Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u build him a badass system, but he still uses a 1080p screen?
    Who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like I may have gotten the last 3080 GPU in stock or it's not even available for me. This morning when I checked their site there was a notice that those GPUs were no longer available and you had to order a 2080ti instead as the best they offer. Hopefully I snuck in BTL.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like I may have gotten the last 3080 GPU in stock or it's not even available for me. This morning when I checked their site there was a notice that those GPUs were no longer available and you had to order a 2080ti instead as the best they offer. Hopefully I snuck in BTL.
    Wow would suck if they tried to stick you with the 2080 Ti. 3080 mops the floor with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow would suck if they tried to stick you with the 2080 Ti. 3080 mops the floor with it.
    They can go back and their mothers some more. I won't take shipment of something I didn't order, because I have the invoice and that's that. I would take a free 2080Ti though.

Order Summary

NZXT H710 Build

NZXT H710 (White)

NZXT Kraken Z73 with LCD display

ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero (Wi-Fi)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - GIGABYTE EAGLE OC 10G

Intel Core i9-10850K 10-Core 3.6GHz

NZXT C850 Gold

G.SKILL Trident Z Royal RGB 3600MHz 3600 MHz (max speed) 16GB (2 X 8 GB) More Info

Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500.0 GB)

NZXT RGB Internal Lighting Kit

Standard

Windows 10 Home

Sub total
    $2,688.90

Discount
    -

Shipping
    $50.00

TX STATE TAX
    $171.18

Total (USD)
    $2,910.08

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 came in today and it slaps. ^The Eagle is solid as well. I would've definitely went with Ryzen, but that's still a great system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 came in today and it slaps. ^The Eagle is solid as well. I would've definitely went with Ryzen, but that's still a great system.
    Intel actually came correct with the 10000 series even in the midrange (they're always the best if you're buying in the high end). Then again Ryzen 3 sounds like it might all over those gains in a week or two.

So is it tough selling your 2070 Super in this market? Can't imagine how much that card is going to tank when 3070 drops for $500 at the end of the month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intel actually came correct with the 10000 series even in the midrange (they're always the best if you're buying in the high end). Then again Ryzen 3 sounds like it might all over those gains in a week or two.

So is it tough selling your 2070 Super in this market? Can't imagine how much that card is going to tank when 3070 drops for $500 at the end of the month.
    It was easier than I thought. I threw it on Ebay, forgot about it, and woke up one day to see it sold. I paid about 545 after tax and sold it for 500. I got lucky for sure. Too bad Ebay and Paypal cut into that a bit with their fees. Can't imagine how some of those 2080ti guys feel right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was easier than I thought. I threw it on Ebay, forgot about it, and woke up one day to see it sold. I paid about 545 after tax and sold it for 500. I got lucky for sure. Too bad Ebay and Paypal cut into that a bit with their fees. Can't imagine how some of those 2080ti guys feel right now.
    Wow, can't believe you got that much. When did you put it up on ebay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, can't believe you got that much. When did you put it up on ebay?
    Maybe a week or two before launch and it sold a few days after. There were no shortage of desperate people looking for anything to throw in their rig. Even now guys are buying 20 series cards from EVGA to apply for their step-up program so they can get a 3080 later and have something in their builds for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a week or two before launch and it sold a few days after. There were no shortage of desperate people looking for anything to throw in their rig. Even now guys are buying 20 series cards from EVGA to apply for their step-up program so they can get a 3080 later and have something in their builds for now.
    Wow, that's dumb to do right now for Step-Up since Step-Up usually only works for a couple of models of a given card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are dealing with a large volume of orders right now especially since the 3080's went back in stock during the weekend.

I see your order is due to and we will try our best to have it complete and await pick up from FedEx.

Thank you for your patience
    ---

Obviously the stock didn't last long. Hopefully I got one.

Edit: It's in build now looks like I got in just in time.
    Last edited by DMC; 10-06-2020 at 04:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read the NVidia CEO saying they're selling like hotcakes and likely will have inventory problems until next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the difference between like the OC Eagle and the EVGA offering? Just over clocking stuff and some cosmetics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read the NVidia CEO saying they're selling like hotcakes and likely will have inventory problems until next year.
    Huge problem with bots purchasing these things online for resale like scalpers, of course that's not really a problem for the manufacturer but it would eventually be since people get turned off to new releases if that's the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the difference between like the OC Eagle and the EVGA offering? Just over clocking stuff and some cosmetics?
    They're always mostly smaller diffs... like some extra clocking with bigger fans, and like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually each company will have 4 or more different cards for per gpu. The early cards almost always use a reference PCB, eg the one Nvidia specifies. Later on you'll see higher end cards with custom build PCB for cleaner power delivery and perhaps better cooling to allow for higher overclocks. With Nvidia cards you're usually fine buying anything but a blower. Blowers are terrible because they're really loud and often the RAM gets really hot. Now if you're buying AMD cards that consume a lot of power you have to be really careful about the specific model you buy, because often companies will slap coolers designed for Nvidia's cards on the AMD ones and they're horrible since they weren't designed for the card they're put onto. This is a huge problem with RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT for example. There are some Asus, XFX, and MSI models of these cards that let their VRAM get up to 100-105 Celsius which is probably going to kill a ton of those cards in 2-3 years. Mostly though for non-blower Nvidia cards the difference is sound levels vs size (bigger card = quieter usually) and slight differences in the default clock speed out of the box. How well your card overclocks is mostly a function of how good the chip you got in the card is, and that's pretty random unless you spend high dollars for binned cards like MSI Lightning or EVGA Kingpin. And those are really designed for dumbasses trying to set world records with liquid nitrogen cooling.

tl;dr version - your card is one of those giant 3 fan models, so it's probably one of the quieter running models of the 3080

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing that might differ is the count and type of connectors, so be in the lookout for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing that might differ is the count and type of connectors, so be in the lookout for that.
    This. Had to buy two third party corsair compatible 8 to 8 pin connectors for the gpu because the 2s on my 6+2s didn't fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Had to buy two third party corsair compatible 8 to 8 pin connectors for the gpu because the 2s on my 6+2s didn't fit.
    Rear connector accomodations as well? (Bend over, etc...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tracking says it will arrive Saturday. It's going to be interesting to see how motivated I am to fix the 1080Ti rig once the mobo arrives in a week or two...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn AMD is claiming a +19% IPC upgrade with Zen 3 vs Zen 2. Zen 2 was 15% over Zen 1 by comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh $300 for the 6c/12t 5600X.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh $300 for the 6c/12t 5600X.
    Is that bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went up $100 vs the R5 3600. Can't believe Intel is going to end up the bang for your buck performance king.

Chip looks like it's going to be like 15-20% faster than the $180 6c/12t i5-10400f in gaming for $300.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went up $100 vs the R5 3600. Can't believe Intel is going to end up the bang for your buck performance king.

Chip looks like it's going to be like 15-20% faster than the $180 6c/12t i5-10400f in gaming for $300.
    Maybe I didn't up too bad lol

Thread Information