Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite frankly, get ed. I am not a liar, nor am I living in denial (of what exactly?).

As for possessing a "loser mentality", what exactly does that mean? It means that I can accept losing? If so, I'm proud of it - I've done plenty of winning in my life, and also plenty of losing, and I can tell you I learned a lot more from the losing than the winning. Also, without the losing I wouldn't appreciate, savour and be so grateful for the wins when they come along. You, OTOH, sound like a spoiled child.

IMHO, a loser mentality is placing all emphasis on whether you win or lose rather than valuing the process. The Spurs played their hearts out, never gave up, showed incredible courage and persistence in the face of extreme adversity, and lost with honour against a team that was very slightly better than them when it mattered. In the process those two teams gave us the best Finals series in a decade, it's just a pity we got a few bad bounces and they cost us the rings.

At least someone around here knows what I'm talking about.
    Living in denial about whether it still hurts, because the only way it could not, is if you're a casual fan or a liar. You claim you're not the latter and I'm sure you'd claim you're not the former either, so you do the math.

A loser mentality is precisely what you, fat inbred hick and others, have exhibited. Things like "we were close", "we've already won four", "nobody thought they'd be here in (insert time)", etc., is all irrelevant drivel, aka the stuff of losers. The reality is, in the situation they found themselves in, they absolutely, positively should have won. It requires two things you obviously don't possess to admit this: Honestly and . . . wait for it . . . common sense!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I was also correct when I said some posters were going to be extremely frustrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp said he enjoyed his summer and was pretty happy overall with his life. You on the other hand said the Pop ruined your life and sounded like you were about to slit your wrists and leave a blood written suicide note for Popovich
    the loss really ruin my life, it's tough to carry on and living with such disappointment, the moment we already had it in our hands winning the le became a story of all or nothing for me... now to keep living is not the same, cause this disappointment is so other level and different kind than all disappointments ever in history of the world, it's the worst disappointment ever, inconsolable kind of disappointment that take away great amount of vitality from you to keep living... now every day my soul is in misery, just like timvp...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *squaaaawk* I'm so depressed the Spurs lost

*squaaaawk* Life isn't worth living

*squaaaawk* Won't someone pay attention to me?

*whistle*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I was also correct when I said some posters were going to be extremely frustrated
    that lil nig DPG was correct about the hit on Manu's reputation as well.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you losers should be hurting more
    you are lying if you are not
    think like me or you are not a are real fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the loss really ruin my life, it's tough to carry on and living with such disappointment, the moment we already had it in our hands winning the le became a story of all or nothing for me... now to keep living is not the same, cause this disappointment is so other level and different kind than all disappointments ever in history of the world, it's the worst disappointment ever, inconsolable kind of disappointment that take away great amount of vitality from you to keep living... now every day my soul is in misery, just like timvp...
    tbh. It's way too dam obvious

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be sure you hit me with that "fat, inbred hick" insult again when you respond too. I die a little inside every time you say it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that lil nig DPG was correct about the hit on Manu's reputation as well.
    I still don't agree with that. But everybody is certainly en led to their opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, this season should be fun

no matter how the season ends, it cant be worse than how last season ended right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't all luck. There were alot of factors in the Spurs control like the players on the floor and how well they played defense. A defense isn't simply at the mercy of the offense and bounces but can actually make it difficult for the offense to execute what they're trying to do. However, the Spurs missed rotations and were generally out of position on defense. If the Spurs don't make defensive mistakes they close that game out. That's why you don't see something like that happen that often to other teams. If you get in a position like that your defense was probably pretty good so you know how to get defensive stops. Part of the problem is the Spurs had two of their best defenders sitting on the bench.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't agree with that. But everybody is certainly en led to their opinions.
    That just may be a little too rational for them to accept.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try to tell myself that game 6 was just basketball karma swinging the other way. Didn't Horry bail the Spurs out in the '05 finals game 5 just as much as Allen did for the Heat in last year's game 6? It still bothers me when I think about it in terms of what it would have meant to Duncan's legacy. But I feel damn good that the Spurs will have the opportunity to make it back to the finals if health issues don't derail them. It remains to be seen if daring Lebron to shoot will be an effective defense the second time around if they do get back though. A couple things in particular still bother me, though:

1. I don't disagree w/ waiving Jack - if he was the source of team disunity he had to go. But it's really a shame. For all his diminished skills, you KNOW he would have hit a couple of the shots Danny Green missed in games 6 & 7. Green was 1-7 & 1-12 in the final two games. I remember he missed a lot of shots, but . That pretty much cancelled out the first five games he had.

