but now the off season is over.

we have a game to love and not a loss to bemoan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll get another chance, let's go!
    No you won't. Injuries to other teams allowed to come through the back door last season. Its over.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is my take. Those people that keep saying "get over it" or "there is more to life than basketball" are the Pop lovers and Manu fanboys. They know that these two men are mostly responsible for costing us a 5th championship but they don't want to admit it so they rather go in denial or forget that Game 6 ever happened. Those of us that are true diehard Spurs fans know that Game 6 will foreever haunt us especially if the Spurs never win another championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel the same en way...im not over it either..im kinda not lookin forward to season. ..but oh well..I really think about it everyday..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol - this is what a few of us have been sayin' and all you ladies got your panties twisted in knots....

LJ says the same thing - and all you ladies are having a little emo -fest. FOUR in' months later...

Losers.
    I agree. You and I have expressed our frustration countless of times and people call us trolls. LJ does the same and "oh, that's ok."
    Normally I like the freedom and independence of this site, some moderation is needed, but after that game, I was hoping some trolls would get banned. I just wasn't in the mood, but oddly I think it sort of brought some of us together, defending the site from various heads and losers.

For me, I think the turning point in the series was that infamous Lebron block on Tiago. I just remember thinking "oh ......" when that happened. I can't quantify that moment or give a value to it, but it was a moment when you realized Lebron is the best player on the planet and that team is probably juiced to the max. I also think it made Tiago's balls shrink, which in turn made Ginobili even more wild and panicky, which led to Pop really not knowing what to do and ting the bed at key moments.

It's possible that the infamous block didn't have a domino effect like I suggested, but it definitely shook my confidence.

Truth is that despite Tiago disappearing and Ginobili ting the bed, that Heat team was a defensive juggernaut. Only thing I appreciate is that we lost to them on their third trip to the Finals, and not the first or second, because I think/hope that their journey is going to get even more difficult.
    I hope you weren't referring to me. I've just been stating the obvious this whole time and not letting the Pop and Manu apologists have their way.

great job e-gang! summer would have been so quiet without you.

but now the off season is over.

we have a game to love and not a loss to bemoan.
    Says so a guy with a Ginobili gear on his avatar who would rather forget about Game 6 because it reminds him of how pathetic his favorite player played all year long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty much over it, but some of the pain will be back when the Spurs play Miami and we're reminded again and again how close they came to a fifth le.

We'll be reminded for as long as we watch basketball. How many times havewe seen the .4 highlight? They break it out at least 10 times a season.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. You and I have expressed our frustration countless of times and people call us trolls. LJ does the same and "oh, that's ok."I hope you weren't referring to me. I've just been stating the obvious this whole time and not letting the Pop and Manu apologists have their way.Says so a guy with a Ginobili gear on his avatar who would rather forget about Game 6 because it reminds him of how pathetic his favorite player played all year long.
    Manu played bad. very bad.
    never claimed he didn't.
    he is my favorite player. still.
    not a fair weather fan like you.
    I'm not gonna burn my Manu shirt.
    reason 1: fan loyality.
    reason 2: I don't wanna be like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome back, hopefully this season's run makes up for it!

Also, you would have been very comfortable here over the summer, there was a lot of constant from a handful of jokers.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is my take. Those people that keep saying "get over it" or "there is more to life than basketball" are the Pop lovers and Manu fanboys. They know that these two men are mostly responsible for costing us a 5th championship but they don't want to admit it so they rather go in denial or forget that Game 6 ever happened. Those of us that are true diehard Spurs fans know that Game 6 will foreever haunt us especially if the Spurs never win another championship.
    Pure unadulterated BS.
    You are no die hard fan, just the opposite!
    You continually spew your hatred for a certain two Spurs (Pop and Manu) attributing all the blame, the sole blame, their way when in essence the whole team made mistakes that led to their defeat, and when disagreed with you resort to juvenile ignorant ridicule no matter that the facts prove how wrong you truly are!
    You are totally blind to the true facts shown by so many here who have given reasons, stats, and indisputable examples of other players mistakes in those finals because it does not support your biased views that there were only two at fault and no one else, thus taking away your scapegoats!
    Admit it! Tell the truth!
    You just can't accept the facts! The facts are Pop and Manu made mistakes, but others made mistakes, TP made mistakes plus he was injured, TD made mistakes, maybe the least but still made mistakes, Kawhi made mistakes, Green made mistakes, Diaw made mistakes, Tiago made mistakes, , they all made mistakes.
    And you give no credit, where credit is due, to the Heat stepping up their team defense, or the Heat finally showing their offense which gave them the best record in the league and thus home court advantage.
    All of this in your obsessive quest to pin it all on your two chosen pet scapegoats.
    Get a life!
    You are either a typical bandwagon fan, or worse a troll.
    Last edited by xmas1997; 10-10-2013 at 12:20 PM.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker failed us. 6-23 for a "MVP" is ing pathetic. Parker was the "leader" so he gets 51% of the blame. Pop gets 29%. The rest of the blame goes to the rest of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Spurs fans who haven't gotten over it. Tell 'em Vito:

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol "real" fans

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I'm still bitter. Emotionally healthy, but bitter, as this one really stung. And my friends and even random people who find out that I'm a Spur Fan joke that our last and best chance was choked away last year.

In the beginning, I was like " no" to getting league pass and watching all the Spurs games after last season. But now, as it gets closer, I think I'm still on board. GSG. Again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dog was out on the freeway again, and I had to keep watching, knowing the outcome
    LOL damn bro...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually quite dandy tbh. I often look back at Game 6 and admire how clutch TP was. , I watch multiple highlights of the finals and still get chills. I can't get enough of watching that epic Warriors series, or Timmy's performance in Memphis overtime. Y'all just spoiled tbh.

But I must admit. My hatred for Ray Allen's face has not gotten any lower. And everytime I see LeBron dancing around on TV, It stings to know how close we were to smacking that smile off his face. But hey, they wanted it more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually quite dandy tbh. I often look back at Game 6 and admire how clutch TP was. , I watch multiple highlights of the finals and still get chills. I can't get enough of watching that epic Warriors series, or Timmy's performance in Memphis overtime. Y'all just spoiled tbh.

But I must admit. My hatred for Ray Allen's face has not gotten any lower. And everytime I see LeBron dancing around on TV, It stings to know how close we were to smacking that smile off his face. But hey, they wanted it more.
    I always hated CHUCKLE cheeks Ray Allen but now I can't stand him even for a second lol. He is a trader and a bum who ran to get another ring after his days with the Celts. I heard KG won't even talk to him anymore lol. I hate Allen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a couple more weeks and we can focus on the Spurs making up for that soul crushing ending. Seriously if they win it all this year, 28 seconds will feel like a distant memory. GO SPURS GO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts but I'm glad Pop got exposed, game 6 is gonna be the most watched Spurs game of all time, gonna be studied by coaches for year, gonna be replayed over and over again and people will know Pop for losing an unlosable game with his franchise player on the bench for the rest of eternity. That's a fact.

silverblk mystix
    It still hurts but I'm glad Pop got exposed, game 6 is gonna be the most watched Spurs game of all time, gonna be studied by coaches for year, gonna be replayed over and over again and people will know Pop for losing an unlosable game with his franchise player on the bench for the rest of eternity. That's a fact.
    Yes, a cautionary tale for the ages...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim would have been 5-0 in Finals, and in my opinion, would have won his 4th Finals MVP. But Pop sat him at the end of Game 6....and the result was, we lost. It's on Pop. Pop cost Tim a "Top Two Player of All-Time" status. Pop should never, ever, ever, ever be forgiven.

Thread Information