2. From a basketball philosophy perspective, I'm still puzzled by Pop's snearing remark after game 6 when a reporter asked him why they didn't foul when they were up three and (paraphrasing) he responded with 'that's what they do in Europe, real men in the NBA don't do that .' What I don't get is Pop has never been shy about exploiting the rules in other ways - hack a Shaq / Dwight for example. How is one of these strategies acceptable by whatever nba manly coaching / playing code he has and the other is beneath him? I want some consistency here in the answers. Own it & admit you ed up, or get over yourself & admit you were being a hypocrite.

Okay. fully vented. time for next season.

Believe.
    The reason the backing of Lebron worked is because it took him by surprise and made him uncomfortable. Not because he couldn't shoot. Lebron was one of the best jump shooters in the league.
    For great players you can't give them a steady diet of the same defense and expect to not be burned. Pop stuck with it too long and it burned him. You have to be able to change up the defense so the offensive player doesn't get comfortable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So according to ElNono & Benefactor, it will be very difficult for the Spurs to win another championship because we had luck on our side. A lot of things happened during the playoffs that made the stars seemed aligned for us but their favorite player Manu played so fking garbage that Pop and Manu nullified all the luck we had. Now I get why these two have this "lets just be grateful that we have 4 tles." I understand how difficult it is to acknowledge that Manu (Pop to a greater extent) cost us the tle.

Just what I've been saying all along. The Pop lovers and Manu fanboys are the least hurt about Game 6 and rather move on because the truth would be so painful to them, the exact same reason why Manu was in denial during the offseason with his "so-and-so" self-evaluation.
    To me it wasn't about luck. It was about the improved defense. We had the best defensive 5 man unit in the NBA in our starting 5. Our offense alone was good enough for good regular seasons but our defense got us back to the Finals.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could it be that the Spurs just flat ran out of gas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure where the "it was all luck" schtick came from... Diaw playing well doesn't have to do with luck. Same with playing hard nosed defense.

They're challenges, either individually or as a team they were able to overcome (due to a number of factors). You can't just assume every season they'll be able to. As a matter of fact, a bunch of seasons they have not.

There's also some bit of luck. IIRC, Pop himself said to be a champ you need a little bit of luck too.

So it's not all luck, and it's not all effort. There's a bit of everything, and for a champ a lot of those things have to come all together.

I though the effort was there, perhaps we run out of luck right at the end. All the players can do is work on the effort, the rest you can't control.

Mistakes or not, I thought everybody played hard and played to win. I thought Pop coached to win too (again, despite mistakes you can see in hindsight or not).

That's why personally it sucked, but it didn't sting. I have no regrets on how they approached the playoffs and how they were able to compete. Very proud of that team, even if they couldn't make it to the finish line.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure where the "it was all luck" schtick came from... Diaw playing well doesn't have to do with luck. Same with playing hard nosed defense.

They're challenges, either individually or as a team they were able to overcome (due to a number of factors). You can't just assume every season they'll be able to. As a matter of fact, a bunch of seasons they have not.

There's also some bit of luck. IIRC, Pop himself said to be a champ you need a little bit of luck too.

So it's not all luck, and it's not all effort. There's a bit of everything, and for a champ a lot of those things have to come all together.

I though the effort was there, perhaps we run out of luck right at the end. All the players can do is work on the effort, the rest you can't control.

Mistakes or not, I thought everybody played hard and played to win. I thought Pop coached to win too (again, despite mistakes you can see in hindsight or not).

That's why personally it sucked, but it didn't sting. I have no regrets on how they approached the playoffs and how they were able to compete. Very proud of that team, even if they couldn't make it to the finish line.
    Excellent post!
    Unfortunately it won't fly with the hater patrol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's going to suck will be all the times we'll be reminded of those 28 seconds during televised games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh. It's way too dam obvious
    Yeah I'm suddenly became a troll, somthing like 8 years I'm in this site and just now all of a sudden I'm a troll, very rational thinking... tbh you all say troll because you would like to living in denial...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, this season should be fun

no matter how the season ends, it cant be worse than how last season ended right?
    Not really - there is only one way this upcoming season ends better than the last and multiple ways it ends worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was all luck?? Yeah TP getting injured in the Finals was so lucky!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's it like to throw away an NBA championship...TWICE? Only Manu knows the answer to that question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i haven't looked at basketball all summer since game 7. i started to boycott game 7 cuz i really didn't believe we'd win. i may not look at bball for the first month or so. if we get back the finals it's cool, cuz the spurs are still my team(i don't jump from team to team like 90% of current nba "fans"). they'll be my team when they hit the lottery in a few years or so, but popovich screwed us in june. if he and ginobli isn't to blame, then who is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On to the next one...

Thread Information